Second-hand Embarrassment

Fifth Season
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Many memories, many promises

Even those faces filled with regret”

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Her face was red. She was running out of breath, but she couldn’t stop- until she got out of his view. She was anxious. Distracted. Flustered. She was everything but she didn’t want to confess that she was embarrassed.

 

She did not even know how she was able to approach Ji Hoon in the first place at the park. And she blames it on someone. And that someone is her brother.

 

“Yah! Are you going to cry just because I picked you on? You’re a weakling, Im Da Young!” Youngmin had splat after hitting the worn out basketball onto the poor girl’s head.

 

Da Young pressed her lips together. Tears rimmed around her eyes but they never fall out. She was a disappointment. She had been bottling everything up. She desperately wanted to let her feelings out… She couldn’t take it anymore. She had to do something.

 

She stood up immediately, almost tipping the bench over. She stormed over to her brother and looked up, into his eyes. “Fine! You think you’re stronger than me? Well, you are! But who are you to compare that with me… a weakling! Compare yourself with someone better than you, Im Youngmin! And guess what, I’m not going to cry. But I’m going out of this house!” She screamed at the top of her lungs, pushing Youngmin away from her and ran out of the house.

 

“God…” She whispered, fanning her face quicker and quicker. It did not work as well as she had thought it would, as her face was still very red and her heart was beating quickly as well.

 

When Youngmin called her, it was just a few minutes after she left. She didn’t want to pick his phone up but she eventually did. And that was when they started to argue already and how Da Young ended up in the park, alone with the most unexpected person.

 

“Thank you so much, idiot,” She sighed before turning to her right, walking along the fences that were next to the park.

 

She decided to take a deep breath, so she inhales and stopped immediately. She said nothing. She was frozen in her spot. Her eyes widen and agape.

 

“What… are you doing here?” She asked after a couple of minutes.

 

In front of Da Young was a boy, resting on the fence with his arms crossed against his chest. His face was shadowed by the large oak tree that had gone over the fence. The boy glanced at the girl and smiled.

 

“What I’m doing here?” He asked. “I was waiting for you… Have you forget?”

 

“Waiting for me?” Da Young asked, taking a step at a time towards him until she stood only a few feet away. “How did you even know I’m here?”

 

“Da Young, you are really a pabo,” he chuckled. “Haven’t you forget that you invited me to your house?”

 

Da Young glanced up at the word house. “My… house?” She asked, earning a nod from the boy. “Then… you must’ve seen what happened… an hour ago…”

 

“I have seen a lot of things, Da Young. It’s not new, you know,” He replied.

 

“I can’t do anything at all,” Da Young replied.  “I want to try… but nothing even works for me to go my way. It’s frustrating… very.”

 

“Then do something about it,” He answered. “Tell your brother that you have had enough. Tell your parents about the bratty brother of yours-“

 

“And you supported him. So should I also tell you that this is enough, Seungwoo?” Da Young asked, forcing the boy to shut up.

 

He moved away from the fence and walked slowly, towards Da Young. He opened his crossed arms in front of Da Young. Da Young refused to do anything so Seungwoo wrapped the girl in his arms, pulling her into his warmth. They stood like that for a couple of minutes, swaying little from left to right.

 

“Ahhh,” he sighed. “This is nice… hugging my best friend really gives me energy.”

 

“Thanks,” Da Young said. “It… it is nice to hug you too. You warmed the entire cold wall in front of me and I feel so much better…”

 

Seungwoo looked down at the small girl and smiled. “Let’s get you back home now, shall we?” He asked, smiling. Da Young was hesitated, but immediately nodded her head when she continued to look at the smiling boy.

 

“Let’s go now… shall we?” She repeated before they broke the hug and walked down the street together.

 

✩✩✩

 

“What are you guys doing?” Da Young asked immediately. She was confused at why her entire family was in front of her, smiling and holding a cake up to her nose.

 

It took Da Young a whole ten minutes to get into the house, after Seungwoo restlessly tried to persuade her to get in. It was hard and difficult that Da Young was near to tears when Seungwoo tried to push her in but he did it eventually, after the ten minutes. But as soon as she got into the house, that was what she witness.

 

“Isn’t this your favorite cake, Da Young?” Her mom asked, still smiling widely. The cake was in her hands. Her dad was beside her beautiful mom and her little sister was in front of her dad. And as for Youngmin… he was standing next to Da Young.

 

“What is going on?” Da Young whispered to her hated brother. “Don’t tell me you told them what happened, idiot.”

 

“I had to but that’s not the real reason why they are smiling,” Youngmin replied, gritting from his forced smile.

 

“Why are they even back home so early? It’s like 8pm.”

 

Youngmin rolled his eyes. “I don’t know! Why don’t you ask th-“

 

“What do you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter