Me Only (Jealousy)

Spring in August

Prompt by lovefromsoul:

Taemin is super jealous whenever Minho receive attention from somebody else. While Minho only have eyes for Taemin

 


 

 

"What is it again?"

"Nothing," Taemin folded his arm, mouth timidly mumbling incoherent words as they walked into the lift of their shared apartment.

"Tell me who is it that upsets you."

"You."

Minho tried to peek but Taemin looked away. "What did I do?"

"Don't know, don't talk to me."

"Taemin-ah..."

He felt a hand running through his hair and he had to hold himself not to purr at it because he supposed to ignore Minho. He supposed to be angry. Even if he knew that it wasn't Minho's fault, he couldn't dissipate the burning fire in his heart. He hated him for being so kind, no, he hated people who misunderstood his kindness as something else. He hated his boyfriend's innocence and he really, very, especially hated that Minho was oblivious towards people's interest in him.

With a pouted face, he unlocked their door and ran to their bedroom with a slam of the wooden door following right behind. Minho would sleep on the couch, he had shouted that as soon as he threw his shoes which Minho didn't mind putting it into the cardboard.

Minho only sighed and smiled sadly, trying to give his emotional Taeminnie his time.

Of course, Taemin would wake up in the middle of the night and settled in Minho's embrace after wailing about missing the warm hug. He kept whispering to Minho's chest about how he hated seeing an intern trying to hit on Minho earlier in the office. And then Minho would know that Taemin was jealous and afraid that he would sway.

"Stop worrying about that, you know I only love you," he repeated the reassuring words again to the fluffy hair.

 

 

 

It was near lunch time when Minho found a lunchbox on his desk. At first he thought that it was Taemin who secretly made it for him although he didn't recognise the handwriting, but even if it wasn't from Taemin, it would be such a shame not to eat the good looking food, so he took it with him as he approached Taemin's desk.

"Let's eat together," he smiled.

Taemin nodded and got excited, he was rambling a lot of things while Minho watched him with pure affections on his eyes. If they weren't in the office, he would kiss Taemin breathless or bite his cute cheek, but well, here they were, in the office where the rule 'no dating in the office' existed. He could wait patiently until the work hour ended and earn the lovely kiss later on. Yes, he could do that much.

"Hyung, wait a sec..."

Those brown eyes suddenly grew curious on the lunchbox in his grip. They squinted and narrowed on the sight of the pink plastic container, and if lasers could really come out of the eyes, it surely would. The younger one looked up to him with a hurt face.

"Where did you get that?"

"It's on my desk earlier."

"Who gave you that?" Asked Taemin through a gritted teeth.

"It's not you?"

Taemin frowned and huffed, even he rolled his eyes in disbelief. "We don't have pink lunchbox, you know that! And- and I... I can't cook!"

"I like it when you cook-"

"Tch, don't lie to me! We've been living together for two years and you know how badly my cooking is!"

Again, for the nth time since he knew Choi Minho, he had to witness this again. It scared him, for there was no doubt that Minho was famous, also he was handsome, smart, kind, excellent, reliable and doing perfectly in each of his desk job. And lately his worries been doubling because everyone seemed to notice him more than before. Also one more thing that was concerning from this perfect guy was his chastity in love life section.

"Why are you raising your voice?" He caressed Taemin's cheek and smiled sadly.

"Urgh, this is frustrating!" Taemin pivoted on his heels and almost left Minho if the taller didn't catch his hand on time.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going to eat lunch with Jongin!"

"No, you can't!" He held onto him tightly, "Not with Jongin..."

"Why? Why can't I? You can eat with your secret admirer and I will be eating with my friend, that's fair enough, right?"

"I won't eat this," he dropped the lunchbox to the floor and stared sincerely into Taemin's eyes, giving not a piece of his mind to the delicious meal that scattered on the floor.

"R-really? It smells good though..."

"Even if it looks good and is such a waste, I won't eat it if it only upsets you."

"Honestly it's not about the food- actually I- I just want you to refuse it kindly," he paused.

"I don't see anybody putting it there."

"I know, but next time- next time if you find another, if you take the lunchbox and enjoy it, won't it only creates misunderstanding to the sender? You'll-"

"Next time I won't take it."

Minho pulled them to the closest emergency exit stairs so he could hug Taemin tightly. He hated that they had to fight over trivial thing like this. "Don't be mad at me, hmm?"

"I'm not mad," Taemin replied, hands stayed still on his side. "It's- I'm just angry to myself."

"Why?" Minho tore off from the hug and stared at Taemin.

"I think I'm a bad boyfriend. I lack in everything. It scares me. I think you need someone better to be by your side. You-"

He didn't get to finish his sentence because Minho had silenced him with a kiss. His grip was tight and the shiver he got as he felt those lips brushing over him was too intense. He could feel how much Minho loved him and it only made him teared up. Maybe, he was being too insecure about this.

"You're everything that I ever ask for."

He knew he should trust Minho more, but he was afraid of losing Minho.

 

 

 

 

Taemin was at their company anniversary party where people dressed up in formal suit and shiny shoes. He was standing at the corner with some people in his department while his eyes busily wondering to find his boyfriend. They were kind of late earlier despite knowing that Minho was needed there by the higher ups. Because Minho was looking so fine in his suit that they ended up with a short make out session.

But Taemin almost choked on his beverage as he landed his eyes on his boyfriend, girls were all over him, they touched him with their flirty fingers and what was so funny about that they would giggle so happily? He frowned automatically at how persistent they were trying to get Minho's attention.

"He's mine though," he whispered, fingers gripping harder on his wine glass.

"Who?" Jongin joined him.

"Nobody."

He kept watching Minho who barely escaping the bunch of hyenas with a big smile. Why the hell he looked so happy with them? Minho should really stop his smiling-all-the-time habit, Taemin swore to himself. Yet he knew this would only the beginning of his torture because this was a party, and people would see how perfect Minho could be in his suit, and he probably was at fault too for styling his hair up that he looked extremely presentable not only for the higher up, but for everyone's eyes.

Lucky for him, their boss called Minho to his side and they were talking about something serious. Minho looked thrilled that his eyes sparked like stars in the dark sky. Then they were shaking hands with more people, more nicely dressed men and women introduced to him. However when he saw a young lady greeted him a bit too intimate, Taemin gasped. Did she really have to kiss Minho on his cheek?

"You okay?"

Oh, Jongin was still here with him.

"No."

"Why?"

"What's with that commotion?" He pointed the little crowd Minho was in.

"Do you know that tonight is a good timing for you to impress people? It's like a good opportunity to show your additional point to be promoted?"

"So, it's possible that Minho will-"

"He's too kind to people's , so I guess our boss trying to give a little push?"

After a few minutes into the serious conversation, the lady in tight black dress was pulling Minho with an excuse to their little crowd. Taemin could see how awkward Minho was, his jaws clenched and even if it didn't show, he knew he was a bit frustrated. Then he was led by that flirty lady to a secluded space to talk some more and Taemin was furious. He gulped down his wine until its last drop and took another serve of wine. He was care less about Jongin's presence beside him, for all he could see was Minho being seduced by that lady whose lips were obviously a victim of botox injections.

No, he couldn't watch this any longer. Minho looked uncomfortable and he definitely disliked the scene he was seeing. He, without pondering what he was about to do, walked up to where Minho was standing. Jongin following behind him like a duckling. Just when he was about to reach them, that lady daringly pushed herself all over Minho, stupid silicon brushing over Minho's arm.

"Oops, sorry," he didn't recognise how torn his voice was as he intentionally bumped into Minho, separating the two violently.

Their eyes met for a brief second and he hoped Minho could see how unhappy he was. The lady glared at him as if he was ruining her plan on getting Minho. Taemin knew though, that Minho wasn't the kind of guy who would understand his situation quickly. Minho was a little bit dumb whenever Taemin gave him signs, so he wasn't expecting much. Intervening their conversation for a while was quite enough.

"Come, Jongin," he grabbed Jongin by his arm, dragging him like a lost puppy.

However, he couldn't get too far from there, because he felt Minho's arm wrapped around his wrist. He glanced at Minho and knitted his eyebrows together in question.

"Where are you going?"

"Why do you care, Minho-ssi?"

Yes, this was still their work environment, so they had to keep their relationship a secret. He brushed his hand away and continued to walk out of the scene. Taemin didn't know how hurt his boyfriend was when he did that, because well, his jealousy was blinding him. He had enough of people wanting Minho almost all of the time. He was sick having to hide their relationship and unable to claim Minho as his in front of people. It tired him out. And tonight's event was not helping him at all.

Minho watched his retreating back, ignoring the daughter of the neighbouring company he had to entertain for his boss whom had given him a promotion to a better position in the office. Taemin was all that matter in his life and the younger was not happy as of lately, he noticed that. He wanted to go after him so badly but would it harm Taemin if he was being too obvious? Minho wasn't good in hiding his expressions when it came to Taemin. And he really disliked that Jongin guy. He was worried about them both. Jongin seemed to like Taemin and he didn't need to be so stupid to see that.

"You know that rude guy? You should not let him influence your good performance."

"I don't think you have the right to judge him, he's a good guy," he replied. "and he's the one I want to spend my life with."

He left as soon as he said that, running after Taemin who still struggling to get out of the room.

 

 

Taemin groaned when he escaped through the big door. He let release his grip on Jongin and muttered a half-hearted sorry. He wasn't himself tonight. The jealousy was eating him inside out. He kind of knew this possessive side of him, but only Minho who managed to make him furious over small smile to a stranger. Taemin never felt this intense feeling before. The new him when he was with Minho freaked him out. He loved Minho too much it that it drove him crazy.

"Taemin?"

He looked up to Jongin and the later looked so confused. Not as puzzled as Taemin when Jongin went closer to touch his face though. He could sense something wrong going to happen so he backed away as soon as possible. "What are you thinking you're doing?"

"I'm trying to calm you down," answered Jongin, flustered.

"Don't ever do that again."

"Why?"

"I'm- you just can't."

They stayed silent for quite some time before Jongin broke the eerie atmosphere with a question just above a whisper, "What happen inside? Is there any problem?"

"No, it's just, people keep touching what's mine and it's frustrating. And I burst out just like that, how embarrassing..."

"Huh?"

"But it's normal, isn't it? What will you do if people keep wanting what's yours? You'll be mad, right?"

"I don't understand what you're talking about. Who is touching what's yours?" He paused, "What is it that's yours?"

"Everyone.They've been trying to touch, to get the attention, they've been misunderstanding the smallest thing that was offered to them. I'm feeling insecure right now... I hate this feeling! What should I do? I'm a man, I'm not pretty, I am a loser, I've been only a burden to him and I literally have nothing to give. What if- what if-"

"Him? Who is this him?"

"I- I'm-"

"Lee Taemin," said a deeper voice behind him.

Taemin's ears perked up at the voice and he bit his lips out of nervousness. He stared at Minho who was standing in front of him, eyes getting teary when he saw his worried face.

"Choi Minho?" Jongin tilted his head.

"Can you leave us, Jongin-ssi?" Minho asked politely.

"No, I don't want to. Why do I have to?"

"Because I need to talk to my boyfriend right now."

"Boyfriend?" he trailed off while watching closely who was it he was staring so intensely. "Taemin is your boyfriend?" gasped Jongin into the silence.

"Can you please?"

Jongin blinked as if he was just seeing a ghost. Did he heard it right? Taemin and Minho was a couple? They were together? So it was not his imagination when Taemin stalked over Minho at the party the whole time? And Taemin was actually upset because of Minho? This was just unbelievable.

"I don't know if I have a say in this but I think you are the one who should leave," Jongin replied curtly. "Taemin wants to be alone since you upset him."

"I didn't-" Taemin cut him off but Jongin was already in front of him, defending him? He was confused of this scene.

"Taemin-ah, let's go home, hmm?" Minho tried to speak him up.

He peeked through Jongin and blinked. It wasn't Minho's fault at all, and he didn't have to look so sad like that since he didn't do anything wrong, he saw him feeling uncomfortable earlier but the restless heart still aching.

"What about- Jongin said you might get a promotion, if you go home-"

"Is my promotion more important in this situation?"

"You look happy and you-"

"I, honestly, I don't care too much about it. It's not my priority, you are," he sighed, "let's talk at home, yes?"

Minho reached his hand out in the air, waiting for Taemin to grab it so they could leave this place sooner. Taemin had been watching him, he noticed that, and it made him happy. However, as the night got darker, his face turned darker too and it worried Minho. His boyfriend was someone who was overly protective, his ugly past about relationship always made him worry. Something definitely going wrong when he saw Taemin pout. He did something again, he hurt Taemin again, and that was for sure. He was such a bad boyfriend for Taemin.

"Tae?" he begged.

He saw Taemin slowly walked up to him and held his hand. There was a great relief when Taemin slipped his hand around his. As they headed to their home, Minho didn't forget to give a warning sign to Jongin to never, never ever came close to Taemin again. He would not stay still if he kept insisting on Taemin. Because Taemin was his boyfriend.

 

 

 


Taemin and Minho had changed into comfortable sleeping attire after having a short shower. Now they were laying on the bed with Taemin leisurely rested his head on Minho's arm. Minho held him tight, his other hand running through the fluffy hair. The suffocating feeling Taemin felt gradually melted down with every touch Minho landed on him.

"Mind to share your thoughts?"

The brown eyes stared into space with no answer. Taemin was obviously upset about something. With a lot of hesitation he kissed the corner of Taemin's lips. When he didn't budge a tiny bit, Minho sighed. "Is it my fault?"

After another pregnant silence Taemin snuggled up to Minho, hugging him back just as tightly, "No, it's my fault."

"How could it be your fault when you seem utterly angry with me?"

"It is me. You're not doing anything wrong," Taemin looked up for a brief second. "I am so immature, that's it."

His eyes flattering close as Minho ran a thumb over his cheek. Minho was everything he had, his world, his life. And he knew he was Minho's world too. After spending years with Minho, he somewhat noticed how green and beautiful Minho's world was, unlike him who was dull and was a mess. He did wonder why Minho would accept his confession, also he wondered why Minho hadn't gotten sick of him. Variety of people had come and gone pass by Minho, beautiful personalities trying to fit into his already pretty world and it made him feel like

"...an annoyingly stupid, full of jealousy boyfriend who ruins everything."

Minho stared at him with worry. "Why would you say that?"

"Am I pretty like those girls in the party? No. Nor am I filthy rich. I can't even recommend you to those higher up. I feel like I don't belong here with you, that I am only an additional burden you have to bear with. I'm jealous when you're talking with people with a huge smile, of all your kindness towards them. I feel like keeping you only in my arms, lock you even. But I know it would be very wrong of me because I couldn't give you anything. I don't have right to keep you down when you supposed to fly high. It's frustrating me. And the worst thing was that I'm jealous of what people could give to you. I'm afraid you'll get easily wavered with what they have for you, meanwhile I-"

"We've discussed about this before, Tae," he kissed his forehead and pulled him in a warm hug, "and I've told you many many times, that you are the only one I see in my life. No one to compare."

"What if, Minho, what if-"

"Hey, listen, I know you're fed up with this statement I'm going to make but I will keep repeating that for you so you will always remember. My happiness is you. You're the only one that made me think: , I want to spend my entire life with him. And as cheesy as I could be right now, I can't help but say that I love you so badly."

Minho cupped his face with both of his hand. "I am not perfect, so do you. People have flaws and we do too. Even then, I still love how perfectly compatible we are when we're together."

Taemin bit his quivering lips, his heart trembled because Minho was too good with his words. He was perfect despite him saying that he was imperfect.

"Everyone wants to get your attention, they want to touch you, want your love too, they want every little piece of you and I'm not okay. You're mine yet they want to take a bite of my pie. I'm bloody angry and jealous."

"I'm a pie?" He chuckled.

"It's just a metaphor and don't make me laugh, I'm still feeling awful."

"Jealousy is healthy in any relationship, Taemin. That only means you still love me."

"I'm possessive, a freak, and get jittery over everything. It's just about time when you find it either disgusting or annoying, and you'll leave me for that."

"Nonsense," he kissed the plump lips gently, "I can relate since I'm possessive too. I tend to get jealous if it's about you."

"But you're holding in okay."

"Who says?" He frowned. "Do I look okay when I find you walking home with other than me or when you eat lunch with Jongin? No, right?"

"I hate it when women get close to you, they like to touch your muscly arms, they try to feel you up. And to me, you seem to like it. You even have a big smile on your face."

"I don't know that it happens."

"See? that's what I hate he most. You don't get the signs they show. They all misunderstood your smile as a green light- well, mostly."

"I will try not to be friendly. I will not talk to anybody if you want to."

"No, that's unnecessary."

"Then what should I do? I don't like it when you're upset with me. It's like everything is slowly crumbling. It pains me."

"Love me only."

"I am doing it. I only want you."

"I'm the only one who can touch you. Don't let them feel you up," Taemin put his palm on the curved arm, "this is mine and... well, basically, you're mine, so only me who get to touch you. I don't like sharing."

Minho smiled, "I'm the pie you never want to share."

He rolled his eyes upon the teasing.

"No sharing! Even the littlest crumbs."

"Stop it! You're mocking me," whined Taemin who was trying so hard not to let a smile slipped off of his lips.

"If it will make you smile, I will," he pulled Taemin into a searing kiss and whispered an embarrassing I love you into his boyfriend's mouth.

 

 

 


I don't know there will be a lot of prompts given by all of you! I'm so grateful!! Thank you so so so much! AM SO PUMPED UP UYEAAAAAHHH! I will try my best to write one by one. Request will be closed at August 31st 23:59~ I wish to finish them all by the end of September so please be ready for continuous update from me!♡

And!

Look who's trying so hard to write fluff but resulting to none? Me! This is very weird, not fluffy, not angsty, just plain and oh well, I'm doomed lol.

Please don't hate me, lovefromseoul;;

I write this from my phone so I hope you're being understanding about the mistakes I made. If anyone wants to be my beta, I'd be really happy^^

Enjoy your day!

 

 

Love,

aqcelnicorus :D