01: Stargazing

HOUR GLASS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The morning starts like the other morning when Chanyeol started losing his memory. Baekhyun reminded him of who they were and why he’s here. And as Chanyeol requested, he told him about how they got married in the first place. They spent the whole day in the hospital, occasionally going outside to greet doctors and watch the scenery. Baekhyun doesn’t show it, but he feels anxious as the time went by. And without him realising it, the sun already sets down the horizon, indicating he only has a few hours left with Chanyeol. Dr. Kim along with the nurses made one final visit to Chanyeol’s ward and their parents went for a visit too, before they’re left alone in the room.

“Baek-ah.” Chanyeol says. “You remember the promise you made, right?”

He sounds so weak. His whole body can’t be moved anymore, only his head. Chanyeol looks so pale, and it hurts Baekhyun even more to see him like this. The energetic Chanyeol that he knew isn’t there anymore. He looks so thin and his eyes are beginning to lose its light.

“Yes, let’s go.” Baekhyun carries him to his wheelchair. He notices the weight change in his husband. He’s so light compared to a few weeks ago. Baekhyun chokes up the lump that starts to form in his throat and tells himself he needs to hold on a little while longer. He starts pushing the wheelchair to the elevator towards the rooftop.

 

 

 

“Baek-ah.” Chanyeol calls out to him. “The sky looks so pretty from here.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter