Chapter 17

Partners in Crime

"So you think he's okay?" Watari asked

Alex nodded "Yeah, we found a knock-out dart on the ground, so they must have just taken him hostage, his body isn't there"

Everyone shared hopeful glances. "Right, ready to go along with this plan then?" L asked.

"Let's take them down" Rico said.

They all arrived at the mafia headquarters, it was a big concreted building stood surrounded by dirt lanes and trees. Rico gave BB and Mello access to the security cameras and they could now monitor the guards.

Alex, Rico, Suke, Mika and all six boys along with BB were going in to ambush the building, readying their gear, L and Mello set on making distractions for the guards, while Watari looked after Light and Arin back at the house.

L and Mello found some explosive charges and they fitted a remote control to several things including bikes and cars, with everyone else ready to go, they set off a couple charges and watched as some guards moved. A couple more charges. Then they started the remote controls, a separated perimeter guards joined to make a group of 12, all calling in alerts on the mini explosions. Several chased after the driverless car and it was chaos.

"Right, Let's go. Stay in our teams okay, and don't get lost" Rico commanded as the group headed for an unguarded door.

Once they were inside Alex spoke up "Right, stick to your group plan unless you find Near, he's top priority!"

They separated, Alex with Rico and Akira, Suke with Mika and BB, Jewels and Chase and Azzai and Jacon.

Azzai turned the corner, leading his group, he kneed the guard standing outside the security room and punched him a few more times to make sure he was out. Chase used his card pass to open to sliding doors to the room where 3 stood weapons in hand, they would have seen the 4 of them coming on the cameras, but all four boys attacked at once, their strength overpowering the men. Jewels then sent a text to everyone confirming the security room was dealt with.

"It should be down here and to the right" BB said, following his digital map on his wrist. As they were about to turn the corner six guards did, with weapons ready they had obviously been alerted to the situation. BB took down one guard with his gun, then opted for combat with the next being at close range. Suke elbowed one guard in the face, causing him to fall into another guard, BB shot at the two when they fell to the floor together. Mika took care of the other two guards, punching one straight in the face to finish him off.

"You're so hot when you hit people" Suke commented with a smirk evident on his face.

"Thanks" BB smiled causing Mika to burst out into a laughing fit when the grin from Suke's face fell. Suke sighed as they went into the next room, taking down some people who weren't guards but worked for the Mafia, they headed to their next stop.

Rico, Alex and Akira headed for the weapon room. Easily taking down the guards outside, they went in only to see Near tied to a chair surrounded by more guards, taking them down they started to untie Near when they got a text.

"Everyone's finished, we just need to head out here now then" Akira said looking at the updates from everyone else.

"Right, Akira, you go and meet up the two teams and tell them we've got Near" Rico said and Akira left. Rico and Alex finished untying the ropes, Alex immediately hugged him "You know I was kidding right" she said

"I guess it's a family tradition to be kidnapped then" Near laughed while hugging her back.

"Look what we have here" a voice boomed

All three turned their heads to the door where Rico's father stood. "Is this funny to you Rico, ruining me, ruining my life's work and letting your girlfriend almost kill me" Marcus spat, he had a gun pointed towards them.

"I'm surprised you're alive" Alex laughed, making Rico smirk.

"I don't care if you're my dad, I hate you and we're leaving" Rico stated.

"You're not leaving, ever"

Alex charged towards Marcus, knowing he was going to fire his gun, she knocked it from his hands before he could. Both were at a disadvantage being injured, Marcus had landed a few punches at Alex so Rico stood in, reducing his father to a curled up figure lying on the ground.

"Rico.... please" Marcus croaked.

Taking one last glimpse of his father, Rico pulled the trigger killing him. Alex held his hand silently and they made their way out with Near.

~4 months later~

Everyone was slowly healing after the long fight with the mafia, Wammy's house still had quite a few bullet holes in the walls but it was slowly being fixed with quite a few extra rooms which they had stumbled across apparently this house use to hide priests during Penal Times when there were being persecuted by law in England. They had found many religious artefacts along with a couple of skeletons. Everyone was living at Wammy's house, Jewels, Chase, Azzai, Jacon and Akira had officially left the mafia whilst Alexa and Rico had taken it over but do not tell L and Light that.

Light was being extremely strict to make sure that no one was keeping anything from them like the triplets and Ryunosuke had when the detective had come after them but everyone knew that he was only doing it because he was worried that someone would come after them and hurt his children. Everyone had started joking that his maternal instincts had doubled now they had Arin, Light always denies it but everyone including L does not believe it.

There had been a couple of times when Light in the middle of the night would come storming into any of the triplets' rooms to make sure that they were still there, and no one was plotting anything behind his back but this meant he discovered that Ryunosuke and Mika were sleeping in the same room and that nearly started world war three single-handily, lets just say Ryunosuke has become the master of hiding underneath Mika's bed whenever Light came storming in.  

Watari had become the only person that the triplets were unable to hid anything from apparently he knew everything that they had been up to including Rico and Alex's relationship but decided not to inform either Light or L since he wants to see how Alexa, Near, Mika and Ryunosuke would be able to cope with a case without the help of their parents, Watari was currently not on Light's good side but then again any information which has been kept a secret from him was never going to be. 

Alexa and Mika were stood in the kitchen raiding a large number of food supplies they had for a stakeout later that day. Alexa was keeping watch for her parents whilst Mika stuffed a bag with food and drinks.

"Hey Mika, I think there was must be something wrong with us" Alex suddenly said.

"What do you mean?" Mika asked.

"Well, we both have boyfriends who are linked to killers, Rico's father was a mafia boss whilst well we all know what linked Ryunosuke to a killer" Alexa replied when Rico walked up to her, his face frowned in confusion but Alex did not explain.

"We are vetting any girlfriend/boyfriend you have" Mika and Alexa spoke as Near walked into the kitchen with his toys.

Mika dumped the bag of food and drinks in her van before she walked back inside the house, she snuck past her parents who were talking in the hallway and would immediately question her about what she was doing in the garage. Alex wandered around the house, she had nothing to do until they had to leave for the stakeout later that day, all her books had been read meaning she was unable to pass the time reading them. So, she decided to look for Mika and Ryunosuke, so she could pass time with them.

Alexa opened the door to the lounge where she heard Ryunosuke's voice.

"Gah" she shouted with what she saw, Mika straddling Ryunosuke's lap whilst they were making out passionately, the couple pulled away when they heard the door open.  

"Sorry" Mika and Ryunosuke apologised at the same time once their eyes landed on Alex.

"Now, I am going to burn my eyes, so I will never have to see anything like that again" Alex said before turning away and leaving her sister and her boyfriend in peace.

The End