Too much for a weak hearted father

Spring in August

Since many of you asking about kid!2min, I make one to please your craving hearts for those bundles of happiness. This is for LadyRainz614 whose prompt is Banana Milk and Toy, also for onkikey, Snekos15, Leah0410 who requested a kid!2min. Enjoy the little happiness^^


 


"Morning, sunshine," a deep voice broke the silence of the morning.

"Good morning," replied the soft voice, giggles erupted in its wake.

"Should we get ready for school?" asked another voice which was a bit groggy and animated.

The soft locks bobbed up and down enthusiastically, agreeing another bright start of the day by hugging the green stuffed up frog in his little arms.

"You smell like bacon, Mr. Frog," he muttered.

"That's our breakfast today, Taeminnie."

"I love bacon," chirped the seven years old boy who was still in the elementary school. His eyes were sparkly, pink lips full and cheeks chubby; it was hard not to love him. He watched the bundle of cuteness staggered towards the bathroom, small clothes scattered on the floor, creating a messy path as he undressed himself.

"Daddy?" He peeked from inside.

"Yes, Tae?"

"Can Mr. Frog join me to bath?"

Taemin's father could only laugh and handed him the plush toy, and soon he heard his boy talking animatedly with his beloved doll oh so happily. Well, Taemin loved his Mr. Frog very much. Despite the fading green body, despite its cotton stuffing had lessened in fluffiness. It was funny witnessing his boy having conversation with the big eyed animal. Another good start in the morning.

 

 


He dropped the little boy by the front gate, giving a brief tight hug which Taemin loathed the most because, "Daddy, I'm already a big boy! I am almost eight years old!"

Indeed, he was the cutest.

With a bright smile, his father released his son and watched him ran inside the gate, catching up with some friends as they gathered in the school yard. The boy turned back to see him, eyes glinted with joy as he waved him goodbye, watching the black car went further away from the dropping bay.

Taemin was poked on his cheek with a straw, distracting him from bidding goodbye. He beamed towards the person who did it, only to see a delicious sight of banana milk. Didn't he need to question who was it, he knew it by heart that it was Minho, his favourite hyung. Today was Monday, Minho supposed to give him his all time favourite milk. And that was what the elder boy did, giving him his.

"Banana milk~" He sang while staring at the pale yellow milk with green aluminium lid on his hand, carefully holding it with both hands, as if it was the most precious thing he ever held.

"You like it that much?"

"The most."

"I'll see you later, baby Taem."

"I'm not a baby," he pouted.

"But you like milk," Minho stated, "like a baby."

Dusty pink soon emanating from beneath the skin on his chubby cheeks. Only because Minho was so kind that Taemin didn't say anything more. And it felt good being called like that, he liked being spoiled, to be honest.

 

 


"Taemin has a boyfriend."

"What?!"

"No!" Taemin rounded his eyes when Lee Jinki, his older cousin, told his father something he didn't even know. Did he have a boyfriend? Boy, he was confused as well.

"Who is it, and why do you say so, Jinki?"

"He is my classmate."

"Who?" The boy and his father simultaneously questioned his hyung.

"Choi Minho," Jinki answered nonchalantly.

"Minho hyung?"

"Lee Taemin, you're turning eight today and you already has a boyfriend?"

"Daddy!" He groaned, "He is not my boyfriend. I don't have a boyfriend."

"Then why did Jinki-"

Both father and son turned to the culprit who started this topic. He smiled so brightly when he said, "He gives Taemin's favourite milk almost all the time."

"He's not. Only on Monday," Taemin snorted.

"Huh?" His father raised his eyebrow.

"He has piano lesson before lunch and his teacher hates banana."

"Oh?"

"He said she would scold Minho hyung if she smells banana on him."

The oldest man of them all frowned. That was such an awful reason and nobody would believe it just like that, but again, this was Taemin- who was far too innocent to question ambiguous things like that.

"So for how long he's been giving you the banana milk?"

"I think the first time is when Taemin fell from the slide, and cried like he was about to die, and nobody could stop him from crying. Just then we passed by. Taemin stopped when he saw the banana milk Minho was holding," Onew explained animatedly.

"Is this Minho coming to the party?" asked the father.

Taemin nodded happily.

"Are you happy that he's coming?"

The boy giggled, "He will bring me a present."

His father frowned yet again, there was an amused spark when he saw the boy hummed as they continued placing the cookies and other finger foods on the platters.

 

 

 


The birthday party was not that extravagant, Taemin's father was a single parent since his mom died when he delivered Taemin and he wasn't a good party planner. Well, he was quite bad at that. Junk food and cola, completed by a cake with too much food colouring in its cake and the icing. The kids were happy, but not the parents (if they only knew what he fed their kids).

Taemin was wearing a nice sky blue shirt with white jeans, a party hat on top of his fluffy hair. His mouth busy chewing his cake, frosting messed up on his lips and his white jeans. Mr. Lee thought to himself that wearing a white jeans was on the DON'T list on a children's party. They messed things a lot. Cleaning would be very tiring after this.

He roamed around, making sure the children playing safely, he luckily had no precious vases since Taemin had broken them all when he started walking. The house was loud from chatters to screams and laughters, kids could play well between themselves. Only sometimes they would fight and cry, and that was the time he had to step in.

However, he couldn't find Taemin.

"Jinki, where is Taemin?"

"With Minho," Jinki kept eating his fried chicken, "told you, he has a boyfriend."

"Do you see where they are heading to?"

"His room."

"Oh," he replied, a bit flustered. Did he just let his little boy having a private time with someone other than him? He was mad jealous right now. "Stop eating the chicken, you almost eat the whole bucket. I'm telling your dad."

"No!" He defended his precious chicken in his arms.

Mr. Lee wanted to laugh but stopped himself. There was Taemin and his boyfriend thing that he had to worry about, so he left the boy on the kitchen island alone to find his son.

He walked towards the room at the end of the hallway, the door was slight open and he could hear soft giggles from the inside. There were two little voices talking to each other just above the whisper, one he recognised was his boy, the other one was a bit too deep for a ten years old (if he was in the same class as Jinki, then he must be ten, he assumed).

"...me, hyung?" He eavesdropped the conversation.

What was the question? He did miss one beat to it.

"Yes," the other replied calmly.

"Really?" Taemin sounded excited.

"Promise me something."

"What is?"

He couldn't hear anything but deep whisper, and peeking through the gap, he saw the two boys were sitting on the bed with few toys in between them, with the taller boy leaning to Taemin's ear in the midst of whispering something he couldn't hear.

Taemin gasped in surprise, "When we're older?"

The boy, now that he could see his face clearly, looked like he was going to grow into one handsome man. He had more define features if compared to Taemin, manlier perhaps? The two was quite different but not that bad if we were looking at the whole picture.

And wait, when they were older? What was with that?

The way his son beamed towards the other was a bit uncomfortable to him, because he had never seen that kind of smile before. Somehow it made him remember those time when he kid around the boy and asked him if would he live with him forever and he said no immediately because he wanted to marry someone else. He hated the thought of that. He only had Taemin and this scene in front of his eyes was a bit worrying. No, it scared him a lot.

He watched Taemin grinned at the elder one and he honestly didn't see it coming, his son kissed the big eyed boy on his cheek. The giggles riled him up, with jealousy of course. And if this was exactly what Jinki told him. His son did have a boyfriend although he kind of clueless.

"Taemin-ah?" He knocked the door and soon opened the door without further warning.

Taemin was holding Minho's hand when he barged in.

"What's wrong, dad?"

"Why are you here when your friends are outside?"

"I want Minho hyung to meet my beloved Mr. Frog," he smiled.

His eyes went to the green plush on Minho's arm. The boy, when looked up close, resembled the frog plush a lot; big eyes and all that.

"Twins!" Taemin laughed.

"Not!" Minho glared at Taemin, hand pulling out of the grip as if threatening the younger. Taemin whined and pouted when he did that. He wasn't stupid to tell how his boy liked Minho a bit too much.

"I heard you two talking," he pushed further, he needed to know. "What is it about?"

Taemin blushed and his heart shook seeing that. The pupils of Minho's eyes flickered, avoiding his eyes and then continued staring at Taemin. The silence was broken by a shy giggle of his boy.

"I made a promise with Minho hyung."

"And what is that?"

"Don't say it," Minho whispered to Taemin. "It's our secret."

