Chapter 16

The Double D Dilemma
Please log in to read the full chapter

The next few days were grueling and stressful. Giselle jumped for joy on day 6th (6 days since she last saw JaeBeom), when the red tide came to visit. She jumped around the room, dancing the rain dance. She chalked it all up to built-up stress; stress of not having Daniel around and pent-up pressure between her and JaeBeom. She could barely concentrate she was so worried about what she would’ve had to do if she had ended up being knocked up.

Since Daniel left her apartment, Giselle still had not heard from him. It seemed as if he had totally cut ties with her. She finds out from TV that he had won first place on the Produce 101 show. She found herself feeling so proud and happy for him. She knew he’d worked so hard for the show and to be able to gain so many fans in such a short time, she was so… so pleased. She couldn’t help but clap happily when she saw the results on TV.

The adorable image he’d put on screen, was something Giselle had first hand experience with. She realized how much she’d miss him and that some closure to this thing between them would help ease their transition better, she thought.

G decided that she would meet up with him to end things properly. She was pining for JaeBeom so much now that she didn’t want any lingering feelings between her and Daniel. So she and Daniel exchanged texts, to confirm their meet-up that evening. He sounded curt and terse but he agreed to meet anyway.

They met at Icarus Park since there was a look out point for them to sit at and talk. G arrived first and sat herself at one of the benches facing the river. She made sure she didn’t seem to put in too much effort in her appearance, so she wore her usual ‘uniform’, denim shorts, white Supreme tank top and her favorite red converse. Daniel turns up all handsome and perfect, in board shorts and a luminous green t-shirt. She groaned and hated that he had this affect on her.

Meanwhile, Daniel was dreading the meeting with Giselle. He had a good long talk with Seong Woo the night before about how things were going with Giselle. He was so sure JaeBeom was to blame for the breakup but Seong Woo insisted that if things didn’t turn out the way it did, Daniel would end up hurting Giselle anyway due to his enormous fan base and filming and performing schedule. He hated to admit it, but Seong Woo was right. He resigned with eventuality that if things were meant to be, it wouldn’t have turn out this way.

“Hey G, howzit going?” He sits next to her at the bench with his palms resting next to his thighs. “What a place to meet huh…” he sounded sarcastic.

“I’m not ‘Kid’ anymore, huh?”

He smiled awkwardly and cleared his throat.

The both stared at the boats that passed by, remembering how they had a good time playing checker-chess here. “You know, this cannot go on right.” G pointed out. “You sure you don’t have fans following you around?” She turns to look around.

“My manager is somewhere behind there… “ He points behind the trees behind them

“Your manager follows you around now?” Giselle didn’t know how to feel about this.

He turns to look at her. “Do you have any idea how long I’ve been looking for you before I finally found you at that Juice Café?”

“We met before that?”

“No we didn’t really, but I did a short stint of bar-tending at this gourmet restaurant at Hard Carry Grove….” He trailed off.

“Oh. My. God! You’re the bartender who sent me the Margarita!” Giselle concluded.

Daniel smiled knowingly and continued. “Imagine, Kid. That was a year ago and when I finally met you, all this had to happen. Such. Perfect. Timing.” He lets out a sigh and pulls his legs up to sit cross-legged on the bench.

“Sorry if this is late, but thanks for the drink.” Giselle nudged him thankfully. “I will always be grateful for everything. I’d be lying if I didn’t say I’d miss you… but I will. I will be cheering for you… I’ll buy your albums?” She offered.

“I’ve learned to accept that if things were meant to be, we’d meet again. Just know that I’ll always be here for you, Kid.” Daniel places his hand on his heart. “Even though I might be busy promoting my work, know that I’ll always be thinking of you, no matter what.”

“Thanks… I hope you’re happy though? I see you’ve been getting a lot of job offers lately?”

Right then they both turned around when they heard a male voice call out.

Please log in to read the full chapter