Hope at last

Fifth Season
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“At the deepest place in my heart, there is only you

No one, nothing can tear us apart.”

 

 

Park Ji Beom… that name left a great impact in Da Young’s head. All she could think about was her childhood, where that familiar face would be smiling as he played with the little Da Young and Ji Hoon, the best uncle whom she could ever ask for.

 

But as she continued to stare at the once beautiful face, she could not believe what she was seeing instead. In front of her was an olden version of her childhood uncle, a cruel and merciless smile curled at the tips of his mouth. His almond eyes formed a piercing stare at Da Young. He was not at all like the uncle she has known.

 

“W-what happened?” Da Young asked softly. It took her a long time to get the words out. She was too shock to say anything else. “U-uncle J-Ji Beom, what happened?” She continued to stare at him but got no answers. So she snapped her head at the person next to her. “Ji Hoon! What happened?” She asked, at the verge of tears. “Goddamit! Why is no one replying me?” She screamed. Her eyes, which were desperately holding the tears, spilled down her cheek.

 

Ji Beom just looked at Da Young with pure interest. “Why are you even crying? Are you afraid of me? Or what?” He asked, resting his chin on his palm.

 

“Afraid of you? Who the hell in their right minds would be afraid of this madman over here?” Ji Hoon snapped, getting Ji Beom’s attention. “Don’t hurt her!”

 

“Then should I hurt you instead?” Ji Beom asked, rolling his eyes and let out a sigh. “You guys are boring me to death! I want to do something even more fun, not just staring at one who’s crying and another whom is shouting indifferent threats at me.”

 

Da Young ignored Ji Beom and looked at Ji Hoon now. “Ji Hoon…” she whispered. “What is going on? How did this happen? Please… please tell m-“

 

“Okay, so you want to know what happened?” Ji Beom cut in, not looking at them at all. Instead, he stood up and started to pace around the small room. “Okay, long story short, it started off like this… your dad,” he pointed at Ji Hoon before looking back at Da Young. “Which is your neighbor’s parent, decided to not give me any of our mother’s inheritance or even any money to use at all! He took away all of the money my mother gave, leaving me with none that lead to my clinic’s closure! All because of his dad!”

 

“No! That’s not it!” Ji Hoon snapped. “You just want to try to play the victim here when you’re not at all the victim!”

 

“Then what is it, Ji Hoon? Why can’t you just tell me?” Da Young asked him.

 

It took Ji Hoon a while to spoke as silence overcame the room. “Well, you know, I should.” He closed his eyes for a few minutes, before starting. “My grandfather, my dad’s father, he passed away a few years ago before I was born, and he left this huge inheritance for my dad… No one else. He did not let anyone know except for our family lawyer. And after my grandfather had passed away, he revealed that my grandfather had left everything to my dad, and not my uncle. My uncle was furious, and so was my dad. My dad was furious at my grandfather while my uncle was furious at my dad for getting everything and they kind of had a fight...”

 

“How about the time when he would always play with us?” Da Young asked quietly before turning to face the cruel smile of Ji Hoon’s uncle. “Was it all intentional?”

 

The smile on the doctor’s face widens but he said nothing, allowing Ji Hoon to continue.

 

It took a couple of minutes for Ji Hoon to nod his head. “Yes, it was all intentional. But his plan failed when I walked into one of his arguments with my dad in our house and after that, he beat me up, leaving a lot… a whole lot of cuts, bruises and swells on my entire body but I told no one about it because… he threatened me…” He scoffed.” An adult abusing and threatening a 5-year-old kid… that was unbelievable… even for me. I should’ve told my dad… what could my uncle do to me as a kid?” He glared at his uncle. “Is that why you asked your tiny pests to kidnap us? Because you were afraid that I would reveal things about you?”

 

His uncle just looked at Ji Hoon for a couple of minutes, before laughing. “Afraid? My dear nephew, you have mistaken everything! I did not hire these pests at all! They were just a package that somehow knew about you. They knew you and wanted to kidnap you for money and I somehow knew about that too! But they were foolish…” Ji Beom sighed and rests his chin on his palm. “After that incident, they were brought to me,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter