Prey

Spring in August

prompt by PB1997:
minho as an evil vampire and taemin as a human, then minho will fell in love with him.

 

P.S: well, he didn't exactly fall in love. I'm sorry.


 

 

Taemin sighed, eyes tired from reading too much words in hours. Maybe he needed to check his eyes since it's getting more difficult to read and see when it was dark. It would be great if he only got prescription for his tired eyes and not a pair of spectacles, because he definitely not going to like something resting on the bridge of his nose.

After tidying his books into his bag, he took his cold vanilla latte to its bottom, tongue clicking at the weird taste. He surely liked his latte hot, not cold. Another sigh escaped when he rubbed his eyes. As he looked up, his eyes stared blanky, far across the street where his favourite cafe was. He had sat for quite some time now. It started to get dark, so he supposed to get home immediately.

He was about to get up when his eyes naturally caught something, or exactly, someone leaning on the lamppost on the pavement across the street. His judgment was clouded by the darkness of the evening, but the figure definitely belonged to a tall and slim man. He was wearing oversized sweater with the hood drawn, hair out of sight and half of his face was only a shadow. Despite that, Taemin was pretty sure that he was staring directly at him.

There was no doubt that those big orbs were trained on him. He kept his gaze on that figure as hard as the later did. And he somehow felt his world shifted just a bit. He stood up straight, gaze unyielding while his breathing started to pick up a pace. Curiously he stormed out of the door to the path that was leading to that someone. It was so stupid of him, but there was something unexplainable stirring his brain.

While he waited for the green light to turn on, a bus went pass by him. And like a wind, the figure disappeared along with it. The street across him empty and nobody leaning against the lamppost again.

It had been the third time in a month he saw that man staring at him. With the same deep and haunting eyes, he stood at same place with the same posture, also with the same aggressive aura surrounding him.

Taemin knew that he at least should be scared, however, he was not.

 

 

 


It was quite an impression their fourth little run-in. Taemin was in his sharp condition, his papers were done and he was ready to run, to catch the guy who kept running from him. He would say that he was utterly curious. The look that someone gave him often made him shiver, yet it sent a different vibe with any eye contact he ever had before. The intensity caught him breathless.

So this time, he waited at the intersection that was leading to that usual lamppost. It caught the other guy off guard. Although Taemin knew the guy was the one who quick to run, this time, he seemed to let Taemin get closer.

His adrenaline pumped, there was this thrill that excited him as he ran in between the dark alley, trying not to lose the steps. He ran with all his strength, following into another block he never really knew. Taemin was a homebody and he rarely went out. His favourite place was either his apartment nor the cafe. The life Taemin lived in was merely about college, home, and his latte. Now that he had decided to step out a bit, his heart was beating erratically.

"Oh !" He was thrown to the wall by a strong force. His back hit the brick quite hard and it had him groaned a little too loud. With the left of his will, he brought himself to stand straight and faced the one who had pushed him, only to get caged by two strong hands.

"What-" his word died in his throat when he found who was the culprit, body went into defensive state.
He then met with those dark eyes, they were as deep as the sea, as fierce as a deadly beast. All of a sudden a hand gripped suffocatingly around his neck and he was lifted up off of the ground, his feet hanging few inches from the surface. Taemin had almost forgotten how to breathe since his airway was blocked.

This could be the death of him. He should have known to not to be a stupid guy, he had no preparation to this turn of event. Even the worst possibility he had in mind wasn't close to this at all. Weakly he held onto the hand, it was not bulky yet he did wonder how could it possessed such a strength.

And as he was about to lose his consciousness, he was put down on the ground and the later released the grip. Taemin soon fell to the ground, gasping for air he missed the most like a fish flattering on the ground.

"Aren't you brave enough to have followed me here?" Deep voice asked.

"You're staring at me."

"Oh, did I?"

Taemin swore he wasn't having a dream when he saw those full lips smirked before baring a set of white teeth with sharp fangs- there was no mistaking it.

"Wh-who are you?"

"What do you think I am, Lee Taemin?"

His eyes rounded in surprise, more when he witnessed the eyes glinted a pretty shade of amber. A faint guttural laughter was heard from the back of the taller figure's throat. He was way too intimidating with being taller, stronger, wilder, and it got Taemin gulping hardly.

"H-how do you-" he whimpered when he saw a tongue over the pearly canines, his words fainted into a whisper, "k-know my name?"

He was lifted onto his feet, eyes closed as he felt his body being caged by the strange man to the wall once again. Shaking he was, undoubtedly. Because only now Taemin realised, that he wasn't facing a human. Judging from the inhuman strength, the red eyes, the sharp fangs, and overall cold presence, he had one or two idea about what his stalker was.

A vampire.

Taemin wasn't a believer, but now, he had no choice other than that.

A scream threatening to escape from his lips when the later leaned onto his neck, his hair was pulled to the other side, out of his will he had his neck craned to the left. His neck was exposed and the predator had nosing down the side of his column. His wild demeanor scared Taemin, just feeling his strong presence gave him chills.

"You smell so good," said the vampire.

All of his hair stood up almost immediately. Shiver ran down his spine when he felt cold lips ghosting over his pulsating artery. He squirmed to break free although he knew it was useless. Tears fell on his cheek unknowingly. Had he knew what kind of monster he was about to meet, he would avoid it at all cost. Maybe it was right, the story book his parents read him at night, that a vampire could hypnotise its prey, because he felt a pull towards the man. That was the reason why a coward Taemin bravely seeked him to this dark alley.

Then he felt the vampire opening his mouth before something sharp scrapped his neck. By then, his breath halted altogether. What could he do except begging for his life now?

"Please don't kill me," he muttered with fear obvious in his tone.

He waited for an unknown pain of sharp canines breaking the resistance of his skin, yet it didn't come. Definitely no crisp tearing of skin. Instead, he felt a smirk. Also he felt cold fingers running down his hair to his cheek, them wiping his shocked tears gently before they stopped over the point where his carotid artery drumming against the thin skin. Another sniff on his neck resulting another submissive whimper.

"I have never smell something as good as your blood," the vampire made Taemin look at him, "You're so lucky I just finished my meal."

Their eyes met in an intense battle, but the darkness of his eyes made Taemin fall, deeper and deeper and he was sure nothing could beat the darkness it possessed. Eyes were the windows of a soul, and he could see how evil and dark the vampire was. There was no denying that he had taken thousands of innocent souls to feed his thirst.

"You'll let me go?"

"For now," said he while brushing his cold thumb over Taemin's jaw, "but doesn't mean I wouldn't come after you next time. Didn't I say that you have such exquisite blood?"

It was quick and Taemin had no chance to refuse. He felt cold, soft lips moving against his parted one. Their teeth scrapping as he meekly let the tongue marking every inch of his cavern. There was quite a big difference than his other kisses. In all honesty, it felt more... well, he could not describe it. It was a weird feeling, there was a pull to kiss back- which he did, and like there was a tight bond building up the more they engaged in the kiss.

He was kissed by the vampire yet he didn't dislike it, it freaked him out.

"You're mine, I'll always find you," with that, the vampire gone like a wind.

His lips still cold from the kiss, he couldn't remember if the vampire was breathing or not, all that he knew he was safe. For now. Ge relaised that the vampire could find him any time and he could draw his blood out anywhere. And the other thing was -this made him trembled with fear- Taemin got a flash of what the vampire wanted to do with him.

There was this vision about how he would drink his blood, how he wanted to keep him in possession. The next time they met would be him being bent down, the vampire hovering him in an intense while he sunk his fangs on his neck, drawing blood that made him dizzy. Something about marking him as his mate which he didn't quite understand. And said that the kiss was just the beginning of the ritual.

He screamed out loud, tears flowing. Then he ran. He ran all the way to his apartment, locking himself and closing every single opening that might threatening his safety.

But as he slipped into his blanket, he somehow realised another thing. That he knew the vampire's name by heart although the later never mentioned his name. It was a name he always heard since the day the vampire started stalking him out, it often popped out in his daydream, and he kept calling the name in his sleep.

"The name is Choi Minho," he whispered in fear.

 

 

 

 

 


Uhm, the story turned out to be like this. I hope it's not a disappointment to you. I want to write more but I can see chapters of it so I decided not to develop this more. If the opportunity allows me, I will write another vampireau in the future. Something that maybe related to this oneshot.

Thank you for giving me such a great prompt, PB1997!^^

Hope you guys enjoy reading my stories so far.

hugs,

aqcelnicorus :D