Chapter 2

Partners in Crime

Near read through the rest of the information collected most of it was irrelevant for them since it was all about the jobs the mafia was currently taking apart in but there was some information about the detective mission to destroy L. Apparently Detective Keizo did not have much information from the mafia to go on since L kept his identity a complete secret and made it impossible to locate him but this detective’s track record seemed to be about locating the impossible, he had brought down multiple terrorist cells because he had been able to locate the head of the cell with only little amount of information.

“We better go to sleep” Mika said standing up and headed towards the bedroom door, everyone else agreed before saying goodnight before they went to their own rooms.

Alexa was woken up the next day by someone jumping on her, she opened her eyes to see one of the children at Wammy’s house who pretty much attached herself to Alexa’s hip when they first met luckily, she had finally learnt to keep some distance between her and Alexa.

“Happy Birthday Alex” she shouted.

“Thanks Squirt” Alex answered before ruffling the younger girl hair.

“I got you a present” the girl said holding out a wrapped present out to Alex, Alex took the present and unwrapped the present. It was one of those best friend necklaces, one half was on the squirts neck which read best the other which was wrapped up read friend. Alex picked the necklace up then put in on and hid it behind her pyjama top.

“I love it squirt thank you” Alexa said before hugging the girl in front of her.

“I am glad you like it” the girl said smiling, Alexa stood up and grabbed the squirts hand then headed towards her bedroom door and then went down the stairs where they were greeted by L, Light, Near, Mello, Matt, Watari, Ryunosuke and Mika.

“Happy Birthday Alexa” Light said.

“Thanks Mum, happy birthday siblings” Alexa replied sitting down on the floor with the squirt who climbed into her lap, if anyone told her just over 4 years ago that she would be all right with human contact she would have probably punched that person in the face, so much had changed over the years.

“Presents time” Mika squealed before grabbing the nearest present and read the label, it was for Near. This time every year Mika oversaw giving out the presents but the others two did not mind, Mika found some type of enjoyment in it whilst attempting to guess what it might have been.

“Alexa this is for you and this is for me” Mika said passing Alexa her present before she ripped the wrapping paper from her present. Alexa looked at the label – To Alex Happy Birthday Love Watari. Alex carefully took the wrapping paper off to reveal the third book in the House of Secret series.

“Watari I love you” Alex said to the elder man, half hugging him.

“I thought you would like it” Watari answered. L quickly grabbed the book off her, the last time she received a book for her birthday or Christmas, Alex just sat there reading it until she had finished, Alex pouted slightly before moving onto her next present which Mika had thrown at her. This one was from Ryunosuke.

“Wow” Mika said once she opened her present from Ryunosuke, it was a necklace with a silver heart on it with diamonds scattered across the top, Mika had been eyeing this necklace up for over a year but she never had enough money to afford it. Alexa turned back to her present and once it was unwrapped it took both Alexa and the squirt to catch it since it went nearly everywhere. It was 4 albums of BTS – Wings, The Most Beautiful Moment in Life: Young Forever, Dark & Wild and Skool Luv Affair plus Square One by Blackpink and Dreamcatcher albums Nightmare and Nightmare: fall asleep in the mirror.

“Okay, Suke confess what bank did you rob to get all this stuff” Alex said looking over at her friend with a suspicious look.

“No bank, I have been saving up for a long time” Suke said.

“Thank you it is beautiful” Mika said before kissing Suke’s cheeks. The triplets carried on unpacking their presents until Alexa’s phone went off scaring everyone in the room, Squirt climbed off Alex’s lap and she stood up before walking out the room, curiosity got the better of Suke and Mika so they stood up and snuck after her.

“Thank you” Alexa said to the other person on the phone.

“Um… I will not be able to meet up either today or tomorrow but the day after is fine”

“Yeah sure”

“Cool, I will meet you in the usual place”

“Cool see you then”

“Yeah, love you too” Alexa said. Mika looked over at Ryunosuke who too was staring at her in shock, Alexa was seeing someone and they did not know. Suke and Mika dived back into the living room just before Alexa entered a small smile was on her face.

“We will follow her when she goes out to meet him” Ryunosuke whispered into Mika’s ear.

“Agreed”