Trouble after Trouble

Fifth Season
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’ll stay by your side, the one who’s so beautiful

I forgot the way to stay away from you.”

 

 

Promises. Da Young made many of them with Ji Hoon. And promises were meant to be kept. And that was what Ji Hoon did.

 

Ji Hoon also made promises with Da Young; to be with her no matter what in return of going back to school. It seem like no big deal to anyone but to both Da Young and Ji Hoon, it meant more education could lead to bigger opportunities. So, because of that, they still went to school as usual.

 

The school however, had heard of the news of Da Young’s suicide attempts. And because of that, many teachers started to teach their students that suicide is never the answer and kept tabs on Da Young. Some students and friends of Da Young always asked if she was okay, to ensure that she was comfortable. While others avoiding her, some including Herim, decided to take this news as a joke.

 

“Hey Da Young! Are you planning another suicide? If you are, please remember to call us so we can witness it!” someone from Herim’s clique called out. People from the group snickered and snorted, people around them stared dirtily at them.

 

“Don’t listen to them,” Yena pulled her friend’s arm closer to her. “They are useless.”

 

“How about you plan your own suicide and call us because I think you’ll be the first one to die?” Seongwoo shouted back at them.

 

Da Young’s eyes widen and pulled Seongwoo back to her. “Don’t… Seongwoo, please don’t.”

 

“Ong Seongwoo?” A firm voice called Seongwoo, grabbing everyone’s attention. She was a woman in her mid 40s. Her hair was tied back tightly in a bun behind her head and a pair of frail looking glasses sat on the tip of her nose.

 

“Hello, Mrs. Han,” Seongwoo bowed slightly, looking at the ground.

 

“Did I hear correctly? I think I did hear you telling your friend to… die… Is it?” Mrs. Han asked.

 

“It wasn’t for that reason-“ Seongwoo tried.

 

“You do know that this is not kind at all,” Mrs. Han continued.

 

“She told Da Young to die! To die again! What am I suppose to do then?” Seongwoo snapped. “Am I just suppose to watch her get curse and talked about when all you teachers just stopped, stared and tell other people to not be like her? What are you guys going exactly? Why aren’t you telling others to be respectful to others, to be kind and all sorts like that?”

 

Mrs. Han just stared at Seongwoo and then at Da Young wordlessly. She opened to say something but she closed it back. Da Young could almost see a glint of sorrow in her eyes but it was quickly recovered into her stone hard face once again. “Mr. Ong, detention for this entire week,” she said before walking away.

 

“Why doesn’t she understand?” Seongwoo whispered just as she walked away. He looked miserably at Da Young. “I’m so sorry, Da Young.”

 

“No, I should be sorry to you instead,” Da Young replied. “I’m so sorry that you had to go to detention because of me and that you tried to protect me. I also want to say that I’m thankful for having you as a friend.”

 

Seongwoo leaned in closer to Da Young. “I’m glad I was a merman too to save you,” Seongwoo whispered before distancing himself from her. “Well, thanks and you’re welcome. But that means I can’t walk you back home. Are you sure this would be safe?”

 

“Of course, you do remember I have Ji Hoon as well remember?” Da Young smiled.

 

“And Kang Yena,” Yena added in.

 

“And me, the most amazing Lee Eui-“

 

“Don’t forget me too!” Jaehwan dodged past Eui Woong, cutting in. He flashed a smile at Da Young. “Remember, I’ll always be here to energize you and I really want to say more but I can’t-“ And with that, he ran off, being chased by Eui Woong.

 

✩✩✩

 

“So… how was your day today at school?” Ji Hoon asked as he swung his and Da Young’s interlaced hands softly.

 

“You literally saw me almost in all your periods,” Da Young answered with a small smile. “You’re so weird, do you know that Park Ji Hoon?”

 

“How am I weird, can I ask? I am literally the most charming boy in this school- no, as a matter of fact, I’m the most charming boy in your eyes,” he grinned, accompanied by Da Young’s widen smile.

 

“Thanks, Ji Hoon,” Da Young replied. “Thanks for everything…” She drifted off. She bit her lower lips and hung her head low.

 

“What’s wrong?” Ji Hoon asked, nudging her gently. “Why are you all moody and sad all of a sudden? Is it something I said…”

 

“No, it’s not,” Da Young said, rising her head up. “It’s just that… I feel bad for Seongwoo. You know, he could’ve just ignored them and just walk it off but yet, he decided to take the fall for me and be punished for that... I just feel so bad to just let it happen.”

 

“Da Young, it’s not your fault! He cares about you and he wanted to protect you! I would do that too in his shoes because I do care for you too, love. And now you know that no matter whatever others say, remember to keep your head up and smile at those enemies. Show them that you are stronger than them and we are always behind your back, to support you,” Ji Hoon smiled, pecking Da Young’s cheek. “And that was my affection towards you.”

 

“God… I don’t deserve you, Ji Hoon,” Da Young smiled, resting her head on his shoulder.

 

“You deserve every part of me,” he whispered.

 

“And as a matter of fact, we have to fetch our siblings and according to my brain GSP, it’s telling us that we are going the complete opposite of our destination point,” Da Young said.

 

“Then should we keep going on the wrong way?”

 

“No, of course not! My sister would cry if I’m not there on time and my parents will kill me for ditching my responsibility to just spend some quality time with you.”

 

“And may I ask again, who am I, whom is able to have some quality time with her majesty?” Ji Hoon smiled.

 

“Who are you actually?” Da Young played along, slightly glancing at Ji Hoon. “My… friend?”

 

“Are you sure a friend is able to have this kind of quality time with you?” Ji Hoon asked.

 

“Fine, my boyfriend,” she grinned. “Happy?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter