Chapter 10

The Double D Dilemma
Please log in to read the full chapter

Every day now, for the past week, G has woken up to strange but familiar hums of the monorail trains buzzing past. Daniel’s apartment was situated right next to of one of the train tracks, which made his place a convenient night cap hangout but also it makes it difficult for G to get a good night’s sleep. Aside from the fact that Daniel has been in a good mood lately, nights at Daniel’s have been late and extremely fulfilling.

She sits up, rubs her eyes and tries to adjust to her surroundings. She tells herself to suggest nightcaps at her place from now on. She shuffles to the bathroom, still in her bra-less tank top and cotton bikini briefs, she brushes her messy mane and brushes her teeth. Checking herself in the mirror and contends with a decent-looking person (as opposed to homeless-G, she calls herself every morning), G drags her feet and heads for the kitchen for some morning coffee.

She calls out “D… have you seen my hoodie?” as she walks in search for her favourite grey Mickey Mouse hoodie, which JaeBeom had helped her choose while they were at the Disney store years back.

She makes an immediate u-turn as soon as she was greeted by the familiar chiseled jaw stranger, sitting next to Daniel. “Why, if it isn’t Miss Good Luck Charm. Good morning!” smiling delightedly, he lifts a mug of freshly brewed coffee in the air offering it to her.

G makes a dash to Daniel’s room, embarrassed by her lack of clothing, and takes a quick shower. As soon as she emerges from the room, she is now clad in Daniel’s black and white checkered shirt and last night’s denim shorts. She flashes a self-conscious smile, while drying her hair, and walks towards Daniel and gives him her usual morning smooch.

Daniel pulls her onto his lap. “Seong Woo tells me you guys have met.”

“Erm.. yeah… This is a little awkward to be meeting again like this…” G tries not to make eye contact.

“Let’s try this again, hi I’m Seong Woo, Ong Seong Woo, not Gong Seong Woo. It’s ONG Seong Woo, not Song Seong Woo. It’s not Hong Seong Woo but ONG. SEONG. WOO. I’m extremely, definitely, really, awesomely pleased to meet you.” He puts out a hand, offering a handshake.

G’s eyes widened, then a genuine laugh escaped her. “OMG how do you do that? Do you greet everyone like that?” as she shook his hand. “It must be so tiring!”

Seong Woo replied proudly. “It’s my one and only greeting. That’s how I get people to remember me. So I don’t mind putting in some effort.” He smiled brightly.

The day started off well enough. Daniel and G, walked Seong Woo out after breakfast and continued their day together.

“I have some fantastic news, Kid.” Daniel starts off while they were walking hand-in-hand towards the cinema.

G looks up at him. “Hhhmm??”

“I got the trainee position at MMO.” He couldn’t help but feel pleased with himself. “I told you that you were my lucky charm.” He squeezed her hand, expressing his sincere gratitude.

“Dddd…!!” G squeals. “Oh My God baby you did it!” she jumps-hug him.

Daniel catches her heedfully and kisses her back lovingly. He could feel his chest burst with joy and he whispers. “I love you, Kid. I wholly, utterly, full heartedly am in love with you.”

“Ditto, baby. Ditto.” They stay in this position as she holds onto his shoulders clinging onto him with her legs clamped around him.

They spent the rest of the day out, watching movies, sitting at the riverbank watching the boats sail by and they ended the day food truck hopping along Moriagatteyo Street. This was the thing about Daniel. There was never a dull moment with him. Their time together was always blissful and complete. There was nothing to really complain about, she thought. It seemed a little too perfect; she shakes her head trying not to over-think her idyllic feeling.

What G did not realize was that this would be one of the last of wonderful dates she’d have with Daniel. In the next coming week, she would find that getting 5 minutes with Daniel would be like setting up an appointment to see the King, one would need weeks notice to get a slot in his diary. The reason for this would ironically be due to the tight schedule that MMO had setup for Daniel, since he had also been selected to represent the company in an upcoming Reality TV series, Produce 101.

A group message to the Lahlings ensues.

G : I wish I never dated this perfect man! (insert sulking sticker)

Sydney : Why? what has he done? Lemme rearrange his face!

Tara : Should I unleash prison woman Tara on his ?

Angie : At least you didn’t have to sneak around, like some people I know!

G : You mean YOU Angie? (insert hands on hips sticker)

Sydney : Awww…. babe he’ll have time for you once he’s done filming.

Please log in to read the full chapter