Chapter 3

The Double D Dilemma
Please log in to read the full chapter

A green LED lights up, indicating the right code was entered. The door buzzed and she pushes the door handle facing into her apartment. It was a small antiquated space. The building was old and in desperate need of some TLC. But it was the only place close enough to town she could afford. The studio was not more than 900 square feet, big enough for one person but too small for her junk.

 

She takes off her Converse and socks, places her bag on the bench. As she reaches into her bag she hears clanking noises from the kitchen. “G, is that you?” a familiar voice booms.

 

She reaches for the baseball bat placed next to the bench (for emergency purposes, she declared), raises it and creeps slowly towards the kitchen. The smell of freshly cooked food fills her nostrils and the male voice comes closer.

“JB! Seriously dude!” She lowers the baseball bat and goes straight to the stove. Sausages, eggs and toasted bread on the grill. She does a take at the wall clock, 1.30am.

“Breakfast for my bae?” he smiled, and scoops the eggs and sausages into a plate.

“Bae?” she wiggles her eyebrows incredulously and sits at the dining table. “Yeah right.” She mutters.

“What are you doing here dude?”

“Angie kicked me out. She had some ‘guest’ coming over. I swear if it’s a guy and she hasn’t told me about him, imma clock him so hard.” The sound of pots and pans clanking was his way of showing his disapproval of Angie’s choice in men.

She chomps on her toast “Love you hair color though.” She attempts to change the subject.

“Oh this? Yeah I heard your voice in my head when I went to cut my hair yesterday.” He continues to wash the dishes. He then moves over to the dining table and joins her feast.

They sat in silence, devouring what was left of the supper JaeBeom made. It was a comfortable silence. She glances up from her food and gazes at his perfect eye moles above his left eye. She trails down to his porcelain skin, well-shaped lips and then those… huggable shoulders. G has a kink for men in ocean-wide shoulders. She stops chewing and sighs while imagining what it would be like to hold onto those shoulders…

“Whachu lookin’ at Bae?”

“I’m not your ‘Bae’.” She states clearly.

He smiles, she chokes for a moment and he says “… ‘course you are…” and nudges her.

She rolls her eyes and gets up with plate in hand. He tugs at her wrist “Let me wash those. Just put ‘em in the sink. Relax, I’ll take care of it” he finishes up what’s left on his plate and stands up.

G then sinks into her beanbag in the living room and shuts her eyes. She takes a deep breath and contemplates on just staying in this position forever and ever… Pinching herself hard, she gets up and walks towards her

Please log in to read the full chapter