Last String

Spring in August


Hello, guys! I'm still alive, yes^^;;

So, this is a surprise update (even for myself)~ this is a prompt from Vittwomincentris: "They (Taemin and Minho) had both completely given up on love, until they met each other." Thank you in advance and hope I'm not disappointing you so much.

Do enjoy your read, and leave a comment for me!  or anything! I need to know how do you feel after SHINee's comeback this time.


 

 

 

His thumb brushed over the silver band on his ring finger, feeling the metal circling against his skin. His eyes were staring at it absentmindedly as he gradually took it off. Something foreign by the lost of it, something had obviously missing from his finger and it was weird seeing a mark left by the silver ring. He unconsciously ran his thumb over the paler skin and found nothing hard and cold in its swipe. A sigh escaped as he realised what he had just done. It just became a habit if you'd worn it for years. And now he just had to get himself get used to the absence of the band. Again.

"Rough day, huh?"

"Not as rough as the first time," quietly he replied, a hint of mock in his tone.

Two hands found its way around his torso while a warm chest meeting his back soon after. He took a deep breathe and put his wedding ring on the bedside table, relishing the warmth that soon enveloped him entirely. An appreciative sigh slipped out of his lips as a pair of soft lips meeting the bare skin of his nape.

For a moment, he could feel his heart beating again, his head feathery light, his body replenished by some kind of energy that threw away all of his fatigues, finally feeling free from all knots in his muscles and head stopped thinking so hard, "I guess this is way much better."

A low chuckle vibrating from the chest on his back, "Told you so."

"Yeah, you're right," he snorted, hand soon finding its grip on the later's hair, pulling them into a scorching kiss as they both entangled themselves in an intimate position. Clothes carded in a lightning speed, skins met in a form of addicting touches, and moans calling after one another as they slowly got deeper into their sin. Eager to get himself some kind of satisfaction and release from a person who was as determined to please him.

"Impatient, huh?" asked his company, lips and cheeks blooming red when he pulled him away from his length, hinting that he wanted more than an oral.

"No, just angry. I'm afraid I can't be as gentle as you hoped for."

The later replied by teasing him with a dirty deep and loud pop, "I don't ask you to be."

He shook his head and smirked when the raven hair crawling up to him, his chest up to his earlobe naughtily while he rested his legs on both of his sides. He was tucked tightly with a poorly coated palm and quickly being lead to the unprepared entrance.

", Minho-" Said that guy when he managed to encourage the man beneath him breaching through his resistance, filling him up to the brim. It was rough, it was raw, yet it felt amazing.

The face upon him was scrunching in pain as he dragged out his hard member, cursive whispers escaped from those sinful lips as he jerked deeper. He gathered as much saliva in his hands, smearing it around his length before pushing it in again, this time a bit smoother than before. As upset as he might be, hurting someone was something he didn't have a heart for, that was why he continuously lathering his shaft so that his partner wouldn't break. His effort was fruitful, judging from how his partner begged him to piston up his pace- which he did gladly.

"Stop bouncing so much, Tae," he kissed the later's pale neck, a hand pushing down on the lower back, focusing on grinding them as deep as possible. "You're not gonna last long."

"But I'm too needy to slow down right now," he squeezed tightly. The taller of them two lulled his head back, blatantly enjoying the silky clenching wall around his shaft.

"Unbelievably tempting," said he, hands groping on the slim waist and plump globe.

"Then me hard- very, very hard."

"Say no more."

 

 

Minho stared at the open balcony doors, noticing the sky turned a bit brighter, the sun seemed to get ready to rise while he kept watching trains of smoke being blown by the wind into his room. It came from that one person who stood proudly in his glory, his pale back decorated by blemishes he created and handprints all over the perfect globes, and some visible on the thin waist and sinful thighs; all of that coming from the rounds of that they had, all night long.

"Are you smoking or breathing cigarette?" He commented just above the whisper.

He could hear the scoff his recently-met-in-the-club friend slash regular buddy gave. Gazing at how those nimble fingers killing the burned tip of his cancer bar to the ash tray skillfully before walking towards him who welcomed the later with an open arms. Taemin coaxed him for an open mouthed kiss in which the younger blew smoke into his cavern. Their tongues met in a battle of dominance, even though Minho groaned in despise.

"I really dislike the taste, Tae. Don't do that again."

"But you never reject me every time I do that."

Minho sighed in defeat. He then laid down watching the ceiling, Taemin was on his side playing games seriously. His thoughts flew to his problematic love life again. He was in his late thirties, he was old enough to settle down, and he already did that. For a while. He had married once, but it ended too soon because his wife was pregnant with another guy she secretly loved. Then his second marriage that he thought would be the last time, was not working as well. Those 8 years being together was all for nothing. If he knew he would end up divorcing for the second time, he swore he wouldn't propose his ex-wife back then.

"I'm going to sleep here," Taemin broke his thoughts.

He watched the younger one getting ready for a nice sleep. Taemin rarely stay, but today was one of the exception, he guessed. Carefully he stared at him going to the bathroom, lips ticking when he saw Taemin peeking at him with a toothbrush in his mouth, noting how carefree the later when he roamed his closet, wearing his boxers and his shirt like he owned it.

They shared stuff, yes, but they didn't share feelings. They were playing safe, just like what Taemin had stubbornly insist. They had their lines drawn clearly and nobody dared to even try to cross it, not even once. With them keeping their fingers on the pulses of their respective love lives, they knew quite a lot about their many broken hearted story. That was why they protected each other's wounded heart by being a mere buddy. It was easier this way, Taemin had once said. And Minho couldn't agree more. No more hurting, no more false hope, and no more empty promises.

"What?" Taemin knitted his eyebrows when he noticed that Minho was looking at him the entire time, pausing in the middle of setting his makeshift cocoon beside the elder.

"Mind if I hold you?"

Taemin shrugged with an understanding smile, arms opening wide, "Come here."

"No," Minho slipped his arms around the smaller figure, spooning him until his chest met with Taemin's back, "like this."

"Well, okay then," quietly he adjusted into a more comfortable position, he let Minho sunk his face on the back side of his head.

"Good night, Tae," he kissed his hair and nape, resting his face at the crook of the younger's.

Taemin could see his vulnerability even when he didn't see his eyes, all of his gesture screaming disappointment and sadness, and he just couldn't unsee it. With a will to comfort his friend, he held his hand that was hugging him around the shoulders and patted the head that was peeking over his shoulder.

And they stayed still, just like that until they both fell asleep.

 

***

 

"What are you doing here- Oh my God, look how drunk you are!"

He attacked the talking lips as soon as it stopped talking, however he was rejected plainly with a harsh push. One pair of glaring eyes judging him with a hint of anger. Minho could care less, for his mind was fogged by the alcohol, and taking a taxi to Taemin's workplace was something he didn't think he would do when he was totally drunk like this. And the day hadn't turned darker, to be added.

The ruckus he was making made the younger turned away from him, and yes, he just had to run after him, embarrassing himself further more. He swayed towards the walking figure who kept apologising his fellow workmates because of his friend's antics.

"Taetae," he hugged him, but his face soon met with a fist.

"Yah, Lee Taemin, bring your drunk boyfriend out of the building!" He heard someone yelling at them.

"He's not my boyfriend-" Minho corrected, "we're just-"

"Shut up you, idiot!" Taemin choke him furiously and Minho was soon being dragged to the emergency exit door.

Taemin was folding his hands, face scrunched in disbelief at Minho who was sitting on the stair, looking ever so pitiful. He didn't want to know the reason why he was drunk in this daylight, he just wanted to know why he came to his office. The later was about to scold him, however, when he saw those slumped shoulders shaking, he didn't have the heart to.

"You're so drunk," he approached quietly, hand the messy hair back into its place.

It had been a month since they met, Minho was shutting him out of his life and chose to drown himself in misery, regretting ever fell in love and believing it in the first place. Unlike Minho who was optimistic about love-and probably that was why he was hurt so badly when he failed at conserving his love- Taemin knew how disappointing love could be, he had stopped believing it since he was young.

He once believed that his parents were in love, but when he heard that his ungrateful, irresponsible, penniless father had cheated on his hardworking mother and already had a child with that homewrecker, he just suddenly believed that there was no love in his world. Even if someone came up to him with a seemingly sincere confession, he would say no. Taemin didn't even want to dip his feet in love.

"Come on, Minho," he pulled him into his embrace, patting the sobbing mess and let him wet his shirt.

Only after the later had stopped crying that they left his office, with Taemin asking for an early leave.

As soon as they entered Taemin's apartment, Minho walked lifelessly towards the couch, holding his head as if something just hit his head. The younger of them two made a hot coffee to ease the headache and to warm his stomach.

"I'm pathetic, right?"

"Now? Yes," he chuckled.

"I married twice, and divorced twice. I'm almost forty and yet still so emotional about this."

"It's normal."

"It is not."

"Honestly, yes."

Minho scoffed, "Look how love turn me into. I wish I could be like you, Tae."

There was a pregnant silence between them.

"Do you love her so much?" Taemin just had to asked that.

"My ex-wife?"

"Hmm, who else?"

"My ex-wife number 1 or number 2?"

"Both of them."

"I believe so, I wouldn't be so wrecked during the process if I didn't love them."

"Are you happy?" He paused, "Loving them."

Minho turned to Taemin and swam in his eyes, trying to understand where this conversation might lead to, however the curtain was too thick, he couldn't break through; not when Taemin didn't want him to peek into his mind.

"At that exact moment, yes," he replied.
He watched the younger nodded hearing his answer.

"Probably," added Minho.

They stared at nothing again, knowing that talking was a bit uncomfortable right now.

After some times of silence, and Minho finally got a grab of his sanity, he leaned closer to Taemin and kissed his cheek, "Sorry about earlier. I mean in your office. I didn't mean to make a scene."

Taemin chuckled, "You really pissed me off."

"I can see that. Sorry."

"Don't ever do that again."

"I don't know, it was my unconscious self that took me there."

The younger stared at Minho, watching how dark and sad his eyes turned out to be. Minho was not okay, he was going through a rough time. This new side of Minho scared him. Yes, he just met him almost one year ago and got all comfortable telling him his private story and listening Minho's messy marriage, but he didn't know for sure if he wanted to see him like this. It made him swear that he didn't want to know what love is. He afraid it would only hurt him, like it broke his mother, like it broke Minho.

"Make me forget my pain today."

"Are you asking me to have with you?" Taemin raised his eyebrows.

"Well," Minho trailed off.

Their lips met hesitantly in the middle, molding slowly with chastity. There was this vulnerability displayed from the way Minho kissed him back. Also, the way he held Taemin like he was a thin glass made the younger's heart churned.

"If that could make you feel better," he whispered into Minho's lips, deepening it just to let Minho know that he would help him in any possible way. They moaned lowly as their body embraced each other.

"I don't need anything else. Just having you here make me feel better."

For a mere second, the smaller guy's heart throbbed.

He didn't mean to lead him into his side of the world, he didn't want to make Minho stop believing in love, because it kind of scared him if he had to see Minho walking aimlessly and having platonic life like him. Although, there was this idea that he could protect the elder from another traumatic love life if he dragged him along.

But what if Minho became some cold man like him? Would he be okay with that?

What if by that, Minho would change into somebody else? Would he enjoy his company?

Would he still feeling this warmth coming from him?

Minho slowly drifted away, liking the way Taemin's plump lips trailing on his face, down to his neck while his hands busy stripping him out of his clothes. His head lulled to the back rest as Taemin started to rub his manhood over the thin fabric of his boxers. For so many reason, liking the way that not so innocent eyes staring at his face.

Yes, he needed this, to forget his wrecked life. He did try to hook up with some stranger in the club, but that stranger was not as good as of a distraction as Taemin.

"Taemin?" He opened his eyes when the younger stopped .

He felt a sudden change of mood. Did he say something wrong? He watched the raven hair sat next to him, body gesture totally awkward and eyes not looking at him directly. He his cheek, silently coaxing an explanation from the later. He cupped his cheek, wanting to see those brown eyes. All he could see was an absence, the expressionless Taemin. He felt something big was being hidden by the younger, yet he had no right to dig in.

"Why?"

