Wildest Memories

Fifth Season
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Despite getting exhausted because it’s hard,

I gain strength when I think of you looking at me, smiling.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Stupid… Why have you always forget the most crucial moment in life, Park Ji Hoon? He asked himself. His legs were striding forward, taking large steps to walk faster. Bead of sweat started to drip down his head but he couldn’t care less. He could just ignore that moment… he was going to face the consequences anyways. But he couldn’t.

 

He stopped in his tracks, at the mouth of the newly built concrete path walk. And started to glance around the entire green scenery he was currently looking at. The large oak trees on his left were dancing gently with the wind while on his right was a gigantic playground that was filled with many activities. He could see children and adults equally happy to be there. Some children were swinging across a monkey bar to the next; others were either on the swings, slides, see-saw or a shaky bridge that needed people to cross to get to the other side.

 

Ji Hoon smiled. He really wants to play there but he had no time at all. He ditched his friends just to come to the plain park. He felt sorry but he had to.

 

“Ji Hoon! Where are you going?” Guan Lin grabbed Ji Hoon’s wrist after the boy had read a message on his phone. The chill face of Ji Hoon turned into a worried looking face.

 

“I-I have to go now,” Ji Hoon replied, feeling a little sorry. His eyes were still on the screen of his phone. His thumb sliding up the screen. He glanced up at Guan Lin and bowed his head. “Something urgent came up… please tell Woo Jin I’m sorry and the other two that I have to leave early.”

 

Guan Lin opened his mouth to protested but it was too late. Ji Hoon had already disappeared into the crowd.

 

“Ji Hoon, you’re literally a pabo,” Ji Hoon scratched his brown head stressfully, letting out a grunt. He snapped his head and looked forward again. He realized he was standing in the middle of the path walk, disrupting a few people’s jogging. “Sorry,” he muttered, avoiding everyone’s gaze.

 

He sighed and looked up again. “Why… why did he suggest to come to this park? Don’t you know how large this entire place is?” He asked, frowning slightly.

 

He stood there quietly for a couple of minutes more before taking a step forward.

 

“Let’s do this!” Ji Hoon encouraged himself, as he continued to take more steps forward, deeper into the humongous park.

 

✩✩✩

 

 

“Unnie!! I want to go to the playground with Ji Woon!!”

 

“Noona! I want to sit on the bench for a while!”

 

The two kids started to pull and push the older girl to opposite directions. Da Young was really tired after spending the entire three hours with them right after she had dismiss from school. Her bag was heavy on her shoulders and she felt as if her shoulders would fall any moment now.

 

“Ji Woon. Da Rim. Can you please let me rest for a while? You guys have been talking and chatting the entire time,” Da Young opened after a while. She felt annoyed but she couldn’t show it to the little children.

 

The two kids immediately kept quiet. They stared at Da Young and blinked. Before they started their scenes again.

 

“Unnie! Please?”

 

“Noona! I want to get ice cream now!”

 

Unnie this. Noona that. Da Young had enough.

 

“How about we go to the flower garden?” She asked, glancing at the two little children. She bent down to reach their height. “I saw a flower garden in this park and I would like to bring you guys to see it… can I?”

 

“Why must we go and see boring flowers?” Ji Woon pouted.

 

“How are they boring, Ji Woon?” Da Young glanced at the boy.

 

“Because all the flowers are mostly blue or green! And all the flowers I see in my house is white… because my mom loves them,” Ji Woon replied, frowning slightly.

 

“And what colors would you like to see?” She asked slowly.

 

At that, Ji Woon immediately brightens up. “Pink!” He squealed. “I love pink! My hyung also loves pink!”

 

Da Young was a little taken back by his reply. “Pi…pink?” She asked. Pink was a really common color in the flower world and it was definitely surprising when Ji Woon said he had never seen any pink flowers before. But she immediately recovered from her overwhelming shock and gave the small boy a gigantic smile. “Let’s go see them, shall we? The flower garden has plenty!”

 

Giddily, the smiling boy jumped up and laughed, holding onto Da Young’s hand and the trio headed to the flower park.

 

Minutes before a scream rang through the garden.

 

✩✩✩

 

Ji Hoon was startled. By the sudden scream. He was about to ignore it and walked his way off- until he realized that it all sounded familiar to him.

 

Ji Woon, he thought to himself. His eyes widen when he recognized the scream. He wasted no time at all as he ran straight to where the voice was.

 

✩✩✩

 

“What’s wrong?” Da Young immediately fell straight onto the concrete ground, scraping her knees a little but she never care, and looked into the panicked boy’s eyes. She was holding him by the shoulders, supporting the crying boy from falling over. She grew more and more worried and anxious since she did not know what to do right now.

 

Tears started to spill from his eyes, splashing and smearing his cheeks before they stained the ground.

 

“What’s wrong, Ji Woon?” Da Young asked again, trying to get the little boy to look at her. To tell her what was wrong.

 

Da Rim was scared as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter