Chapter 16

Partners in Crime

Near pushed everyone into the secret passageway which he had found not long ago before closing the door on them, he had to protect his family over his own safety. He could hear someone bang on the other side of the passageway trying to force it open but it was no good, this passageway could only be opened in one way.

The mafia thugs stormed into the room, all their guns were aimed at Near. He took a deep breath before they opened fire.

Everyone walked in silence down the passageway they had been pushed into, they had heard the gunshots and a body fall to the ground but no one dared to voice the thought that Near was dead.

Everyone was covered in scratches from pieces of metal, wood or glass which had broken when a bullet had come into contact with it. The only people who could have deemed as being seriously injured was Alex's bullet wound from before and Mello who had unfortunately been shot in his but even the royal pain in his royal was staying quiet as he was being carried by his boyfriend, Matt.

"the royal pain in the has a pain in his royal " Alexa teased trying to lighten the mood, she received some weak laughs but that was it. Alexa studied everyone, Mika silently sobbed into Ryunosuke's arms whilst Light clung to his baby as if he would disappear if he held him any looser.

The passageway finally came to an end at the back of the house, there was a large room, filled with supplies and various ornaments. There was also a way up to the ground, the vans which the mafia thugs arrived in were departing after a successful assignment.

Alexa took one look at the others, when she was certain that no one would notice, she quickly but quietly snuck away from everyone else and headed back towards the house in search for any evidence that Near would still be alive and she would not stop until she had an answer.

"Right" L spoke "We need a plan, and fast" L kept his eyes from meeting anyone as he did not want to see their faces or even think what could have happened to Near.

"Is it really the time to be coming up with a plan now?" Suke questioned, wondering how L could seem so emotionless even though he knew that wasn't really the case.

"Yes. We are taking down that headquarter now, okay, now suggest some ideas" L commanded, his eyes glinted with some darkness.

"Like what?" Suke fired back "All the weaponry is inside the house that we are out of"

"We can find a way! There's some stuff in here, and we can go back out there and reclaim it" L shouted, it was as if all his anger was fuelled into this one idea.

"What? and risk losing someone else!" Suke defended, his arms were still wrapped protectively around Mika, she squeezed his hand to try to stop him from causing an argument.

Suddenly lots of voices were shouting in disagreement.

"Guys....."

"Guys! GUYS!" Mika shouted, catching everyone's attention "Where's Alex?"

Everyone's hearts stopped as they glanced around the room.

"I'll look for her. okay. you all stay here and come up with a ing plan alright" Rico said as he began marching down the tunnel they had emerged from earlier.

BB, Mello and the six boys had started conversing ideas with L, while Watari checked Light and Arin were okay.

"They'll be okay" Suke whispered to Mika when she glanced down the corridor Rico disappeared down.

"ALEX!" Rico shouted he picked up his pace, running down the tunnel. She was injured, she can't have gotten far he thought.

He suddenly quickened his pace more, seeing a figure using all their might to get to the end of the tunnel. He grabbed her arm to stop her from moving. "Alex, what are you doing?"

"I need to know if Near is okay" She stated blankly "Are you coming with me or not?"

"Fine. Just wait a second, okay. Alex, I'm so sorry all this is happening" Rico said his head slightly bowed. 

"I forgive you, I could not tell that your father was going to kidnap us, shoot me then attack Wammy's, I guess I owe you an explanation about my past" Alexa said before she was immersed in her past. 

Light called Misa up to start packing clothes for all of them and told her the situation whilst he went to pull his children out of school for the rest of the month, the school were irritated with Light pulling his children out because their education mattered and could not get their heads around that these children were able to do university exams so missing a few months of school really was not going to matter especially when there was a killer on the loose.

Light booted his children into the car whilst shoving their school bags into the boot before climbing into the car and started the engine. On the way, home Light explained to his children about the case and the possible run in with their biological father that might happen. When they arrived home, Misa was nearly finished with the packing and asked the children to grab whatever was valuable to them. Near grabbed his favourite toys, Mika grabbed her favourite movies and Alexa grabbed her father’s pistol before being ordered to put it in the safe and grab something useful which turned out to be some books as well as a notepad.

Misa rounded them back into the car before setting off towards the Teignmouth bridge which was the only way to Teignmouth then on to Exeter. Exeter is a large city with plenty of carparks but hardly any spaces after driving through the fourth one space became available which cause Light and another driver to fight for it – one slightly dented car later Light won. The children climbed out the car then proceeded to not help with getting the suitcases out from the boot.

The Exeter Airport was located to the east of the city centre and was a half an hour walk away from the car park the Yagami’s had parked in. The walk was filled with both Mika and Alexa complaining and Near holding onto his mother’s hand for dear life because of the huge amount of people. 


Misa stood out first, she was dragging Alexa by the wrist towards the building, Light felt L stick his head out as well.

"Ryuzaki long time no see" Misa shouted whilst waving over causing L to groan. Misa was the last person he wanted to see after being reunited with Light. L looked at the girl who was being dragged by Misa, she was 14, paled skin with black hair and caramel brown eyes. She was wearing a dark purple sleeveless top with a sleeveless leather jacket and black skinny jeans.

"Ryuzaki I want you to meet Alexa" Light introduced

"Ryuzaki huh," Alexa said looking up at her biological father.


Alexa and Near always found school quite boring because of their higher intelligence but Mika loved it, she loved the thrill of meeting new friends and learning something that she never knew before. Mika was the wild child out of the three, she loved going out and hanging with all her friends you could says she would be classed as one of the popular kids where her twins Alex and Near were the complete opposite to her, the both despised communicating with people who were below average intelligence which made them the outcasts of the school and the ones which would be targeted by bullies.

Today was going to be their first day at their mother's old school, Mika was excited, Near looked emotionless as ever and Alexa was attempting to drown her family out. When the triplets arrived at the school they were being stared at but not because they were the new students but because Near was wearing his typical outfit of white pyjama top and white jeans whilst playing with some small toy figures which Mum had brought him a couple of days before the move. Mika was wearing the school uniform, she was smiling at everyone in the hall trying to discover anyone who has the potential to be one of her friends. Alex, on the other hand, had her earphones shoved into her ears playing her All Time Low playlist to drown out the people surrounding her. She was wearing the school uniform but had her dark purple hoodie with the hood up covering her eyes and her guitar on her back.

One of the jocks of the school walked over to trio staring down at his new target, Near.

"You know pre-school is next door" He said to Near who just gave him an emotionless look which caused the jock to become angry, he wanted the boy to react. "I can take you there so you do not get lost" He carried on whilst hoping for a reaction but still got nothing.

Alexa noticed that the jock was harassing Near, so she pulled her earphones out then removed her hood from her head. Alex grabbed hold of Near's hand before saying to him but loud enough for most of the corridor to hear.

"Come on Near apparently, this moron is late for his pre-school classes" anger flared on the boy's face but before he could retaliate the two walked passed.


Ten minutes into lunch Mika came running over with three people trailing behind her, two girls and a boy. Alexa recognised that one was from her Maths class but the others were complete strangers.

"Alexa, Near I want to introduce you to Mei, Sayaka and Katsu" Mika introduced them before looking at Matt and Mello because Mika was not at headquarters yesterday she never met the two.

"Hello, it is nice to meet you, Alexa, Near" Mei said stretching her hand out to the two. Alexa grabbed the tips of her hand before shaking it whilst Near ignored it. Mika glared at her younger brother but said nothing.

"That's Matt and Marshmellow" Alexa said, Matt quietly snickered whilst giving a side glance at his boyfriend. Mello had gone completely red but before he could reply, the group of jocks from earlier approached their table.

"I see all the freaks are getting along" One of the jocks said.

"I see all the moron are best friends" Alexa replied causing all the angry eyes turn to face her.

"You are so dead" the one from earlier shouted before running straight towards her, Alexa dodged his attack. The boy had too much momentum which caused him to run full force into the window. Another one of his friends attempted to punch Alexa but she dodged him as well. The one who hit the window was preparing another attack but before he could execute it Mello punched him in the face sending him back into the window.

"I have this under control" Alexa said to Mello.

"I know but I could not just miss the party" Mellow replied before pressing his back against hers to face the two behind them. Alexa noticed that a teacher had entered the cafeteria which caused her to have an idea, when the next boy who had the balls to attack a girl was running towards her, she allowed him to hit her on the cheek.


Alexa and Near were left at the back of the group and had tried to run off but were always caught by Mika, one of Mika's friends kept glancing back at the two seeming like she wanted to say something to them but was not completely sure what but soon the words came and she slowed her pace so she was walking side by side with Alexa and Near.

"I am truly sorry that you had to be dragged into this" one of Mika's friends said – Mei, her name was, her expression showed that she was truly sorry but this only made Alex fell angrier.

"Yeah well drop dead" Alexa replied.

"That's rude," A voice said from behind the group, standing behind her was a pink haired boy, his eyes were brown and his skin was pale. He had a black beanie covering most of his hair and he was wearing a blue and white checked shirt which black skinny jeans and black converse. On his back was a portable keyboard.

"And you are?" Alex questioned.

"Ryunosuke, hey how are you" Katsu Tarou, the other male in the group said.

"All good Katsu" Ryunosuke replied.

"Did you hear about the murder?" Katsu said, there seemed to be a flash of guilt which passed through Ryunosuke's eyes for a split second and his friendly aura which surrounded him seemed to change for a couple of seconds which would not be picked up by a regular human being.

"Yeah, I knew Kaito" Ryunosuke answered.

"Less talking about death more shopping" Sayaka shouted before wrapping her arms around Ryunosuke and Katsu then pulled them toward the closest shop followed by Mei, and Mika who was completely unaware that her siblings were not following.

Alexa watched as her sister and her newly appointed friends walked off with this boy - Ryunosuke Tanaka, during Alexa's childhood she was brought up to suspect everything it was something that she learnt from her mother and the reports of the cases which her father had cracked.

Ryunosuke Tanaka, 14-years-old. Would have access to any room in the school for his music performance or practices and this means that he would be able to befriend anyone who he wanted to. 10% chance that he was the killer but there is still a 65% chance that accomplice. The only question is, is he doing this willingly or not?


The was a sudden knock at the door which startled Ryunosuke but he could already sense who was standing behind the door, he had an urge to not open the door but he knew that it would be the worse decision that he could make if he did not face her anytime soon, so here he was hand on the door handle about to bring in his impending doom. Ryunosuke took a breath before opening the door, a fist collided with his cheek, then a foot came into contact with his stomach which forced his body backwards. He felt his back crash into the bookcase which was in the hallway.

"Please Alexa let me explain" Ryunosuke begged as another fist collided with his face, Alexa grabbed him by his shirt and pulled him near her face.

"Start talking or I will kill you and no one will find your body" Alexa threatened then proceeded to drop Ryunosuke onto the floor. 


The door opened and Alex raged in dragged a bruised and beaten Ryunosuke, he winced as she pushed him into headquarters.

"IT'S ALL HIS FAULT! HE'S RESPONSIBLE!" Alex started to scream kicking Ryunosuke again with tears in her eyes. Everyone in the room looked at the commotion and Mika ran over pushing Alex away from Ryunosuke.

"Alex! Stop!" Mika struggled finally pushing her away and standing in front of Ryunosuke so she was unable to attack him.

Alex's eyes adjusted "Mika?" she questioned wondered how and when she'd gotten back. Looking at Mika's bruised body she wanted to punch and hit the life out of Ryunosuke but was confused as to why Mika was protecting him.

"Let me past" Alex growled still deathly eyeing Ryunosuke.

"No" Mika replied, Alex didn't understand and frankly Ryunosuke didn't either, he thought Mika would also be the one punching him, let alone protecting him after all that had happened.


L looked over at his daughter Alexa who was standing closely to Mika as was Near, Mika kidnapping had affected them in different ways but neither were going to let Mika out their sights until this woman was either locked up or dead preferably the latter.

L hated using plans where someone as bate but it was the only way to capture this woman red-handed. L signalled to others to come over to him which alert them that he had a plan.

"You have a plan" Mello said which was more like a statement than a question.

"Yes, but Light you are not going to like it" L answered looking over at his boyfriend how was now looking over at him with a questioning look on his face.

"I want to use Alexa as bate".

"NO!" Mika, Light, Ryunosuke and Misa all shouted simultaneously.

"You do not know this woman she will kill her" Ryunosuke said.

"Wow thanks for the support" Alexa muttered before adding "I will do it".

"No Alexa you are not, there has to be another way there is always another way" Light said.

"Yes, but once we figure it out then there will be more bodies" Alexa replied before turning to face her father.

"What do I have to do?" Alexa asked her father, her face showed determination and no one was going to talk her out of it.

"My plan is for Ryunosuke to inform the killer that Mika's sister will not drop the case and she will be at the school at tonight, we will have camera's hidden throughout the school and if she tries to do anything to harm Alexa then we will arrest her but Alex try your best to get a confession" L explained his plan.


Alexa looked over a Mika who has a worried look on her face, Alexa gave her a reassuring smile before saying.

"I will be fine Mika, I can take care of myself".

"Yeah, that is what I am worried about" Mika replied.


Alex walked into the old music room, checking out the cameras that had been placed in there. She was quite calm for someone who was meeting a murderer, yes she wanted to kill the woman herself but this was it. She had to get Maki to confess on the cameras.

She turned her head to the opening door "Alexa, I presume" the woman spoke.

"I thought I was meeting Ryunosuke" Alex said pretending to be baffled she'd shown up.

"I'm afraid he couldn't make it" she stated simply.

"You killed him?" Alex asked knowing he was alive.

"No. Not yet. But if he keeps messing things up then I'll have to teach him a lesson" a creepy grin stretched on her face that made Alex uncomfortable.

"What about his brother?" Alex asked cautiously

"What about his brother"

"Don't you have him..." Alex continued trying to get her to talk.

"Locked up, yes, with your sister so how about you drop the case and none of them gets hurt" Maki bargained.

"You better not touch Mika" Alex growled

"Maybe" Maki laughed "I'm more into boys though but that doesn't mean more blood can't be spilt".

"More blood? haven't you spilt enough?" Alex questioned

"Only 4 bodies, dear, I have a few more targets yet" Maki confessed

"So you'll kill them like you killed Mei!" Alex shouted

"Yes, she was sweet wasn't she, your friend. Ryunosuke wasn't happy when I killed her, he's awfully sad. I had to find a way to 'cheer him up' you know" Maki grinned a smile that made Alex want to throw up. She was sick. She could hardly stand hearing the way she was talking now.

"You won't kill any more people"

"They're only students, they're the ones that made me pay, told them about things we did and I'd done, it's their own faults really, well except Mei, I just did that to keep Ryunosuke in line" she purred

"Why would you tell me all this? you want me to drop the case?" Alex asked

"I figured you'd want to know the truth as your sister is involved and it's not like you're going to tell anyone anyway, are you? Don't want your sister to be killed"

"I won't drop the case" Alexa started again and started to slowly head towards the door

"I guess I'll just have to kill you then, and your sister, your deaths will keep the detectives occupied at least" Maki growled and started charging for Alex.

L and Light signalled the policemen as Alex was attacked.

Alexa collapsed to the floor as she watched as Maki being taken away by the police that L had on standby, her legs hurt from the knife slashes which Maki had caused. Light dashed into the room followed by Mika, Near and L who all attacked Alexa in a hug they all had seen the fight and Alexa's legs being slashed at but luckily it was not too deep but they would leave some scars.

Alexa melted into her family's arms, she was going to be alright, they were all going to be fine, no more murders.

Rico's eyes widened as she came to the end of her story, he pulled his girlfriend into his arms. 

"I am sorry that you had to go through all of that" Rico whispered. 

"I am fine, I survived that and now I am here" Alexa said before pulling away and started to walk again with Rico right behind her. 

Rico and Alexa pushed against the passageway door trying to force it open but it did not budge, Alexa and Rico looked at each other before they started pushing even harder. The door flung open and the pair tumbled into L's office, both their eyes were trained on the floor looking for Near's body.