03: It’s Not the End

HOUR GLASS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The morning starts with the usual explanation of Baekhyun about their love life and Chanyeol’s confusion on why he’s in a hospital. Chanyeol is already paralysed on his legs and Baekhyun has to get more help from the nurse to take care of him. Before he went to work, Chanyeol asked him to bring him to the beach at night and Baekhyun promised he would accompany him for the date. Once Baekhyun left the room, Chanyeol started a conversation with the nurse.

“Um, nurse. Is that guy really my husband?”

“Yes, he basically stay here since you got admitted around two weeks ago.” The nurse said, while preparing his medicine. “He’s a really devoted husband, and you’re very lucky to be married to him. I wish that I’ll get married to someone like that too.”

“Can you… tell me more about him? Like if he took care of me or anything about him that you know?”

“Well… all that I know is he’s very worried about your health, he knows that you’re not going to last long but he still holds on to you. He’s like an angel; you know?”

I know, I can feel it in my heart.

“And apart from that, he grants everything that you wish to do. Last time you asked him to bring you to the amusement park, Han river for a picnic, movie nights, and more. And he’s always true to his word, that he will do everything that you want to do. But it’s unfortunate that you don’t remember any of it.” The nurse pauses for a while. “I’m not sure if I can tell you this,”

“What is it? Can you tell me please?” the tone in Chanyeol’s voice is almost pleading and letting out a sigh, she went on and told him what happened a few days back.

 

A few days earlier…

Standing outside Chanyeol’s ward, Baekhyun is looking at his peacefully sleeping husband. He’s fidgeting his fingers and feels anxious as he keeps thinking of how fast the days are changing and time is running out for him. A tap on his shoulder woke him up from his thought. It’s the nurse that’s helping him taking care of Chanyeol.

“Mr. Byun, is there anything wrong?”

“No, it’s okay, I’m just, I don’t know…”

“It’s alright, you can tell me if anything’s bothering you,” she said. “Is it about your husband?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter