Chapter 13

Partners in Crime

Alexa gently opened her eyes, everything was blurry. She could just make out a figure hovering above her, their mouth was opening and closing but Alexa was unable to hear anything that they were saying to her. She slowly sat up and rubbed her eyes in hope that they would focus properly.

“Alexa” the figure said.

“Rico” Alexa muttered opening her eyes which were now in focus, she was sat on a king size bed with Rico beside her. The walls were painted with a cream colour whilst the carpet was a light brown colour, there was a table in the far corner with a couple of chairs surrounding it and a chest of dress to the side of it, the bed way the only other piece of furniture in the room.

"Did Mika wish really hard for me to leave Ryunosuke alone" Alexa muttered completely ignoring Rico when he started asking her whether she was all right and if she was hurt anyway.

“Alex, please answer me, are you all right did they hurt you anywhere” Rico asked clear worry was present in his voice but Alexa ignored him once more and started to investigate the room they were being held hostage in.

“This is different to Mika's kidnapping meaning whoever had taken us wants us alive and healthy” Alexa carried on with her deductions.

“Mika’s kidnapping, your sister was kidnapped, what happened, were you hurt when it happened, was that when you got those scars on your legs?” Rico questioned but before Alexa was able to reply to him or carry on with her investigation, the locked door opened, and five individuals walked in.

“Chase, Azzai, Jacon, Jewels, Akira, what is going on?” Rico questioned shooting them a questioning look, he did not want Alexa to find out who he really was, who his father was but yet here he was trapped in one of his father’s guest rooms with his girlfriend and no way of avoiding the confrontation which was yet to come.

“The boss called us in” Chase spoke his arm wrapped around Jewels waist, the latter shot Alexa a sympathetic look.

“Alex, please whatever he asked just answer him and he will not harm you” Jewels pleaded.

“Juliarah, Jewels, you want me to give up information about my own family to a mafia boss then you do not know me as well as I thought you did, I will never give up any information on people I cared about, it is the reason why my parents, brother and sister never found out about you, Mika, Suke and Near do not know that you all work for the same mafia boss who is trying to bring my father down” Alexa said.

“You knew”

“Of course, I knew but I do not form my own opinions on people just for what they are involved with, I am always able to see the person behind it” Alexa replied.

“You stayed with me even though you knew who my father really was and that this was the life I was doing to live in whether I want to or not” Rico said his eyes were wide as he stared at his girlfriend in shock, he could not get it through his head that someone actually loved him and wanted to be with him even though he was the son of a mafia boss and had forced his own friends to join this life in a way of protecting them from his father.

“Nah, I’m actually a hologram” Alexa joked causing the others to started laughing but the normal and pleasant atmosphere that they were used to with each other was soon broken when the bedroom door opened once more, and a middle-aged man stepped inside, he had short spiky black hair with a tanned complexion and his eyes were brown, yet they seem to be black, he wore a three-piece suit and had a gun strap to his side.

This was Marcus Willaburth, Rico’s father.