5/20

I Hate You to the Moon and Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The kids were excitedly running all over the place, some were snapping pictures together, few kids were preparing foods for lunch helping the teachers, while Baekhyun sits under an old tree alone, studying, feeling the fresh air, adoring the beauty and the serenity of the place. The scenery is calming and amazing, she wanted to take a picture but their phone was confiscated. Her cramp has finally subsided. She misses her friend, if only Jongdae's here she won't be sitting alone, speaking of loneliness, her face lightens up when she found Chanyeol walking towards her location. Chanyeol lies down at the grassy ground with two hands behind his head as Baekhyun sits down.

"So, you want to perform later?" Baekhyun shakes her head.

"I don’t know, I can't sing with an audience you know that and I don't have a group so I'll slack off. You? Performing with the two?" She asks him, she focus her gaze on the curly guy. Chanyeol stayed silent for a while, he's thinking maybe. Eyes still fixed on him, she watches him lift his body up and sit close to her.

"You want to sing together? You know? The usual.." He proposes.

"But your friends.."

"You know I can't dance B and that two is perfectly amazing, I'll only ruin their performance." Baekhyun chuckles, she remembered during kindergarten, Chanyeol cried when he thought the teacher is forcing him to dance. Finally Chanyeol looks at her, locked eyes, Baekhyun just can't stop laughing, scrunching her nose, the guy is only watching her in disbelief. "You know I always love that."

"Huh?" Confused about what the guy is referring too she continues to laugh, scrunching her nose from time to time.

"That one, whenever you do that to your nose!" He whined when the girl repeatedly do the action. Baekhyun laugh again, Chanyeol is too cute for his size and age. "Whatever." He pouted, breaking the stare, he began pulling out some grass in annoyance.

"Okay okay. Stop acting like a kid, I only remembered something." Chanyeol didn't replied, still acting upset. Baekhyun is aware of his gloomy face. "So when do we practice?" She asks.

"Later after lunch." Chanyeol stands up, reaching a hand for his friend, Baekhyun took his hand and together they walked back at the base camp.

After the festive lunch, the kids scattered around the campsite again, some to do their personal business, some to sleep while others to practice. Baekhyun saw Chanyeol following his friends, they didn't have lunch together. Baekhyun is still trying to hide her friendship with Chanyeol to avoid further problems from the guy’s mini fan club.

Baekhyun is happily conversing with few of her teachers as she helped in cleaning the area. She isn't that close with her classmates but Baekhyun has a strong bond with almost all of their teachers. Her intelligence and kindness helped her draw closer to them. After receiving a little lecture from the teachers, they encouraged Baekhyun to socialize with her friends. Some teachers were attentive to her noticing her introverted characteristic but they were oblivious of the bullying part, the incidents were kept secret inside the classroom. Sick of the earful lecture Baekhyun said goodbye.

As she walks fast toward the direction of her partner, she drop by at her team mate's area and converse with them about the sleeping arrangement. After the short talk she looks for the trio when she can't find them on their previous location. Slowly she studied the area of the camping ground, the bathrooms and the comfort room for opposite gender was separated, each at the very end of the site. The tents are encircling a huge campfire area, with 10 tables in front of each tent and 1 big table.

A smile painted on her face when she saw the trio in a secluded area, a well hidden area with no one but only them, Jongin and Sehun were harmoniously dancing in sync while Chanyeol is lying at a bench near them, sleeping and resting. She sneakily came closer to Chanyeol and lean her face to his, she's planning to scare the sleeping guy. Baekhyun has her face this close to Chanyeol's a million times but never with his eyes close. It is so innocent, Chanyeol's sleeping face.

"Hyung!" His friends yelled in chorus. Chanyeol opened his eyes to lift his body but then.. his lips touched into something soft.

Blinking a few times, Baekhyun remained frozen, dumbstruck about their state, Chanyeol doesn't move either, hesitant to push her away or to kiss her hard. Their lips were touching, nose pressed against each other. Chanyeol wanted to grab her neck to pull her closer to him so he can savor her sweet lips, but he just can't.

Chanyeol hold her shoulder tight and gently push her away when he heard the bastards squealing down the mini stage they're practicing at. "I'm sorry." He whispers to her. When Chanyeol get up from the bench he gently pushes the girl to sit down. "Wait here okay."

Jongin and Sehun dashed off when they saw the rage on Chanyeol's eyes, he looks like a missile that found its target. Baekhyun lift a finger up, caressing her lips. This isn't her first kiss, Junmyeon kissed her a few days back but the feeling cannot be compared when her lips touches Chanyeol's. Chanyeol’s lip is somehow addictive compared to Junmyeon.

"They're dead." Chanyeol shyly boast to his friend as he slowly walks towards her.

Baekhyun blushed when their eyes meet, shyly taking her gaze back. Chuckling as he takes a seat next to her. Chanyeol cutely ruffle her hair.

"So what do you want to perform?" Chanyeol asks again, eyes watching his friends seriously practicing their dance routine.

"Up to you? The usual song?" She asks.

"I think the song is too old. How about our favorite instead of the grandparent's?" Baekhyun frowned, thinking, Chanyeol has a point, they haven't performed it together for like 2 years already.

"Sure, I think it will be nice." Baekhyun agreed.

=============

For the rest of the afternoon, Jongin and Sehun slept under the shade of big trees, lying into the green grass. Chanyeol and Baekhyun stopped practicing after a few sets. Discussing what to wear, the two of them is dumbstruck, they never thought something like this would happen and didn't bring formal clothes. Left with no choice, they decided for a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter