07: Almost

HOUR GLASS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Good morning sunshine! Get up and wash your face, I got you a sandwich.”

Confused at the unfamiliarity, Chanyeol sits up on his bed. He looks around him. It’s the hospital, I’m in a ward?

“Yeol-ah, what are you doing? Go and wash your face, stinky.”

A stranger approached him, his face full of concern.

“Who… who are you?” Chanyeol voice came out croaky, morning voice.

“It’s not funny, Yeol.” Baekhyun said, feeling his forehead. “Are you sick? Having a fever?”

Frustrated, Chanyeol grunts. “I’m serious, who are you? Why am I here? Am I ill?”

And that’s when it hits Baekhyun. That there’s only seven days left for Chanyeol.

Chanyeol…

“I’ll tell you everything okay?” he starts. “I’m your husband, and you’re hospitalised here because of your disease. It has something to do with your brain.”

Chanyeol only replies with an ‘oh’ and went to the bathroom to wash his face.

 

 

 

“Doc, what can I do?” Baekhyun asked, frustrated over the fact that Chanyeol isn’t able to remember him.

“Firstly, Mr. Byun, it’s going to start like this, like what happened this morning. But he won’t completely forget you. You just have to remind him, constantly. However, the thing is…”

“What is it, doc?”

“He will actually gradually forget about you and all his memories. It is usually a slow process but we examined him and his case is different. The process for him will be rapid. And you know there’s only a week left, right?” without waiting for answer, Dr. Kim continued. “My advice for you is to just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter