Chapter 7 : The Visit

Rich Society
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 7 The Visit

 

All the time, people are influenced by their past and get caught up by it. Unresolved past will always come hunting them, unable to escape from it and locked up by its chains just like how unspoken feelings eat up the whole of their restrained hearts. A bitter past, a painful past and a sorrowful past, all these caused their unwanted present and a future that seems to be blurred. Yet occasionally, there are people who can break away from their past. But nevertheless, people drag themselves through it.

 

A joyous day it is for this group that recently achieved their first ever victory on a stage they dreamed of showcasing their talent. Rejoicing like champions still after a week has past, they have all came out of their dungeon and for an early night they have come up to take a break from their intensifying practices that seem don’t end from morning to night. Not in one of those naughty night clubs they often go to and not on the shopping district they often walk around but this time they have decided to spend their peaceful night on Lisa’s place that has turned lively and dynamic.

 

“Hey guys, can you guys help me out here? It’s so unfair letting me prepare all these foods for you!” Bam whined from the kitchen, setting all the delicious foods preserved for this night of celebration.

 

And from the living room where everyone is gathered with the karaoke on and cases of bottled drinks, Minzy coldly rejoins, “That’s the prize of having the most mistakes during the practice. It serves you right and we agreed to it before we even started our practice so quit complaining and do your job.”

 

Taeyang also teases shouting with a bottle of alcohol in his hands chilling on the couches, “Do your job properly kiddo! Don’t you mess up the foods Jennie made for us or else Lisa will kill you!”

 

“Right! Make it fast in there and just bring those foods in here! We want to taste Jennie’s cooking that Lisa always have every day~” Everyone chanted and laughed at the moping Bam in the dining table.

 

Yet Bam goes on wailing loud while setting the numerous plates of foods on the table, “Geez, why are you so cold to me but not to Lisa? She’s not helping at all! And where is Jennie in the first place? Why isn’t she here partying with us?”

 

“We can’t help it. The decent heir has another important appointment to attend. At least she apologized beforehand.” Minzy said and pointed at the note stuck on the walls containing Jennie’s early apology even before the party started.

 

Bam then picks up the note and reads, “To Lisa’s friends, I’m sorry I cannot welcome you tonight for the party at home. But, I cooked some for the group to enjoy. Lisa should know about it. I’ll try to catch up if ever I can. Love lots, Jennie.”

 

“Speaking of Lisa, where the hell did that brat go?” Taeyang then wondered, belatedly realizing that the blonde is nowhere to be found within their group in the living room.

 

The group started looking around them and their eyes roam all over the small living room. And from a quiet corner of the balcony with the open air, there they sighted Lisa tapping angrily on her phone, groaning at each tap she makes while making exasperated face. She didn’t notice of her friends approaching her, she didn’t hear Taeyang’s shout despite of just a meter away from her and shut her world entirely around her as her attention is fixated to nothing but to her phone’s screen waiting for it to bright up. They even turned off the karaoke but still, Lisa’s brains are nowhere to be found with them.

 

“Yah! Lalisa Manoban!” Minzy screamed right into her ears as she had enough of being ignored.

 

Startled from the call as if it’s the first time, the alarmed Lisa finally breaks her eyes from the phone and looks up to her friends asking in coy, “W-what?”

 

“What do you mean ‘what’? We should be the one asking you that! What are you doing here all by yourself and not having fun with us at all? Also, you’re completely engrossed with your phone the whole time looking like you’re ready to throw it down the ground floor.” Bam closely grilled their friend who has been spacing out from the group the entire time.

 

“Because…” Lisa pouted as she leaned against the rails.

 

Minzy snatched the phone from Lisa’s unguarded hands and there she finds out the cause of her mood swing and the others held the raging and exposed woman. Giggling, she publicizes to the amused group, “Eh~ I see. You’re worried for Jennie, huh? Your dear fiancé isn’t responding to your calls and messages.”

 

Curious Taeyang also joins Minzy in checking Lisa’s call registers and inbox and also chuckles to tease their flustered friend, “Yah, seriously? She just replied minutes ago that she’s fine and now you’re flooding her with messages again? What are you, obsessed? Did you guys have fight? You were just so sweet last time! Don’t tell me you did something again to make her be mad at you.”

 

“We didn’t fight. And of course, I didn’t do anything wrong. I’m trying to adjust for her too you know…” Lisa sulked as she fidgeted her fingers down her belly.

 

“Then what?” They all asked.

 

Ashamed to be seen flushing so mad, Lisa turned around to a space and explains faltering, “She went on a date with someone else.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I m-mean… it’s not a date. Well, I think it is though… or maybe I’m just assuming. I don’t know but then maybe it’s a date. She didn’t say it’s a date but there are just only two of them together. So yeah, maybe it’s a date. Really, I don’t know… it’s frustrating me…” Lisa stumbled with her words, uncertain of what to say and how to convey her thoughts in whole properly.  

 

Her tangled interpretations only caused huge laughter from her group and Lisa kept mum in guilt. Truly, she’s frustrated that she cannot keep her mind straight, in a way that her rumbled mind keeps on imagining scenes that’s not supposed to be there in the first place. It angers her that her fiancé is out of her eyes, far from her senses and worse she’s totally dumbfounded of her situation. However, it worries her, Jennie not being beside her is what troubles her the most and she cannot deny it for even her heart refuses to be at ease.

 

“Lisa, please be clear. We can’t understand and we can’t help you out if you’re that crashed. C’mon, calm down and collect yourself.” Taeyang consoled after they had just mocked.

 

Lisa takes one last deep breath before she expresses accurately, “This morning, I just found that note on the wall and when I called her to ask about it, she said she has an appointment with Kim Jisoo and that she’ll be having her dinner in their mansion because she was invited. I didn’t even know who the hell was that so I searched for it on the internet, only to find out it’s one of the Prime Minister’s daughters and she’s the same woman whom I saw with her one time.”

 

“That’s not a date then. It can be just a formal visit between powerful people. It normally happens in the rich society so don’t be surprised. Even you and Jennie first met during a business meeting, right? It can be the same with them too, only that they are friends to begin with. Just think of it as a courtesy visit to the Prime Minister too.” Taeyang pointed out and everyone agreed in a nod.

 

However, Lisa maintains grumbling while parading all over the living room, “You don’t understand. You don’t know how I feel! Last time I saw Jisoo with Jennie, I honestly didn’t like it. I don’t feel good about them. I don’t know but I just don’t like the way Jisoo looks at Jennie and I’m bothered on how Jennie accommodates her that much. Also, lately, Jennie isn’t talking to me as much as before and I’m starting to hate it. For the past week, I don’t even see her that much. She’s already out whenever I wake up and she’ll just leave my foods on the dining table. She’s already asleep whenever I come back home and I can’t even ask how her day went. And to think that she might be with Jisoo all the time in the university, it really frustrates. Now they are together again and worse she’s not responding to my calls. It’s been always like that. When will we ever talk then? I don’t even know what’s going on with her right now!”

 

The group has gone thunderstruck from her long breathless rant, has their jaws dropping in shock of her sudden attitude and looked at each other in disclosure. Lisa couldn’t hold it back and snapped in one go, exposing herself how infuriated she feels right at this moment she cannot get reach of her fiancé. For as long as they can all remember, Lisa isn’t the type to be showing her emotions vulgarly and if not normally, most of the times she’ll stay silent and let her feelings fade inside her but here she is, barking her sentiments.

 

“Uhm… Lisa?” Minzy tried to speak out and got these eagle eyes from Lisa. “Aren’t you just… overthinking things? They are just friends and just like you, you’re with us having a good time and so she can to. You’re getting jealous and being unreasonable.” 

 

“J-j-jealous? I’m not jealous! I’m just worried! W-w-we’re friends after all! I get worried for her as much as I get worried for the all of you!” Lisa spluttered in denial, rejecting this unusual frustration bottling up in her heart but as she contradicts with her genuine feelings, the more it gets her overly conscious.

 

“Okay, okay! We get it! You don’t have to be so defensive.” Bam said but silently laughing at Lisa’s attitude, faltering and totally stroppy.

 

As a solution to end Lisa’s irrationality and frustration, Taeyang suggests, “If you’re that worried then let’s all wait for her to come back. You can’t possibly go and fetch her in the Prime Minister’s mansion since surely they won’t let you in there. All you can do is to wait for her then at least once she arrives at home, you can have a talk. We’ll stay here until she arrives and while we do then let’s just enjoy this party. Jennie made an effort for us just to set this party up so let’s not spoil the fun!”

 

“That’s a brilliant idea!” Minzy excitedly agreed and follows up, “Besides, everyone wants to meet her up close and talk to her too, right? We came all the way here. We might as well just enjoy this while waiting!”

 

Despite of getting everyone’s consent and agreement, Lisa’s baby cries goes on as her body rolls all over the couch, “Jennie! I want her here! Bring her back! I want Jennie!”

 

Likewise to the group’s party filled with happiness, it’s a joyous night after the long hours of doing nothing but studying in the university for Jennie whose time finally found its space for her most awaited visit she has been trying to schedule at the Prime Minister’s mansion. In her tight yet strict schedule, Jennie, somehow, managed to fit in her time table for this rare opportunity she’s given to visit the country’s most powerful man. The night is still early and young, just perfect time to enjoy and start this momentous night at the well-secured mansion prepared for her arrival along with Jisoo, the one who generously instigated everything.

 

“Woah, so this is where the Prime Minister lives? As expected…” That’s Jennie’s initial reaction, amazed and dazed to see this mansion as expansive as theirs right in front of her glittering eyes, only that it’s swarmed with securities outside to differ it.

 

Jisoo who walks beside her respectfully welcomes, “Please make yourself feel at home. Don’t be reserved. We really anticipated your visit tonight so we prepared the mansion for you.”

 

Aside from the mansion being circled with tight securities in and out, it is also extraordinarily decorated with a flowery garden in the wide front yard covering the barricades made of bricks to make it colorful under the yellow lights with assorted fragrances that truly captivated Jennie’s attention. And as they walk further until they opened the mansion’s guarded front door and marched in, Jennie is again welcomed with amazement. She’s flabbergasted not because of how extravagant the interior is, but she’s amazed on how simple it is, from the set-up to design, showing the family’s modesty from it.

 

Because of the overwhelming admiration, Jennie’s arms habitually linked onto Jisoo’s, clinging onto her arms while she keeps her huge eyes roaming as she said, “I never thought I’d be able to enter this mansion! It’s so beautiful! Everything is just so wonderful in here!”

 

“Really? I’ll take that as a compliment. Thank you.” Jisoo radiated, smiling right back at Jennie who returned the same.

 

Not long after the two friends walked in, the glad Prime Minister excitedly displays from the second floor, coming down from the spiral carpeted staircases to formally meet the decent visitor, “Welcome Jennie Kim! It’s so nice to finally meet the sole heir of the World Hotel!”

 

Jennie nervously extended her hands for a formal handshake but the powerful man approached for a casual embrace like how her father does to her. And this got her stuttering as she returns the hug awkwardly, “It’s n-nice to finally m-meet you too, sir… It’s such a great honor to be invited here.”

 

“My, my… you don’t have to be so nervous.” He laughed out loud then gives Jennie a gentle pat by her head like a little girl to assure, “Please treat this mansion like your home too since you’re Jisoo’s close friend. My daughter always talks about you whenever I talk to her and I knew you’re as lovely as what everyone has been saying. Jisoo said so that you’re charming and I’m glad she saw that in you. You know, my daughter rarely compliments someone else.”

 

As he said, Jisoo immediately crunches flushing, “Dad, you don’t really have to say those things! You’re embarrassing me!”

 

“I was just trying to calm her! And moreover, what I’m saying is true!” Her father argued back.

 

Jennie timidly steps back and in silence she witnesses the daughter and father immaturely bickering upon her. Seconds ago she’s so tensed she couldn’t look straight into the Prime Minister’s eyes for his presence gave her huge impact and impression. Conversely, this man she now faces isn’t that kind of strict and serious man she often sees on televisions and news, not that man who controls the country but turned out to be a simple and carefree father, a typical father to a jolly daughter who took after his personality. These facts she had observed soon eased her tension, loosening from her stiffness and later breaks into laughter, hence, breaking the argument happening in front of her.

 

Realizing the dispute has long stopped and she’s being looked at questionably, Jennie contains her giggles then put herself together as she clarifies, “Ah sorry. It’s just that I never thought it would be like this. I guess I’m just overjoyed for tonight. Because, you see, it’s one in a million chances that the busiest family in the country would make time for someone like me just for a dinner.”

 

The Prime Minister stands firm, extending the same gratitude, “Thank you for sparing a time to grant my wishes to meet you too. It’s just unfortunate that my wife isn’t here right now to meet you as well; she’s currently in overseas watching over my two other children, that’s why. I know you’re just as busy as we are but you managed to squeeze in your schedule for us.” Then he bowed and so Jennie bent down the same for the courtesy.

 

Jisoo also backs up cheerful, “I hope you won’t regard this night as a business or formal meeting. You didn’t come here for business purposes but to simply enjoy this night.”

 

“Okay.” Jennie happily nodded.

 

“Since you came a little earlier than expected, please allow us to take you on a tour around the mansion while waiting for the dinner to be served.” The Prime Minister proposed and presented the lavish mansion as he proudly spread his arms.

 

“That would be great!” Jennie eagerly accepted.

 

Like a family, together with Jisoo and her father, Jennie is being guided all over the mansion, being introduced even to the workers around and familiarizing her everywhere they can lead on to. Jennie is treated the same as how the Prime Minister respects everyone else, making it easy for her to adjust and exchange conversation without worries. The family’s courteousness got Jennie hooked that she had forgotten of everything but this warmth she’s receiving, even got her phone ignored that’s been endlessly ringing in her satchel bag.

 

While they walk all over the mansion leisurely, Jisoo’s loud mouth has been zipped the whole time which the two busily discussing doesn’t notice, for the reason that she’s so immersed with this moment she doesn’t want to end. She has her eyes glued onto this beauty whose hands are tightly gripping into her arms. She can see Jennie talking with her father beside her but she cannot hear a single word for her world is wholly revolving around to nothing but to Jennie’s beauty.

 

“I hope this night won’t end anymore.” Jisoo thought as she prayed, giving Jennie all the authority to cling onto her as she enjoys it after all.

 

Jisoo’s dreams ended not for so long however, shattering her visions of a blissful night. She heard their conversation deepening while they walk as the Prime Minister finally asks, “Oh, you also started your engaged life with the Manoban, right Jennie? So how is it going?”

 

Jennie for a second has gone staggered as they were just normally talking moments ago and completely taken aback with the sudden inquiry. Though she didn’t stop from marching forward with him, her mind temporarily stop from working. Just when she thought she got her mind off from Lisa, here comes destiny bringing Lisa back to her mind, and just the mere mention of her engaged life got her a little dull and speechless.

 

“It’s going well.” Jennie shortly responded faking a smile.

 

“That’s good to hear then.” The Prime Minister exhaled in relief and finally they rest by the mansion’s veranda located second floor to have some fresh air from the night’s cold breeze. But then as he looks far at the ground floor, he sadly mumbles, “If I’m not mistaken, your engagement was only set by this society, right? You’ll be having a partnership with them so as a knowledgeable man in this field of unfair world I know what’s going on behind those upfront curtains.”

 

“Y-yeah… our parents brought us up.” Jennie hesitantly nodded and in apprehension she unconsciously tightened her grasp onto Jisoo’s arms which she hasn’t let go for a split second yet.

 

“It’s expected for people like us, in this rich society. I don’t know much about the Manoban since they’re just a foreign business people importing their goods and services in the country. Even I don’t have an idea who their heir is but I have a little background of them. Although that may be the case, as an adult man who experienced the cruelty of this society, I ask you to hang on. This rich society we live in can out all our freedom and right to choose but I hope that despite of how cruel it is, you’ll still find happiness. It’s going to be a wild ride and you’ll experience pain during the process but soon, you’ll get immune to it.” The Prime Minister sincerely said, yet so low it almost turned into a whisper for himself.

 

His words have gotten so deep yet meaningful that Jennie can only blink her eyes and tilt her head in daze then she shifts her eyes to Jisoo who’s recognized in a grimace as she lowers down her head. She doesn’t know how to react or what to say from his sudden earnestness and kept her thinking where he dug his words. Thankfully, the ring from his phone because of an urgent call broke their heavy silence and later the Prime Minister in a moment excused himself, leaving her with Jisoo alone for more talks.

 

Jisoo breaks the silence in a pretentious laugh as she finally lets go of herself from Jennie’s hold, “My dad is weird, isn’t he? He suddenly talked about rich society’s cruelty when he was just all silly a while ago.”

 

“It’s alright.” Jennie said but has her mind wondering why.

 

“What he said is true though.” Jisoo bitterly smiled as pieces of painful memories flashed into her mind. “I heard from my mom that she and dad only married because of politics at first, because of power and the authority that everyone is expecting from them. My grandparents also brought them up together and forced into a marriage. I also found out not long ago that dad used to have girlfriend too back in the days, someone he really loves but they were forced to be separated because of this society he needs to please. But still, dad found happiness in mom that’s why we’re born. I think dad is trying to tell you that despite of how biased this society can be, you should learn how to love and appreciate the good things in it. I can’t blame dad if he’s bitter sometimes, especially whenever he recalls the past. Rich society is so unfair after all. Even you’re a victim of this unfair society, isn’t it? You’re forced into a marriage you didn’t wish in the first place.”

 

“Jisoo…” Jennie tried to relief her as she caressed her back.

 

But Jisoo went on with her sentiments, “I was formed because of this unjust society. I’m thankful for that of course but I just hate the fact that this rich society can control anything, the past, the present and even the future. I admit I’m scared to look at my future sometimes too, because, you know, I might end up with the same fate, same fate as you have. I wonder if we can even fight and go against our fates in this rich society.”

 

“I believe you can. We can change our fate. I don’t know how but I know we can because I believe so.” Jennie positively remarked.

 

And this got Jisoo sighing, “You really are an optimistic one. No wonder everyone likes you. But, what you’re saying is quite impossible to achieve you know. Being the Prime Minister’s daughter is tough at times.”

 

The sadness is Jisoo’s voice is so evident that Jennie cannot overlook it. She got her eyes rolling up not to let her tears that formed in her eyes fall, trying to be as strong as Jennie thinks she is. She can put her strong appearance all the time. She can have this smile in her face anytime she wants to but never she can hide her painful past, her history that can slurp all this happiness inside, not even Jennie’s presence can ease it. Jennie has no argument to say more, for even herself, in the depths of her, she knows Jisoo is partly right but her heart that keeps on fighting is what makes her competitive in this society.   

 

Not knowing what to do and how to comfort her from these thoughts, Jennie ended up pulling her pitiful friend into an embrace, thinking she needed it for a minute. “C’mon, cheer up! No doubt the Prime Minister really is your father! You’re just as weird as him! You’re the ones who told me to enjoy this night yet you’re being so dramatic! Please, smile for me. You know I don’t want to see you sad like this. I like the jolly Jisoo more than this.” She then tried to put that smile back in her face by forcing to stretch her cheeks upwards.

 

Childish she may be, but Jisoo finds Jennie’s silliness helpful that she can form a smile without the aid of Jennie’s playful hands. The way she can easily make her laugh and her care, Jisoo with no doubt, she knows these are just some of Jennie’s traits she has learned to love, and that her looks are just a bonus to add on it. However, no matter how deep Jisoo’s love can go for her, at some point she has to realize facts, the reality that the rich society has given her.

 

Though she somewhat regrets, Jisoo has to voice it out, “You’re going home right after the dinner, right?”

 

“Yeah. Lisa is waiting for me. Her friends are also at home too. She won’t just leave me alone, see?” Jennie said and showed her phone that’s flooded with unread messages from Lisa.

 

“I see.” Jisoo hideously frowned but in a split second she faked her chortle, “Let’s go back down then and have our dinner. I don’t want Lisa to blame me if anything happens to you. I don’t want to keep you up late too since you have to rest early. I’ve told dad about your condition too so that he would be aware of the time and he won’t take the dinner for too long.”

 

“Thanks, Jisoo.” Jennie grinned.

 

Jennie’s hands find its way back into Jisoo’s dependable arms as they walk down together while sharing good laughs and stories. Having Jisoo with her makes her feel secured and protected, and Jennie has been feeling this every time they are together. She cannot disagree with her excitement whenever she’s with her and never once Jisoo failed to make her smile. Yet, nevertheless, even if her heart does skip a beat for Jisoo at times especially when she does something amusing, it doesn’t match for whatever she has for Lisa. And as these outlooks grow continuously for Lisa, she can feel and confirm for herself the difference between her and Jisoo, differentiating the feelings she has for both.

 

The couple is separately relishing their night, but not all people in this society experience the same amount of independence and contentment. Anyone, the general public, who doesn’t belong to this social order may envy the rich society’s wealth and all the luxuries they have but unknown to what their bare eyes can see is the painful sufferings and truth happening behind all of it.

 

One of the best examples, a victim of these torments is Chaeyoung, a lady who dug her own miseries; all for this fate she has to undertake in this society which she believes is inevitable. Behind those smiles she radiates to her fans are sorrows no one can see as she cries herself to sleep. Never once she found herself genuinely happy in the hands of her soon-to-be-husband, tied under his orders and complying with all his commands. Not even once, ever since the day she fell into his chains, she became contended at least a day of her life.

