Beds

88.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Saying bye was bittersweet. Quite a few of them had gotten job offers in China, so they were heading back, saying that they would come visit.


The three of them were trying to settle in for a week before starting work. Kyungsoo was visibly nervous, and he didn’t get nervous for much. Chaeyeon, on the other hand, was completely bored at the thought.


“I’m going to be a corporate slave.” She slumped down on to Jongin’s bed that he had just moved into the new, tiny apartment. He finally had no roommate, but Chaeyeon and Kyungsoo would be over so often that he wasn’t sure that he could actually say that.


“We both are,” Jongin yawned, plugging in his lamp. Chaeyeon rolled herself up and starts putting the sheets on the bare mattress.


“Yeah, but you won’t be living with your parents.”


She had said the same thing several times in the last few weeks, but he knew that her parents were slowly getting more and more control over her life. Now that they were all working for the same company, they would have their eye on Chaeyeon all the time.


She was saying goodbye to all the late nights together, and saying goodbye to her freedom.


She knew it too. Her parents were already demanding that she be home early and for her to prepare for the job. The few hours of peace that she did have was spent worrying about her future anyway. Jongin couldn’t exactly blame her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter