Chapter 8

Thank you for everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nayeon’s POV

                “ya….I already told you that I will buy …why did you sell to others ..you f**king a**hole” I shout to Peter because I am so upset. “Wow..chill woman…there are a lot of people lining up for those cigarettes so first comes first serves…not my fault”  “Don’t give me those sh*t reason..I will slap your disgusting face” my palm intend at his face. “Okay..okay..I have like 3 cigarettes left ..I will sell those to you..but give me little time for your order.” He stammers. “Okay..I will come back the day after tomorrow ..get ready…if not, you won’t have your face anymore to wash in the morning.” I glared at him and take out one cigarette to smoke. “arh..I miss this taste”

“Eom ma ya………heol……Nayeon? What are you doing in front of my doom room? You made me jump out of scared.” Jeongyeon just got shook by my presence. “I want to help you for the project” “Okay..you are not Nayeon..you are a ghost” she says, go inside and tries to close her room door back. I stop her closing the door. “Come on Jeongyeon..I am not joking ..I am in the mood to do the study.” This time she let me inside. “Sit first..I will make you a coffee. This is the first time I have been inside her room. This is a small single room where in school hostel.

Everything is neat and tidy. And I see the cute Lego which is half way finished. And a lot of school books and other books as well “Nerd”  and the skateboard get my attention. “You skate?” “yes..usually” “but I never seen you skate” “well..I only skate when I go outside not school.” “I want to learn how to skate…can you teach me?” she rolls her eyes and think a little bit “well….I mean..yup if you want to so”  “Great now...” I talk as I take her skateboard and about to go outside. “Now?..you said you want to do for the project?” “changed my mind”

I like that she never complains about what I did and do together whatever I want. But I think like she is doing those things because she is scared of me or she agrees to do together because I want to do. “Okay..I will unhand your hand ..you just need to keep balance and speed….slowly…slowly….okay..go” She just abandon my trembling hands and I keep going. But she did not teach me how to stop so I jump from the board and here I am, falling down. “Eom ma ya..”  “Ya nayeon..omg” she runs to me quick and looks at me with her worry eyes.

“Nayeon..are you okay ..can you stand up ..we should move to nearest bench” she hold my shoulder and helps me to stand up. But I can’t, one of my leg is really hurt even without bleeding. “Arg…..that’s hurt” “where? Where you hurt ? “ “I don’t know but I think that’s my anklet…yaw I said that’s hurt…why you touch my anklet?” She shook by my screaming “I was just checking where you hurt and why?.....I think something just go wrong with your anklet…so we should go to the clinic now” “Okay..I will try to walk with one leg first” “No.no ..here” she sit back facing in front of me and pat points her back “get on..let’s move to nearest bench”

“Hmm….oh…okay..I will “ I got surprised by her offer. But at the same time, I want too. “don’t tell any word starts with ‘F’ or ‘H’ ….my body is light” I warn her before she complains about my weight. But she lifts me like a feather and “I don’t care whatever you are …but time like this..I don’t know so much energy from where come to me. ..so even though you are fat or heavy ..I can still carry you…so don’t worry.” My free hand just knock her head. “ya..give some respect…your body is on my back..I can throw away any time.” “shut up Jeongyeon…too noisy”

“Hello..Mr David…can you come to me right now..I need help..okay..realy quick ya” beside me Jeongyeon is looking at me while her hand is supporting her jaw. “why are you asking help from someone ..we can go by ourselves” I furrow my eyebrows “okay..can you drive?” “No I can’t but we can go by taxi “ “Taxi? Taxi is not my style…I never ride the taxi “ “then you should now” “just shut up and stay quiet” “Come on let’s go.get on” “No..we can just wait him here” “no we will go by ourselves…don’t rely on someone else always..come on..we can do that”

I sigh and swallowing all of my anger then I just get on “okay..where are we going?” “taxi stand” “do you know where is the clinic?” “we can ask the taxi driver or search google” “Taxi…..” “hello good morning..where to ladies?” “hi..perhaps do you know any nearest clinic? My friend got injured in the park” “oh..okay..I will send you to the nearest clinic..don’t worry” “thank you sir” this is my first time riding the Taxi. And I am glad that my first experience is with her. I look at her who is talking nonstop with the taxi driver about news.

“So Miss…I will out the medicine bandage for you..but this cannot be wet so take care when you shower. Put plastic bag on the anklet when you take a shower and those are pain killer…take only when that is painful” “Okay…that’s all right ?” “yes miss…that’s it” The doctor helps me to walk to the door. “Ya..is your soul out of your mind? Why are you sitting like a statue” “nayeon…we forgot to bring back my skateboard” She talks slowly. “So what? I don’t want to see that skateboard which is trying to kill me” “But that’s mine” she hurry and force piggyback and runs to the taxi stand.

“What’s wrong with you? Where are we going again?” She doesn’t talk anything. She is like praying by putting her palms together. Now we are at the park again and she let me sit on the bench and she is like looking for something hurry. After 30 minutes, she is back to me with her sweating body. And suddenly she become thin, she looks tired. “Are you looking for your skateboard?” She nods tiredly. “I think someone took already…that’s my fault …I will buy new one for you….very expensive one” She faces me biting her lips and she looks serious all of a sudden “Not any skateboard will be compared to that skateboard…” I laugh at her “what…is your skateboard decorated with the diamond..you are so funny Jeongyeon”

“that was my father birthday gift for me” I make a wary face “so what? You can ask him to buy another one for you” this time she looks at the sky. She looks like she will cry anytime soon. “So drama..” I think. “that’s we his last gift to me…and that was his last day being with us.” I lost words..and I am being stupid that I don’t get what she means “Why ..divorce ?”  She is still looking at the sky and smile at my question. I think like does she ever has upset or angry at someone? She is like being okay with everyone and always has positive thinking. “Divorce will be better..I wish he can go shopping in heaven and throw the new skateboard to me from the heaven…” she laughs at her nonsense thought and she laughs.

I saw the tear fell from her face when she laughs. I become speechless. This is the first time I want to say sorry to someone and comfort by hugging but I can’t move. My body is not following to my mind. So I just stay still. Then she turns to me and looks at me smiling “It’s okay…skateboard is dangerous and that even made you to get injured..I don’t mind giving up that skateboard” I know she is lying. Her eyes tell everything.

“Okay…get on…I will send you to home” I stay silent for all the way. Now here we are in front of my condo. “Is this your house?” “”No, this is just my private place. I stay with my family in other house but come here often when I want to stay alone.” She helps me to sit on the couch. Then she looks around

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter