Chapter 7

The Double D Dilemma
Please log in to read the full chapter

The girls woke up close to noon. G checks her phone and sees a reply from Angie in the Laling’s group chat.

Angie : I haven’t left the country if that’s what you’re asking

 

G notices that the text sent was at 4.07am. Why would she reply at 4am though? G’s curiosity is triggered. She leaves the message on read and tells the girls that she thinks Angie might legit be dating someone.

“4am, eh?” Sydney muses while packing her bag.

“She must’ve been out all night, that sly woman.” Tara theorizes as she clears the coffee table from last night’s camp-out.

G stands in front of her wardrobe and deliberates her date night outfit. “Guys, what should I wear tonight?” she flips and shoves her clothes hanging in the cupboard.

“Where are you going tonight?” Tara is still busy straightening up the living room.

“I have a date.”

“YOU HAVE A DATE?” Sydney overhears the conversation and runs into G’s room. “How is it that this piece of information was left out from our session last night??” Sydney stands huffily next to G with her hands on her hips. She turns G around.

“Who are you dating???” then comes Tara, mini jogging into the room.

“I’m not dating anyone! It’s just a simple date. Like… just…. a….. date! Nothing to be excited about!” G cries and turns to flip her clothes in the closet.

“Your last date was 3 years ago! You and Milo, finito – 3. Damn. Years, Woman!” Tara reminds everyone.

G turns to the girls and says “Ok ok… this doesn’t mean anything alright. His name is Daniel, he’s a regular at dad’s juice café. That’s it! I cant tell you anything because I don’t know anything else! Well…. Don’t know anything yet, that is.”

Tara excitedly shoves Sydney aside and raids G’s selection of outfits. “Girl, you’re gonna look smokin’ hot tonight! I don’t care if you’re saying it’s a simple date – wait, where’s he taking you?”

“Like I’m supposed to know. He only said to meet at 6pm at the skating rink. I don’t think we’re going skating because I have two left feet!”

Sydney interrupts “I’m gonna do your make up!” she’s clapping eagerly.

“Makeover session!! Yaayyyy….!!” Tara does a mini dance around the room.

The atmosphere that afternoon was so cheery, G couldn’t help but start to feel excited about the date. What would I do without these girls, G muses gratefully. She plugs in her portable speakers into her laptop and blasts some old school R&B music to keep the mood up.

Hours later, G stands before her wardrobe mirror with her face fully painted (G had protested to looking like a Geisha, so Sydney and Tara opted to slap on make up for her instead) and dolled up. G had shoulder length, ash brown hair that Tara managed to tame into a bob. The girls chose a denim skater-dress with a belt to emphasize on G’s mini waist. Sydney had insisted on the three-inch brown wedge heels to go with the outfit but G didn’t want to end up with sore feet by the end of the date. So they allowed her to choose her own footwear and G chose wisely – A pair of blue high-top converse, much to Tara’s despair and objection.

“You don’t want him to date a boy do you??!!” Tara opposes angrily.

“He either dates me like this, or no date at all! He can walk out anytime, I’m not at loss.” G assures her.

Sydney checks G’s outfit from head to toe. “I think it will fit. I mean, I might not necessarily wear it like G, but now that I’m looking at the whole out fit…. I think it fits.” She approves while shaking her head.

G checks the time, 5.45pm. CRAP! “! I’m late!!!” she screams, panicking. She runs about the room, grabbing her bag and shoes. “Lock up when you guys are done!” she yells running down the hall to the lift.

The Uber driver pulls up in front of the skating rink. G hops out of the car and speed-walks to the entrance of the rink. As she approaches the entrance, she slows down as she sees Daniel standing there looking at his phone with one hand in his pocket. She let’s out a silent squeal as her heart does a jump. He looked absolutely stunningly….. P.E.R.F.E.C.T. His hair effortlessly styled, she noticed.

G stops walking and stands in her spot to appreciate her view of this beautiful man. Daniel looks up, places his phone in his pocket and turns to where G stood. He flashes her the widest, most heart-throbbingly gorgeous smile, it made her heart race a million miles an hour. Daniel walks up to G shyly and gives her a half-hug.

“Hey Kid, you… look.. nice.” He seemed a little more nervous than she was. Coincidentally, he wore a long denim shirt over a white plain t-shirt and black denim jeans.

G did a shy giggle too as she noticed that their outfits matched. “You didn’t happen to text my girls to ask them what I was wearing did you?” she fiddled with her mini messenger bag.

“Of course not!” He grins widely. She mirrored his movements as they started to walk. “Shall we?” he motions.

G puts her hand on Daniel’s arm, stopping him. “Wait, where are you taking me?”

Daniel chuckled and said “Imma surprise you, kid. I have a list. Trust me, ok?” he puts his hands on her shoulder. He searches her eyes for confirmation “Hhmm?”

She nods in agreement. “Alright, lead the way kind sir.” She checks JaeBeom’s Geonaute watch 6.30pm, makes a mental note and takes a deep breath. Let’s do this G! G tells herself as she braves to forget all her worries of the world and contends to having a good time with this strikingly handsome stranger named Daniel.

She had to give it to him. He was good. He planned everything to a tee. From the timing to the scenes, location, atmosphere… everything. They started out by walking to a nearby food truck, that sold delicious sloppy burgers and mini pizzas. He swore by the burgers and all the Gods in heaven that they were scrumptious. He was right to! The mini burgers were to die for, as they were grilled to perfection. G didn’t want to spoil the date by slobbering on the first date (she decided to wait till the third date at least!) so she had small servings.

“Is that all you’re having? I’m sure you have mo

Please log in to read the full chapter