Dilemma

Fifth Season
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I can sense your feelings

As if we are connected by telepathy.”

 

 

“Ji Hoon!” Da Young breathed as she made her way downstairs. She glanced at the empty living room and searched the room, still no sign of Ji Hoon.

 

She was about to step down from the stairs when someone wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her into his embrace.

 

“Good morning,” Ji Hoon whispered, resting his chin on her shoulder from behind. “I’ve made breakfast-“

 

“Ji Hoon, my brother’s coming now. Something bad has happened and I don’t know what to do now,” she said, twisting to look at him. Her face looked anxious.

 

“What happened?” Ji Hoon now looked concerned as well.

 

“I don’t… actually know the full story,” Da Young replied. “But my brother told me that my parents received a call from the police station and now they’re suing Herim.”

 

“Isn’t that good?” Ji Hoon replied.

 

“Good? It’s the worst!” Da Young said. “We’re going to lose this lawsuit because Herim’s parents are rich and that girl is as spoiled as a rotten apple! We might lose more money than we have!”

 

A knock erupted on the front door and Da Young immediately tore her glance from Ji Hoon and walked up to the door quickly, and was greeted by her brother.

 

“Youngmin,” she reached over and hug her brother tightly.

 

“Im Da Young! You’re in so much trouble, you know! Tell me everything right now!” Youngmin broke their embrace and glanced at Ji Hoon who was standing in the middle of nowhere, just staring at the sibling’s quick reunion. He gave an uncomfortable look but said nothing.

 

Da Young held Youngmin’s wrist and pulled him towards the dining table. There were two plates of food made by Ji Hoon on the table but Da Young ignored them for now. She glanced nervously at her brother and started to explain the whole incident, not realizing that Ji Hoon had taken a seat opposite her. He just sat there wordlessly, staring at the ever-beautiful girl as she continued to talk to her brother who had mixed emotions now.

 

“And this is the story,” she finished, now in a small tone as she bowed her head down. “I’m sorry for not being able to take care of myself.”

 

Youngmin pressed his lips together before wrapping his arms around Da Young’s head, pulling the girl into his embrace once again. “Da Young, it’s not your fault,” he started. “You’re… you’re so strong and brave. I’m so glad to have you as my little sister, kiddo.”

 

“And would you tell me what happened to mom and dad?” Da Young peeked up and looked at Youngmin.

 

He let out a huge sigh immediately but wasted no time at all as he started his part of the story. “Well, mom received a call from the police at around 9am, which is only an hour ago and I wasn’t awake… obviously, but then I heard intense argument going on in the hallways but I thought they were just debating over some silly issues as usual. I wanted to fall back asleep but suddenly, Da Rim came in, looking scared. She told me that they were arguing; something about you and the police, so I asked went out to ask them. Mom told me that you were bullied yesterday and the police only managed to find mom’s phone number in the morning since someone who wasn’t related to you-“ he glanced briefly at Ji Hoon. “Came to fetch you. So they wanted to make sure that a guardian or a parent would also hear this news first. And then they said that they were going to call a day off work to go to school to meet your principal. By the time I called you, they were getting ready to go to school… And I think they are on the way to school now.”

 

Da Young stood up immediately right after her brother finished. “Then what are we waiting for? Let’s go now!” She headed towards the entrance door with Youngmin in front of her when someone grabbed her wrist, pulling her to a halt.

 

“Da Young…” Ji Hoon whispered, looking concern, into the girl’s eyes.

 

“Yes?” Da Young asked.

 

“Can you just eat breakfast first?” He asked. “You are pretty exhausted after yesterday and I’m afraid you’ll faint in the middle of nowhere.”

 

Da Young gave him a small smile and picked up a sausage from her plate. “Who says I’m going to faint?” She asked. “When you are coming and accompanying me?”

 

✩✩✩

 

By the time they reached the school, it was quiet. There were no signs of movement in the empty school- since everyone was having classes.

 

“See!” Youngmin pointed at a car, parked the closest at the school gates. “I think they’re here already.”

 

Da Young groaned but took no time to run into the school, having a few difficulties being stopped by the security guards but managed to make it into the school. She quickly rushed to the highest floor where the principal’s office was, passing by many classes who glanced up for a brief moment to see the commotion.

 

By the time they had reached the door of the principal’s office, Da Young was panting heavily, Ji Hoon and Youngmin were sweating profusely.

 

Da Young quickly held the doorknob and twisted the door open, revealing a serious looking principal, along with her parents, who were showing their backs to the trio.

 

“Mom!” She gasped, causing both her parents to look at her. Mrs Im gasped and hurried to Da Young while Mr Im just glanced at the remaining two boys who stood there awkwardly.

 

“Are you okay?” Mrs Im asked Da Young quietly, patting Da Young’s back quietly.

 

“Park Ji Hoon student, why are you not in your class?” The principal, Mr Jeon, spoke out, after a couple of minutes of observing the boy.

 

“I’ve skipped school,” Ji Hoon replied shortly. “But for a reason.”

 

Mr Jeon glanced once again at Ji Hoon before sighing while Mrs Im placed Da Young on the couch in front of the principal desk. Ji Hoon and Youngmin took a seat beside her.

 

“As I was saying,” Mr Jeon continued. “I really want to help you. I bel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter