Chapter 8

Partners in Crime

"Are you putting it on?" Mika called to Suke.

"Yeah" he said back, opening the DVD case and slotting it into the DVD player. He picked up the remote and comfortable fell onto the sofa as he waited for Mika and the TV to load. "Do you really need a blanket?" Suke laughed as Mika walked back in the room with one draped around her small shoulders, engulfing her body. 

She plopped onto the sofa next to Suke as she said "Yes, I'm really cold", she pulled some of the blanket over Suke who smiled softly. "You're always cold" he complained, placing an arm around her shoulder.

"That's not my fault" Mika laughed snuggling into his side. He tilted his head down to her smiling at her words as they locked eyes. He went to connect their lips when he heard someone pretending to vomit, repeatedly.

"Ugh, gross" Alex said while pulling a face of disgust, she backed out the room and started to walk up the stairs "WE HAVE A MEETING WITH NEAR NOW SO COME ON" she groaned loudly.

Suke stood up "Oh yea, we should get going then, we can watch this another time" he said motioning to the film title that had now appeared on the screen. Mika reluctantly discarded her blanket on to the sofa and followed Suke upstairs. Sighing that he'd already forgotten the idea of a kiss.

Alex lay on the floor on her back, the profile for the detective was spread around her. Alex had her eyes  were closed, the scars which Alex received during her fight with Maki were still present on her legs. A stab of guilt hit Mika's heart as she stared at them, she was the reason that her sister had these scars, Mika was the oldest she should have been the one who confronted Maki but Alexa did she fought the killer and was injured. 

"I have received more information involving Detective Kazami Keizo, it has seemed that a couple of hours ago he or an accomplice seemed to attempt to gain access to our servers which he or they failed to , it would seem like they are getting closer to obtain information to the identity of L or any of us" Near informed the others. 

"How about we stake out the internet café he likes to spend his time at then following him around to see where he lives or who he is working for" Mika suggested. 

"Mika, we already now who he works for Marcus Willaburh, the mafia boss and if we staked out the internet café he would probably be expecting it and lead us into a trap" Alex said as she finally sat up and turned to face everyone, anger built up in Mika's veins as her suggestion was once again knocked to the side. 

Mika was about to say something back to why they should do her idea when the door to the room opened and in walked their parents. Everyone's eyes widened in fear of being found of what they have been doing behind their parents back so everyone quickly grabbed a hold of an blankets or pillows which could be used to cover the work from there parents' view and threw it on the table as fast as they were able to. 

"Trying out a new look Dad" Mika teased as a blanket landed on top of their father's head, a few giggles escaped Suke's mouth as Alex dived for her phone which was currently charging and took a photo before L was able to remove it from his head.