Chapter 15

Partners in Crime

Alexa had her arms wrapped around Rico and Akira's necks as they walked towards Wammy's house, there were a number of cards outside which Alex recognised immediately. Alexa dropped her arm from Akira’s neck and fished the house key out of her pocket before carefully walking through the doorway with her arm still wrapped around Rico’s neck.

 

The whole hallway was littler with any and all types of weapons that the world’s greatest detective and his associates could get their hands on. Azzai shot Alexa a questioning look as they walked deeper into the house, following the sounds of people’s voices which led to L’s office. Alexa gently pushed open the doors everyone inside bar Light was dressed in some type of combat clothing whilst the number of weapons seemed to double.

 

“It is official, we are preparing for world war 3” Alexa said drawing the rooms occupants’ attention.

 

“Alexa” Light shouted running over to his daughter and encasing her in a hug.

 

“Hi mum” Alexa replied returning the hug a little awkwardly, L, Mika and Suke were not that far behind Light but neither trained or training detective seemed to notice Alex’s wound much to her delight.

 

After a long session of hugging, her family and friend finally moved away from her to give her some breathing room just as they did, a young man with black hair and shadows under his eyes walked into the room, he wears long-sleeved white shirt and faded jeans whilst being quite thin and fairly tall. He walked hunched over into the room, his panda eyes were instantly drawn to the seven new individual.

 

“Uncle BB” Alexa shouted before she moved towards her uncle and gave him a hug.

 

“There is my favourite niece” BB said returning the hug, he noticed that the complexions of the six boys seemed to pale at the mention of his name which all but pleased the older man.

 

“I don’t get why we try to save your asses whenever you get kidnapped since you escape all by yourself” Mello spoke from where he was lent on the wall.

 

“Aww, I missed you too marshmellow” Alexa teased as she stepped in Mello’s direction.

 

“Do not touc… you’re bleeding” Mello said as his eyes trailed to examine the younger girl.

 

“Yeah, I got shot” and that was when all hell broke loose, Watari had ran off to get the medical kit from the make-shift surgery whilst Light and L tried to examine the wound.

 

“Why did you not say that you were injured?” Light asked as he stoked his daughter’s hair like he use to do when she was little.

 

“Because I did not want to worry you” Alexa replied as Watari tended to her wound before she added “you were really careful around me after the fight between Maki and I back in Japan that I did not want something similar to happen after this, I don’t like it when you treat me like I’m something fragile when I get serious injured”.

 

“Alexa could you tell us what happened please, Mika and Ryunosuke has filled us in about the detective working for the mafia and trying to bring us down, what else?” L asked his daughter.

 

“Well, the man in charge of the mafia is called Marcus Willaburth, he is Rico’s father. He wanted to use me as leverage so that you would come out and face him then he would be able to eliminate the world’s greatest detective, he thought that I would chose being with Rico over my own family and tried to bribe me into helping him, when I refused he attacked me and I ended up getting shot before I used his own gun on him then rendered him unconscious, so he is either dead or serious wounded, Rico, Azzai, Akira, Chase and Jewels were working for him but none of them wanted to be there so when they saw a way out of this life they helped me get out the building and back here before anyone noticed” Alexa explained.

 

“Thank you for looking after my daughter and bring her back home” Light said to the six boys.

 

“We wish no harm on her or anyone that she is close with, I think I can speak on everyone’s behalf but we did not want to be there but we only did so to protect our families” Jewels said.

 

“Jewels, you cannot wish any harm on a fly or spider, so you are never going to wish any harm on a human” Alexa teased causing Jewels to hide his face in his boyfriend’s chest. Alexa smiled at the cute couple before turning to face her brother Near.

 

“You are getting kidnapped next” Alexa said to her brother and received a light slap on her head from Light.

 

“No one is getting kidnapped anymore” Light said glaring at his children, husband and Ryunosuke.

 

“We are not going to be able to keep that promise mum” Mika joked but there was a slightly bit of seriousness behind her statement. Light was about to say something when Alexa suddenly shot up, her hand reached towards the closest gun.

 

“Do you hear that?” Alex said.

 

“Hear what?” Rico asked his girlfriend.

 

“Footsteps, heading in this direction” Alex muttered as she carried on listening, the were about a dozen of them, wearing some sort of heavy boots which she was able to hear easily.

 

“Get down” Alex shouted rolling off the sofa pulling her parents down with her. Everyone had just gotten down when the group of men opened fire.