White Dolphin

88.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


They sat on the edge of the pier on the waterfront of Tai O, a quaint little fishing village. Because of the water, the air was a little cooler, but they both fan themselves from the heat, deciding to escape into the shade of the shops of the waterfront.


The stilted fishing village was the last of its kind in the world, and because of that, there was a kind of poignancy in the air of the place. The two of the end up on a boat that was motoring around, trying to find an elusive colony of Chinese white dolphins.


Their eyes are on the horizon, and then they see a lithe shape jump above the waves, and they inhale sharply. Apparently, they’re the only ones who saw it, and there were no others that made just a flashy showing.


The tour guide was talking over the crowd, saying something about the animal’s associated myth, where one reunited a pair of lovers, and became a symbol of love and was believed to join two hearts that belong together.


“And now they’re dying from pollution.” Chaeyeon whispered matter-of-factly to Jongin, who bit his lip, trying to stop his laugh as she added, “What does that say about love?”


He didn’t think that he would fall in love. He was useless at dating, spent all of his time studying or dancing or in Chaeyeon’s apartment, and he would need a large, glaring sign that pointed him in the right direction if things ever got serious.


“What do you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter