Moonlight

Spring in August

Prompt by vittwomincentris:

Moonlight

 

I don't know what his is but enjoy! It's quite long, don't get too sleepy while reading it^^;;


 

 

The window glass was tad cold on his cheek, the view he was staring was all yellowish, reddish, brownish, all the common colour you would find in a boring fall. He watched them passed quickly, just a flash by as the train accelerated on the rail. His book was closed, he had slept, now his eyes wide opened with a hint of sleepiness, his headphone was on the abandoned seat, while he kept fidgeting with the hem of his layered coat because for some reason, he was still not where he wanted to be. Time being a slow snail, he snorted.

He packed his things up in advance, he put the book that he had finished reading in his 8 hours train into his bag, tidying the mess out of his headphone, and tucking everything he had into his well prepared bag for a stay over. Eyes scanning all over the place to check if he had left something behind. The sky had turned into orange, a tinge of darkness started to creep in between the clouds over the horizon. He had to wait a little bit more.

The screeching sound of the metal soon filled throughout the passenger's car, the train station came into view while his body thrown back a bit as the brake was pulled to a stop with a loud hiss, an effort to make the steel carriage still completely. The door opened promptly, and he could smell another different air, a mixed of fall and winter and the sea.

He fished out his phone just to make sure, and he saw two notification which he missed knowing.

From: Taeminnie
I'm stuck. Maybe a little late?

He was about to land himself in a coffee shop when he felt a buzz. Oh, did he put his phone on vibration mode? His bad then if he didn't hear the message Taemin sent. Just when he was about to reply and let Taemin took his time, he saw his name popped on the new notification; he swore he didn't want to rush the boy because he once came to him with a bruised knees.

From: Taeminnie
Where are you? I'm already outside.

To: Taeminnie
See you at the entrance?

From: Taeminnie
Okie dokie :)

 

He gripped the straps of his bag tightly as he took strides to the elevator, big and fast ones. After making sure he looked presentable and drool-free, he looked around, neck stretching to spot his friend.

In all honesty, he had planned to take one long nap, forgetting dinner, maybe and relieved the tiredness of sitting in an uncomfortable stiffness after the 8 hours train. However, as soon as he saw Taemin, all of it blown away. So easily, just like a bursting balloon.

"Hey," he said breathlessly when he was within the hearing range.

When he saw Taemin turned to him with the exact stupid smile he known for years, his heart leaped, a fond smile soon creeping up his face.

"Minho," after whispering just two syllables of his name, the shorter threw himself onto him, hands casually s around his neck to engage them both in a tight hug. A relieved chuckle escaped his lips, arms found their place around the thin waist and they indulged themselves in the momentary bliss.

"We escalate quickly, huh? We just met," he teased Taemin who constantly brushing his cold nose onto his neck. There was a small laughter, warm on his skin, "Oh, I'm sorry. Guess I have mistaken you for someone else."

"And who is it you're looking for?"

"My sugar daddy," said Taemin with a glint of mischievousness on his sparkly eyes. Minho couldn't believe that Taemin would release him from their hug just to show his impromptu acting, craning his neck to look around them. "Ah, that guy, sorry," he walked steadily towards a guy who stood in front of the snack bar stall who didn't even know he had just been defamed.

Minho held the wrist quickly though, afraid if he would actually approach the old man, "You're the worst."

Taemin raised his eyebrows before they laughed heartily, putting an end to their stupid roleplay. With a little to no tug on the wrist, Taemin scooted into his embrace one more time. "The best," he corrected Minho.

"Are you hungry? Or we could go straight home?"

Home, he smiled at that. "Starving."

"Then chicken delivery we go. They will arrive just when we're reaching home. I'll make Jinki pays," he laughed devilishly.

 


--

 


"Put that down," Taemin warned his apartment mate whose ready to gobble up the drumstick on his hand. "Ah ah! Don't!"

"But I pay!"

"It's my delivery!"

As Minho emerged from behind Taemin, Jinki seemed to be amused. "Hi, Minho."

"Hi," he greeted back.

"How long has it been?"

"Three months."

"What a record, huh?" He smirked at them and Taemin rounded his eyes in disbelief. He decided to let it once though, because he elder paid for the chicken.

"After that last time you visited, he's slowly becoming like a walking bomb-"

"Uhm, Jinki hyung," Taemin cut him off with a deadly glare, "You do know I'm working part time, right? But you don't know where I'm working, no?"

Jinki nodded, clueless to where this was going, but had enough imagination to where this was leading. His face flinched subtly.

"I'm a butcher, I know how to chop meat efficiently."

The elder choked on his chicken and Minho couldn't help but laugh as he scattered out of the scene. Minho dropped his things by the couch and reached for the chicken hungrily. "Seriously, a butcher?"

"Did I say that?" Taemin shrugged, his hand swatted the dirty hand away with a warning hiss that Minho should wash his hand first. He accompanied him to the kitchen and washed their hands together. They flopped on the cushion with contentment soon after, hands grabbing for a piece of chicken to fill their stomach up.

"It really has been a long time," Minho muttered lowly.

"I only order from this chicken house if you come."

"This almighty chicken? You must be deprived from eating them," he laughed.

A nod eagerly came from Taemin's head, he went closer until he rested his legs on top of Minho while his back comfortably pressed onto the arm rest. As their eyes met, Minho was the one who was deprived from oxygen.

"I missed you," Taemin said, and it caused a turmoil in his heart.

He thought to much if he should reply him with I missed you more, but as he glanced at his friend again, it seemed like he wasn't interested in what he was about to say, so with a disappointment hidden under his smile, he continued his eating. His word remained unspoken, unsaid, unheard. But maybe a little naughty poke from Taemin's feet made him just a little bit better.

 


--

 


The wind was cold, winter was definitely around the corner and this town seemed to be colder than where they were back then. It was really an early winter here. Minho didn't prepare much of a warmer, so he had to bit his lips from shivering as they walked through the street to their favourite cafe.

"What were we doing this time last year?"

"We broke Kibum's hand," Minho laughed as he replayed the moment where the three of them got too excited for a short trip to Jeju. Kibum just had to slip from the bed and hit the floor in a very wrong way, his hand swollen and looked like a shovel. "We ended up spending the holiday at the hospital."

Taemin bundled to the scarf he was wearing with the cheekiest grin, it was their fault asking Kibum to jump along on Taemin's small bed when he knew it was impossible for three young adults.

"I didn't expect that he would actually landed on his wrist first."

"I didn't expect you to really choose a school 8 hours away either."

Minho had intended to mutter inside his head, yet his mouth betrayed him by saying it out loud. He gave a side glance and he saw how complexed Taemin's face could be. Did he just ruined their supposed to be a warm trip? Because he could visibly feel the atmosphere shifted into sour mood. He didn't want to make Taemin feel bad, but of course, he felt that he should have poured his feeling out in the open.

"Well," Taemin smiled, the tension passed pretty quickly. "Two more years."

They entered the warm cafe and queued along with people who needed cafein booster. Minho didn't talk about how far the college Taemin chose any longer, he always wanted to dance and here was where Taemin could achieve his dream. The conversation between them was light, hint of longing here and there, from daily life to girls, throwing diss at people to dirty jokes, and yeah, it was literally about anything and everything. Only after some time that Minho realised how close they were, their shoulders bumping into each other, their thighs together. It made his cheeks warmer.

"Taemin!"

They sat straight at the excited call and Taemin waved to the familiar face. Minho greeted him too, he knew him, he was Jimin, Taemin's partner in a project not long ago. He wondered why he wasn't paired with Jongin though, but when Taemin sent him a video of them dancing, he was more than happy to see them dance perfectly in sync.

As Jimin settled in front of them, he watched the later leisurely put his over Taemin's hand. He tried not to look, but failed miserably. The fingers brushed over the knuckles and Taemin seemed to not mind it even though Minho knew he wasn't the one who was fond of any kind of skinship. He narrowed his eyes at Jimin, but soon found his composure again. He was feeling weird having to witness that even though he knew he didn't have to worry about anything.

Taemin noticed the uncomfortable gaze Minho sent on his hand. Minho had to force himself to look away and his face looked pissed. He felt a guilt somehow. He glanced at Minho who was trying to ignore Jimin's hand, and he decided that it was a good timing for him to push the hand away, so that Minho could see.

The stolen gaze wasn't go unnoticed, their eyes met for a brief second.

And now Taemin's hand was just a hand on the table, not something that would cause irrational jealousy, just a hand Minho wished to hold; nobody should be able to feel the smoothness of his skin or the warmth coming from it.

While they were distracted with some dance talk, Minho subtly put a hand over Taemin's thigh, out of possessiveness or maybe just to confirm and reassured himself about something he didn't even understand. He was trying the water, and Taemin seemed to not mind the resting hand, nor pushed it away. He let them stayed there a little bit longer until Minho retreated his hand in favout to cup his drink.

After a good time spent together, they went back to Taemin's shared apartment with warm bellies and hearts. As they bid goodbye to Jimin, Minho took no time to enclosed their gaps and walked home with the back of their hands brushing over and over again.

 


--

 


"Don't cry," Taemin smiled sadly.

"You, don't cry, you!" Minho nearly shouted at Taemin on the face. When he realised people were staring at them, he softened his tone and held the shoulders of his best friend, "I'm not crying, idiot."

They pulled each other almost at the same time, and to Minho's greatest horror, his eyes squeezed out fresh tears without him knowing. He turned his head away. The only person who could make him emotional was here, bidding him goodbye before he had to part miles away from him. Well, he was vulnerable especially today, a week wasn't enough, and he just missed him so badly he might die. The thought of spending winter alone was wrecking him.

"Aren't you crying?" He nudged Minho on his chest.

"No, I'm thinking about the movie we watched last night, it's so sad," Minho tried to play it cool but avoided staring into Taemin's eyes altogether. "It's so unfair that the lead artist died."

"Should we write something to the producer, in order to protest?"

This time Taemin made him smile a bit.

"I'm going to miss you so much," didn't he realised he was saying his thought out loud until he felt Taemin squeezing him tighter.

"I'm going to miss you more."

"First Christmas without you, Tae."

He pulled away slightly to capture the face he adored the most, only to see him smiling softly, his heart skipped a beat. "I'm going to make a wish under the tree. I wish to have you back at home."

The answer that slipped through the brown haired boy caught him off guard, because the voice was shaky, "I already wished for that."

Didn't they know how long it had been staring down each other's features, trying to keep enough memories for who knows long they would be far apart, to help tide them through until they met each other next time.

"I have to go," Minho said.

"You should," replied Taemin, but none of then ready to let go of the warm hug. Their surrounding seemed to move so fast even when they shared a slow motion moment within the embrace. Minho freed himself from the comfort of Taemin's arms around his waist while he released his arms off of the slumped shoulders while mentally warned himself from leaning down to steal a perfect kiss from those perfect lips.

"Text me when you're home."

"Text me when you reach home," Minho cupped the supple cheek briefly before he stepped backwards towards the waiting train. "Goodbye."

He waved a weak goodbye, took a painful step towards the train only to stumble as Taemin threw himself, arms cinching around Minho's neck with a disheartening sigh, "Gosh, isn't it stupid that I still hasn't get used to this?"

Minho ran his fingers through the fluffy hair, patting them, "Are you crying?"

"I never cry."

Parting was never easy with them. There was too much untold words, too much emotions to express, and too much secret to keep in-between them. It was practically understandable if they would be this emotional. Totally normal.

The taller of them all wrapped his palm around Taemin's nape and smiled, "It's never enough to spend time with you."

"Yeah," replied Taemin as he reluctantly unleashed his tight hug, feeling a bit guilty because he kept dragging him from going. With a sad push, he whispered, "You don't want to miss the train. See you soon."

One more glance. One more smile.

Minho sat near the window to see Taemin one last time, while Taemin waved at him after making a funny face, causing Minho to laugh out loud- a nice face to see before parting, Taemin smiled fondly at that. Then he watched, he waited until the train went away. He stayed for more about half an hour with tears welling on both of his eyes, loneliness struck him faster than he ever imagined.

 


--

 

Christmas came unexpectedly fast, snow fell onto the ground building layers of white coats, slippery underneath the soles, while the air was prickly cold. Despite that, people were celebrating the warm day by gathering on their relative's house, ate good foods, shared warm companies, and for a moment they forgot how busy their lives were, finally enjoyed the relaxing night with precious person.

Minho went home earlier than the other, not that he hated the warm gathering Kibum's house held, not about the noisy laughters from their parents nor the minimal gifts he received; Taemin wasn't here, that was. It got him realised how big Taemin's presence mattered.

He stared at his phone, bared toes wriggling from the cold as he kept reading the name written on the screen. Skype was his best friend for quite some time. Taemin would always be there, green dot on whenever he had finished his day, so they could finalised their tiring day with light conversation, yet the best time of the day.

It was Christmas night and he was sure Taemin wouldn't be there, but after staring for an hour or so, he found Taemin online and was typing. Didn't he let him send anything, Minho pressed the call button.

"What? I thought you're in Kibum's party."

"Nah, it's boring."

"No me?" He chuckled.

"Yeah," Minho giggled along, he remembered sitting at the corner of the room with a mug of hot chocolate which Taemin loved so much. People throwing jokes but it was less interesting since he kept thinking that Taemin could do better even though they kept saying Taemin's joke was the lamest of them all. This Christmas was , it was because Taemin was not here. Absolutely a big . "It's less fun without you."

Taemin was smiling, he could hear it from the silence. "Is it snowing over there?"

"A little when I am on my way home."

"There's no snow here, yet cold as hell. Wish I could see the snow."

There was a pregnant pause between them.

"Minho?" Taemin raised his voice, slightly confused because Minho's side was way too quiet.

"Wait a sec."

A rustle here, a rustle there, door opening only to closed the next second. Minho was busy. He was doing something for sure, Taemin could hear him. He waited though, until Minho heaving a breathless, "Hey, let's switch to video call."

It was dark for a while before he could see Minho's face clearly, his nose a bit red. Taemin was presented with white garden, Minho's mom backyard covered with piling snowflakes and it looked so fluffy.

"What are you doing outside? It's cold!"

"But you said you want to see the snow."

"Idiot! Get inside!"

"I wear a jacket, Tae."

Taemin's amused face dominating he screen by now, he surely had seen the snow pretty well by now. Taemin loved winter out of the four seasons, no doubt about it. He loved the soft snow, the prickling cold on his skin, the cute hot breaths mingled in the air and friendly, warm hand that was Minho's around his shoulder.

"This is what I'm missing," he sighed.

"The snow?"

"This ridiculous insanity," Taemin shifted on his bed and smiled gently, "Christmas without you."

The rest of it was silence, they stared into each other's face, both in deep thoughts and slipped into meshes of feelings.

"What are you thinking right now?" He noticed the knot in between Taemin's eyebrows, the one which he wished he could massage it loose.

"Guess it."

"Your favourite hot chocolate vendor near your house."

Taemin shook his head with seriousness, "It's unfortunately close down."

"Sorry to hear that," replied Minho, knowing nothing about where this conversation would lead onto.

"There's someone I keep thinking about on Christmas night like this."

Minho's heard beat halted for a split second.

"His eyes are as big as golf balls, they are shining so brightly," Taemin said with a goofy smile on his face, his eyes soft and his words were screaming sincerity, "His smile could warm up even the coldest night. Like a cup of that delicious hot chocolate- I could just get out of my bed, walk down the street and even queue for a 15 minutes long line. He showed me snow on the day I yearned for it the most, even though it's ridiculous."

He could feel his cheeks aching from trying not to grin too widely, his breathing ragged from the sudden burst of happiness. "I think I'm going to like to befriend that kind of person."

"Oh, you would," Taemin answered. "And Minho?"

"Yes?"

"Merry Christmas." As the words fell out from those pretty lips, added with a dearly smile, Minho knew he was in big trouble. Or was he not? Because for quite a moment, Taemin looked so pure and beautiful. He wished he could see him right then and now, wished they weren't so many miles apart, wished they could be as close as possible.

"You too, Merry Christmas."

"Now I want you to get inside, it's freezing out there, right?"

Minho nodded and moved his feet, however, he was having a slight difficulty. Taemin realised something went wrong with his friend's face and frowned," Why?"

"I can't feel my feet," he grinned awkwardly, "uhm, well, I'm barefooted and, yeah..."

When he thought Taemin would yell at him, pointing at his stupidity, he didn't hear any of it. He was smiling adoringly at Minho, his heart swelling even more because Minho went outside to show him the snow, he stared at Minho with all of his heart. Unfortunately Minho missed looking at the face Taemin showed as he busied himself to get a hold of his peripheral nerves.

 


--

 


Minho scowled as he reached inside his house with a completely soaked shirts, courtesy of the summer rain. He took almost everything off of his body on his way to the bathroom. But before he reached the door, he saw an unamused face sitting on his couch. He kind of screamed out of surprise, his legs sprung like he was seeing ghost, a little wobbly and it was quite embarrassing.

"Gosh!" His tone a bit higher as his bums met the floor in a rushed thud. He held onto his ribcage just in case his heart decided to jump out.

It was barely a month since he met Taemin, but for someone who was madly in love, it could only feel like eternity. There was no way Taemin would be here and it was probably the heat when he got as he walked home. Or the fox rain on his burning head that created visual hallucination of Taemin in his living room, "Snap out of it."

"Are you talking to yourself right now?"

Oh.

His head snapped up to see Taemin slowly standing on his feet, approaching him with a weird smile on his face, whether he was laughing or happy from seeing him, he wasn't sure that much.

"Are you an imaginary Taemin?"

Everything seemed so real, the smile, the fluffy hair, the details- it was just too real to be a dream, moreover when he touched the face, it was just as soft as what he had been feeling for the past years.

"I came to surprise you, just for a change."

Then he remembered that he gave Taemin a duplicate of the key to his home, and how subtle of a confession it could be. Taemin had happily accepted the key, eyes crinkled and smile wide from ear to ear, probably unaware of the hidden message implied by it, or perhaps not.

"You look terrible," he informed Minho as he reached out to help him onto his feet.

"The fall or the me?"

"Both."

"You scare me a lot, and I am sensitive for I don't get enough sleep," he sighed out. "Too much assignments to do."

"Oh," his face fell at the news, that was why Minho barely got in touch with him. It worried him a lot, and he couldn't help feeling a bit scared. Of what, he didn't know, just the imagination of Minho cutting off the contact made him panic. But when he knew the reason why, he was relieved but the worries only piling up, "we should bed you early today. Go fresh up yourself."

"Yeah but," Minho raised his eyebrows, "aren't we missing something?"

He didn't have to mention it anymore, Taemin seemed to understand what he meant by that when he opened his arms. The later shook his head in disbelief, "You're half and wet, definitely going to make me sick."

Despite saying that, he walked into the open arms and sunk his shy face on the crook of Minho. Not that weird, he admitted, as he hugged the bare chest. It felt just as warm as before, even warmer because the heat seemed to transfer from one body to another quite easily. Deep breath in, a perfect combination of rain and Minho was all he could smell.

"I missed you," Minho said into the fluffy hair that smelled like fresh fruits.

"I missed you too," Taemin smiled into the skin, and so much more.

Minho hugged him for as long as he tried to verify the actual presence of Taemin, trying to make sure it wasn't a dream, but a real situation. He allowed him to hold his hug for so long, despite the heat. While Minho was busy feeling and maping evey inch of Taemin in his arms and all over his body, trying to match the memories he had upon the hug they usually shared. It fitted perfectly and for that, he knew this was not a hallucination.

"Let me take a shower and join me in bed."

What? Straight bros weren't supposed to cuddle in bed? No, right?

"Sure."

 


--

 

As he finished his shower, he tended to the air conditioner, setting it to a very low temperature before he threw himself to the bed, slipping under the blanket with no other thought. He kind of forgot that Taemin was actually there until he saw the later folding his arms, body leaning on the frame of his door. He stared at him, feeling a bit weird as he noticed that Taemin was wearing his shirt and shorts; the shirt was a bit big on Taemin but it looked okay. Had he to admit, Taemin looked so good in his clothes.

"I have taken a bath," he felt like it was right to inform his friend who was staring at him confusedly. "Ready for bed."

"Then come here," Minho patted the empty spot on his bed.

Just like what Minho asked him, he climbed up the bed and pulled the same blanket over himself. Minho his lips dry, swallowed the invisible lump on his throat as Taemin settled close next to him, arms brushing and their little fingers kind of overlapping each other. As he was about to close his eyes, Taemin curled up to him, hands drapped halfway over his body, legs tangling Minho's while trying to make Minho's arm his pillow. Minho gulped once again at their closeness. Yet he was too tired to get . Lucky him.

"Good night," he yawned.

"Hmm," Taemin paused, his tone saying that he hadn't finished his sentence and from his gesture. He cuddled up more, face hidden on the chest as he whispered his unfinished talk, "I really missed you."

"I missed you too," Minho didn't quite understand the situation.

"Yeah?"

"Of course."

"But you never call, I'm worried," there was a clumsy hand over his chest, palm spread wide open as if trying to feel him. Minho had to take an extra care to his heart so that it wouldn't stop beating or worse, thumping too rapidly against his ribs. "I thought there's something bad happened, but glad you're okay. You just need a good rest. But you do look skinnier, someone have to feed you like really, eat more, okay?"

He took a deep breath, Taemin's scent filling up his lungs, spreading peace upon his tired mind. "You're kind of weird today."

"Am I?"

In all honesty, he didn't mean to say it out loud, and luckily he could stop himself from adding more to his unfiltered mouth. "A good kind of weird," he murmured. Like you're in love with me.

"That's good."

Minho smiled in agreement, this felt good. He shifted against Taemin's small figure, still a bit unsure if he should throw his arms around Taemin or not, but Taemin had already made a decision for him as he pressed against each other tighter. No other choice. Minho drapped his arms around Taemin, gathering him in a warm embrace and internally thanking him for being there, supporting him mentally.

Before he knew it, he lost in his dreamless sleep.

Something felt not right, that was why he forced himself to wake. Taemin wasn't there beside him, that was why. He craned his neck all around the bedroom, the door to his bathroom was slightly open with light seeping out from the creak. Yet the drowsiness came back to him and he slipped out of his consciousness again.

The next time he opened his eyes, it was bleary, the empty spot turned cold and Taemin had yet to come to his side. The light to the bathroom was off, so he waited, ears trying to pick up any noise that was Taemin. Taemin was walking into the room the moment he was about to drift away.

Taemin approached the bed and slipped under the blanket with him. He seemed to not aware that Minho was awake. Minho didn't make a noise as he watched curiously at every movement of the smaller guy, he was doing his best to concentrate on every single thing Taemin did even though he was feeling sleepy. When Taemin finally found a comfortable position next to him, trying so hard to not wake Minho on the process, a content sigh escaped.

Minho then knew why he had to be awake at the ridiculous hour despite being deadly exhausted when he felt something warm on his cheek. Fate was working hard for him this time. Taemin had leaned to his cheek, he could map the feature of his face as the goodnight kiss lingered a bit too long. As if in slow motion. Then Taemin burrowed in his embrace once again after deeming it right to drap the blanket over their bodies, protecting something between them.

 


--

 

They walked to the nearest convenience store after a healthy lunch Taemin had recommended to have, feeling that an ice cream would fit perfectly in the hot weather. Their arms brushed against each other as they walked there. The sun was scorching hot and the heat was incredulously torturing.

"Why do you have to wear this long sleeves?"

"I like being burn inside out," Minho answered sheepishly.

Taemin halted his step to send a deadly glare at him. He tapped his slipper onto the pavement, unamusedly accepting the answer. Minho stopped along and raised his eyebrows when he saw the pout.

"What?"

He thought Taemin would hit him or something, but the later sighed desperately and grabbed his wrist. Taemin rolled his sleeves until it reached his elbow, did it to the other arm before he took out a handkerchief to wipe the excessive sweat Minho had produced. When Taemin tugged him on the side to get him closer, Minho could see a tender, gentle smile on his face.

The realisation that their faces were so incredibly close hit him when Taemin's breath fell on his lips, only now noticing the negligible distance between them. His heart did a somersault.

When Taemin looked him deeply in the eyes, the time stopped. Didn't know what pushed him, but he closed his eyes and waited. Yet nothing happened.

"Stupid," he heard. "Mega idiot, you are."

Minho blinked open his eyes, a bit disappointed since he had been expecting a kiss from Taemin. Was it him but he saw a tint of red on the tips of Taemin's ears.

He wondered though, did Taemin feel something rushing in his blood when they were this close? Because he could, and it was quite frustrating after years. He felt helpless sometimes.

As Taemin paid for the ice cream, he waited at the cool seat near the blowing air-con. He stared at the lithe figure. Last night felt like a dream now that he thought about it. Minho had no intention of telling Taemin that he was awake last night when he kissed him goodnight. They were close, closer than anyone, the kiss could mean something or just nothing. The uncertainty drove Minho crazy.

What exactly is on your mind, Lee Taemin?

They ate their ice cream religiously, moans of delight escaped their mouths unconsciously. Each of them had two despite having a full table of lunch. There was always a place for ice cream in the summer. They talked animatedly, laughing at anything and it was a nice thing to do on the weekend. Minho could rest and heal, while Taemin could recharge himself before going back to his faraway college.

Minho smiled gently at Taemin. Taemin noticed that and smiled back. But when Minho chuckled at his face, he knew something was off.

"There's something on my face?"

"Guess it."

Taemin rolled his eyes because he somewhat knew there was something on his face, judging from the way Minho focusing those big eyes on his face. He looked around for the tissue paper he had and was about to wiped randomly on his face until Minho suddenly grabbed both of his wrist and tied them with his one hand.

"The hell-"

There was a smile, so soft, his eyes were captured and there was no way for both of them to run away. Minho daringly closed the gap between them, soon able to feel Taemin's hitched breath on his lips. He was trying not to lose control and kiss Taemin senselessly. Taemin's hands giving in, no more resistance to the grip on his wrists, pupils shook for a split second. He didn't ask anything about the closeness, nor he felt uncomfortable with the minimal distance between them, the best friends.

Before then, Taemin had teased Minho and now it was Minho's time to revenge him. He saw the eyelids falling gently, prettily, when he went even closer. Their lips were all but brushing. Minho thumbed the smear of vanilla ice cream off of the corner of Taemin's lips before he pulled back and amused with how meek Taemin could be. It made him feeling weird things.

"Done," was all he said, wiping the thumb which just touched the softest lips he could ever think about.

Taemin didn't meet his eyes immediately, he was looking afar and gulped heavily with a muffled, "yeah."

Now that they put a distance, Minho felt a pang on his heart. This weird game only implied on how stupid the both of them, teasing each other these days became unbearably hurt, but nothing to compare to the fact that both of them were such a coward. Neither had the gut to cross the line, that was what killing him inside.

 


--

 


"I'm not a good company, am I?" Kibum asked out of nowhere.

Minho snapped out of his trance and stared at Kibum weirdly. "What do you mean?"

"When is the last time you smile?"

Since he sent Taemin off. Thinking about that name, he slightly smiled. "Now I am."

Kibum scoffed in disbelief, knowing exactly why Minho smiled like that, thinking about Taemin that was. He shook his head in disbelief, "How long has this been going? Two years? Three? Or even four?"

"I don't understand what you mean, Kibum-ah."

"Oh, please, you know exactly what I'm talking about. This ambiguous relationship, how long are you going to keep it going?" He threw the topic into spotlight right away, "You obviously like him. He also likes you, so what's hindering you guys from dating?"

"What are you talking about?" He supposed to dismiss the talk, but he couldn't hide that fact that his heart fluttering at how casual Kibum put it into words.

 

 

Honestly, he wanted Kibum to elaborate what he meant by them liking each other, but he stopped himself. That could be dangerous.

"I can see that you two are in love, gosh, you guys even cuddle yet not dating. How is that logical?"

"We're really close," he pointed out, no confidence in his tone.

"You're so ing stupid, aren't you? When two people in love, they don't have to say it, people around them can see and feel it. I'm sure not blind, unlike you two. Or maybe you're not blind but just very, very, very stupid."

Minho shut up almost immediately, embarrassed too, because he didn't have to get his friend to mention how stupidly in love he was with Taemin.

"When does he ever let anyone touch him besides you? He kicked me the last time I tried to hug him. Don't you realise that only you that get everything out of him? He's so comfortable around you and he lets you do things he never let people do to him."

This made Minho fell into deep thought, his chest swelling upon the fact Kibum displayed for him. He traced along their years of friendship which started with a lot of shyness, progressing slowly into a pace where they would go out for lunch and dinner together, having the same eating preference and soon realised that they had a lot in common, were on the same frequency. At first Taemin was not letting him get too close to him, not fond of any form of skinship he suggested, but as the time went by, it was mostly Taemin who initiated first. He would suddenly stand next to him, their arms would brush when they walked side by side or thighs would pressed against each other when they sit, and even Taemin quite often than sometimes found his fingers wrapped around Minho's arm whenever he wanted some attention. And it was almost like a habit for Minho to touch Taemin back. All became so natural, the skinship between them.

However, the thing Kibum mentioned was right, Taemin was still not a fan of skinship. Didn't he let anyone got closer or trespassed his personal territory. Everything but an exception for Minho.

"I don't know," Minho finally caved in, he didn't see the point of denying it any longer, "I do like him, damn you have no idea how much I like him. But you know, he could be just very comfortable with me." Now that was a mystery, tiny part of him said that Taemin seemed to have the same feeling towards him, yet he didn't let them go any further than that, not that he hadn't tried kissing him. Thus the chances were slim.

"He likes you," Kibum reassured him. "Trust me."

"We need time."

Time. When was the right time to move forward? When was the right time to leave the friendship status? It could be dangerous, he could see that. If things didn't go the right way, their bond would snap and there would be no each other's companion any longer. That could turn into nightmare.

But time. He knew they had taken forever. He was wrong thinking that time was what they needed. They didn't need to prolong this any longer. Minho loved Taemin so much that it always made him crazy, he wanted to hold him without feeling guilty, he wanted to touch him like lovers would, and he had been dreaming of kissing those thick lips. He wanted to bring this into another level, even if it scared him.

Something- no, someone like Taemin were worth risking for.

With a nervous sigh, he patted Kibum's back in gratitude. He knew he shouldn't drag the time anymore, or they would never be able to get out of the wall they built themselves. He had to step it up another level.

 


--

 


It was Saturday night when he arrived at the train station 8 hours away from home. The night was bright because it was full moon, it was pretty albeit the cold weather. It was almost another winter and Minho thought that he didn't want to spend another cold days without Taemin.

They had talked about how upset Taemin the whole week, things didn't work so well for him and it frustrated him so much. Minho had deliberately asked if it would feel better if Taemin had someone to run to when he had such bad days, and Taemin had asked him "A best friend?" He replied timidly that no, not friend, but lovers.

Taemin with a perplexed face answered that it wasn't a bad idea. But when Minho threw another question about him finding one, Taemin said that he was cool with the idea having a relationship. There were flutters on Minho's heart as Taemin stared deeply into the screen, casually thinking out loud with a hopeful spark, "I'm waiting for the right one." He wasn't sure if Taemin referring to whom, but Minho felt his time bomb ticking loudly on his ears.

Without him knowing, he bought a ticket to where Taemin lived even though they just met barely three weeks ago and they skyped two days ago. He meant it to be a surprise, a bouquet of flower in his hand a bottle of hot chocolate he personally made for Taemin.

He had the key to Taemin's house because Taemin insisted that he should have one since he had Minho's key, talking about fairness. Taemin's roommate, Jinki was not around when he pressed the bell. Thus he let himself in anyway. The first thing he did as he got in was going to the kitchen. He excused himself to heat the melted chocolate, better keep it hot all the time, he sang.

And then he waited. He prepared a speech for the confession, he wanted to say it quick yet meaningful. He planned to give Taemin encouragement, when the time was right and Taemin was not feeling so down, he would mention their previous conversation about lovers, and he would eventually say what he had wanted to say all these years. Minho wanted to tell the truth.

However, when the door clicked open and Taemin's voice came in in such a ruckus, he didn't know that he would bring a drunk girl who was clinging onto him like Taemin was his boyfriend. Minho cleared his throat, there was anger, jealousy bubbling up his throat. He was paralysed in his spot and watched how Taemin lifted the girl to the couch. For someone who hated skinship, he did let that girl hug and smearing her lipstick on his neck too freely. Minho unconsciously hit the fist to the dinner table.

"M-Minho-" Taemin stuttered as he snapped up to see where the voice coming from.

"I waited for you," Taemin could map the shock on Minho's face. His gaze fell from Taemin to the girl on the couch. He forced a smile and Taemin could hear his own heart breaking. "Wrong timing, huh?"

"Uh-"

"I came to cheer you up, but perhaps you don't need it from me."

"It's not what you're thinking," Taemin started off slowly, he could read Minho so well and it really wasn't what Minho assumed he was.

"No, no, it's cool," Minho interrupted, smiling like a robot that made Taemin's heart broke into pieces. No, this went so wrong, he should do something. The way Minho shrugged his shoulder and looking so distracted to the sleeping body on the couch. "You can bring anyone home, I'm not going to be nosy about it- just I wish you could tell me that you have a girlfriend."

The tone, it was layered with sadness, deep one. Minho wasn't the type who could hide his lie very well, it was projected on his eyes, on his face, on his slumped shoulders and his voice. The glistening eyes though, scared Taemin the most.

Did he just committed the biggest mistake? He bet he did. Minho never once looked that hurt before.

"She's not my girlfriend!"

Minho avoided staring into Taemin's eyes, he was not strong, he should have known about this. That his chance were close to none, yet he still took a gambling about their bond. Where did it went wrong? Was he too blind to see the sign? Taemin was not interested in him, they were just best friends, and Taemin probably had someone who could make his heart tremble, like how Taemin did to him. He never asked, he afraid to, but knowing it like this hurt him even more.

"Look, Minho, this is a misunderstanding."

"No," Minho cut him again, "I'm sorry though. I thought a surprise would make you feel better. I should have called you beforehand. I obviously came in the wrong time. I'll just- I'll leave then."

Taemin could feel his stomach and his heart sank. And anger soon filled his heart. "You have to listen to me!" he practically yelled.

Minho snapped his head and their eyes finally met. The later then regretted at how hard he screamed earlier. Taemin saw darkness in Minho's eyes, it pained him, but he could see how much pain Minho felt right now because of this misunderstanding. He never stared at him coldly like this. And it scared him to death.

"Well, I don't care," said Minho curtly, ice covered the voice.

He shook his head, eyes begging for Minho to look at him, to hear him. "You should care."

"Why should I?" Minho asked, voice just above the whisper.

The flower he brought might not be that fresh anymore, the hot chocolate he reheated turned cold once again. Minho was dying from this turn out of event. He was insecure about them both, about his massive love for Taemin, and seeing Taemin easily touched a girl, letting her touched him made his insecurity bigger. Just when he thought everything was going to be fine, it didn't.

"Because..." Taemin stopped his words.

"What? Because I love you?" Minho's confession came out differently than he planned. It was not the heartwarming confession, it was the most heartbreaking confession he ever thought about. "That's right, I love you too much, it hurts."

There was a heavy silence between them, Minho couldn't bring himself to look at Taemin anymore. He was on the verge of crying his heart out, the pent up feeling was driving him crazy, and he was madly in love with him, was jealous about the girl and afraid at the same time. That this would be the end of their friendship.

"Minho-"

"I love you in the sense that I want to kiss you, hold your hands everywhere at anytime, and I don't want to be your best friend, I want to be more, to do more. Damn I even want to you and spend the rest of my life with you," tears finally made an ugly escape.

Taemin felt warm water rolling on his cheeks, he was crying too. He followed Minho's eyes who glanced at the kitchen table where he found a bouquet of flower, and he finally noticed the sweet scent of chocolate wafting in the air.

The taller continued with a softer tone, so soft it made Taemin cried so badly, "I lied when I said I don't care about this, about you bringing home a girl. I cared too much, it's driving me crazy."

Oh no. What have I done?

Guilty feeling overwhelming him more after seeing the little event Minho prepared for him. He had a feeling that what they had were mutual, he could put it piece to piece of why there was a flower and his favourite beverage resting on the table, the candles added the romantic nuance. He had waited for this moment, but the timing was not right.

"Who is she?"

"We're on the same dance project, she's drunk and everybody too, they ask me to help her but I don't know her address so I thought it was bad of me if I abandoned her on the street."

Why did he have to bring Naeun home? Why not someone else who knew where she lived? Because he didn't know.

"Okay."

"Okay," Taemin mumbled timidly, "And Minho?"

Now that it was out in the open, Taemin took a step but keep the distance away. He didn't want this to get worsen than it already was. Minho watched Taemin's feet getting closer to him. Taemin had to do something or Minho would slip away. That was why he decided to go all the way. Minho had jumped off of the cliff and he didn't want him to feel that he was going to die, no, Taemin would catch him, or might as well jumped together with him.

"It's good to hear that."

"What?" Minho asked, head looked up to the smaller face.

"You should care like I do, too. Because I love you."

Up close, Minho could see Taemin was crying. Taemin rarely cried and if he did, that only meant he really used his heart. He meant his every word. This wasn't the confession he wished for, but it was a confession nevertheless.

"Do you mean it?"

"I like you, Minho. I really do love you."

It was weird to hear it from Taemin's mouth with a visible distance between them. Nobody attempted to move though. Their eyes met for another second before they cleared their throat and looked away. Something even weirder grew inside them. The tension dissipated gradually, a different one came in. This felt like a drama, like a dream too, it was almost stupid in any sense of romance, but did they confess. Where were they going after this? They were no longer best friend, but yet boyfriend.

"This is kind of awkward," Minho finally spoke again, this time ever so gentle.

"Should we turn off the light? I can't see your face directly right now."

"Sure."

The light flicked off, silence and darkness following suit. In the dark, Taemin walked to his bedroom with Minho still standing in the middle of the living room. He should go, but there was this thing preventing him to leave. When Taemin turned around to him, he knew this could only get more awkward.

"You're going to sleep here tonight, right?" Taemin timidly asked.

"I have nowhere to go."

They slept together that night, on the same bed, using the same blanket, backs on each other, inched towards the edges. It was like their relationship had regressed back to when they were shy, unfamiliar and nervous all over again. Tonight was rough for both of them.

The next morning Taemin woke up to nobody, Naeun been picked up by her friends because he had sent a S.O.S text to them and Minho was gone too. He called his name few times, no answer. When he was about to head out for some brunch, he noticed the blue paper note on his door, written by Minho.

need to catch up the earliest train, something came up. see you next time?

This might be true, Minho probably had something important to do but he couldn't help but think negatively, could it be that he was trying to avoid him? Well, thing got awkward between them after that spontaneous confession, he had somehow ignited their little fight that led to Minho yelling his true feeling. But things would be better after this, right?

Taemin sighed and soon, albeit having his breakfast diligently, his head kept thinking about Minho and their- whatever it was they were having right at the moment. They should figure this out soon.

The rest of the day went by just like that, worthless and wasted. Without Minho, his days always been like that. Minho was his home, he realised.

But if this is home, why do I feel so alone?

 


--

 

Four day passed without any sort of contact between them. It was another record to break since they were always text every other day, or not call, or skype almost every night. As much as Minho wanted to make another move forwards, he didn't. Whenever he saw Taemin online, as he was about to make a call, he stopped himself. He didn't know how to approach their problem firstly. He thought that Taemin probably still needed his time or Taemin wasn't so serious when he said that he loved him, or that he had stopped liking him at all. He might as well be screwed up back then and nobody knew what was going to happen now.

Consumed by his own thought, he didn't notice the skype call he got from Taemin. But when he did see it, he couldn't believe his eyes.

"Hey," Taemin said first.

Minho took in the view in front of him, Taemin always looked handsome, cute, and pretty, everything Minho loved and more. He wasn't home, was outside with his beanie on. It was the new cafe where Taemin liked to hang out, where its hot chocolate tasted ever so delicious, courtesy of Taemin.

"Hey," he replied breathlessly.

"How's life?"

"Okay, I guess, assignments done on time."

Taemin smiled at him while sipping his cup, blowing hot air in between, "Good to know. Enough sleep makes you look better."

Did Minho trying to hold his smile? Yeah. It had been a while since they had a conversation and seeing how great Taemin looked like and things felt a bit okay and cool made Minho's mood elated. "Yeah, definitely better."

He watched Taemin stirred his cup and he really had to ask even though he knew the answer, "What are you drinking?"

"Oh you know," he raised his cup for Minho to see, "the usual."

"Oh."

There came another silence, but not too long since Taemin been opening and closing his mouth to start another conversation.

"I miss you," Taemin admitted shyly, unlike the usual him.

A gentle smile plastered on his face, "Listen, I'm sorry for not contacting you these past four days, I want to, but I ended up thinking everything through over and over again and when I was about to- I got scared."

"I can totally understand that. Me too."

Taemin thought he was ready to talk about that confession, yet he didn't, they both did not sign for this talk now. However, if not now, then when? Talking on the phone felt a bit better since they weren't face to face. Even if they both knew this could only be solved when they met.

"And yeah, not gonna lie, I miss you too."

When he saw Taemin smiled at him, chuckled on top of that, he realised that everything was fine. They were both fine with the new atmosphere. They just had to set the date and decided if the bond between them were more than best friends had.

 


--

 


For the past weeks everything slowly back into a better pace, they both tried so hard to make it all back to normal once again while stubbornly avoiding the matter of their feelings. They spent time together, watched movie like they used to do, ate and sat in their new favourite bistro, and keeping up their skype calls every two nights.

Minho didn't see it as a rejection though. He had spat out his true feeling although it was far from the most ideal way and he wasn't pleased if they got together like that. Taemin deserved the proper confession. With Taemin trying as hard as he was in this matter, it was like a silent agreement to make it comfortable first.

And now that they were, Minho deemed it right to ask properly one day.

The window was cold against his cheek, the scenery outside was mostly white since it was winter. He tugged himself deeper into his scarf while looking afar, watching the surrounding flashed upon his eyes in speed. There heard metal rattling under his feet, subtle vibration was felt due to the mighty speed, and it was still not fast enough for Minho.

He had waited for this time since long ago. The sky was clear, the cold was not that biting, and he had finished his assignments on time so that he could spend the Christmas vacation 8 hours from home. No more delaying. The carnation he had was wrapped prettily, this time he brought it not far from the train station to keep it fresh. He had reserved it beforehand because it was quite hard to get a fresh carnation nowadays.

Taemin said he would wait at the entrance like usually, and wore a yellow beanie so Minho could spot him easily- which was cute, it made Minho smiled like an idiot imagining Taemin with those fluffy wool beanie he bought for his birthday. His fingers absently fiddled with the petals, pads playing with the softness until he realised how his fingers could damage the beauty.

Nervousness hit him, that was why. He could see the train station and soon he would have to face Taemin who didn't have any idea about this event. Today everything would be different, they would change, and hopefully, in a good way. Like what he yearned for years. His head gearing up for the sequence of scenes he had planned, the rundown he had meticulously prepared, and he failed to notice that the train was slowing down. The loud honk did wake him up from his reverie he indulged.

Quickly he gathered himself, his belongings and didn't he forget the bouquet. He heaved up as he realised in few hundreds meters, he would meet Taemin. He puffed his cheek to gather his courage, also he made sure he was presentable enough. As he exited through the usual exit door, he saw Taemin standing there, their eyes met simultaneously.

And Taemin's eyes lightened up as he saw him. For a while Minho forgot how to breathe. He only smiled at the swelling of his heart.

They were walking towards each other until they met in the middle, talking about those romantic scene where a girl would wait for his boyfriend out of the army; they felt like that.

"Hi," Minho being overly conscious.

"I missed you," said Taemin as he launched himself for a big hug.

It felt so good having Taemin in his arms, warmth seeping into his skin, into his heart and he wished nothing else but this moment. "Missed you too," he let his lips brushing the already reddening ear and feeling it heating up even more. He for a split second thought about kissing Taemin, but he dismissed it for the sake of their deep talk later.

"No more lonely and cold Christmas."

"Yeah," Taemin laughed as they pulled apart with lots of hesitation.

"Oh. And this." Minho pulled out the beautiful flowers in front of Taemin's face and he didn't fail to see a little blush on the soft cheeks. It could be because of the cold, but he would rather think that it was because of him. Taemin threw himself onto Minho once again, this time his chin resting comfortably on Minho's shoulder. "I have something to show you too," Minho whispered.

"Oh really?" he teased Minho and now he was a bit pinkish on the cheeks.

Taemin wasn't stupid, he kind of knew what Minho was here for. The flowers, the subtle touches, the heart beat he felt and well, his face almost telling him everything. Funnily enough, Taemin might probably think the same. He had prepared something, not big, but he hoped it would show his true feeling. Minho deserved better.

 


--

 


On their way to Taemin's apartment, both of them stayed close to each other. Minho kept his hand close to the smaller guy and their fingers somehow touching, although not obviously holding. He just had to feel Taemin's presence, being this close was enough.

He let Taemin lead the way to the shared apartment with Jinki even though he had memorised every nook and cranny to get there. Close his eyes and Minho would still find his way inside. They kept glancing each other every then and now, too many times and Minho had stopped counting it. There was something meaningful to each gaze which he didn't fail to notice. Or probably for making up the lost of time for not having seen each other for quite a while.

As he saw the familiar door, Minho felt the jittery creeping up his skin again. He had spent his days practicing his confession in front of the mirror, made videos of it and frustratingly criticised himself. Now he had to do the actual thing, and sure he was nervous.

Taemin kept the door opened for him. As he went inside and the light was on, he knew that he was not the only one who had prepared something. There was something on the table, food and wine and candles. Taemin tugged him on his scarf towards the dining area.

"Are you hungry?"

"Taemin," his tone was soft. Taemin explained that he got a cooking lesson on korean cuisine because they both loved it, he thought that it might not perfect since he realised he was not born for cooking and had blown twice the pan he used.

Minho closed the gap between them, reaching for the flailing arms they shyly explained the series of event about cooking. When he found a great grip around them, Taemin became all silent. Their eyes stared into each other, vulnerability opened for each other to see.

"I guess I have something to show too," he admitted.

If anything, Minho realised that Taemin had the right to get the best of everything. So he fished out a small book out of his bag. He gave it to Taemin and watched him curiously inspected the book, those little fingers padding over the cover.

"Open it," he let his hands nervously rested on his sides as Taemin started to turn a page over.

Taemin's eyes flickered when he saw pictures of them, one where they went out for lunch for the first time and there was a small note bellow it written I knew there was something about you that got me attracted to you since the first time we introduced ourselves. There was a knowing smile on Minho's face as Taemin nodded reading the caption. Well, no lie, their first meeting was qute normal, only their eyes couldn't tear from each other's face that differentiated it. Like love at first sight, yet they ignored it and chose being best friends instead.

He went through several pictures about them, their self camera, their fun outings and there were too much happiness, too many memories they shared with each other; time they had with each other was uncountable.

The next one was when they spent Thanksgiving in Minho's house, Kibum took it, Minho commented. It was hidden from Taemin because in the picture he could see Minho staring at Taemin like he was the moon in the sky. People could see the spark, but I guess I was the only one that was blind. Taemin shook his head and looked up, "We both are."

Taemin was thoroughly amazed with every small frame, staring at them wih fondness, wondering how those pictures could encompass feelings of such a fierce intensity. He kept turning the page, their intimate poses caught his heart. He still remembered how cozy it was holding onto Minho, how weird it was that with Minho, he didn't mind being hugged to sleep or cuddling as they watched movies.

It was a photo where their face was close to each other, Taemin had taken it and he noticed how Minho looked like he was about to give him a kiss with a gaze he could never explain. I bet my feelings were getting heavier each days.

Taemin laughed and Minho had to control himself to not kissing him senseless right now. He could see Taemin was getting the same symptoms as him, hearts pacing into faster rhythm, something clogged their throat, and emotions building up in their chests. As Taemin turned them again, and again, and again, Minho got scared every time it neared the end.

Now he was on the picture where Minho took a photo of the first ever Christmas night he spent without Taemin. People looked happy but not him. Minho had took what Kibum had on his camera, of him sitting alone in the corner staring blankly at his phone. Taemin got teary eyes when he read the moment I realised that nothing terrified me than not having you beside me.

To be frank, the book was about their growing feelings. They both had grown, individually and together, and he knew for sure that he wanted to keep growing with Taemin, until they tired themselves, until they were old. Taemin was someone who was so precious in his life and he preferred to have him next to him.

It was the last photo of their journey, the one that was about to start anew. A bouquet of fresh red carnation he took earlier with his polaroid. Meaning: my heart ached for you.

Minho for a while, felt ashamed of what he had prepared, he only gathered their pictures together and wrote notes, while Taemin actually took a class for a romantic dinner for them. He could have done better. Taemin only deserved better. But when Taemin looked at him with tears welling on his eyes, just maybe his message got through his heart with no resistance.

"Do tell, do you like it?" It was the starting line he had practiced religiously. Still a bit awkward in his tongue, but luckily he made to say it. And he went with the next line nervously, "I know I'm lacking in words, but I have to say that when we're together, I can't help but appreciate every second of it."

"You're better than me, trust me. And-"

He interjected because, "Please, let me finish my prepared line." They laughed for a brief second before Minho took Taemin's hand in his, "We've been dragging this too long, it was stupid of us. I don't want to be an idiot, so Lee Taemin-"

"Stop," Taemin whined, "you can't do this."
Minho's eyebrows furrowed, "Why?"

"You haven't given me a chance to properly confess."

"Me too."

"But you did it first, Minho."

"I want you to have a proper confession, not some yelling-kind of confession," he said sweet.

Taemin melted with a sigh, "Then go on."

"Now my mind blank. I suppose to say more but then you interrupted my long speech. I can't even remember half of it right now."

"We're being stupid," Taemin smiled, lips kissable while enunciated where he had left before.

"That's right, we're being stupid, out of our minds, so blind that we're actually in love with each other. And honestly I have no words to express how much I love you through times we spent together. But despite that, I can show you how much you mean to me, I can show it for the rest of my life."

Taemin cocked a playful smile, "Sounds like a proposal to me."

Minho ignored that, knowing that Taemin only play joke because he was too nervous. Typical of Lee Taemin. "So, would you like to be my boyfriend?"

"No."

"What?"

"I suppose to ask you first!" Taemin huffed, a smile plastered on his lips nevertheless, cheeks brightened like rose. "You're so unfair."

"Well, you didn't get to say, so I asked you first."

"You're so nasty, Minho."

Minho finally chuckled, nervousness gone in a split second. It was too funny to see how nervous Taemin was. It was utterly adorable. "Then go ahead, say it, ask me."

"Really?"

"I won't be giving you a second chance."

"Alright," Taemin said, "Minho, do you want to be my boyfriend?"

"Yes," no hesitation in his answer.

They were smiling to each other, and with a breathless whisper, Taemin replied to Minho's confession, "Yes."

It didn't take another minute before they enclosed the gap between them, their lips met in an tentative kiss. After waiting for years for this mere kiss, they both thought that it was only right to have a deeper one, hungrier one, the one that showed how much love they had for each other, how desperate they were. They might had dated another person while buying times, they had kissed their partner before, but nothing compared to what they had right now.

Minho's fingers curled on the back of Taemin's neck, loving the way Taemin tilted his head for the better access as he kissed him back. They went on and on, making up to the lost of time, oxygen only passed by for a breif moment before they engaged in another kiss. They had been expecting this for too long and did they care about bruising their lips. They only kept going. Until they ran out of breath.

They were so immersed kissing that they didn't even realised the door opening. Only when a familiar voice caught by their ears that they realised that Jinki was here.

"I wish I never have to catch you guys in the act," Jinki scurried to his room, "But God hates me, he never listens to my prayer."

Taemin glared at him, "I gave you money to spend the night out, why the hell are you here?"

"Easy," he raised his arms up, "I left my phone in the room. I swear I don't want to see you doing things. I wore a sunglass and stupid earphones even when my phone is here, because I wouldn't want to hear or witness anything that will ruin my innocence."

Minho laughed at the bickering roommates. He slipped an arm around Taemin's waist and planted a secretive kiss on his hair while mumbling, "Thank you for your consideration." Jinki made a face when he saw how Taemin squirmed in Minho's arm, "We're just getting into it."

"Uh, I'm sorry to say but can you not do that in front of right now? I will leave the house to yourself and you can do whatever as long as you don't mess the furniture up. I don't want to scarce myself. I'll just take my phone and go, and you can continue the ritual."

In all honesty, wasn't on the agenda he planned, but they had the apartment to themselves now. He didn't think why not. Besides, they had been holding in for too long, the kiss quite hinted how desperate they were both. By the way Taemin tightened the hold to his waist, it was another sign Minho wished he didn't notice.

"You done?" Taemin asked as soon as Jinki got out of his room.

"One more word," he pointed out his index finger and smiled idiotically, "finally!"

He raced to the door before Taemin managed to get the cushion hit his face. Minho could only laugh, how they ended up together as roommates were funny, for they both were completely different but stupid in the same way. It was entertaining watching the two bicker yet care about each other like brothers.

Then when the silence came into them, they turned to each other.

Taemin placed both hands on Minho's chest as Minho put his around the waist, fingerpads tracing the hardness of it. "So," he started, "Didn't you say you want to me?"

Minho's mouth opened, unable to answer as he saw a devilish smirk. Taemin still remembered his stupid, rushed out confession back then. He did say he wanted to kiss him and even him. Oh, this really was embarrassing, albeit true.

"Does that offend you?"

"Well, contrary to that, not at all," Taemin bit his lips and looked down, "I kind of like the thought of that."

Oh dear.

Taemin had dragged Minho onto the couch effortlessly. He dazedly watched Taemin straddled him on both side of his thighs, hands snaking around his shoulders tenderly. Minho just had to stare at those sinful lips, whose kiss tasted so soft and sweet. When they kissed this time, it was rushed and slow, and aggressive and gentle, all at once.

"I've waited too long," Taemin sighed into his mouth.

"Then show me," Minho coaxed a soft moan as he kissed down his jaws.

"The moon is beautiful and I'm not planning on doing anything else."

Minho gripped the tiny waist and smiled into the kiss. As he felt Taemin against him, he understood that it didn't matter how long they had been dragging this as long as they had each other. He was glad though, that they decided to end this sooner, to start something more than friend faster than he ever thought of. It was the end of the grey era.

 

 

 

 


 I take this a little bit too long. I think this suit the word perfectly. A romantic love story? A little fun here and there and I hope you like this story.

Who doesn't like friends turn into lovers kind of story?

I have to catch up my tardiness, so wish me luck with all the prompts! Don't forget to subscribe, leave a comment and giving an upvote is another tasty topping to my ice cream.

love,

aqcelnicorus?