Count

Spring in August

Well, another plotless, weird, absurd oneshot coming from my brain. But not the prompt. It's a nice prompt, really. Could have done it better, it's just me who's not having a better idea out of it. Prompt given by MintxD: highschool fic (homework).

And I'm on giving my story a title, I know.


 

 

 

The sound of furious pen scratching on a paper was heard throughout the room, and frustrated sighs complimented the desperate scribbling. Taemin pushed the book away as he stretched his body with a groan. The day had become darker by the time he looked around. Tiredly, he sunk his face to the fluffy bed underneath him, taking a deep inhale of a comforting manly scent that belonged to another one but not him. After a few second of resting on his stomach, Taemin peeked over his right shoulder.


"Are you done with your homework?"


"Some times ago," answered the deep voice, his eyes piercing into Taemin's soul.


"You won't let me copy your answer, will you?"


"Not a chance," he firmly said.


Taemin shut his eyes for a brief moment. Even though his eyelids were closed, he could feel, see, and notice the intense stare coming from his friend. Thus he confronted the lingering gaze, looking back into the latter's eyes. It could be the big eyes, or it could be something else that sent shiver down his spine, a bit weird but not unwanted. And honestly, his friend had been boring holes into him for quite some times now.


"Are you watching me?"


The latter shrugged, "Maybe."


A soft snort came from Taemin's mouth. Taemin was laying on the left side of his friend's bed, his head was at the feet of the bed while his legs folded slightly on the knees and rested on the pillow. Then he gently kick the pillow towards his company. Of course, he got a pillow thrown at the back of his head in return. Chuckling, he grabbed the pillow, turning onto his back and rested his head on the said pillow.


"Say, Minho," Taemin continued, eyes staring at the ceiling, calmly ignoring the suffocating stare, "If there's someone in your class confesses to you but you don't know them personally, what would you say?"


It went quiet for a split second before a deep voice hummed, "Never happen to me, so I don't have a word to say."


"You're not helping at all."


There was a small smile plastered on Minho's face as he scoffed at that, and Taemin thought that Minho, behind the thick glasses and his goody two shoes look, was remarkably handsome. He sometimes didn't know how good looking he was if the taller didn't doll up for some night escapades with him.


Minho carefully put his phone away and brought Taemin's eyes back to him. "Have you ever thought about dating a boy before?"


"Why?" Taemin grew curious at the question. He knew Minho's preferences, he was not straight. No girls could distract him, but boys, he had seen Minho's intense eyes on cute boys plenty of times. Meanwhile, he, he admitted that he could to both boys and girls.


"Just asking."


"I'm open to every gender, I guess."


"You're not opposing it?"


"I have kissed a boy once, and it's not that bad. I got nevertheless."


"Oh," Minho's eyes rounded for a while, somehing seemed to snap in his head, "You never tell."


"Well, even if we're best friends, sharing my every ual encounter is a bit..." he trailed off, one eye winching a little bit.


"How far are you in doing skinship?"


"With girls, or boys?"


"Boys."


"Base two and a quarter?" He chuckled, "Not until base three, no..."


"But you almost screw each other," Minho's voice got deeper as he became so quiet.


"Nah, just kissing and touching here and there."


"You enjoyed it, huh."


Taemin only laughed at it, but stopped halfway when he saw a darker glint of Minho's eyes. He was soon caught up in the intense stare, and gulped awkwardly. Was he mad? He couldn't tell, but one thing for sure, Minho disliked the revelation at all.


"Who are you seeing right now?"


"Nobody," Taemin shrugged. "I'm basically attached to the hips with you lately."


It was the truth though, lately he spent his time with Minho, mostly with the taller because it was more convenient. He hadn't accepted any confession. Weirdly, the amount of it had significantly decreasing the past month. He hadn't had any casual make out too. He assumed it was Minho, not much of them were comfortable around the quiet boy, so they probably had stopped bugging Taemin because of Minho.


Minho nodded, acknowledging the fact that indeed they were inseparable nowadays.


And cue another comfortable silence. Taemin was staring at the ceiling, unconsciously biting his inner lips while thinking about nothing. He could still feel eyes all over his face but he chose to ignore it. His heart lapped a bit when he felt a warm hand placed over his left ankle.


Taemin glanced Minho, eyes surfing into each other's depth; none of them retreating. It was automatic, giving a small smile to the latter. And being on the receiving end of Minho's reserved smile made him extremely giddy.


"I wonder why are you staring at me like that."


The taller shrugged, folding his long legs to get closer to Taemin until he was sitting indian style next to the shorter's hips. "Why, are you bothered by it?"


Taemin went onto his elbows, meeting the stare of the taller, still infatuated by those big eyes. "What do you think, Minho?"


"You don't hate it, but not too comfortable with it either?"


He chuckled. "What's in your head right now?"


"I don't know."


"Oh really?" Taemin raised his eyebrows in amusement. "I'm not convinced."


"You don't want to know," Minho slightly leaned forward, eyes never losing focus on Taemin's.


"Try me."


He then warily placed his right hand on the other side of Taemin's hips, subtly trapping him while he scratched his nape. Mouth closing and opening, but not a single word was let out. Taemin encouraged him by holding the wrist, running his palm up and down the forearm.


"Minho?" He asked again. Taemin saw the small hair on his skin stood up.


"Ugh-"


"Hey... Ming," he whispered again, and Minho closed his eyes at that. This intrigued Taemin so much. Something about this moment screamed intimacy and Taemin kind of forgot how to breathe seeing Minho enjoying the soft whisper of his name.


"You know you can tell me anything," he paused, before lowering his pitch and called the name once again, this time with more teasing purposes, "Minho..."


A silent groaned escaped the taller's throat and it made Taemin's lips twitched. Was Minho affected by him? The way his pupils flickered, the gentle tremor of his hands and the soft rumble from deep in his chest were the concrete proof of how much he affected the taller.


Taemin watched him lunged towards him slowly, his long fingers tracing the curve of his cheek and he didn't fail to see how perched Minho's lips when he leaned closer. His tongue peeking out to carefully his lips. This made Taemin's heart stop.


"I feel like kissing you," said Minho.


"Oh, again," A surprised tick presented at the corner of his lips. Taemin rounded his eyes in amusement as they stared into each other's eyes, feeling a hot breathe fanning over his face.


His eyes slowly lost its focus and followed the ever slightly opening lips in front of him, watching it ghosting over his. Taemin his lips at the close proximity, pulling back an inch away, teasing Minho. He then felt a hand holding onto his nape, pulling him until they were a hair thin away.


"If I let you do this," he stopped the taller, "things will never be the same, Minho."


Minho groaned inwardly, he retreated his action and slumped next to Taemin, face buried to the bed. Taemin gulped away his nervousness, hand massaging his chest to calm his heart down. He laid back again, staring at the ceiling while he waited for Minho to come around.


"Four," Taemin sheepishly muttered.


His friend looked at him, question mark was on his head.


"I'm counting. Your failed attempt to kiss me."


"Gosh," Minho placed his big palm on Taemin's face, cupping them all within his grip. "You're unbelievable."


Taemin giggled silently before he decided to peel himself away from the wide palm, but not reducing their closeness. Instead, he hugged Minho's side and rested his head on his shoulder blade.


"If you let me copy your math essay, or any other homework, then I'll consider it."


Minho sighed out and shook his head, choking Taemin in his embrace tighter as an answer. It was a big no, and Taemin was amused even though there was a tiny pang of disappointment deep down in his chest. "I can't believe I couldn't persuade you to do my homework for a kiss you wanted so badly. You're extremely odd, Minho."


"I'm aware of that."

 

 


And I just want to rant about Kibum's solo! I mean, I'm forever yours, Kibum (pun intended)! I'm living for SHINee! I don't care what people said about his songs (seriously people in my TL has to stop biting each other's head off), because I will support every and each member no matter what. Underline that. I will go crazy about their personal achievement no matter what. I support SHINee. And yes, I'm a fool for OT5. Don't bother telling me off. I wonder what got our fandom so riled up lately, like this is quite different from the old shawol I have been. This worry me from time to time.

Anyhow, have a pleasant day, everybody!

Love,

aqcelnicorus :D