Chapter 6

The Double D Dilemma
Please log in to read the full chapter

G swipes her phone and pulls up the video call app. She scrolls down to Tara and hits call.

“Babe, hiiiii…” waving vigorously. “Where are you?” she squints to make out Tara’s surrounding.

“You have the best timing girl! I’m having jjajangmyeon with Syd coz I picked her up from the airport.”

She turns the screen to Sydney. “Hiiiiii Miss Actuary Consultant! We’ll be coming over tonight! I managed to get an earlier flight back home.”

“Woohooo…. Girls night in! I need to get Angie too! Ok wait before I forget, when you guys come over later, bring another two bottles of whatever booze you got, ok?” G waves goodbye and proceeds to call Angie.

Still on the video call app, she swipes for Angie’s contact and hits call.

G goes wide-eyed when she stares into the screen and sees Angie’s face and a guy standing behind her burying his face in her neck. “Erm… imma guess this is a bad time?”

“Ggggggg!!” Angie chortles. “I’ll call you back babe! You…….Stop it!” she giggles, some more, turns around and hits the man in the background. Then the call ends abruptly.

G couldn’t help but smile. Who is this guy? She couldn’t figure out where she would’ve met him. Come to think of it, she couldn’t remember when was the last time she had a heart-to-heart talk with Angie. The last time all four of them went out was to support Sydney’s client, Jin who just opened up a club in the city. She remembered Angie appearing in her all-leather outfit, smokin’ hot as usual, detached as usual and chugging her favourite Hite beer in hand.

G shakes it off, takes a mental note to ask her girls later and cleans up the dishes. Earlier that day, JaeBeom had sent her “something”. That something turned out to be a song he had written and produced. It required her to click on the link attached to the message but she had put it off since that afternoon.

She sighed and continues to clear up the kitchen. Her phone buzzed.

JaeBeom : Did you open it yet?

G              : No….what's the rush?

JaeBeom : No rush. I…Just… wanted you to listen to it.

G stares at her phone, not knowing how to respond. She decided to leave it on read and continued her chores. She wasn’t sure what was going on, really. Before yesterday, JaeBeom paid her no attention whatsoever. They were close since they’ve been friends for so long. However, it bugged her a little that this whole thing might have something to do with the guy in Angie’s video call earlier.

An hour later, the doorbell rang.

“Hey Llaaallliiinnggg…. It’s us!” Exclaimed Tara as G greeted the girls at the front door.

“You need to move somewhere nicer, babe. You have a new job now!” said Sydney as she took her shoes off.

The girls made themselves at home and camped out on the living room floor with their loot from 7Eleven. They spread out the loot on the coffee table. Syd then opens up a can of Red Bull and pours it into G’s mug and mixes it with Orange juice and Vodka “Vitamin C just for you G!” All that club launching work taught Syd something useful after all, G approves internally.

Sydney proceeds to prepare yet another one of her signature Red Bull drinks. She mixes the remaining Red Bull, Vodka, Schnapps and cranberry juice into another mug and pushes it to Tara. “There you go babe, Excitabull as requested.”

Please log in to read the full chapter