Charm Killer

Fifth Season
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“All the days are filled with memories of you

You’re all main in my life, everyday”

 

 

Seongwoo gasped. His eyes flashed open and he beckoned forward, having a nauseous feeling. He groaned immediately and placed his palm on to his head to support it from tipping over from dizziness.

 

“So you’re awake?” Instructor Kang asked.

 

Seongwoo’s attention drifted to the man standing by the door in the tiny room where he was resting.

 

“Where am I, coach?” Seongwoo asked, scratching his head.

 

“You literally fainted from the sight of blood when you were trying to impress your best friend but you fell from the bean bag and I have to carry you here, to the small room behind the counter because of your careless move,” Instructor Kang rolled his eyes.

 

“My… best friend?” Seongwoo’s eyes widen as he registered everything that his coach had told him. “Where’s Da Young now?”

 

Instructor Kang said nothing but held the doorknob, opening a tiny gap slowly. He glanced back at Seongwoo before looking back at the door.

 

Seongwoo took this as an answer to move away from the bed. He stood in front of his coach and peeked through the small gap that shed light into the tiny room.

 

“Apparently, she is talking to the person who was in the room for a long time… do they know one another?” The coach was explaining the situation as Seongwoo continued to observe.

 

Seongwoo tried to catch the boy’s appearance but his head was facing the opposite direction. He waited, and waited- until the boy turned around. Seongwoo’s eyes widen.

 

✩ ✩ ✩

 

 

“Da Young?” It was the first word that the boy had said when he met the perplexed girl’s eyes. He was equally baffled but he managed to maintain his shock.

 

He glanced around uncomfortably after the girl had given no signs of reply.

 

“What are you doing… here? This doesn’t seem like the place you would go to…” the boy continued, scratching his head.

 

“I can ask you the same thing…” Da Young opened for the first time after encountering him. “What are you doing here, Ji Hoon?”

 

“Boxing,” he replied shortly.

 

“I never know you box.”

 

“You don’t know a lot about me,” Ji Hoon gave her a small smile.

 

“Yeah… I don’t,” Da Young nodded her head slowly. “But that’s cool.”

 

“That’s why I told you I want to be friends with you,” Ji Hoon replied.

 

“I’m trying to, but I can’t. It’s too hard,” she answered.

 

“Why is it hard? I haven’t even seen you try… yet.”

 

“Everyone did it,” Da Young said. “They tried and tell me I shouldn’t mess around with the boy who shook the entire school.”

 

“Who said that?” Ji Hoon asked. “I don’t see anyone doing it.”

 

Da Young gave him a sad smile. “Of course you don’t. They do it behind your back.” And with that, she started to remember what had happened today, just after their biology class was over.

 

She quickly packed her things, placed them into her bag. She could not deal with the immerse stares and glares she was getting. She was the quiet girl this entire time, and after this particular boy was transferred here, everything went downhill.

 

She made her way to the door- just as she felt a yank on her arm. She gasped as the force pulled her away from her designated route.

 

“Where do you think you’re going, Da Young?” The person who yanked her arm asked. Da Young could not see the person’s face but she knew that it was Herim, the school’s most annoying girl in the world.

 

“I’m going to my next class, damn it,” she replied without looking at the witch’s face. She had a lot of friends who were in the school’s student body and she knew Herim hated each and everyone of them, including her who was no one special at all.

 

Da Young glanced around the classroom to find help but the classroom was empty, except for Da Young, Herim and her little equally witch-like friends.

 

“What do you want?” Da Young glanced up and rolled her eyes directly at Herim. “I’m going to be late if you continue to drag on. I know education is not that important to you but it is to me, because it can help me do so much for things than being held back by some boring girl that wants to ruin me. So, what on earth do you want? Spit it out or leave me alone.”

 

Herim’s group gasped immediately. Their eyes widen and they glanced at their leader, waiting for her to attack Da Young but she did nothing.

 

Instead, her teeth were gritted. She was staring daggers at the impatient girl and started to dig her nails into Da Young’s arm, drawing a little blood.

 

Da Young jumped a little and tried to escape her grip, only to make Herim dig into her skin harder.

 

Herim pulled the girl forward, so they were only an inch apart from one another and continued to stare at her.

 

“Look, student body wannabe,” Herim snared. “I don’t care what you want to be, but you should better get away from Park Ji Hoon. Tell the teacher that you want to be with Nam Il instead so Ji Hoon can be my partner. And you better not insult me! You’re just a measly nobody that is getting all the attention out of nowhere… I don’t like it and neither should you.” Herim pushed Da Young’s arm away. “You just made an enemy, Im Da Young.”

 

“Well, I’m glad you know my name, the name of a measly nobody,” Da Young replied, trying to ignore the pain on her arm. “Well it seems as if a measly nobody can also be a threat to you. You’re such a weakling, Herim, and I hope you can become stronger and try to pick on someone your own size.”

 

With that, Da Young walked out of the classroom.

 

“Hello Da Young?” Ji Hoon snapped a hand at Da Young’s face, bringing her back to reality.

 

Da Young took a sharp inhale before looking at him. “What?”

 

“You were daydreaming? What happened after bio class?” He asked.

 

“Nothing,” Da Young covered up the problem with a smile. “Nothing at all.”

 

“It’s not nothing,” Ji Hoon replied.

 

“You’re dripping wet,” Da Young tried to diverge the topic by observing him.

 

“I have been for a while already. Now answer me,” he said.

 

“There’s nothing to say to you,” Da Young answered, not making eye contact with the boy in front of her.

 

They fell silent. But the silent never lasted long.

 

“Da Young! Where are you?” Da Young recognized her best friend’s voice. He was shouting from afar.

 

“Yo-you’re awake?” Da Young turned her head around to the counter where she had seen Seongwoo and his coach disappear into a room behind it.

 

Seongwoo emerged from the counter; his left hand holding his head while his right hand was waving at the girl.

 

He kept smiling until he reached the frail girl and wrapped her into his embrace. “Do you miss me?” He whispered, resting his head on her shoulder, glancing down on the ground. He was ignoring Ji Hoon.

 

“Do I miss you?” Da Young raised her eyebrow. “More like I was so worried when you fainted…” And she pushed her tall friend off her. “Don’t hug me like that.”

 

Seongwoo did not give up. He saw another opportunity and slung his arm around Da Young’s shoulder. Da Young gave a yelp. Seongwoo didn’t mind the small girl and peeked at Ji Hoon, smirking slightly when he realized that the boy was uncomfortable, shifting his weight from one foot to the other. He enjoyed it.

 

Seongwoo lost his balance and stumbled a little, almost falling onto the ground with Da Young if it weren’t for Ji Hoon to grip on Da Young’s waist.

 

Da Young’s face flared immediately and Ji Hoon quickly let go of her waist before standing a safe distance from the duo.

 

Thank you, Seongwoo hea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter