Signs of Blessings

Fifth Season
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’ll hang on you like a bear, I’ll embrace your back

I will always protect you.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“So…” Da Young’s eyes were looking everywhere-except at the person in front of her. “What do you want to do first?” She stared hard at the ground, blinking a few times.

 

“I’m up here, Da Young,” the person replied calmly.

 

“I know-“

 

“Then look at me when you talk! Is the ground more good looking than me? I don’t think so!” He replied with a chuckle.

 

“Sorry then,” she whipped her head up and gave him an annoyed look.

 

“Well, it doesn’t actually matter since as you know, we can’t do anything right now,” He said. “Because we only have an egg that came a few minutes ago and we just need to take care of it before it hatches in… approximately a month’s time.”

 

“Then what can we do now?” Da Young asked.

 

“Let’s play the staring competition until this class ends- or just let me stare at you for the time being…” He replied.

 

“Ew, why? Are you that bored, Ji Hoon?” She asked, a little crept out.

 

“Of course not! I just need some answers… and I think I can get them out by staring at you,” He answered.

 

“Are the questions… somehow related to me?”

 

Ji Hoon gave her a mysterious smile. “Maybe…” he replied before looking away.

 

Da Young pressed her lips together before rolling her eyes. She then turned away to avoid his gaze that came back after a while.

 

✩✩✩

 

“So, how were the first few periods of lesson without me?” Seongwoo asked, appearing magically by Da Young’s side just as she exited from her classroom. Her head was spinning, her face was hot, and she was literally done with life, once again.

 

“Honestly, horrible, but since I feel like lying to you, it was very great! Classes were definitely not boring at all and I’m even partnered up with the school’s hottest gossip: Park Ji Hoon, aka Wink Boy! He literally came up to my table and was like surprise! Let me be your partner and make half of the class jealous… so yeah, it was great- as always,” she replied with a forced smile.

 

“Wow, I should leave you alone more often then!” Seongwoo beamed.

 

“Don’t. You. Dare.” Da Young gritted her teeth immediately and gave him a firm look.

 

He chuckled and slung his arm around the girl’s neck. “Sorry, midget,” he winked before dragging her along with him. “Then let’s get to our next lesson… together.”

 

“That’s what I want to hear, Ong,” she replied before rolling her eyes.

 

✩✩✩

 

The two of them were walking out of the school compound, walking side by side as they exited the school. It was dismissal time and they were walking back home. They said nothing at all but were still comfort with the other’s presence.

 

“So, are you going to come later?” Seongwoo asked.

 

“Of course,” Da Young replied without looking at him. “But I might come a little later, depending whether my parents are planning to scold me again, or Youngmin trying to play a prank on me or just Da Rim being all clingy.”

 

“Then bring that little girl along!” he replied.

 

“And watch violent things? No!” She answered.

 

“She loves me,” Seongwoo smirked.

 

“And she loves me too,” Da Young said.

 

“Love you enough to kick you in the face?” Seongwoo raised his eyebrow.

 

“Ye- well, not exactly- okay, well, you win! But she is still not allowed to go there to watch her favorite oppa getting trashed,” Da Young gave up.

 

“You have a point, but I’m not getting trashed! I’ll see you later then!” Seongwoo waved his hand before separating ways from Da Young.

 

Da Young stopped in front of the school gate, watching the boy waving his hands as he started to skip further and further.

 

She turned around and faced her direction. She took a deep breath before releasing it at once. “Let’s go now!” She encouraged herself, taking small steps.

 

✩✩✩

 

The place was located in a dim basement. It was used as a gym and many people like that place a lot. They said that it was quiet, dim and just… peaceful- so many people would come here now and then. But today, it was quiet.

 

There were rarely anyone using any equipment and Da Young felt chilled immediately as she stepped into the mysterious gym. There was no one at the counter so she just welcomed herself into the basement. She took timid steps, passing the gigantic floor length mirror that was located right next to the counter.

 

She glanced at herself briefly in the mirror before being dis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter