Chapter 11

Partners in Crime

"Mr. Willaburth, I have located L's residence. I followed that lead, Ryunosuke Tanaka and a young woman who I believe is working for L and Light back to their house." The detective spoke.

 "Good work detective, if this goes to plan then I might even pay you more" Marcus Willaburth spoke across the table from him, beginning to laugh. The detective sat in front of the laughing man, laughing with him to break the awkwardness. Marcus finally stopped, "You know I'm joking right" he said seriously "But I am very happy with the evidence you have collected, knowing their location is absolutely crucial but this girl that Mr. Tanaka was with is weird, do you have any pictures, can you describe her?" Marcus voiced, his expression had a mischievous glint to it.

"She was average height, slim with Brown hair and brown eyes, she and Ryunosuke were also holding hands...." the Detective trailed off.

"Ah interesting, seems Mr. Tanaka is dating one of the triplets"

"The triplets? L and Light's? I presume that one of your associates was able to unencrypt the file I found then" the detective spoke.

"Yes" Marcus said "We have profiles of the triplets by the description you gave me it seems that the one you saw was Mika with Ryunosuke". Marcus sighed, "I saw my son with a girl the other day, she is also one of the triplets, Alexa - I believe they are dating much to my dismay, but then I thought maybe I could use this to my advantage, so we are commencing stage 4 today. Followed by stage 5 shortly and if you can gather anymore intel on Ryunosuke and Mika that would great perfect".

"Stage 4... that means..."

"Yes, once we have someone hostage we can gain higher ground over L and Light, then stage 5, where we can push them out their home, they'll come straight to us, desperate to regain their daughter" Marcus concluded.

"Alright, I'll see what else I can gather, I will go stalk their home and I'll give the details to your team so they know where they are going for stage 5, sir"

"Thank you, Kazami".

Alexa and Rico walked hand in hand, they had just exited the cinema after seeing a movie which they had been externally excited to see but it turned out to be a complete bore.

The couple headed towards an empty park and sat down on the swings enjoying each others company, it was quite sunny for it being early November but the air was still quite cold.

Alexa kept glancing over at Rico, a pleasant smile was present on his face but Alex could not shake off that someone was watching them and that something was going to happen but as the second faded into minutes the only sound which broke the silence was the quiet rustle of the few leaves left on the trees but it did not prevent the paranoid feeling from going away.

It all happened so fast, a large group of men stormed from the bushes and shot darts filled with strong sedative at the couple. Rico went down first, Alexa attempted to dodge the men but it was not long until the sedative took affect and she too collapsed, her phone fell out her hand as she had attempted to dial the first number in her contacts.

"Alex, what's up" Mika said but got no reply.

"Alex"

"Alexa" but she still got no reply.