13/20

I Hate You to the Moon and Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Stealing glances at the back seat of the car, Baekhyun and Chanyeol is distressed, Baekhyun's parents were supposedly to be still enjoying their vacation in Japan but she mysteriously showed up at the airport with Chanyeol's mom. With the tension rising inside the car, the couple senses negative news. Chanyeol has tried to start a conversation but awkwardly got ignored.

Reaching their house, Baekhyun has been requested by Chanyeol's mom to help her take the food she prepared at their house as Chanyeol carried their luggage into the Byun’s house. Nervous, Chanyeol tried to ask a question but he only received a nod in response from Baekhyun’s mother.

All four of them were silently eating their lunch, Chanyeol eating beside his mom and across Baekhyun. This time, Baekhyun tried to narrate her first Maroon 5 concert experience and how the lead vocalist kiss her hand, how happy she is that time she feels like flying, but still, only Chanyeol smile with the purest one, both mothers can only nod and eat in silence.

When the awkward lunch is finally over, Baekhyun lost her patience and gave Luhan a call to hangout and gave her the souvenir she brought. She originally planned to rest and sleep but she quietly got annoyed by the cold treatment her mother has been giving her, she also asked her again if there's any problem but she only shrug her shoulders to answer.

Before sunset, Chanyeol arrived at Baekhyun's house. He awkwardly greeted Baekhyun's mother who is sipping a cup of tea at the kitchen table. When she finally fakes a smile Chanyeol worriedly approach her to check. She stands up and asks Chanyeol to follow her. Following her, Chanyeol sits down in a chair across her aunt. For a while they didn't speak, she open her laptop and play something on it and turn it around for Chanyeol to watch.

Jaw drop, eyes grew bigger, cold beads of sweat dripping to his face. Chanyeol got speechless he wanted to say something but he feels like his tongue got cut off. He can't bear to watch anymore and gently fold the laptop. Baekhyun's mom is hiding her face under her palms, trying to be strong as possible, sighing heavily from time to time.

"A-aunt.. I-im sorry.. for e-everything I did to her.. I'm really sorry but right now I-i, we, we've been trying to fix this.. I-i'm sorry.." Chanyeol is stuttering unable to speak straightly with all of this unexpected twist of story.

"I've trusted you, you know that but all these years you've been doing things unimagined to her. We thought you were her friend but we have mistakenly trusted you. I guess no more questions are needed when this video answers it all. Now, Chanyeol.." Chanyeol is getting scared, his eyes began letting out involuntary tears. "We want you to stay away from her, you see, she have begged us a few times to transfer her to another school or another country but we disagree. We didn't know she's been suffering because of you."

"I-I’m really sorry but I can't leave her, I can't just leave her, I-" Eyes came rushing, he's hurt.

 

"Yeol, you're a good kid, you know better than this. Baekhyun doesn't deserve this kind of pain. When will you let her be happy?" She moves around to him, Chanyeol's eyes grew bigger, she's kneeling in front of him. "Please stop hurting her, my baby needed to be happy." She begs, Chanyeol is trying to lift her up but she's eager and broken.

"Aunt please don’t do this, I love her and she loves me, we are dating already." She stopped crying and stares at the boy in disbelief.

"You were dating? You found the guts to date her? Do you think whenever he sees you she could forget everything harmful you caused her? It will only-"

"No no no no no.. no.. please.. I'm sorry I'm sorry.." Chanyeol started to be skeptical the more she speak, scared, he knows where this conversation is leading.

"Everytime she see you it would remind how much you have hurt her and it will hurt her even more, your presence will only pain the wounds you had inflicted her already." She cried, glaring at the guy.

No one speaks. No one dared to move. Chanyeol is crying, thinking as Baekhyun’s mother waits for his decision.

"I will leave her aunt but please forgive me, I'm sorry." Chanyeol finally decides.

"I will but let's wait for time to heal us." She hugged her, thanking the guy over and over again.

Chanyeol stood up, wiping his tears away, trying to regain his calmness before storming out of the room, out of the house, out of Baekhyun's life, for her own good.

When Baekhyun returns home, he went straight to her room and unpack, taking her souvenirs for her parents. But then, her father came inside, forcing a fake smile he sits on her bed, watching his daughter unpack.

"Watching you unpack from your first overseas trip without us made me realize how grown up you are now." Baekhyun rolled her eyes for her father's unexpected emotional comment.

"Dad, mom has been acting cold to me and now you're acting.. weird." She sits beside him knowing something's off and it's making her impatient. "What is it? Dad?"

"Do you remember when you said you wanted to study abroad, your mom and I had decided to send you to your uncle at Berlin to-"

"I don't want it now though." Baekhyun smiles at him grabbing his hand. "I am happy now here and I'm almost done with High school-" Her father cups her face, letting another force smile.

"Sweety, we are sorry, everything has been settled already. The papers have been prepared and you were leaving after two days."

Baekhyun feels a wave of pain flowing in every nerves of her system. She isn't leaving how she can leave when everything is finally doing great for her. Leaving Chanyeol has never been in her mind.

"I'm sorry dad but I can't, I won't leave!" Baekhyun shouted, forcing her feet to be strong as she feels every cell inside her body is malfunctioning.

Bumping into her mother in the hallway, she glared at her, sending angry glare to her as she wipes her tears. "I hate you!" She yelled.

"Baekhyun you weren't leaving this house!" Her mother yelled back, taking a hold at her daughter’s arm.

"I won't leave this country remember that!"

"Can't you see we are protecting you!" Her father is rubbing his wife's shoulder, guiding his wife for whatever might happen.

"Protecting? If you wanted to protect me you could have done it years ago and not right now when my life is at its peak!" She cried, finally, she doesn't know why her tears just came out. "I am happy now, mom, dad." Baekhyun gently said before turning her back hoping they will understand.

But before she can even take another step, her mother grab her again to slap her face, Baekhyun's face grow wider, tears rushing to her cheeks. Her mother has hurt her, she just hurt her physically.

"Don't turn your back on me, we are not finished talking yet!"

"We are done! I already told you I AM NOT ING LEAVING KOREA!" Another strong slap has landed on her face, it is her father. Baekhyun smirked in disbelief, her father's eyes weren't mad but rather surprised to what he has done. Baekhyun runs out from their house.

=============

Like being stabbed a thousand times, Baekhyun's entire being has been hurting she can't even remember how to breathe, running she end up inside Chanyeol's room but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter