Keeping you

Spring in August

/Sigh/ FLUFF alert is on. In the middle of writing this I'm planning to write 2min y time, but I am holding myself. Because too much is not good lol. Maybe the next time I'll write some dirty stuff ㅋㅋㅋ

Thank you SHINeeNazz for the prompt: Minho has a cute kitten without knowing that it can be a boy

Hope you guys enjoy^^

I won't be leaving another author note down there, so leave a comment~

Love,

aqcelnicorus :D


 

 

 


His bedside alarm clock buzzed, the digital clock showing that it was 06.00 in the morning. Minho sighed as he stretched his long limbs and head. After 30 minutes of stretching and simple exercise, he finally got himself a shower.

Minho opted to wear a white shirt, dark grey pants, and black tie. Not that he had many colours in his wardrobe, though; it was mostly white, grey, navy or black. His clothes somehow represented his life and personality very well. He had a boring, dull, and platonic life. He was very proper, tight, and always stick to his rules. The only thing that wasn't straight was his uality. He had always liked man, he spared no woman a chance.

As he went out of his bedroom, he was met with a messy living room. And he was on the edge of killing someone, only to realise that the one who deserved it was himself. He forgot that he brought home a homeless kitten last night. He groaned as he saw the leg of his sofa was scratched severely, everything was misplaced, if not broken. It smelled like piss too.

"Kitty," he quietly called, and met with no kitten. "Where are you?"

He entered the kitchen, his intuition told him to, and true to his horrid imagination, his kitchen was a total mess. "Oh my god!"

And there was a meow and frantic scratches coming from the inside of the cupboard. Minho really didn't want to see what's inside, for he sure it was going to anger him, but it seemed like the grey kitten couldn't get out of there. Thus he squatted down, opening the cupboard and met with the small creature that caused a big mess to his house.

The kitten ran to his feet and meowed at him, it rubbed his small body to his ankle and Minho soon forgot his anger. Yes, he had a weak heart. Minho was very kind, he couldn't help seeing an abandoned animals in the street. He had brought many of them to his house before, and had sent them to a vet shop the next day so people could adopt them. And he was going to do the same with this kitten.

"You're quite a trouble maker, aren't you?" He embraced the kitten and its soft fur, scratching its ear respectively until all the way to his body and tail. He smiled at the purring ball of fluff in his arm, although the sight of his messy house gave his head a headache in the morning.

"See what you did there?" Minho sighed, "Let's get you a training so that someone will happily adopt you later."

At that remark, the kitten landed his claws on his fingers. "Ow!"

It meowed at him, lips forming something similar to a pout.

"Did you just attack me and pout? Naughty kitten!" Minho scolded it and examined his fingers, there was a small amount of blood coming from the scratch and he frowned, "It stings, you know. Why did I bother pick you up if you're going to repay me by messing up my house and now, clawing me?"

Then the unexpected thing happen, the kitten mewled at him as if in guilt and his wound. Minho was stunned at that, before he chuckled. "What? Is this an apology?"

The kitten meowed again, nudging his fingers to start its head once again.

"Fine, I'll forgive you."

He then put the kitten down near the front door. He grabbed his messenger bags and pointed at the kitten, "No more messing up my house, get it?"

Minho took a brief glance at his house and sighed, "Guess that I have to clean an extra hour later after my work."

 

 

 

 

With a heavy heart, Minho unlocked his house after his prolonged work. He was so tired and was planning to have a nice rest, but then he remembered that his house was still in havoc and it sagged his shoulders down even more.

He had prepared himself to smell a foul smell and witnessed a bigger mess than this morning, however, he was utterly surprised to see his house squeaky clean and tidy. It was bizarre, he had no maid since he only lived alone. He clearly remembered how his house looked like this morning. The kitten he brought had torn his living room and kitchen apart, flour all over the wooden surface, the white print of his padded paws decorated the living room's flooring, broken pieces of glass spreaded on the feet of his dining table and papers and books scattered all over his house. Not to mention his fur on his sofa.

In addition, there was nobody else who had a key to his house, not even his mother, so it was really unexpected to find his house became this tidy. It was suspicious, so weird. He took an umbrella as his weapon, just a precaution, and explored his own house to find the culprit. If this was a thief, he would never consider meticulously cleaned the entire house.

"Hello?" He thought he heard a rustle, so he snapped towards the kitchen.

"Show yourself!" He demanded. He walked closer to the kitchen and it looked even cleaner than what he usually saw. Then he proceeded to his locked workspace, it was remained untouched this morning, and it stayed like that. Also he searched every inch of his living room, his sofa was still full of scratches, the pillows too, and the curtain was torn here and there. And finally, his last destination was his closed bedroom.

Carefully he opened the door, darkness welcomed him, only his bathroom light switched on. He paused and frowned, he never left his light on, so he could only assume that someone had barged into his room. In the darkness he saw a pair of yellow eyes slowly opening, it was probably the kitten so his hand reached for the switch. However, his heart dropped when he saw a young boy sleepily looking at him.

His eyes doubled in diameter, mouth gaping at the sight of a mysterious stranger on his bed. What scared him the most was that the boy had a cat ears attached on his head and fluffy tail peeking through his back.

"Wh-who are you? And what are you doing in my room?" He came closer in a whisper, curiosity and fear eating him up.

Minho reached out his hand, trying to figure if he was hallucinating or it was real. When his hand was close by, the cat-looking human leaned towards it, nosing it, he even rubbed his soft cheek on Minho's palm and guided it to his protruding ears. The boy acted like a cat, he acted was more like cat than a human. In his amusement, Minho scratched in between the two ears and the boy began to purr, nodding off yet again. This was the kitten he found, for sure.

"How?"

Curiously he sat down to look closer, and the magical creature watched him sleepily. As he settled down, the boy crawled and splayed across his laps. It was an awkward position, with the boy's head snuggled on his waist, shoulder pressing Minho's crotch, and he curled around Minho. He could only watch the tail that snaking on his right arm. The boy was just too big to fit his laps.

"Urm-" He tried to wake the boy up, "Hey, wake up."

Minho noticed that the boy was wearing a shirt-his shirt- that was too big for him, and nothing more, no pants. He smelled like his soap and shampoo too, but there was this peculiar scent that the boy had that was slightly different. He didn't know how his soap could smell differently.

"I said, wake up," he tried once again and finally he got a respond.

The black haired boy with grey cat ears stretched his arms and legs, tail too, before he relaxed once again and sat up next to Minho. Carefully he watched the boy blinked at him. Few pregnant silence passed with them staring at each other.

The boy sported with short, black hair, his eyes yellowish brown, his nose cute like a button, lips somehow thick and pinkish, the edge curling slightly when he offered Minho a smile, and his tongue was cute when he tried to his fingers, only to realise that he had no fur. "Oh? I'm still a human?"

It talked. Or he talked? "You can talk?"

"Yes," he closed the space between them and stared intently at Minho's face.

"What is-?"

"Don't throw me away," his lips forming a sad bow. "I'll be good."

Minho looked around his house and back to the kitten, "Am I dreaming?"

"Are you afraid of me?"

"Definitely," he quickly answered. "What the hell are you?"

"I'm... a cat?" He tilted his head in confusion, "Sort of."

"I mean- how could you look like a... human?" Minho pointed at him, the latter's eyes gathered in the middle watching the finger before it, he, or whatever, innocently captured the finger in his mouth, it in the process.

"Whoa whoa!" Minho stared between his drying finger and the human cat. He swore his gut didn't tense up or his blood didn't rush to his pants, no.

"I'm so hungry," the boy pouted, a loud growl of his stomach supporting his statement. "I work hard to help you clean up, can you give me some food?"

"You can do chores?"

"I can do anything to make you keep me," his eyes begging, this reminded him a puss in boots in Shrek, but he quickly realised that the boy was an actual cat, he did have the begging eyes, "I don't want to be thrown away again."

Minho's heart melted seeing the eyes, "Uh, I'll make a simple dinner, but about you living here, I need some time to think."

 

 

 

 

After putting up a bowl of rice, fried egg, and side dishes his mother sent him every once in a while, he watched the boy gobbled up everything in a split second. He had to tell him to slow down because the human cat choked on his food, disgustingly coughing and gagging in front of him. The boy laughed after the incident, he said that it had been a while since he ate human food, so he was very excited. Minho smiled genuinely wide for the first time today, feeling proud as the boy asked for another bowl of rice.

"I'll clean up," the boy offered.

Minho watched the boy's back as he was doing the dishes. His figure was smaller than Minho, so young, thinner, and he was basically half drown in his shirt. But what caught his attention the most was that one tail. The grey tail was not too long, it hang loosely at the bottom of his back, swaying side to side subtly and Minho swore he could hear a quiet purr in the boy's breathing.

"Master?" The human cat glanced at him.

Although there was a chill going down his spine upon the title, Minho felt that it was unnecessary, "It's Minho."

"I don't have a name to return your greeting," the feline frowned after processing the name for quite some time.

"You're the kitten."

Minho saw disappointment on his face, wondering if the kitten wanted a name of his own, "Uh... You want a name?"

Hearing this question, the black hair skipped towards where he was sitting with his cat ears perked forwards and sparkly big eyes blinking down at him. The corner of his lips tick into a small smile seeing the cat's natural behaviour showing up too much despite having a human body.

"Do you have any idea?" He asked again.

The latter excitedly nod, "Taeyeon."

Minho laughed, "It's a girl name."

"I have female cat features if you haven't noticed it. I can reproduce."

"But you look like a boy," he pointed at his crotch, surely Minho could see a soft line of a male ia.

"I am a human male?" He rounded his eyes, "Uhmm... Then make it into boy's name for me."

"Taemin," Minho tried, "What about Taemin?"

With a ton of glee in his face, the boy grinned, "I'm Taemin now."

"Taemin," he unconsciously patted the fluffy hair in between the two ears, and the automatic respond he got was a face rub against his hand, while his tail loosely high up in the air, curling at the end, looking like a question mark. Minho's heart felt warm seeing how content the kitten (half cat half human?) in his hand.

"You're making me sleepy," he yawned as Minho varied his pat into scratching and combing. "Will you let me stay another night here?"

"I can't say no."

Taemin meowed at him, face grinning ever so widely, and closed the distance between them, curling up on his laps and rubbing his face on Minho's shoulder, kittenish landed on his crook. Baffled, Minho could only stay put, his hand supporting the weight while awkwardly caressing the feline's back.

The temporary owner could not sleep that night, for Taemin kept snuggling close to him, obliviously touching Minho in many of his weak points. Not to mention that he refused to wear a pants because it itched his tail. Minho had to bear himself sleeping with soft buttocks sticking up to him. He had to quietly relieved himself in the bathroom the next day. He blamed all the soft touches on his body, the warm press of supple on his crotch and mostly blamed his lack of ual activity, for it made the slightest touch felt so good on him.

 

 

 

 

The day he kept Taemin in his house kept growing, from a week it became counting months. He rarely changed back into its initial form either, Taemin kept looking like a normal human and ate like a human too, only his cat ears and tail indicating that he wasn't a human. When asked why, Taemin didn't know about it. He said he should be able to change whenever he wanted to, but since the first time he changed after meeting Minho, he couldn't do that as freely as he wished to.

But that one day, Taemin welcomed Minho as a kitten. Minho looked surprised at first, but he immediately craddled the grey ball of fur in his arms, his head to his tail. It purred at Minho's touch, its small body rolled to catch the long fingers that were him, clawing it with his blunt nail.

"It's so peaceful when you're like this," Minho chuckled.

It had been a while since Minho felt this content. However, something felt not right as he went through his night routine without a curious human Taemin bombarding him with questions. The kitten only followed him, meowed at him, rubbing against his ankle or sat on his lap, watching every move he made. The calm was a little too silent for him.

Minho took the grey kitten with him to the bed, he was about to hug the kitten to sleep when he realised that he preferred human Taemin better. This kitten was a little too small to be hugged, while Taemin was a perfect size. He felt a shy on his lips just before he drifted off, returning the affectionate gesture by kissing the head and rubbing its stomach until both of them slept the night away.

Unfortunately to both of them, Taemin stayed like that for almost two months.

In all honesty, Minho missed the boy more than he thought he would. Even though he was always welcomed by the growing cat at the door step, it just didn't feel the same. He was the only one who was talking in the house, and the only answer he could get was a meow or a purr. It felt a little bit lonely. The thing that was changing was Minho's courage in showing affection; he often found himself hugging it, playfully kissing it on the head, tickling its stomach and gently bathing the feline cat.

And Taemin too, was showing more of his affection towards Minho in the most heart-clenching way. It would rub himself on Minho, marking his human with his pheromones despite the human unable to scent it, but he still did that to let any animal outside the house know that Minho was his. Taemin would his chin when Minho gave him a kiss on his head, showing just how he wanted to be able to kiss him back. He would sometimes join Minho in the bathroom and shamelessly enjoying the view. And he might innocently settled on Minho's lap, basking in the human's strong smell all over his body.

The thing they had was far too intimate for a mere human and cat bond, and Taemin realised this. He had this ual attraction towards the human and it was deep-rooted in his mind. Something he couldn't understand, something like fate and mate. He prayed to be changed back into a human just to let Minho know that he probably like him more than he should.

 

 

 

 

Minho spent his night reading and editing files in his working space with Taemin sleeping soundly on his laps. He needed to do this because he didn't want any of them disturbing his weekend rest, so he pulled a nighter to get this all done. He would once in a while the grey fur and smiled at it, stretching his body before continuing his job. Only when he was done that he carried Taemin into the bed with him, kissing its head gently and let Taemin scooted closer to his crook.

He was so tired that he didn't realise that the sun was already up high in the sky. He had turned the alarm clock off because he needed to catch up with the lack of sleep. He rubbed his sleepy face on the pillow, searching the warm ball of fluff nearby but he met with nothing. He took a deep inhale before drifting off to sleep again, but his nose was tickled by something else, something smelled like burnt toast and smoke.

Sleepily he rubbed his eyes, opening it with difficulty. He was still so tired and needed more time to sleep, and for a second he contemplated to find out what happened in his kitchen or just slept his tiredness away. However, his bed dipped the moment he almost drifted off. Taemin was not this heavy- cat Taemin, he meant. Unless...

"Taemin?" His deep voice was a bit hoarse.

"Minho," a smiley voice replied him and he was thrown off by that.

Minho immediately rounded his eyes as he met with a human Taemin, grey cat ears peeking in between his fluffy black hair. He stared in disbelief, doubting his own sleepy eyes. However, when he felt Taemin closing in their space, joining Minho underneath the blanket and hugging him around his torso, Minho knew he wasn't dreaming. This was the familiar warmth he had missed the past months, this was the person-or a human cat- who would fit the puzzle of his hug. Unconsciously he left a light kiss on the crown of Taemin's hair, smiling as he felt Taemin snuggling into his chest even more.

"Good morning," Taemin whispered.

"Yeah," Minho entangled their legs, pulling Taemin so close until there were no gap between them, he securely wrapped his arms around the neck and the slim waist, "What a good morning."

Taemin smiled onto his crook, sending shiver all over Minho's body. They stayed like that, glued to each other for quite some times, savouring each other's warmth. Minho kept subtly rubbed his legs to feel Taemin, lazily his palms all over Taemin's back just to feel the realness of this. It was comfortable, the way he hugged Taemin was purely out of affection he didn't know he had in him. He had longed for this day, and he didn't want to let go any moment soon.

In the other hand, Taemin too, was busy indulging Minho's scent into his human system. He liked feeling the way Minho's hard chest beating against his chest, he liked feeling small in the taller's embrace, and he definitely love the shy kiss on his hair and the gentle caress on his tail. Well, he just loved Minho and his warm, tight hug.

"I made breakfast."

Minho tore them apart, just slightly, only to see Taemin's shy, pinky cheeks. His thumb automatically ran on the heek bones, a teasing smile on his face, "You mean burnt toast?"

Taemin buried his face on Minho's chest again, hair tickling Minho's neck as he literally shoving his face onto him. "I only failed the first try, okay."

"Really?"

"I failed the second one," Taemin mumbled, "and the third one too. But I made it the fourth attempt."

Minho laughed, his chest vibrated from the hearty laughter. Oh how he missed having an interaction like this with Taemin. Taemin was always clingy and touchy, he used to find it annoying, but now he was liking it a little too much. He needed them to be this close and Minho knew this feeling he was feeling was something akin to a deeper bond between two humans.

His heart wanted to beat for Taemin and it kind of scared him, but he was not denying it. From the way Taemin acted, while he was a cat, Minho knew he was treating him like he was his mate. This only proved him that they had something between them, if that was even possible between a human and a half human.

"I never make a toast, okay," Taemin muttered dejectedly, looking up to Minho as he said that.

Gently, Minho smiled at the pouty lips, he ran his long fingers through the soft fringe and combed the hair away from his eyes, opting to played with the grey ear that was soon matted against the head, feeling the thin layer of muscle covered in fur. Taemin purred at the soft caress, eyes fluttering close while his head leaning into the touch. Minho could see his tail swaying side to side, enjoying this treatment.

"It'll taste alright," Minho whispered. "Thanks."

Taemin slowly opened his eyes, "Let's have it then."

"Yeah."

They walked out of the room, Taemin leading the way to the kitchen as Minho silently watched over the boy, who had grown a bit mature than the last time he met him. Instead of having a height equal to his shoulders, the top of his head reached his chin. His body was no longer skinny, he was adorned with lean muscle and enough layer of fat that made his body curved a bit too sinful for Minho to see. His shirt wasn't drowning him too much, just big enough to tease Minho's heart. And even though he was wearing Minho's shorts, he could define his supple, round cheeks of his behind.

Taemin then pushed the plate towards him, showing his breakfast with uncertainty. Minho could laugh seeing how messy his kitchen had turned out to be, but he smiled so widely at the cute smiley face on his almost burnt toast made of strawberry jam. He took it with no hesitation, liking the crisp of the toast and the buttery taste.

"So?"

"Not bad," he hummed.

A proud grin spreaded on Taemin's face, coaxing him to reflect the same wide grin. He watched Taemin who was looking at him from across the table, touching his cheek before patting his head.

"You're not having one?"

"I ate the failed toast, so I'm good," he poked his stomach.

Minho's eyebrows scrunched, he forced his toast to Taemin's lips and the boy confusedly staring at him with big eyes. "Eat."

"But-"

Eventually, they shared the breakfast together. Minho then stood up to the sink, washing the dishes and tidied the mess out of his kitchen. He remembered the first time he brought Taemin in and the kitten caused a havoc in his house, the kitchen was the worst of them all. He still kept the broken coffee cup, brewing himself a cup of coffee to complete his morning-or day.

Taemin stealthily stood behind him, hesitant hands touching the broad shoulders and made Minho flinched at his touch, turning to him just slightly. He them wrapped his arms around the taller's torso and clung onto his back, sinking his face on the crook, tiptoeing a little.

Once Minho was done with, he let his coffee cooled down a bit. Unlocking the arms around him, meeting with a disappointed Taemin and chuckled at the cute expression. He just couldn't help himself, thus he took those awkward hands to wrap around his shoulders, while he pulled Taemin on his waist, securely holding him there while he sunk his face on the shorter's neck. It was unintentional, but he left a soft kiss on the pake skin, making the human cat squirmed against his arms.

And they stayed like that, Taemin was too happy upon this new closeness, cradling Minho in a breathtaking hug. After a while, Minho let go and took his cup of coffee, sipping at the bitter taste, resting his on the counter while his other hand still holding Taemin in place.

"Why are you so clingy today?" Taemin .

"I could ask the same to you," he replied with a low chuckle, tipping his cup another gulp down his throat.

"I miss you."

Minho smiled knowingly, "I hold you every day."

"But not like this. I prefer this," Taemin grinned.

"You're cuter as a cat though."

Taemin huffed, scrunching his nose at the remark. They set in a comfortable silent, eyes staring into each other and their bodies glued. Minho kept savouring his late coffee halfway, only to put the cup down and rested both of his hands on the lower part of Taemin's back, one  hand merely resting while the other touching the tail, feeling the soft fur from its base untill the tip. Taemin was heaving, purring and it was just too adorable to witness.

The feline slowly blinked his huge sparkly eyes, smiling shyly and the human imitated him, blinking just as slowly. Minho really loved it when Taemin did that with his yellowish eyes. What Minho didn't understand was that this gesture was an intimate act between two lovers, cat behaviour wise. The gesture was to deepen the bond, creating connection between them. It was a nonverbal that nurtured your bond.

Minho weirdly looked away after that, and it made Taemin's heart skipped a bit. Was Minho learned this somewhere? Because holding up a stare after the slow blink could be interpreted as a threat. If they looked away right after it, it would be a sign that he wanted to make the cat believe that he only meant friendliness, intimacy, safety and comfort.

Taemin dipped his head to Minho's chest and Minho happily cradled him into his embrace one more time. And honestly, Minho had never felt this openly intimate with anybody in years. His last boyfriend was never an affectionate. Just like his life, his love-life was also dull, no spark ignited big enough to make his heart burst. This thing he shared with Taemin, this magical being, was a hundred and eighty percent different than before. His life, should he say, was livelier and less dull.

"What do you want to do today?"

"I don't know," Minho shrugged. "Maybe do the laundry, clean the house and watch the tv."

"Hmm, okay," Taemin nodded absentmindedly.

"Or maybe order some food later on."

"You won't cook?"

"Maybe I'll be pretty preoccupied."

"Huh?" Taemin perked up.

"Too busy cuddling up?" The corner of Minho's lips ticked.

"With who?" The feline stared at him expectantly.

"I don't know, do you see anybody else around?" Minho thumbed the apple of Taemin's cheek.

"No," Taemin smiled.

Minho only shrugged at it, his heart swollen for some reason. Did he really just suggested a cuddle up with Taemin? That was so brave of him. Or maybe Taemin did a lot of wonder on his brain. He had a weak heart and he was sure Taemin used that weakness to tame his heart.

"Minho," Taemin held both sides of his face with his palms, their breaths paused altogether for a brief moment.

"Hmm?"

"Would it too much to ask," he hesitated, "for you to keep me by your side for a long time?"

There was a gentle smile betraying his face, Minho let out a soft chuckle as he shook his head. He felt bubbles in his chest, his stomach tickled from happiness and heart was about to burst. Then his laughter went louder, confusing Taemin who was frozen in his arms.

"Why are you laughing?" Taemin's eyes searching at his.

Minho was going to coo at his perplexed face, but he refrained himself. He took a deep inhale, cupping Taemin's face and then Taemin swore, he never thought that Minho would be so handsome like this. The trace of sleep was still prominent on his hair, but his eyes was so deep as he looked at him.

"Taemin-ah," Minho leaned closer, "I am already keeping you."

"Really?"

"This is already your house, and in return," the taller ghosted over his face and pointed his chest, or his heart, or maybe he meant every part of Taemin, "is mine to keep."