"But I share my secret with my father," he whispered back, not knowing that their whispers were heard clearly.

"It's embarrassing."

"It is not," Taemin assured him.

Mr. Lee waited for them to finished their lovey dovey whispers, arguing whether to tell or not to tell. In the end, he witnessed a gentle smile coming out of that stoic face of Minho and Taemin grinned his megawatt smile as if in victory. Honestly, the way Minho smiled at his son made him feel extremely awkward. It was like two young adult in love. Oh, surely, he wasn't ready for this.

"Dad, it's a secret, okay?" Taemin started.

"Okay," he trailed off.

"I promised Minho hyung to live together when we're older," he said slowly and quietly.

His mouth fell at the revelation. "Live together?"

Taemin nodded enthusiastically, "Daddy, Mr. Frog, Minho hyung, and I, together."

It couldn't be helped, he just had to stare down the older boy. How dare the ten years old boy proposed his son without his concern? No- how dare he took his son's attention in the first place? Even if it was cute seeing them having stars in their eyes when they talked, he still couldn't believe how a ten years old would make his son promise something as big as living together.

"And you accept it?"

"Yes, it makes me happy!"

"Lee Taemin," he gasped in disbelief, "you like it that much?"

The boy was confused when he saw his father's reaction, yet still nodded.

"I like Minho hyung."

"You like him?"

"Yeah," he grinned at Minho and sang, "a lot~"

Mr. Lee's head spinning and he could say nothing. He was dumbfounded by this situation. This couldn't be so serious since they were just so small, right? However there was something unsettling whenever he saw Minho. It was like his brain kept telling him that the boy would eventually take Taemin away from him. His eyes were telling no joke. The boy was damn serious.

"I will marry Minho hyung."

"Oh my goodness," he couldn't take it anymore, his head throbbing really hard and he started to massage his temple, "We- we'll talk about this later, Lee Taemin. For now, daddy needs to get some air."

"Daddy is sick?" asked the boy wih concern.

"No, it's just- don't do anything weird!"

"Weird?" Taemin tilted his head.

"Don't kiss him!" He sternly warned.

"Why not?" This time Minho asked.

"Because you're still so young!" His father was helpless, the question somewhat made him realised that the two boys had been doing this quote often- affectionate and yeah, kissing. Taemin was pouting and it was another nightmare. Taemin was unhappy.

"Just- I need to go out."

The elder went out quickly, unable to do anything else and purely shook at this new phase. This should happen far years ahead, not now. His heart wasn't ready. He sat down on the kithen atool next to Jinki, face paled and head dizzy. The kids still running around his house and the mess only worsen his headache.

"Told you, uncle," Jinki bit his drumstick, "Taemin has a boyfriend."

"Don't-" he cut the boy off.

"Minho has been saving his money to buy Taemin a gift," he said nonchalantly, spilling a fact he knew, "don't you want to know what he bought?"

This peaked his interest, "What?"

"A wedding ring..."

"Keep eating," he stuffed another piece of chicken into his nephew's mouth, he needed no more information.

"...on top of a banana milk so that Taemin can't resist."

"Just keep quiet and eat."

 

 

 


Hi, everyone? Are you feeling better by now? It's been a very hard time for me, his leave. My heart shattered into pieces and did I cry the whole week, even now I'm still tearing up whenever I hear his voice. But, I'm getting better. My real life continues just like that, the pain hasn't washed away, still there and still fresh. I don't want to believe too, sometimes. And the dome is nearing, I don't know if I'm ready. Even though I can't go, I didn't win the lottery and get the GP, I will support them four with all of my heart. And honestly, I'm kind of glad I didn't get the ticket, I'm not ready at all.

Anyway, I have to tell you that I've been working on a depression theme story bcs of that shocking news. And I don't think I can finish it. I know a patient that is so kind to share some thoughts about what kind of feeling people with depression is thinking. I just- it's impossible for us, the healthy minded, to relate. It's hard to explain and to rewrite. And I don't know if I can publish it.

So, I hope this story will set a temporary smile on your face. We will be stronger, we will forget the pain we're feeling right now, but we won't forget Jonghyun and his magnificent works. Let's be strong^^

Love,

aqcelnicorus :D