"Minho, what you said earlier-"

"Hmm?"

"No," he bit his inner lips, pupils shaking in doubt. Minho tried to reach out, but seeing how startled Taemin was when he interlaced his hand made Minho cowered back.

"You're not in the mood?"

"No," he replied quietly.

"Do I bore you already?" The taller's voice broken.

"No, Minho- No!" He searched for the sad eyes in panic.

"No, I totally understand, Tae."

Minho paused for a while before standing up and gathered his clothes, buckling up his pants as he went. He failed to see the stress Taemin put on his face. He was about to leave when Taemin held his wrist. They stared into each other's eyes and there were too much words to be shared but none of them opening up. Taemin couldn't say what he wanted, and so did Minho.

"I'm just a burden to you," he started, "...emotionally. And I know you don't like it."

"No-"

"We shared too much privacy. Probably I am now walking on the borderline, almost crossing the line we made. I know I should go elsewhere, to my friends or relatives, not you, but I don't know," Minho sighed, his voice shaking, "Maybe nobody could understand me better than you. Nobody wants me."

He chuckled, however it didn't touch his heart, "Nobody. How sad."

"Minho," Taemin closed their space and wiped his upcoming tears.

"I swear I never want to have someone beside me anymore, I will never trust someone as easy as I used to be, I don't want to know about love anymore, I don't- I don't want to be me. I want to be alone, maybe live in seclusion."

"Minho..."

"It's okay, Tae. It's- it's fine," he tidied the mess that was his clothes, his belonging and small things he recognised was his in Taemin's house. Since when did he leave so many things in that house? He didn't even remember. Thus he decided to just leave it there. Looking how emotional he was right now, Minho laughed, how childish he was for a man in his thirties.

"Sorry that you have to hear me ranting. I'm just so disappointed at myself, at my life. I feel less emotions than before. It's like I'm becoming numb. However, you- leaving you-"

He stopped, mouth gaping as if there were more to tell, but he couldn't deliver how he felt right then. With Taemin refusing him, he felt more and more useless and unwanted. "I will- thank you, Taemin. For everything."

"What do you mean, Minho?" he held the turning face, "Look at me!"

"I wish you happiness."

"No- don't go! You cannot do that," Taemin hugged him but Minho backed away soon after. He tried to reach out for his face with both of his hands, for a kiss, because he knew Minho would never refuse his, however this time he was wrong. The taller pushed him away.

"I really think that you're worth to be loved, so I hope you find love. A beautiful one, unlike mine," he smiled bitterly, kissing the small hands on his cheeks respectively.

Taemin watched the elder walked out of his apartment with a sad face. The urge to stop him and catch up to him was big, but his body didn't move. That night, Minho drawn into the darkness, agreeing the thought in his head that he was unworthy.

 

***

 

It was months later, that Minho had his door knocked. His life was colourless since then and he locked himself away from society; he went to the office, to the club to kill his pain away, and ended up in his house sleeping to ignore the emptiness. He never accepted guests, except his brother and that knock was definitely not him, for he was on the other half of the earth doing his things. He didn't consume his daily dose of alcohol because he started to build a resistance against it, so he just gave in to the unexplainable pain.

With a throbbing head, he opened the door. Obviously, he didn't prepare his heart to see a Lee Taemin with his now purple hair standing awkwardly in front of his door. His eyes raked from his new hair down to his toes, admiring the look the younger pulled; a sophisticated office worker with a hidden charm of elegant beauty. Oh, he missed him. There was a slight tug in his chest when the younger smiled at him.

"You look stunning," he said.

"You look awful."

He nodded, agreeing him before he asked, "What are you doing here?"

"I had some business around here, and," he scratched his neck, "just checking if you're okay."
It couldn't be helped, Minho's smile bloomed when he saw Taemin after some times, he had missed the younger so badly. It had been a while since he felt his muscles relaxing, and seeing Taemin did untangle all the knots in his body. He always had that effect on him.

"I missed you," he said just above the whisper.

"Yeah, me too," Taemin chuckled with a faint blush on his cheeks.

"God, I'm so stupid," Minho rounded his eyes when he realised how long they had been staring at each other there without moving an inch. "Do you want to come inside?"

Taemin laughed and the bells in Minho's heart rang. His headache disappeared in a moment as they stepped inside and Taemin found the couch to sit like he still remembered the layout of his house as if it was only yesterday.

"Have you had your dinner?" Minho asked.

"No, I was thinking if we could catch up over the dinner, actually."

Minho let out a sigh, the big lump on his chest and throat, the invisible clog that was suffocating him slowly dissolving into air. He nodded, hand soon found his phone, "Chicken and beer?"

"Half half, like usual," Taemin smiled back at him.

Even though it was a short catch up, since they both had to go to work, it was an enjoyable time of the day. No , just a comfortable company, and Minho felt so much better already. He did wonder why his best friends couldn't give him this solace, and why only Taemin that could give him so much when he didn't even do anything other than talk with him.

One thing that was for sure, having Taemin beside him was a gift.

 

***


Days turned into weeks, into months, and before he knew it, it was more than a year since Minho's second divorcement. He had forgotten the pain, even though the process was a bit slow. Taemin's second visit was half a year ago, so did his third and fourth visit. It had been two months since he saw the younger whom he met accidentally at the coffee shop, they just sat quietly at the corner, enjoying the silent company.

It was nearly fall, everything had turned red and brown, and quite cold. As he was about to lock his house, he felt a familiar presence behind him. With a cautious turn, he met eyes with those brown orbs of Taemin.

"Oh wow, your eyebrow," he automatically commented on the slitted eyebrow.

"Am I too old to do this?"

He chuckled, "We're not young, so..."

"Are you going somewhere?"

"Going to get some brunch. You coming?"

"I've come all the way to see you, so of course."

They walked side by side, talking about the weather and all the simplest things, voices calm and collected. Once they arrived at the said sandwich house, they settled in the warmest area of the restaurant. Minho was forty two, he was a bit more sensitive to the cold weather. Taemin was thirty eight, looking like twenty five the most to Minho, and still so bubbly.

"How's life?"

"Well, nothing much," Taemin munched on his tuna sandwich heartily. "And I know what you mean by that, so I'll settle it again, I will not find someone to spend the rest of my life with."

The corner of the elder twitched into a well known smirk, and Taemin scoffed at that. "And you?"

"Recently I found myself feeling a bit old. Not much of people are into old geezer like me in the club."

"They just don't know what you're capable of," he snickered, eyes crinkled while he teased Minho.

"Probably I'm not that of a bull anymore."

"It's all about the technique, Minho. Stamina doesn't really matter. Bet you still get all the techniques."

He frowned, "Why are we talking about this?"

"You started it."

"Oh, pardon me, then."

The talk was comfortable and all. Didn't they mind ordering their second plates for lunch, allowing the time passed by with just two of them. The elder found Taemin smiling fondly at him, eyes all soft and full of something he couldn't describe; something that warmed his cold heart, something that filled his cheeks with healthy blush, and something that made his life a bit meaningful. With Taemin he felt a lot better. His once -buddy was now became his great friend, although he still unable to deny the weird spark they had at some moments.

It was a point of no return. All they had to do was speak their mind and everything would blow up, to the better or the worst possible things that could happen between them.

 

 

Unfortunately, life was not as smooth as what you expected it to turn out to be.

When he thought he had almost everything he wanted in life, job, house, firends and best friends, he lost all contact with Taemin. All too suddenly. The younger didn't tell him anything, he was close to nonexistent. Like he was swallowed by the earth without nobody knowing. Minho became dull all over again.

One rainy summer night, Taemin had invited himself in casually, ranting interesting and complicated stories of his life, opening up to Minho with a hint of sadness and uncertainty in his eyes, which eventually leading to the younger in tears. He didn't expect that night when Taemin appeared on his doorstep would be the last time he saw him.
That was the first time Minho saw him cry, it was like seeing a baby, so fragile and naive, very broken in the inside too; he was like a broken glass doll. He looked so heartbreakingly beautiful. He didn't say anything to the younger at that time, he only held him close, so close that they ended up curling into each other's embrace like they used to in the past, spooning till they fell asleep. Hard not to admit that the domestic feeling from hugging Taemin was like oasis in his deserted life.

It should have been the younger that was feeling relieved, safe, protected, not him, however after hundreds of nights in the lost, he found his ambiance again. Minho kissed Taemin's lips at night, when he was asleep in his arms, and it was probably the best mixed feeling he ever had. But when he met eyes with a pair of large, surprised eyes, he knew he screwed up. It scared him terribly, knowing what kind of feeling he probably had towards the younger. Taemin was smart, he definitely had noticed it. And Minho was a coward. He might or might not ignored the call from Taemin the next day. He didn't have the courage to explain. And now that Taemin was missing, unknown, he started to get worried and unsettled.

It would be a big, fat lie if he didn't think of Taemin. He found himself thinking about the younger more often than before in the fourth month of his disappearance, he started to actually look up for him, to the places he might visit. He went to his old address, only to find the fact that he had moved out half years ago. He went to his office, only to find that he had stopped working there four months ago. And he soon met with a dead end to his search.

Was he afraid that Taemin would never return? No doubt about it. He counted the days the younger had been missing.

The new distance was a new experience. He came to realise how a simple missed call from the younger was quite enough news to know that he was still there by his side. He often stared at the chat room he had with Taemin, only to find that the other party was typing, but the text never came through it. Taemin was a coward, just like him. If he looked back at it, he knew that there was something more in their relationship. They were more than a buddy, more than a friend, yet less than a lovers.

It just hit him right in the gut thinking how big the part Taemin had taken in his life. Meeting him was a present, having him by his side was happiness and a breath of fresh air. It was hard to admit that his ideal life that consist of a pretty wife, kids and nice house were a mere stigma people had planted in his head; that he should be happy with that because that was what a normal life would be.

And having no news from him was a torture to himself, even more painful than walking out of marriage twice. It's like, he was losing his ability to stand, was losing a friend, a best friend, and slipping out of life.

Oh, how irony to say that in these four months made him realised just how stupid he was for not holding on to Taemin. Taemin, in his remembrance, never lost a word to compliment him, never exhausted the things to say, he always found a way to support him. He never felt this valued before, never knew he was worth fighting for, and that all his ex-wifes were stupid because they left a great man like Minho.

Taemin was like a dream, understanding, emotional, albeit reckless and childish at times. However he was always mature and rational when he needed to be. He was striking, all the perfect balance Minho needed in his life. Taemin was just as complicated, intriguing, broken human that would completely understand him in many way.

He needed to be with Taemin, not because he discovered how perfect he was, not because of how handsome he was or his recently found feeling, no. He wanted Taemin because he was an imperfect being, like himself, who had fears and ideas, unsure and clueless about the future. The happiness he always pursuit was a bit ambiguous now. Taemin's presence made him feel good, comfortable and that was enough. Knowing that Taemin needed him, and that their feelings might as well mutual made him feel so... happy. Yeah, this was his a new definition of happiness, not some perfect looking family with a laughing wife, screaming child, tons of money and big backyard to run around. His happiness lied in Taemin himself, what he gave him, what he said to him, what kind of fear and trauma they shared with each other.

"Come on, pick up, Lee Taemin," he stared at his phone even though it was late at night. Not even a day he missed on trying to reach the younger. He was persistent, indeed. Might also stupidly missing Taemin.

His eyes closed after a few tries. Dreaming of a day he would get something from Taemin. He slept with his regrets.

 

***

 

Another sleepless night after another meaningless day. It was the weekend, he had all the time in the world but he chose to drown himself with work, a barely distraction to his lonesome self. He was just about to sunk in his empty dream when his phone rang his sleep away. He peeked with one eye the morning ray that was blinding him, he forgot to close the curtain again. Soon his hand found the vibrating device and he picked up.

"Minho," he greeted.

"Hey..."

One word and he jumped on alert.

"Taemin!"

"Yeah, it's me."

His breath was clogged up, tears welling up almost immediately. Oh, he couldn't say a word to this phone call, he stared at the screen and it really was Taemin. Could he hide the shaky breathing? No, definitely not. And one thing you should take note, was that as you grow older, you become sensitive to emotions, you tend to get emotional more compared to when you're younger. That was why Minho found himself almost crying, voice just as vulnerable as the man on his phone.

"Minho-" called he, choked up.

"I miss you," he confessed. "So badly."

He heard a chuckled, probably a nod too, "Me too."

"And I'm sorry..."

Then they went all silent hearing nothing but the ragged breathing of each other.

"Oh God, what the hell are you doing to me?" He groaned to the pillow next to him, tears escaping at the corner of his eyes, not crying although his voice softened with the itch telling that he was in the verge of crying. "How is it okay for you to not say a thing and disappear just like that. I'm so worried. I barely sleep because of you. I'm searching you all over the place."

He heard Taemin's shaky breath, "I'm- I don't know that you'll be looking for me."

"You know it yourself, it's impossible."

"I know. I'm sorry."

"Don't be."

"I just didn't think it through that night," he paused, gathering his courage at the end of the phone. "You've crossed the line, and me too..."
There was a long exhale, fear and insecurity visibly heard from Taemin. He sounded so scared but he continued anyway, "I am not supposed to feel this way towards you, I never want to feel like this, it is so scary, I am so... afraid. I freaked out that night, I called you because I was terrified, I needed some reassurance, but you didn't pick it up. So I thought that it was me overreacting and it'd be better if I didn't show up again, wishing to get rid of this thing I have for you and you the other way, but-"

Minho found himself sobbing silently.

"Minho? Are you crying?"

"No, you are the one who is sobbing."

"Oh, Minho..." he whispered.

Minho finally got himself a grip, "Where are you?"

"...can you pick me up at the airport? Honestly, I call you because I don't have a place to stay any longer, so do you mind if I crash in, uh, well-"

"Taemin-ah," he called the name with a broken voice. "Oh, gosh, Lee Taemin! Don't you dare move an inch! I swear if you get away again, I- I..."

"I'll be here. Minho, I'll be here, so come get me."

He skipped getting dressed up, his legs moved ever so quickly, running to his car, running towards Taemin. He was like a mad man on the drive. Why, for this was the last string, his last hope, if he were about to lose this one too, he wasn't sure if he could live. And he was more than ready, was willing to say the cliche thing. And he was sure that Taemin too, was going to say the word.

And Taemin, Taemin didn't love many things, he didn't do love, he didn't love anybody. He only loved his lonely live, his own adventures, and his dog; all the things that would keep him safe and grounded. However, Minho, having him by his side made him feel like he was walking on air, never judging and kept him comfortable. He was broken, so did Minho. The only thing they had was each other's company.

Minho was fourty two and Taemin was thirty eight. They were holding each other's last string, and it was never too late to go out riding the wave of their emotions that Taemin dared to put a name for the first time in his life, a feeling that he dared to call love.

 

 

 

 


Surprise, surprise! It's me aqcel, everybody~ nice to see you, yes, nice to be able to post again~ how are you guys? hope you're fine and are happy with however your life is. Mine is so so and things get a bit complicated in real life. I feel myself getting pulled out of kpop slowly but hopefully not entirely.

Just so you know, I'm writing and editing this from my phone, so forgive me if there's any mistakes that I make. Please pardon my annoying grammatical error since I'm not a native and I sady don't have a beta to proofread my story. And I don't know why I can come up with such a long story for that prompt lol do you enjoy reading this? I don't know if I should rated it or not. It's just a tiny bit of , so I hope I don't have to put the mark.

Talking about this SHINee comeback, honestly I have mixed feeling, I'm so happy to be able to see them on stage, on screen, variety show even, but sad at the same time because there's something big missing within the performance, I'm missing a voice that I used to hear, the songs sound a bit foreign somehow without Jonghyun's significant tone. I am so proud of them four though, to be able to stand and dedicate themselves for SHINee, something that's so important to our angel. It's probably hard, very hard for them, but they tried their best, I know they do this for themselves, and also for Jonghyun, for us also. I have given all my best by buying all the albums, streaming the MV and melon, and I have no regret staning a group that is SHINee. I will forever supporting our boys, and I hope you guys too.

All in all, thank you for reading my story, and have a blessful life!

love, hugs, kisses,

aqcelnicorus :D