Chapter 1

Thank you for everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



CHAPTER 1 
 
Winter chocked the land as a pale, winter's moon hung high in the sky. Christmas is fast approaching which means many people were walking around the busy streets of Seoul, trying to find the perfect gifts to give to their children or lover. 


The skies above were an unholy mixture of shale-grey clouds and pasty streaks, as if stifling the world with its icy breath. A group of kids are waiting impatiently for snow to finally flood the ground with its polar-white skin. 


        A luxury car halted in front of the N hotel. One of the hotel staffs opened the car's door, waiting for a specific person to come out. The skin-seeping cold hits the lady as soon as she comes out of the car. She covers up her whole body with the long coat she's already wearing and quickly walks inside the hotel. 


        The fair lady holds the book firmly and walks straight to the hotel's ball room. She walks inside, the staffs greeting and complimenting her beauty.


A staff approached her. "A lot of people came, Miss ;much more than we had predicted. We even ran out of chairs so we had to look for more." She looks at the staff and smiles before continuing her steps, her staff trailing behind her.


        People in the ball room became quiet as soon as they noticed the lady walking in, their eyes followed her every movement until she took a seat on the center of the stage; everyone started to whisper.


“Oh, she is really young. I thought she was on her mid 30s." 


"She is absolutely gorgeous.”


"Is this book based on her own story?”


"She looks cold as ice.” 


"She is young but did a good job in writing. I'm really impressed."


        Finally, the lady speaks. “Goodevening, everyone. It's very nice to see you here for the first time. I really appreciate that many people read the book I've written. So tonight, as an early Christmas present, I'm reading this book to all of you. I know that you all already finished reading it, but I'm reading this book as one of the characters in the story. Honestly, after I finished writing this book," She raised the book for everyone to see. "I never dared to read it because it suffocates me every time I tried." She stops for a while and sighs. “But this time, I will master up all my courage to read this book with all of my heart, and I also want someone to listen to my last chapter as well.” Her eyes captured the sight of the lady, same age as she is right now, sitting in the third row. 


"Some of you might've already know what I meant." Her voice is starting to sound shaky, her tears was about to fall, but she held it in. She doesn't want people to see her this pathetic. 


Someone handed her a water and she immediately gulped it down. “I'm sorry about that. Now, let's get started, shall we?"
 

 
Nayeon’s POV
        “So, sweetheart. Are you sure that you choose business management as your final major?” Dad asked me for the nth time.


"Of course she had to choose that major, Hon. She wants to take over the business someday and help her Dad, right sweetheart?" My mother turned to face me. I nodded. 


My father looked at me confused, as if I'm not being in my true self. "Look, Nayeon. You don't have to help me; you can choose whatever profession you want, I'll support you. We won't force you to choose what we want. Just be yourself." Dad held my hands, and looked straight into my eyes. 


He really does know me, but I really have to choose BM because mom promised me to buy the Ferrari car I've always wanted to have. 


        My mom looked at me expectantly. I sighed. Once I agreed on this, there's no turning back. “Dad, I told you it's what I like. I'm really interested in that major, 100% sure. Seeing you manage the business, how you lead the company to success, is what really captures my attention." I said. Although I didn't mean it, I'm ready to take the challenge. 


He smiled at me. “Okay. If that's what you really like, then, you can choose BM. I was just afraid that you're just forcing yourself and not choosing the one your heart desires." Dad’s words made me think for a bit. The one from my heart? I, myself, don’t even know what I really wanted. Ugrh, why do I have to think about it when my parents are ing rich that I can just do nothing.


"Okay, then settle with that major." Dad pats the crown of my head. "If you need anything, tell me, sweetheart. Good luck on your new journey. And do prepare yourself for the adult life, have fun in school and enjoy your life as an university student." He stood up and hugged me. "Cherish the memory, Nayeon.” 


"I love you, Dad." I hugged him back.


________


        I went to visit Min

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter