Clenched

88.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



DOUBLE UPDATE. GO BACK AND READ THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY.


As funny as the notion was to set Chaeyeon up with Junmyeon, the two of them knew better. Jongin watched as she nearly stumbled over her own feet with bleary eyes, a tired smile spreading over her face.


“Hey.”


“When’s the last time you properly slept?”


She shrugged, tilting her head against his shoulder as Jongin ate. Lately, he hadn’t seen her eat either, and it was turning into a problem. She was losing weight and muscle mass. And that made him lose his appetite.


“Eat.”


She opened slightly as she kept her eyes shut, and Jongin slipped half an apple slice through her lips, watching her chew slowly. She dozed off, not long after, and Jongin didn’t bother waking her up even as their lunch break was ending. Sure, the two of them would be a little late, and Jongin would probably be scolded, it was worth the five extra minutes of sleep that she got.


Was this even what she signed up for? She didn’t want to get into business and finance in the first place, and her parents were her bosses, which made her job even worse. She didn’t say anything about it, but he knew that the fact that her parents were in charge of her work probably made her job tougher, because she had to work twice as hard in order to deal with her colleagues saying she got the job because of her parents.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter