Last Words

88.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Kyungsoo was growing increasingly snappy with everyone. Jongin understood his grouchiness when Kyungsoo was with Baekhyun or Chanyeol, because that was normal. But when Kyungsoo had snapped at Jongin when they were sitting in Junmyeon’s apartment, Jongin had had enough.


“I know you’re stressed, and we all are, but don’t take it out on me.”


The others quiet. Jongin and Kyungsoo didn’t really argue. Kyungsoo and Chaeyeon did, but those were small, stupid arguments. Jongin and Kyungsoo were different.


“Sorry,” Kyungsoo mumbled after a few moments. “Stressed.”


To be fair, everyone else looked a lot better off. Minseok and Junmyeon loved their jobs, and that made Jongin a little bitter.


“Where’s Chaeyeon?” Sehun asked, curling up on his cushion.


“At home or at the office,” Kyungsoo answered dully. “She looks like she’s running herself into an early grave again.”


“Only time she gets out is when her parents are trying to set her up with a guy.” Jongin wrinkled his nose. “Her parents keep saying overworking and making connections will help her move up, and it might, but she’s miserable.”


“It won’t help.” Kyungsoo shook his head. “Not if she’s forced to do other people’s work and is being set up with unpleasant people. Jongin, you might have been on to something about Junmyeon.”


Junmyeon raised his head. “Do I want to know?”


Please Subscribe to read the full chapter