Chapter 5

Thank you for everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nayeon’s POV

 

                I felt so sleepy and did not hear anything what the old man said. Then I wake up by the bell ring. As soon as the class finished, Alice runs to me and even dance “Woo..Nayeon we are in same group..come on high five..we should move this celebration to the club tonight..how about that?” whenever she talks about the club (not class) her eyes are shine bright like a diamond. Always club, party, dancing and alcohol. I like those things too but not as much as she does. I high five her first then “okay..what’s group?what are you talking about?”  “OMG Nayeon…are you in other world just now? The faci just assigned the project and the teams. You, I and are in the same group and the one more team members with us..” She stops talking and looks at that nerd who is walking directly to us.

“Hello…my teammates nice to meet you..my name is Yoo Jeongyeon and you can call me Jeongyeon” No way. Is she in the same group? Aish that grey head old man. “So, one of you might knew about that project and the result is very important for the year end final score. So we have to try hard so this project okay?” She is looking at us with full hope. Just before I answer “Hell no…I’m not”, the girl group who helped her last time come to her and “We really want to be in the same group with you but unfortunately” She looks so fake trying to be cute. “You girls can ask any help for the project to me anytime…also we can study together sometimes as well.”

 “Hmm..that would be great..please don’t ignore the phone call from us..that will be really neomuhae..” she pouts. The softer & the more fake things she does, the more I want to vomit. Is she flirting to this nerd?..Eww… “How can I ignore such pretty girls’ phone calls? Don’t worry” “Awwn..that’s sweet of you..” she glances at us and “Okay..we will go for now..see ya ..bye” She even squeeze her cheeks and finally they leave. She rubs her cheeks and turn to us. Finally she remembers we are still here.

“So shall we meet for the project meeting in the library after school?” Alice wide her eyes “Project meeting? After class? Library?” she touch her forehead “Those words make me feel my blood pressure goes up” She laughs with her eyes smile at Alice words and then glance at me and move her eyes back to Alice. “Well..before it gets serious, you should take medicine faster. Anyways see you two after the class..shall we exchange our phone numbers?” Alice takes that nerd’s phone “Okay..I will put both of us phone numbers..just tell your phone numbers, I will take note in my brain” That nerd seems surprised “Oh..okay my phone number is….  Wait you sure you remember…I can write down” Alice stops her “No ..no ..it’s okay..I remember see ya Jeongyeon.. bye”

Alice holds my hand and walks out faster. “Great Alice..do you even know where is the library?” “You think I know where?” “My bad…so are we going after the class?” “I am but I will come later, I have to meet with my friend first…you go first”  “Okay..btw Alice..can give me the address where to buy the cigarettes? I will go and buy after project meeting” “Okay..here the address..phone number and the dealer name is Peter. He is James’s friend” My eyes go wide by hearing that name “Jame’s friend? ’s friend will be too” I furrow my eyebrows “But he sells amazing stuffs” She winks.

Oh goah finally I found this damn library. It took me like an hour to find this library. I wonder why she still not calling my phone. I also don’t have her phone number so how can I find her. Oh there she is ..borrowing the book? “Hey…finally you are here..I called you and your friend’s phone number but both are wrong numbers.” She talks to me while scratching her head.” “Wrong number ? why? Show me the phone numbers” It feels quit weird to talk with the one who I bully. I check the phone numbers “Wait..both are not ours “ now I know Alice must put the wrong numbers not to call us for the project meeting. She also seems got that now. “Okay..give me real ones later..so shall we go and sit? I sit the place no so far” “Okay..” “Is Alice not coming?” “She said she will but I don’t think so”

She sighs “well we will try to catch her later…now let’s discuss about what we should do and draw the time tables for the process of the project.” I laugh at her serious topic “Well…I am going to be honest here..I am not really interested in the project..and I won’t do any of that” She stops at what she is doing and looks at me “Then you will fail” “Do I look care about that?” She raise her spectacles and thinking about what she should do “Nayeon..do you ever hear the word called ‘pride’ before?”

“Do you think I’m a kid ..of course I know” she is seriously annoying. “You may know the meaning of that word but you don’t know where to use that in real life…. Whatever you are doing in the school and your society you think you are being so cool and in other eyes also  they will think of you that you are brave, cool & can fight with me anytime she wants. But they don’t. In high school they ma but now you are university students and they are too. We are here to catch our dream seriously and there is no time to playful like in high school. So, if you fail, they will think you do those kinds of stupid stuffs that’s why she fails. But if you pass, they will say that even though you are playful, still trying and pass. Your parents also will be proud of you. Do you notice that parents are like If their child who is doing bad things all the time make just a small single good thing, they will praise the child more than the child who doing good things all the time. They will give you the marks and respect. The pride is that you respect yourself then other people will respect you like how you do yourself. So,  how abo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter