Chapter 14

Partners in Crime

“Alexa, it is a pleasure to meet you, I am Marcus Willaburth, Rico’s father” Marcus introduced himself, he watched as Rico tensed in his presences.

“I may be new to this whole dating scene but you do not kidnap your son’s girlfriend if you wanted to meet them” Alexa replied.

“Well you are a special individual indeed, I was not sure whether my son would introduce us” Marcus stated.

“I would not be surprised if he did not, with your track record, those you come and visit you they hardly leave again” Alexa said.

“So, you know who I am” Marcus answered, his eyes gleamed at the girl in front of him, he could definitely see how she was the daughter of the world’s greatest detective but there was something else there, possibly from her mother – Light, Marcus could see her calculating every step he took and analysed the words he spoke, this girl was beyond super intelligence.  

“As you know about me”

“When it was rumoured that the worlds greatest detective had a child, no one believed it but yet here you are”

“Ask what you wish to ask, this ideal chit chat is quite boring” Alexa spoke.

“Of course, I wish for L to be eliminated and you are my bargaining chip but if you think about it, this could be your great escape from the pressures of being the best sister, best friend, best daughter and the best detective, if you help me get rid of L then I will help you become the world greatest detective with the condition that you help me than come after my organisation” Marcus explained.  

“I would protect my family from those who want to do them harm” Alexa spoke before getting into a fighting position, her eyes were trained on the opponent in front of her. Marcus quickly lunged at Alexa in hope to catch her off guard but she quickly dodged out the way and retaliated by kicking him in the back making him crash head first into the wall.

Marcus reached for his gun and pointed it at her in hope that she would stop her attack but he saw the mischievous look in her eyes when he studied her earlier, she was not going to go down without a fight.

Marcus aimed his gun and fired, the bullet hit Alexa in the stomach but it did not stop her from coming at him, she knocked the gun out of his hands, her eyes were emotionless, a technique she had learnt from her parents. Alexa broke out into a run; her top was stained in blood but that did not stop her from luging at him wrapping her legs around his neck before pulling him to the floor.

Alexa grabbed the gun and shot at both his legs to prevent him from standing up, she then threw the gun to the other side of the room.

Marcus lay on the ground, a girl had defeated him and not any girl, L’s daughter. Marcus snapped his head to face the other six in the room who had yet to do anything, all of their eyes were focused on the bullet wound, tears were streaming down Rico, Azzai and Jewels’ faces, Chase and Akira looked like they could not understand the events that had just happened whilst Jacon wore his normal blank expression to prevent anyone from reading what he really was feeling. They had all taken an oath that they would willingly serve his mafia for the rest of their lives and, yet they had not done anything to stop her from kicking his , they were more worried about a girl being shot then helping him with his goal to destroy L.

“I order you to attack her” he shouted at the boys whilst pointing at Alexa who got into a fight stance obviously she was prepared to fight those she was close with to protect her family even though she was seriously injured.

“No” Akira said before walking over Alexa and stood beside her, Marcus watched as Chase and Jewels looked at each other before they entangled their fingers together and moved to stand by Alexa as well, they were followed by Jacon and Azzai.

“Rico, my only son, do not defied me” Marcus said looking directly at his child.

“Like Alexa has said, I would protect my family from those who want to do them harm, I have no family left, you might be my biological father, but you are no father, my true family are my friends who had stood beside me and my girlfriend who will love me no matter who I am” Rico spoke before he too joined Alexa’s side.

“What was the saying, keep your friends close but your enemies closer, well it might not fit in this type of situation but who cares” Alexa muttered as she took a step towards him.

“Cura ad mortem dare operam (Care to give death a try)” Alexa whispered into Marcus’ ear before she pushed his wounded body into the nearest wall, he watched as his son wrapped an arm around Alexa’s waist as they walked towards the door with the others following, Marcus tried to reach for his phone to call the guards in hope to intercept them but he was took weak and the darkness soon claimed him but not before sending one text to the detective.

MW: Start stage 5