Don't go out, baby!

Spring in August

Hello again, everyone!

I can't believe I made this fic one year ago to celebrate 2min's 9th anniversary and I am still not done writing all the given prompts. We're on the 10th year of shipping 2min, woohooo! So, I wonder if I should keep this fic and write all the prompt or just mark this as a complete fic. It's been a year, and I've been delaying too much. Tell me what you think about it. There's no author note down there, so see you in the comment section, okay?

Prompt by Taeminho18: Taemin going into labor but Minho is in abroad. He doesn't want to give birth until Minho come

Enjoy reading,

aqcelnicorus :D


 

 


"Do you really have to go?" He pouted. "Like really, really, really have to go?"

"I'm sorry, dear," Minho scooted closer to his husband, placing a kiss on his cheek and on his forehead. He slipped his arm under the later's head, pulling him close to his chest while adding an apology kiss at the crown of the fluffy hair.

One hand soon wrapped around his torso, a face buried on his chest and two legs s his leg, an automated response his husband always had whenever he hugged him on the bed, side by side, face to face, like this. It was the same warmth, the peculiar calming scent, the familiar softness, and the surging wave of emotions Taemin made him feel. Only this time, he couldn't hide his giggle when Taemin sighed out of frustration as he tried to get closer.

"How is he get so big now?" Minho cooed the younger, and Taemin whined, slapping his in annoyance. There was insecurity flashing on the later's eyes, thankfully Minho was quick. He kissed Taemin's worries away, lips molding into one until he felt the pout on his husband's face gone.

They kissed a bit longer, Minho was just too eager to make his love moan against his mouth. He and , tracing every inch of his treasured lips, while his hand trailing down to the big bump that was Taemin's stomach; where their love seed growing healthily. He was so elated whenever he felt his boy kicking and punching the wall, moving in the small space more often when they got more intimate like this; that only mean that Taemin was stimulated or maybe aroused, resulting in contractions of the wall that was stressing the baby (not in the bad way).

"I really hate to leave you," he whispered.

"Then don't leave me," Taemin sighed, cupping Minho's face with both of his palms.

"Why don't you come with me, Tae?" his mouth finding its purchase on the smaller's neck and inhaling the sweet scent, resting there for a while. "It's only three days the most."

"Minho, look how big I am," he caressed the hands resting on his stomach, "the due date is so close. My doctor wouldn't allow me to go somewhere far, moreover on an 8 hours flight. I can't imagine if the water breaks and I have to deliver our baby without any medical help."

The elder hummed in agreement, he was not thinking straight, his heart was so heavy because he had to leave his husband alone. He was extremely worried. Taemin barely able to get himself a glass of water without his help, the baby bump was humongous. The last time they checked- which was two days ago, little mango (that's what they called him) was 3,4 kg. And Minho was so surprised at the fast growth.

"Kibum will be here tomorrow, so you don't have to be worried," Taemin kissed him.

"He makes me even worrier," he chuckled. "He's the problem."

They laughed, kissing another goodbye kiss until Taemin turned blue. Minho got few hits on his chest, only then he let go the pregnant man he married two years ago. He promised to call him every night, and to get back very soon, also he made Taemin promise him to stay inside even if Kibum persuades him to go shopping.

"We'll wait for you. So come home quickly," Taemin blinked cutely while caressing his stomach, "Daddy..."

Minho cocked one of his eyebrows, smirk hanging on his lips, "Why does it sound dirty to me?"

Taemin gasped and covered his stomach defensively as if he wouldn't let their little mango heard that ambiguous remark, the possessiveness was so adorable from Minho's point of view. They kept kissing until they heard their driver knocking at the bedroom door. The elder sighed, pouting along with Taemin.

"I'm going, baby," he kissed the stomach and smiled heavily. "Don't go out yet, wait for daddy no matter what."

 

 

 

"I can't get through him, Tae," Kibum shouted in panic.

Taemin groaned in pain, clutching the bed sheet as he tried so hard to breathe properly. He knew and had seen thousands of delivering process and mostly they would ask them to breathe in and out deeply, and for ing God sake, it was truly a hard thing to do. The contractions felt way longer in duration and came every once in a minute. He had ignored the pain easily at first, but today he wasn't able to keep his cool and finally said to Kibum about what he was going through.

"Why the hell he is not answering your call?" Kibum paced around the room, "Damn it, Minho! Your husband is in labour, why the -"

"Kibum!" Taemin yelled at him.

"What?!"

"Don't curse in front of my baby- oh gosh!" He scream quietly at the continuous pain in his lower stomach, he could feel little mango's head pushing the threshold. "And stop panicking, it should be me!"

"Okay," the elder breathed deeply, together with Taemin, "Let's go to the hospital while we wait for a news from Minho."

Taemin grimaced as he tried to sit upright, the cramp gone for a moment. However, not long after he wore his sweater and walked out of his bedroom, just when he reached the door to his house, he felt another contraction. And this time, he could feel something- fluid gushing out, wetting his pants, "Kibum hyung, I don't want to scare you, but my water just broke."

"Oh my God!" He looked down to where Taemin's gaze trained at, and saw a darker patch running down the inner side of his trousers. "Oh my God! Oh my God! What should I do?"

"Call Minho," he lulled his head, holding the emerging pain, sweat running down his spine. "I don't want to go into labour without him."

Taemin walked back to his room when the pain stopped, he changed his clothes, with Kibum following behind him. He wanted to laugh at the expression Kibum had, as if he was seeing ghost; his soul had completely left his body. Kibum looked so lost, eyes watery, and he kept whispering that he didn't want to be pregnant. Taemin did laugh when Kibum finally cried in the car.

Miraculously, Minho picked up when Kibum was wailing in panic. He mumbled over his crying and it seemed Minho couldn't understand his talking, thus Taemin took the phone.

"Taemin-ah..." Taemin's restless heart calmed down at the deep voice.

"Can you come home this instance? I don't want to be alone."

"Oh, baby," Minho started to panic, he could hear the stress in his voice.

"It hurts, Kibum is really not helping," he laughed but then he yelped in pain. Minho asked him if he's okay, but he couldn't hide it. He could hear his husband leading him to breathe in and out, and honestly it didn't help at all. Nobody could distract him from the pain. Taemin begged in between his uneven breathing, "I really need you to come home. I'm scared..."

He kept breathing in and out, trying not to be panic even though it was impossible. His head was airy and when he noticed it, his phone call was ended. Taemin had broken his arm one time and it hurt like , however, it was nothing compared to this pain. Mothers and fathers like him were indeed incredible.

 

 


As soon as they arrived, the nurses were soon checking him and his body. They were busy measuring his stomach, doing the Leopold maneuver to determine the position of his baby, checking little mango's heartbeat, and also examining the opening of the birth passage. He was changed into a comfortable hospital clothes and laid quietly.

"Your husband?"

"We'll wait for him, he'll come."

"The baby can go out any time soon," said the doctor.

"Still, I want him to be by my side."

Taemin tried to call Minho again, but he wasn't answering. He cried in pain, while Kibum could do nothing but cry as hard as him. Just why did he ever think that Kibum would be a better company? He usually talked a lot about pregnancy and stuffs, didn't he expect to see a panicking Kibum like this. His friend was ridiculous, a total bluff.

The contraction was getting intense every time, it went longer than before and Taemin could barely sleep because of it. He was so tired and exhausted, yet 10 hours had passed without Minho informing him anything. Taemin didn't know if he was going back or not (he better be, he swore). And every four hour, the nurse would check his opening. You didn't really want to know how painful it was when they did the inside examination.

"The progress is good, in an hour or two we're expecting a complete dilatation and we could let the baby out."

"What? No!" Taemin pouted, "I won't let the baby out without Minho next to me."

"But we shouldn't slow the process down."

"I will not-"

"Think about the baby, the longer he stays, the longer his head and face squished in the passage that is your hip bones. He could be asphyxiated and it's going to be risky."

"But I want Minho," he finally cried and Kibum was flustered seeing Taemin acting like that, hence he wrapped him in his arms to calm him down. The doctor scribbled on the chart as he left them alone. Minho's name was called several times in his break down. Kibum was helpless in this situation.

"Taemin-ah," he started, "I'll be here, your mother is outside too, if the baby comes, we will be here for you."

"My words are final. I will wait for Minho."
Kibum groaned inwardly, "Just why do you have to be so stubborn?"

 

 


Taemin was about to slip out of his consciousness, too tired to open his eyes but his contractions never let him rest one bit. He cringed quietly at the constant pressure against his bladder from the inside, his baby was moving his legs and his head in attempt to make his way out. It was 2 o'clock in the morning when the desire to push was very strong.

"Kibum," croaked Taemin out of his exhausted self. "Call the doctor."

Kibum jumped out at the painful grip on his hair, watching Taemin frowned while holding his stomach. He freaked out when he noticed how Taemin was trying not to bear down his baby.

"Doctor!" He ran out, after promising Taemin that he would call his mother to accompany him.

Taemin gritted his teeth tightly, trembling at the intense pain on his lower pelvic, and he swore he was about to pass out if not for the safety of his little mango. He wanted Minho, his husband, so he reached out for his phone and made a phone call even if his fingers soaked in perspiration. And he couldn't reach him, still.

The medical team came in fast and around him, the doctor slipped on his sterile gloves and asked him to spread his legs out, for him to be examined. He groaned when he felt two fingers exploring his inside, it added the pain immensely.

"You're ready to go."

"No," Taemin shook his head, fear soon clouding his head. "Not without Minho."

"Lee Taemin-ssi, we cannot risk the baby. His head is right at the opening, I can see his crown. And I want you to push along with the force of your contraction. Don't push when you're not feeling it, your birth canal would swell up if you do so. Do you understand me?"

"I want to wait."

"Wait for another minute and your baby will be stressed."

Kibum came in just in time when Taemin kept insisting on delaying the delivery. The argument was put at still, for the doctor and the nurses gave a brief explanation to Kibum about the situation. Kibum looked so pale and a hint of frustration clear in his eyes.

"Taemin-ah!" he scolded his best friend, "why the hell are you so stupid? You can bear another minute of pain, but the little baby cannot!"

Taemin snapped his head back when he felt the contraction again, his hands finding grip on the edge of his bed while his legs automatically closed because he was determined not to give birth without Minho. Kibum looked back and forth at his best friend and the team doctor.

"You're feeling the contraction," stated the doctor as he held the top of his baby bump, examining the quality of the contraction and its duration, "I need you to push."

"I said no!"

"Yaaa!" Kibum hit his arm, "He said push! So push your baby out! PUSH!"

"Not without Minho!" he insisted, frowning at the pain but trying so hard not to push. He could stay another day until Minho came and he had promised his husband not to give birth without him.

"It's calming down," the doctor sighed after some moment, "that is a good contraction we have, if you're cooperative the baby can go out at once."

Taemin's laboured breath echoed in the room, he wasn't listening. He took a breather again and again. Kibum was glaring at him through his frantic tears, mumbling how ridiculous Taemin was, how stupid his decision was and how he couldn't believe Taemin's stubbornness.

"Can you shut your mouth, Kibum?" He was tired, he didn't want to withheld this kind of pain any longer, too, but not having Minho by his side as he went through this hard time terrified him the most. Minho would come soon, he chanted, or more like praying.

The contraction came repetitively, and Taemin kept true to his words, that he would not bear his baby if Minho wasn't there. He almost passed out and the doctor got worrier every time. The success of a delivery depends on the baby, the mother/father and the passage. It would be harder if Taemin lost all his energy from his effort of not pushing.

"We could see the crown of your baby, Taemin-ah... we need you to push now, or he will have an ugly head," Kibum freaked out as he saw the doctor touched the baby's hair that was peeking through the opening.

"No," Taemin cried, he was in so much pain right now, he could feel his baby's head slipping further and his automatic response was pushing, but then he remembered the promise.

"You're doing great," the doctor encouraged him, his hand assisting the baby's head, "you can do this quick if you're pushing it accordingly. Only when there's a conteaction, okay?"

Taemin was crying Minho's name, he didn't want his husband to miss this moment. All of their romance would crumble, but he was extremely tired right then. He couldn't handle the pain any longer, the urge to end this soon was bigger too, because his little mango's head was stretching him painfully. In the middle of his despair, he failed to hear the door opening.

"I'm here, baby," Minho's voice in his ear made him open his eyes. His husband gave plenty of kisses on his forehead and face, minding less about his sweat. Their hands soon interlaced, while Taemin silently whined in pain.

"I'm so so sorry," Taemin pouted. "I can't predict this-"

"Oh, Taemin, it's okay," Minho watched Taemin's face frowned in pain and he held him closer, "It's okay now, you're okay, I'm here.. Hang in there and push our litlle mango out for me, hmm?"

When the bigger wave of contraction washed over Taemin, his legs instinctively spread wider, he hugged his knees more to his sides and with Minho's help he looked down to his stomach, eyes opened as instructed, and he pushed down. He breathed through his nose, jaws tightened as he kept pushing his baby out. It was painful, he wanted to scream because damn, it hurt so badly. He was literally being torn apart, and nobody could explain the pain he went through right then.

"You're doing great," Minho whispered at him, wiping the sweat that dripped all over his face. Minho kept encouraging him throughout the process, and he knew that Minho was going to be a great father for his child.

"Almost there," the doctor guided him patiently.
With a renewed will, Taemin bore down harder, focusing on his effort to deliver little mango as quick as possible. His baby had been wanting to go out since earlier and he would greet him happily soon. And he could feel every inch of his baby's head slipping through his passage slowly, thus he kept pushing.

It was like you had a bad constipation, your poop was so hard and once you let it all out at once, there was a big satisfying relief? Taemin felt the same when he managed to bear little mango's head out. Once the head was out, the rest of the body came out easily.

"Done, Taemin, you did it," Minho kissed his forehead, "Gosh, I'm so proud of you, you're an amazing father now."

The doctor then attending the baby's umbilical cord, securing his airway and stimulating him by giving a rub. Minho was deeply touched when he heard his baby let out his first cry, their little mango's cry was shaky at first but then became so loud. His smile was automatic, grinning even, while his eyes got teary as he watched his baby was put on Taemin's bare chest.

"Oh my god," Minho choked out. He was crying.

"He's so small," Taemin sobbed, his heart swelling with the amount of love he felt right now. He carefully gathered the crying baby, his crying baby, in his arms and held him close to his chest. The couple was now a parents and they cried together.

"I'm so proud of you," Minho kissed Taemin on his lips and they shared few moment of intimacy with their baby in between them, Minho hugging the two precious jewels in his bigger arms. And Minho was so in love with his baby, he was just so cute. He even fell deeper for Taemin, his baby's father who had bear all the painful process for him. Nothing could describe how happy he was right then, he got so emotional.

Taemin then remembered Kibum, he looked around to find his crying best friend squatting at the corner of his delivery ward. He smiled at him, for had Kibum cried along with him. Taemin then laughed, he could laugh again after holding up to such pain.

"You okay, Kibum?"

"I don't want to have a baby," he silently said. "Are you okay now?"

"Never been better. And it's not that bad," Taemin then stared affectionately at his wriggling baby on his chest, little mouth busy finding a to , "This is nothing compared to the pain, really... This worth everything."

Minho left a kiss on his head and they smiled at each other. While they were cherishing the heart warming moment, the doctor had finished delivering the placenta, massaging Taemin's now flattened stomach, making sure there was no bleeding and cleaning up Taemin's bed.

"We'll leave the baby for the initial feeding, will come back in half an hour to get your little sunshine his clothes," the doctor explained.

"Yeah," Minho bowed, "thank you for your hard work, doctor."

"Nah, it's your husband who works the hardest," the doctor chuckled," he was stubbornly refuse to push because he wanted to wait for you."

Minho laughed at that and bowed again, "Thank you very very much."

"I'll inform the rest of your family that the baby is out," Kibum, with a wobbly leg, went out of the room.

As the three of them left alone in the ward, Minho let out a sigh. He caressed Taemin's hair, smiling at his husband proudly. Taemin pursed his lips for a kiss again, and Minho didn't make him wait another second. They languidly shared a searing kiss, one that made them two crying in silence; there was a new strong bond connecting their heart.

"God, I love you," Minho poured his heart out, and Taemin nodded in between their tearful kiss. "So much..."

"I love little mango more now," Taemin admitted softly, causing Minho to burst out in laughter.

"I can say the same."