 

“Chaeyoung! Chaeyoung!”

 

Chaeyoung who’s already resting on an early night is bombarded with a loud shout of fury from her fiancé, arriving in his heavy footsteps rampantly pacing towards her room she left open. To have him and to hear him mad almost every single day isn’t new to her but his temper gets worse every time, and she cannot do anything about it, not even to control his temperament getting worse than the yesterdays.   

       

Chaeyoung forced her tired body up her bed to welcome her fiance by the door and asks drowsy, “What?”

 

The man slammed papers on the floor right in front of Chaeyoung, waking her senses straight back and has her wide awake in shock. Closely, he rants, “What did I tell you before I went out this morning? I told you to compile all my files and documents for my meeting, didn’t I? But what the hell is this? I went to the meeting with these jammed and rumbled papers! You almost ruined my meeting!”

 

Offended of her man’s sudden rampage, Chaeyoung answers back as fury as him, “You should have double checked it before you went out and started the meeting! Don’t put all the blame on me! I have works to do too and I’m busy with my job just like you!”

 

“That’s why I told you before to quit that job, stay home and do your part as my wife! You’re not listening to me at all!” He roared straight into the defeated woman’s pale face.

 

Chaeyoung later broke out into tears and weeps so hard, “Is this you’re really going to tell me after you’ve just returned? Aren’t you going to ask me at least if how I am and if I’m doing fine with all of this? Won’t you at least show that you care for once? Seriously, why did I end up choosing you? Why did I even decide to go with you and marry you? How I wish I didn’t end up with someone like you…”

 

Yet the heartless man only laughs at her thoughts, “Do you really think your parents would allow you to do so? Even if you’re against this, you can’t do anything but to follow. And it’s not my fault anymore if you’re this miserable living with me because you wouldn’t be feeling like that in the first place if only you’re following the rules. Our society is as simple as that yet your useless pride is getting on the way.”

 

“You’re horrible…” Chaeyoung cried in her stand, almost getting weak to bend on her knees.

 

“Whatever. I’m so tired of your dramas. I’ve had enough. I guess it would have been better if I stayed at the office rather than coming back home to hear your pointless arguments.” The man ranted last before he stepped out of their home, leaving his fiancé vulnerable all alone.

 

Helpless Chaeyoung let him be, leaving her the traces of his wrath scattered on the floor and her endless tears dripping down on it. The pressure and stress is too much for her to handle alone, no matter how strong she think she can be. She has reached her limit and to go over it, she’s scared to do so, afraid of the rich society’s consequences, and it has been like that for her. She wants to break free, but the world won’t let her be and in the end, her coward side resulted into an unwanted present and a dark future ahead of her.

 

“I shouldn’t have left Lisa. I should have fought for us. If I did then this wouldn’t be happening to me.” Chaeyoung cried loud as she reflected to her past and like always, there’s no one to catch her from this drastic fall. However, she has come to the edge wherein she has to whack off this intimidation holding her back. 

 

The night isn’t young anymore yet not too late to end the day but the small celebration by the victorious group has come to a conclusion as Lisa’s friends are completely wasted, drunken and totally out of intoxication while only a few were left standing conscious and one of which left in her feet is Lisa, who never, not a single bottle, taken in anything. She did nothing but to watch her friends partying hard while she sits there worrying for Jennie, and her mind out of the world up until this very moment that the party is done and she has to fix these intoxicated friends of hers sprawled everywhere in the living room like dead bodies.

 

“You’re lucky we love you enough not to get wild and drunk like the others just so that you’ll have us help you out to fix everything in here.” Bam sighed as he came from the kitchen after finishing his own tasks in the sink.

 

Minzy later follows who’s out from the washroom, “Your fiancé might sue us for messing up your place.”

 

“Don’t worry. Jennie is nice and understanding. She won’t get mad at us.” Lisa confidently said while pulling some bodies into the couch.

 

“Oh~ who would have thought you care that much for her that you noticed all of those.” Taeyang teased that caused some silent giggles from them.

 

Lisa creased her eyebrows and asks dumfounded, “What do you mean by that? I’ve always been like this, right? Am I not?”

 

Minzy, being the blunt amongst the group, leaned against the walls and openly comments, “To be frank, you might not noticed but you changed a lot ever since Chaeyoung left you and we’re glad that you’re somewhat returning to the old you, the caring one, protective and considerate. We can’t blame you though.”

 

“Well… I…” Lisa lowered down her head in guilt, standing in the middle of the living room while her friends just stare at her.

 

“I wonder if it’s because of Jennie. We’ve seen you care too much for Chaeyoung before but to tell you honestly, I’ve observed that this is the first time I’ve seen you overly jealous and not to mention overly sensitive too when we talk about Jennie. You never did the same to Chaeyoung back then.” Bam pointed out which hit Lisa’s heart, just right for her to flush in redness.

 

“Really?” Lisa asked in disbelief.

 

And the two nodded, “Yeah. Do we have to tell it to you before you even realize yourself?”

 

Now that it has come to this, Lisa settled herself on the couch as she sat there in her thoughts that she digs to the deepest, her thoughts that has been kept and left unsaid. In an earnest she decided to confess and open up these feelings, “I admit it still hurts whenever I remember Chaeyoung, especially when I see some things that remind me of her and I wouldn’t know what to do still if ever I see her again face-to-face. Will I push her away? Will I even talk to her? Or will I act so friendly as if I’ve completely moved on. Really, I don’t know yet. However, whenever I’m with Jennie I feel so free, whenever she’s right beside me I instantly forget everything that has happened in the past, all the bitterness and pain fade away when I’m with Jennie. That’s why, I always want Jennie to be around me and with that, I’m sure I’ll just be fine and I have nothing to worry about. Somehow, I’ve grown to like her.”

 

Her friends heard her sincere confession clear, so flawless that it washed all their bad views of Lisa. It is one rare moment to see her this sincere and careful with her words and to hear her sharing her deepest thoughts she doesn’t normally share and keep it inside, right here right now they know she’s not that joker and not that womanizer they often witness, but the deepest and sincerest personality of her they’ve always known existing within the depths of her heart.

 

“Do you have plans to tell Jennie about Chaeyoung?” Taeyang who has been silent the entire time they have been exchanging confessions finally spoke out.

 

Lisa nodded a little hesitant, “Y-yeah. I’m planning to tell her soon but I just don’t know how to. I mean, I don’t know how and where to start and I’m a bit afraid of how she might react to it.”

 

Taeyang warily faces Lisa and tell her face-to-face, close and grave, “You better tell her soon because she’s mindful about your past and has always been aware of Chaeyoung even before the dance competition started. No one told her anything. None of us opened up about Chaeyoung to her. It’s just Jennie herself who found out about it. She’s smart and it seems like you underestimated her intelligence and you’re just that careless.”

 

Lisa gasped in shock. She cannot collect her crashed mind that suddenly struck her and totally thundered inside. “All this time, she knew about it? Does that mean she already knew about Chaeyoung that night after the first round of the competition? Why didn’t I notice anything? Is this even why she’s a little distant from me these past days?” She then asked herself aloud.

 

“Sorry I didn’t tell you about it sooner because I wanted you to realize it yourself.” Taeyang sighed.

 

The revelation turned Lisa into a cold ice in her stand and became more frozen when they all heard the door opening behind Lisa where the clueless Jennie of the current talk entered dazzling like how she always is. They have successfully fixed the place not to worry Jennie but the reeks of all the alcohols they had still fumes all over, making her cringe as she walks further in to meet the remaining conscious friends of her fiancé.

 

 “I’m home.” Jennie belatedly announced.

 

Jennie’s eyes were busily wandering around, not until she dropped her eyes onto these people standing awkwardly in their own places, surrounding Lisa who’s nervously glaring at her. As she’s unaware of everything that has happened before her arrival, she ended up returning the same idiotic smile like what she’s receiving from them, except for Lisa whose lips remained dull and evidently shaky for some reason that Jennie is unknown of.

 

“W-welcome back.” Taeyang voiced in behalf of his stunned friends.

 

Then Minzy recollected herself, both from being stunned because of Jennie’s close up beauty and from the talk they were having, as she takes her turn, “It’s finally nice to meet you, Jennie. Well, we already know you thanks to the news and already met you once at the dance competition but this is the first time to have you this close.”

 

“Wow, you’re really beautiful.” Bam dazed and dreamily stares into Jennie’s captivating eye smile.

 

Their unending praises towards Jennie snapped Lisa back to the reality, escaping from her thoughts of Chaeyoung, especially as they walked closer to her and touched her in a friendly way, yet Lisa’s overly sensitive sight perceives it as flirting. She tried to ignore a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter