Chapter 10

Thank you for everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note :  This one is long chapter. Sorry that I couldn’t be able to stop writing.

 

Nayeon’s POV             

 

        “Ya Yoo Jeongyeon..make the soup for me..I’m sick” I order her. She is still sleepy and her eyes are only half opening. “5 more minutes..please” then she jumps herself beside me on the bed. “Ya..who allows you to sleep here? Go and sleep on the couch in living room. I even kick her but she is sleeping still like a dead body “Ya..are you testing my temper?” I give her one final strong kick and leave to the bathroom to wash.

        Then I sit in the living room and order fast food delivery. My fever is still not completely gone yet and I kind of feel dizzy. I need to smoke. I take out cigarette, put on my lips and about to light up. Someone just take out the cigarette and throw on the table. “ya.. neo michyeoss-eo (are you crazy) ??”  “Heol..you are the one crazy …who smoke when still in fever.”  “Yup..that’s my life..not yours ..MYOB “   “I just don’t want you get high fever again..you can smoke when fever is gone..please I beg you..okay?”  I crack my neck and act like fighter “Ya..I don’t want to curse early in the morning”  “Whatever…I don’t even if you curse……..I will make you chicken soup..healthy one” she goes inside the kitchen and prepare to make soup. “Ding Dong…” That’s the sound I’m waiting for.

        “Pizza Delivery”  “your charge” “thank you ..have a ….”  He haven’t finished yet but I close the door fast. I am that rude. “Pizza? Sorry about that but that also will make you to go your fever up..for this day you should have only the soup”  “Are you f**king kidding me right now? Don’t stop me this time, I am going to eat this” “Well…if your fever up this time, I will call your parents” My hand holding the pizza is in the air and stops in front of my mouth. I know what will happen if my parents know.

                I take a long breath in and out. “okay…is the soup ready” “5 more minutes please”  She prepare the soup for me, put the bowl on the table and prepare the spoon and water as well. And she bring me to the chair and ask me to sit. Then she sit in front of me “Try this” As usual she is waiting for my first taste and complainants  “How’s that”  “not bad…Korean taste” I keep on eating the soup until nothing left. The soup was really good and give me energy.

                “so Nayeon..now we seriously need to do the project. Tomorrow is Christmas eve and then Christmas day, Those two days, you will be busy again so I really have to do the project today.” “Why? We can do during those two days as well.” She looks at me surprised “Don’t spend time with your family? Christmas is all about having great time with family.”  I take back at her explain. “Well, they are busy as usual and I am also not the type want to spend time with family in Christmas”

                “You are so different with me. I always want to spend time with my family. Before my father passed away, my dad, mother and I are always together in Christmas, visiting relatives, playing games, cook delicious food, changing the presents,” She laughs but her laugh is not alive “I always give ridiculous present to my parents, but they love it. And at the end of the day, they both told me the bed time story and we slept together in my small bed. Those are the good times but after my dad passed away, Christmas is like nightmare to me. I wish there is no Christmas without my father. I cry when I saw my mother crying secretly. I remember that Christmas day, my mother gave me the scarf that she did herself. I said sorry to her because I have nothing to give her so she asked me one promise for the Christmas present that we try hard and will run away from this mess and live happily in other place …other place far far away from home town”

                I still have full fill that promise for her. But I am in the process; I think it will be soon. So what I want to tell you is treasure while you still have chance. And if not, all you will get later is regrets….and that’s pretty hurt.” She wipes her single tear drop from her eye. “Okay..let’s start the project”

                After about 4 hours,

                “wow..I really impress at your report. I notice that you are really good at writing. You only need sources. I will find and collect the sources and research for you and you will write the report based on those. That’s the great plan though. Writing report is not easy task as well.”  “Can we take a break?” “Of course Nayeon...about an hour?” “okay…okay” “Btw Where’s Alice?” “How do I know? I’m not her PA” “sorry..you are her friend ..so I thought you may” “I also never see her start from the holiday school break”

                “Ya..why are you eating my pizzas” “I’m hungry…let me eat”  “ya…..” when I am about to hit her my phone is ringing  “Hello Mina….sup my friend?”  “Hello..Nayeon how are you?” I can hear Mina’s worry voice “yes I’m fine why?” “I heard that you are sick with high fever” I look at Jeongyeon and furrow my eye brows. I guess Jeongyeon gets the sign already she runs to the kitchen and leave from my sight. “How do you know Mina?” “Yesterday I was with Jeongyeon then you called her to come. After she left, she called me and told me about your fever. She even asked me about what kind of food you like and what kind of medicine you have allergies” I raise my eyebrows up “Really?” “yes…so are you okay now?” “well…fever is still left but nothing serious anymore…it will be gone today” “thanks god…hmm…is Jeongyeon still there?” “yes..she is doing the project” “aww..okay..please tell her that I miss her already” “Hmm..aww…okay…I will…”  “bye Nayeon..talk to you later”  “k ..bye” I end the call but kind of curious questions hit my brain. “why does Mina seem so close to Jeongyeon? And Mina is being excited when she talks about Jeongyeon…not as usual”

                “So Miss Nayeon….do you want snacks for break time?”    “ Nah..I will just smoke”

Jeongyeon’s POV

 

 We continue doing the project the whole night and fall sleep about sun rise. When I wake up in the afternoon, I see her still falling in sleep soundly on the couch. She looks so cute sleeping like a kid. I make sure her blanket is covering her whole body then my eyes reach to her face and I am closely looking at her face features. She doesn’t smile easily and always act cool but when she smiles, I always try to catch on. I forgot everything for a moment just to see her smile. I notice that when her smile, her lips look like a heart shape. That’s cute.

Then I feel myself that I do kind of look like a creepy so I step back and start to clean the living room. After I finished cleaning, I start to cook for the simple food. I think the fried egg smell can wake up Nayeon successfully. Finally, her half sleepy face appears in the kitchen. She casually sits on the dining chair and waiting for the food. “sorry Miss..no breakfast for people never wash their face” I sit in front of her and shows her purposely I am eating full mouth. But unfortunately this choke me, I try not to cough in front of her and staying still. She side glance at me and leave to the bathroom to wash. Finally, I can freely cough and drink water.

“So, are you going back to your home today? If you are going back I will leave now..we will continue our project after the Christmas” I am talking while judging her face secretly. “Don’t leave, I will spend my Christmas on here”  “why? Not with your family”  I can hear her sigh “I told you I don’t like spending time with my family..” I don’t know how to tell her anymore but I wish I was her then I can spend time with my family.

When I finish eating, I am at the basin washing the plates. Then she talks to me “Jeongyeon…can teach me how to spend time with family for Christmas this year then I can do that for next year Christmas” I continue washing the dish but my mouth is so wild smiling at her request. Then I accept her request “Okay..” and I whisper to myself “I would love to spend with you Nayeon”

Now we are in the living room, and I am looking at her smoking. I really hate those smokes but if she loves to stay among smokes, why I can’t? I wait patiently until she finished smoking because I already knew that she lost contact with the world while she is smoking and as soon as she opens her hazy eyes. I give her the water bottle to relax her mind a little bit. “So what’s the plan for today?”  “Well, tomorrow is Christmas so we are going to shopping for the Christmas tree decoration and buy food” she furrow by the idea of the tree. “I don’t like having a tree in my apartment” “But that’s not normal tree, it’s Christmas tree so …” “No ..never…I have allergies to the Christmas tree..”

“Really? ..I never knew that” I always take note about what she likes and what she doesn’t as possible as I can and I take note about this new fact about her too. “Okay..We can do other things as well..Let’s go shopping” 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter