Chapter 14 : Just The Two of Us

Rich Society
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This is just an extra chapter. This chapter includes some facts and scenes that aren't supposed to be mentioned anymore but let me just add this.

I also removed the /rated R part for this chapter to keep it neutral. There might be y scenes though but it's not ually explicit so it's safe for everyone to read. 

Enjoy. 

================================

Chapter 14 Just The Two of Us

 

Rich Society's Fairytale: The Road to Eternal Happiness

 

The Rich Society has proven that true love does exist, hiding behind the eyes of the public as Lalisa Manoban proposed to her future business partner but most importantly her soon-to-be wife, Jennie Kim and garnered worldwide attention for the memorable marriage proposal held in a public place, Central Park. The couple received various opinions from the people the first time their engagement was publicized and was rained with criticisms more than compliments. While it may be true that they were forcibly coupled for business purposes, since there's no confirmation coming from both parties, it soon bloomed into something real and now envied by all.

 

'What a proposal! It's very well-prepared and planned! Effort check!'

'I want a Lalisa Manoban in my life!'

'Can I be Jennie Kim for one night?'

'So rich society also knows real love? Impressive!'

'It feels like a fairytale. Who would have thought this kind of romance can be real? I'm so thrilled!'

'I can't believe that a decent heir ended up falling in love with an unruly heir. I'm looking forward to see Lalisa Manoban change.'

'They are relationship goals! We need to learn from them!'

 

These are just some of the comments from the netizens and people personally interviewed by the press. Indeed, this is magical for everyone and definitely will last a long time in public's interest, giving hopes for everyone particularly for the rich people belonging to the rich society to achieve one great true love. The heirs are openly dating lately and going strong according to the families' recent statement. Let's hope their love will long last forever. Congratulations to Jennie and Lisa!

 

On the other news, Lalisa Manoban also passed her college entrance exams and she's expected to start her college life this coming school year at the same university where her wife-to-be attends and Jennie is on her way for a complete recovery. For the meantime, the couple shall enjoy their break before hectic schedules will resume next month for them.

 

Starting the day is this article flashed in front of the daily newspaper that's almost being read by the whole city. It's creating a huge impact not only within the mass but also for their businesses as well that are expanding its brand to the investors amazed of their unconditional love. For the very first time, finally, Lisa with her two emotional teary eyes has seen positive news about her and her relationship with Jennie. She's still in the process of sinking all these news in her heart that's overwhelming with positivity while her fiancé had already done it.

 

Weeping in their living room early morning, Lisa holds onto the newspaper and overacts, "Babe! It's not just on tabloid anymore! It's on newspaper! It's real! We're on the newspaper's front page! We made it to the headlines! Isn't that great?"

 

Jennie though came out of the room groaning, limping as she walks to join her fiancé in the couch, "You're over reacting... of course that's expected after everything that happened..."

 

"Whatever. I'm going to cut this out and put it on a frame." Lisa said so proud and placed the newspaper on a keep safe.

 

Jennie sat beside her, groaning in pain still while she holds on her waist, "I feel so sore Lisa. It feels like my thighs are going to break apart. I think my groin is swollen..."

 

Lisa worriedly stares close at her red face and asks, "Why? Should we have that checked to a doctor?"

 

But she receives a deathly glare in return with a mock from Jennie, "Really now Lisa... you're asking me that? And you're telling me to have this pain check to a doctor. So if they ask why too, am I going to tell them because Lisa did me last night and it was my first time and that you did great? Go to hell... I can't possibly tell outsiders about last night and I was expecting you to know better than I am when it comes to this."

 

"Oh yeah...right..." Lisa awkwardly laughed at her late realization.

 

Yes it is, that night is their most memorable night as a couple, especially for Jennie. The entrance exams that Lisa passed, the successful marriage proposal and the late night full of romance, all were done smoothly in a day and definitely, they will mark the day in their calendar. Lisa is Jennie's first and even with this body pain she's having, not once she feels regretful having it and Lisa be smiling wide so proud of her own best hard work she can only render to Jennie.

 

Lisa helps her fiancé to be properly positioned in her seat, to make her feel comfortable while she earnestly apologizes, "I'm sorry. I didn't know it will turn out like this for you. I guess I went a little overboard. Should I buy you some pain relievers?"

 

Jennie however stops her as she holds her hand mumbling timid and blushing, "No. It's alright. It will be gone soon. Just stay here with me. Besides, I didn't stop you last night so don't apologize."

 

Lisa smirked as she stared at her closer with those cheeks growing pink, her fingers clumsily fidgeting her hand on top of her lap and her head later dropped to her shoulder for a rest and Lisa nuzzled her to enjoy the comfort she can get from her, from her dependable shoulder with an arm protecting her from the cold air. She just loves everything about Jennie, from how professional she can be when dealing with business matters to how clumsy she can be whenever she becomes extraordinarily clingy and touchy.

 

"By the way, it's your break too, right? I mean at the university?" Lisa asked in a husky tone while she plays with Jennie's hair strands.

 

Jennie nodded simply, "Yeah. Final exams are over and I'm done with the requirements too. I'll meet with Nayeon later though. I have to return some things to her."

 

"Then..." Lisa slightly shifted her relaxed position to face her fiancé then she said, "I have something to tell you actually... I know you'll like it though."

 

"What is it?" Jennie lazily asked but has her eyes rolling up to meet Lisa's gazes just above her.

 

Lisa then opens up with a huge grin, "I'm going back to Thailand to get some of my papers and documents. The university is requiring me to submit all my credentials and I left some at home in Thailand. So, I want you to come with me and maybe we can have our private vacation in Phuket too. It's just the two of us together, far from the public's eyes and to take a break from everything too."

 

"Like a getaway?" Jennie smiled with excitement.

 

"Yeah. Exactly. We'll pay a short visit at home so that you can meet grandma too and I can formally introduce you as well. Maybe you can also meet some of my friends too. We’ll stay in our mansion for the first day since Phuket is quite far from the capital. We’ll have to take another flight to go there for the next day morning. It’s one of the best places in Thailand by the way. Beaches are beautiful so I'm sure you'll love the place. It's perfect to get away and free yourself from this toxic city." Lisa said so articulate and so precise with her words.

 

Which led Jennie into suspicions as she creased her eyebrows and glared yet smirking, "You planned this out, didn't you?"

 

Lisa chortles while scratching her red shy cheeks, "Well... sort of. I already booked a reservation for a week in Phuket when you're still sleeping a while ago and I already called home too so that they can prepare our room for the night. I was just thinking we need some time alone too. You know, we'll both get busy with our studies soon and we might not have a lot of time to be so carefree like this when the new school year starts. I want to take advantage of my time with you."

 

Jennie squealed and suddenly jolted up her seat just to dive onto Lisa, pinning her on the couch as if her pain she has doesn't even exist while Lisa immediately circled her arms around Jennie's waist to prevent her from falling straight down the cold floor. She got herself so excited and thrilled, she couldn't hide her overjoy of Lisa's plans for them. She's got herself too hyped by just imagining the possible outcome of their week alone together, just the two of them.

 

Jennie gave Lisa a quick kiss by her nose then enthusiastically asks, "When are we going?"

 

"Tomorrow morning."

 

And Jennie's face turns into a sudden horror, "Tomorrow? That's too soon! Dad won't allow us! You know how tight and strict he gets when it comes to us! I haven't packed anything either!"

 

"Really?" Lisa for a second got worried but then she sloppily smiles, "Let's not tell him."

 

"What?"

 

Lisa kept her murky smile as she goes on, "Let's only tell him once we're already in Thailand." Then she shifts into her soft expression as she closes, "Your dad already entrusted you to me. There won't be any problem. And it's our first time travelling together. I can't possibly let it be so simple, right? I got this and I got you."

 

Lisa's voice is too alluring that Jennie can only end up nodding in agreement, "Okay. You'll be there so I guess I'll be just fine."

 

"So it's settled?" Lisa beamed and Jennie bobbed rapidly on top of her, so close to her face looking like a five-year-old girl spoiled with all the good things in life. "That's it then. You better go meet Nayeon now so that we can spend the whole day to prepare. I'll go meet my friends for a bit too. Call me where I'll be fetching you." She then ordered and got another nod from Jennie which came with another kiss.

 

"Aye, aye sir!" Jennie saluted and immediately went on move.

 

The couple already started their day so bright, however, there can be people whose morning is as bland as their feelings and one of them is Jisoo spending her break going nowhere but laying around their palace. She has done her part in the war. She has officially closed the war but her heart stays open. Seeing today's newspaper didn't do anything good to her dried heart as she envies more of the couple while she remains single, free and loveless then adding these extra jobs she has to work on as a daughter of a great Prime Minister.

 

"Jisoo..." The Prime Minister called his daughter whom he caught playing with her platform games in her opened room.

 

"Yes dad?" Jisoo replied while her focus is onto her game, eyes fixated on the wide screen.

 

The fed up father forced shut down her game, creating a loud whine from the spoiled Jisoo yet behaved at once upon noting that deathly glare from a Prime Minister, not as a father. Hence, she seated attentive in her bedside and looks up to the man asking, "So what is it dad? I'm sensing you're going to give me a job?"

 

Her father confirms nodding, "Yes. There is. This is for you to prepare for your future too as a potential politician, that's if you want to."

 

"Just make sure it wouldn't be a difficult task. I'm not yet that fully prepared to be jiving along with some old men in your office and some politics-related talks with the experts. I might end up getting bored and forget to smile at them." Jisoo demanded as she crossed her arms.

 

Her father assures and expounds smiling, "Oh no. You won't be attending such conferences, though you will be attending an event in Australia. I was invited for a lunch gathering by a good friend back in the days and there will be a lot of influential people attending that event. And since I'm such a busy man, I can’t obviously attend the said event. So I'm asking you to go in behalf of me."

 

"What? Overseas? Dad, that's just too far! And I'm all alone? How can I live?" Jisoo whined yet she accepted the invitation in her hands.

 

"Don't worry. I will have set everything for you from your hotel accommodation to your travel and guides." Her father said then in a rustle he continues, "I'll give you some allowance too..."

 

And that gave Jisoo for an instant answer, "Of course I'll go. You should have told me about the allowance earlier. I'm going to prepare for this then."

 

"Seriously, I think I spoiled her quite a bit." Her father mumbled to himself.

 

The Prime Minister only looked at his daughter's back as she hopped out of her room happily. All these days she was so down he couldn't paint this face. Even now, although her giggles and smiles are evidently forced, perhaps trying not to make a supportive father worried, Jisoo's still in the midst of moving on and all is apparent from her day to day pretentious hype.

 

The day continues on and it can only keep on getting brighter each minute. Anytime, everywhere, the fairytale-like proposal can be heard on talks in the streets, may it be students to working classes, up to the news that keeps on looping the coverage of the night's magical moment. Definitely, such given moment is will forever be imprinted into everyone's heart, especially for the one who was benefitted the most who still can't get over from the night's events, those words of vow and those moments that she can only have and no one else.

 

Together with her best friend in their favorite cafe, Jennie spends some quality time. She has overheard of the commoner's gossips and she has heed their admiration towards their relationship, especially to Lisa who is flooded with positive responses with her maturity and herself being a lucky women that every girl envies. Jennie has been absorbing all this news she cannot cut off that sweet smile in her face.

 

Nayeon snapped her fingers in front of her spacing out best friend grinning from that last conversation she overheard and said, "Girl, c'mon. Get over it. I know you're one of the luckiest women in the world now but at least calm yourself. You look like an idiot smiling by yourself."

 

Jennie then defends her emotions as she banters, "It's not that easy to get over it."

 

"You have a point. If I was the one in your place I might have fainted on the spot when Lisa kneeled. She's surprisingly romantic. Now my old perception of her completely changed. I guess she really can take care of you forever." Nayeon finally acknowledged which gave a wider smile in Jennie's lips.

 

"So, from now on, stop grilling her okay?" Jennie warned.

 

"Yeah I'll stop grilling her but I won't on you." Nayeon winked then she leans closer to Jennie from across the table and hisses in a smirk, "What happened after the proposal? How did it go? Don't tell me nothing happened when you went back home because I won't buy that lie."

 

Jennie nearly choked on the waffle she has in but giggles as she recalls how Lisa took everything in a perfect manner she didn't find anything uncomfortable. Her touch is still lingering her and those kisses she planted remains tickling her. She's contended and how proud she is for herself that finally, her heart cooperated to make such romantic night possible for the both of them.

 

"You don't have to worry. Lisa took care of me very well. I was very nervous and I didn't know what to do but she was so nice and considerate." Jennie reminisced giggly.

 

Nayeon see this evident contentment in Jennie's smile that she can only comment, "Wow, Lisa is real."

 

"I know right. We're going to Thailand tomorrow too and we'll stay for a week. She's going to introduce me to her relatives then we're going to have a getaway in Phuket." Jennie said so thrilled while she keeps that huge grin in her face.

 

Nayeon shrieks, "Tomorrow? That's so soon!"

 

"Yeah but I think it doesn't really matter. I mean we're both free for more than a month before the new school year starts. Besides, we'll be together far from everything and everyone." Jennie claimed so proud in her pitch.

 

Nayeon however argues, “That’s not what I mean. Jennie, how come you’re so dumb when it comes to these things?”

 

“What do you mean?” Jennie being the dumbfounded one furrowed her eyebrows, so clueless of her best friend’s retorts.

 

And so for her, Nayeon diligently expounds, “You’re going to meet her relatives and for sure you’ll know more about Lisa. You might even find out more unwanted facts aside from Chaeyoung being her ex-girlfriend. You’ll get to know Lisa’s origin and the depths of her!”

 

Jennie nods timid in realization, “Oh you’re right. Why didn’t I think of that?”

 

Nayeon further articulates more for her naïve best friend, “Then you’re going to Phuket! It’s a popular tourist destination! There will be a lot of people in there from different places! Girls will be in their bikinis, swaying their hips everywhere! And there goes your fiancé who is a chic magnet with just one wink from her every girl would be willing to go with her! It’s going to be beaches with a lot of b*tches swarming around! Well, some will be like that.  You just can’t stay there acting like a decent heir and such an innocent lady then watch Lisa talking to other girls! Don’t be so nice when someone looks at her! You have to put up a fight too!”

 

Jennie felt as if she was hit by a truck with the facts, with Nayeon’s strict lectures that came to distract her mind. She didn’t think much of the possibilities because of all these beliefs she has been one-sidedly planting in her head. Because of Nayeon’s words, she started contemplating, thinking deeper than she should be and now she seats here in front of her best friend in daze. The facts also resulted her to overthink and this, she couldn’t make her mind straight anymore, far from herself that’s usually fast when thinking.

 

“Hey, what should I do then? Please tell me.” Jennie frantically begged her best friend as she held her by the shoulders and started wiggling her in fear.

 

Nayeon first calmed Jennie in her seat before she began lecturing her seriously, “You have to get Lisa’s attention all the time. What I’m saying is that you have to look the best in Phuket so that she won’t be shifting her eyes to others!”

 

“And how do I do that?” Jennie asked as she jotted down.

 

“Duh~ of course you have to battle it out. Wear a bikini!” Nayeon said so straight.

 

And it almost got Jennie into another choke and coughs as she hardly voices, “Y-yah! I can’t wear something like that anymore! I have scar in my chest! It’s too embarrassing to wear a bikini revealing it! Well, maybe I still can if I don’t have the scar though.”

 

“That doesn’t matter! Trust me; the people won’t care much of that scar. Have you forgotten? You’re a high quality woman, the heir of World Hotel and a future great businesswoman like your father. You’ll get heads turning to you without too much effort. You even got Lisa’s heart without getting in the first place.” Nayeon comforted her best friend, cheering her demotivated self.

 

Jennie though still insists for her worries for the travel keeps on increasing, “Do I have to be like that for a week? Why do I still even have to get Lisa’s attention anyway? If she’s loyal she wouldn’t look to anyone but me.”

 

Nayeon also debates, “Still, you have to impress. I’m telling you now, temptation is hard to fight once it’s there so you better do something for a week! And for a week, at least quit being such an angel and be naughty. Ride along Lisa’s mood sometimes too. If she gets wild, get wilder. If she wants you, then show her you want her more. Be aggressive girl! If you can do that as an heir then you can do that as her wife-to-be!”

 

Yet again, the naïve Jennie repeats, “How will I do that?”

 

“Search that for yourself! You know the things Lisa wants!” Nayeon said so blunt but then she shares her insights, “For example, surprise her like how she surprised you on marriage proposal. Do something romantic. Something that only a Jennie Kim can do, I think Lisa deserves that.”

 

Jennie then thinks deep, “Something that only I can do, huh?”

 

Certainly, there are a lot of things that Jennie can do as an heir. She’s almost furnished with everything that a one fine woman can possess. She can own anything she wants. She can grasps onto anything she wishes for but something that only she can do for her lover, what could it be? Jennie was left thinking of this. Lisa never asked for anything in the first place. She’s a simpleton and she can live anyhow she wants to. What to give for such a carefree person, a person she loves the most yet needs nothing but her, Jennie definitely has a hard time thinking of this.

 

Similarly, Lisa worries just the same as of her fiancé, perhaps more alarmed than her. Because of all this comments she’s being showered with, all the praises she has been garnering to rebuild her destroyed image to the public, and because of the people slowly accepting her not as an heir but befitting to be Jennie’s better half, Lisa felt the pressure of being a limelight, finally feeling the world Jennie has been carrying on her shoulders for her sake. But then again, because she knows this, because she’s finally feeling such weight in her, at last Lisa can tell herself, she is Jennie’s one and only fiancé who can only share such heaviness with her.

 

In the cold floor of the dance studio, there Lisa lays in her back while jotting down and mumbling every word, “Visit grandma’s place… travel to Phuket… check the inn reservation… rest for the night… prepare the bath… prepare her breakfast… go to the beach… show her around Phuket… dinner…”

 

Her friends heard her mumbling by herself on a corner and so they stopped playing to disturb Lisa having her own world as they ask, “What are you doing?”

 

“Ah, my plan tomorrow for our travel since it’s our first time going out of the country together. We’re also going to Phuket for the whole week so I have to make some ideas. I don’t want to disappoint her if possible. I have to make sure she’s going to have fun in my country.” Lisa said but her attention on the paper she’s writing at.

 

“Wow, Phuket!” Bam hooted. “Are you going to finally see Jennie in her bikini?” He then teased as he sat down next to Lisa.

 

And Taeyang follows the tease, “Oh yeah! If it’s Phuket then it’s definitely beaches! Damn I’m sure Jennie is going to be a head turner if she wears her bikini.”

 

But Lisa laughs loud as she boasts, “I’ve seen everything in Jennie. Even if she wears bikini for everyone to see, I’ve seen more of her. I’m her fiancé after all!”

 

Taeyang however opposes for a debate, “You’re saying that because you haven’t seen Jennie in her swimsuits. I’m telling you Lisa, the tease is different. With her perfect body shape and surely her pearly white skin, dudes will get once they see her swaying those hips on the beach. Just imagine the number of people she’ll have.”

 

Minzy bends down to hiss over Lisa, “You better do your job well. Jennie has the power to seduce guys without even doing anything. Don’t let anyone bite her but you.”

 

“Yoh! Wait! Hold on! You guys are scaring me! No one can take Jennie away from me!” Lisa wailed as she thought of her fiancé being in the arms of someone else.  

 

“That’s why you have to protect her at all cost!” Bam warned.

 

Lisa began worrying more than she should be. The list she’s making is not an inch close to these imaginations starting to formulate in her mind. She did write their day-to-day activities but all these can be redeemed useless once she messed up. She hasn’t felt this so troubled before. She hasn’t felt triggered so easily with just a tease; only know that she feels so threatened of Jennie gathering such attention from others that’s not her.

 

Minzy comforts Lisa as her face is evidently turning into horror, “Don’t worry about that Lisa. Everything’s going to be fine as long as you behave yourself and I believe you can do that.”

 

“Setting that aside, what happened after the marriage proposal? You haven’t reported us anything about it.” The others then asked to keep Lisa out off her wild imaginations for the next days.

 

Lisa sits up straight from the floor and smirks as she tells, “What do you expect? But I’m sorry I can’t tell you guys one by one because Jennie doesn’t want us to be telling it to anyone.”

 

“Eh~ I see. So you really have done it with her.” Taeyang acknowledged, getting the meaning out of Lisa’s boastful smirk towards the group.

 

Bam jolts up confirming in shock, “Oh my God! So you’re no longer a v—“

 

Lisa immediately punched him for a low blow and screams so embarrassed, “Ah! Don’t say that! She doesn’t know about that! I haven’t told her!”

 

“So you didn’t let her do you?” Minzy questioned in disbelief and Lisa shakes off her head coy. “So what, it was one-sided that night? You’re the only who took her and she didn’t? How selfish are you?” She then grilled.

 

Lisa though is ready for a defense. She covers her reddening face and explains underneath her palms, “It’s not like that. I’d let her touch me if she can but she couldn’t do it. She was so tired that night so I just let her sleep beside me. I was kind of expecting too but I have to understand her. She might also end up teasing me all day, that Lalisa Manoban, a notorious woman in bed hasn’t been actually done.”

 

“I’m sure Jennie will freak out if she finds out that despite of how many girls you’ve touched, you’re still a .” Taeyang laughed and the group went along with him, making Lisa drown into embarrassment.

 

“But at least, Jennie’s going to be her first.” Bam chanted as he tickled Lisa and her pouted lips soon formed a constrained grin.

 

Lisa is sinking in shame. The mocks and teases are everywhere she cannot pretend the facts are just mere lies and opinions. The truth and specifics cannot be unseen. She looks forward to their special week together but the restlessness is there, troubling her too much she ended up writing no more of their plans and strategies.

 

When the next morning came, the excited, grateful emotional parents decided to surprise their daughter Jennie. After Lisa’s marriage proposal, they haven’t gotten in touch with their daughter; the thrilled mother gave her daughter a space with Lisa but the father insisted for a quick visit right away for the entire night until to the next morning he kept on complaining. In the end of their argument, they both agreed to have this surprise visit together.

 

While on their way nearing to Lisa’s condominium, the mother excitedly squealed in the car, “I wonder how my daughter looks like now. It feels like I haven’t seen her for a year even if I just saw her days ago.”

 

“Of course she looks the same. What do you expect?” The bitter father grumbled beside her.

 

“It’s not like that. You don’t really get women, don’t you? If we’re in love, we tend to bloom so bright and we look so fresh. We make sure we look presentable all the time even going to sleep at night. We always want to impress our partners and make them fall deeper for us. So, I know Jennie would look so charming too after Lisa’s proposal. Our daughter must be really conscious of herself now.” The mother said so hysterical, tittering at the thought their blooming daughter.

 

The naïve father nodded, “Is that so?”

 

They have reached the condominium in no time. The parents enthusiastically went down of the car, so eager as they walk in with the guard’s permission. The father being a first timer to the place, he is amazed of how simple Lisa had been living alone in this luxurious building and couldn’t help but to think of how his daughter has been living with her.

 

“Huh? That’s odd. No one’s answering…” The mother wonder as no one’s answering after her multiple buzz by the unit’s doorbell. 

 

Just then that a janitor came to the floor and asks as he saw the decent parents waiting, “Is there anything I can help you with?”

 

“Ah yes. We’re here to visit Lalisa Manoban and my daughter Jennie but it seems like no one is inside as of the moment. By any chance, do you know if they are out or have you seen them going out?” The father precisely asked.

 

The janitor smiled as he replies straight, “Miss Lisa told me yesterday to take care of her place for a week. It seems like they went on a vacation together in Thailand.”

 

“Oh…” Was the mother’s initial reaction smiling so wide but the father growled in “What?”

 

“They just left earlier this dawn. They have a lot of luggage so I helped them carry it in their rented van. Didn’t they inform you about it? They looked so prepared though.” The janitor said last and bowed down before he left the parents having different reactions.

 

The wrathful father immediately brought his phone out, dialed Lisa’s parents’ number right away. She can hear his blood boiling on top of his head, beating the continuous ring going on from his phone. He couldn’t collect his rightful mind as the phone at last was picked up and he immediately shouted in fury, “What is going on here?”

 

Lisa’s clueless father questions back muddled, “What do you mean?”

 

“Lisa and Jennie went to Thailand together and we weren’t even informed about it! Did you know about this and never told us too? Your daughter should have at least asked permission from us before taking my daughter somewhere else!” Jennie’s father yelled nonstop.

 

Lisa’s father remains calm in his response, “Oh really? This is my first time to hear about that. And even if they went without our permission, is that really a big deal? As far as I’m concerned, you already gave your daughter under Lisa’s care. I don’t see any issue for you to be throwing wraths now that they went on a travel.”

 

“Calm down, okay? Nothing will change even if you get mad here.” Jennie’s mother patted her husband’s pumping back as he’s breathing heavily due to anger.

 

“Anyway, those two need some time alone together, don’t you think? Both of them has been stressing out with all the attention here in the country lately. They need to unwind by themselves too, without anything and anyone eyeing on them. They deserve free time together. I think Lisa is only thinking of what’s best for the both of them. You can always call Jennie anytime as well so let’s not make this a big deal, shall we?” Lisa’s father went on saying and suggested.

 

All these days, for the past days and even from the previous months, Jennie has been restlessly handling all the issues, news and she never found a second to rest from all the flaming eyes of everyone. She's been drowning all this time she feels getting choked all the stress and pressures she has been receiving and all these, her father is clearly aware of it. He knew as a father Jennie is suffocated but because she has to keep her label as decent and close to a perfection heir, never she let anyone see how much of a bother all this mess have been giving her.

 

"Jennie deserves a break. I'm sure Lisa will take care of her too. Let's just call them later on." Jennie's mother said to her agitated husband.

 

Jennie's father breathed loud, excreting all this built up rage as he closes with the other from the line, "Okay. I get it. But next time, when they come back, make sure you educate Lisa well and teach her how to ask permission first as a form of respect. She cannot just bring daughter anywhere next time until they are married."

 

"I'll sure do." Lisa's father said but as soon as they cut the call he mumbled, "Aigoo, Lisa just did something unimaginable again. She should have at least told us she's bringing Jennie there."

 

After the long hours of flight, the couple reached their destination, Thailand. The air is warm but not too hot for them to be fanning themselves. It's completely opposite to where they came from. The breeze, the people and the culture and customs, everything is different and new to Jennie's eyes that aren't stopping from roaming around. They are still at the airport pulling their heavy cart together yet Jennie is already busy documenting every single step they take.

 

Lisa takes note of how bubbly Jennie has gotten the second they stepped out of the plane. She used their flight to catch some sleep and she let her do so but now here she is full of energy she couldn't feel the warmness and her back that's slowly getting soak with her sweat. Lisa nevertheless, she lets Jennie do whatever she wants, taking random photos of the airport and photos of themselves together as they continue on walking out of the passenger's area while there's that smile in her face that Lisa loves so much to watch.

 

But Lisa has to stop her from hopping to prevent her from exhaustion as she intertwined their hands together. And as she ensured Jennie has calmed beside her for a slow pace, she asks, "Is it your first time here in Thailand?"

 

Jennie happily nodded, "Yeah. We often travel when I was young but we never got a chance to visit here that's why I'm so excited."

 

"I see. Then I'll do my best to be your guide." Lisa beamed and pulled Jennie closer to her to assure she wouldn't feel so lost and left out in this foreign country.

 

Lisa carefully guides her and not a second she let go of Jennie's hand, proudly showing off to the people around of her fiancé that only she is allowed to hold, causing some bystanders to be jealous of them and envy Lisa for having such a gorgeous woman in her hold. Jennie can only look up to Lisa, her chin pointing up, eyes occasionally glaring bad at anyone who looks at her while pulling so close to the point she can hug her with her huge frame. Jennie absolutely loves this side of her, possessive and protective wherein she can showcase her toughness in the right way.

 

"Oh! Lalisa!"

 

Out of the passenger's area, the couple was welcomed by a large number of relatives which took Jennie by surprise on how many they are. All are smiling at them and Lisa joyfully waves back at them in return. Lisa hasn't seen them for a long time especially to this old weak woman in her wheel chair smiling so bright. Seeing this old woman, that's only when Lisa released her hold from Jennie just to run towards her and gives her a warm tight embrace as she knelt.

 

"I miss you grandma." Lisa said so delighted in her grandmother's warmth.

 

Jennie didn't feel bad she was left behind, rather she felt so touched to see the once tough Lisa being so soft with her grandmother. Lisa is too happy she teared up. She's overwhelmed she cannot hide her emotions and let her small low cries be seen. And Jennie on the other hand loves the scene unfolding upon her because she's seeing such vulnerability of her fiancé, stepping closer to understanding the depths of her more and more.

 

"So where's the wife-to-be?" The grandmother asked so excited.

 

Lisa waved at Jennie to come closer and she did. Lisa stood beside her and resumed their intertwined hands for everyone in front of them to see, not just to the grandmother which made Jennie hit by shyness over the show. Lisa stood straight and formally introduces, "Everyone, meet my wife-to-be. Her name is Jennie..." She first said her name and comes with a tease later, "soon to be Manoban."

 

Jennie lost her words at that unexpected remark and the relatives only chuckled soft as they know Lisa's personality and attitudes too well like they've already seen that tease coming. It took her a minute to diffuse that flush in her cheeks and recollected her thoughts before she shifted her attention back to Lisa’s relatives and smiles for her formal introduction, “Hi. I’m Jennie Kim. It’s so nice to finally meet everyone.”

 

“Wow, she’s really pretty like what we’ve seen in pictures.” One of the old men praised.

 

Some also compliments, “We’ve seen you in some business news. As expected, you’re really a decent and gorgeous heir. Our Lalisa is so lucky to have you.”

 

The grandmother rolled her wheelchair close to Jennie, have her hands be held and said, “Thank you very much for looking after Lisa. I know she’s giving you a hard time for her attitudes but trust me, she’s a good girl. You’re such a blessing to our Lisa’s life. Thank you for choosing her Jennie. Please take good care of her.”

 

Jennie bent down to tell the worried grandmother, “Thank you for entrusting her to me too grandma. Don’t worry. Lisa is safe in my care. I’ll make sure she will get all the love she deserves. I’ll definitely take good care of her, forever.”

 

Jennie hugged Lisa’s grandmother and the old one wept. Lisa lovingly stared at Jennie from the back and how lucky she really is she found someone like her and what a miracle that such a fine woman fell in love with her. Lisa is blessed and she wouldn’t ask for more with her life than to have someone like Jennie constantly changing her in a way she can be a better person to get along with the rich society.

 

“Shall we go now? It’s almost lunch time.” Lisa proposed and alarmed everyone in their time.

 

Everyone agreed and started moving out of the airport, going to their respective cars and the hired servants and helpers carrying the couple’s entire luggage into the van where they, together with the grandmother, occupied. And all throughout the ride, Lisa is catching up with her grandmother in a language Jennie couldn’t comprehend. They look so merry talking, all smiles, laughs and stories that Lisa never knew that happened. Jennie feels out of place yet she isn’t complaining, instead she just lets them talk until they run out of stories while she amuses herself talking photos of the sceneries they pass by.

 

“We’re here.” Lisa announced to wake Jennie up from being too much engrossed with the country’s view.

 

Lisa presented a mansion that can be as expansive as theirs. The front yard is covered with a garden filled with flowering plants with the scent going with the warm breeze. The mansion itself has a Thai feeling in it, like those of huge houses Jennie saw in her research about the country. The location is also far from the noisy urban streets to make it a perfect place to relax on and ignore the entire world outside. Generally, the Manoban’s mansion has got Jennie awed and amazed she couldn’t speak up her praises and compliments for it.

 

“Welcome!”

 

The interior was revealed to Jennie and they are warmly welcomed by more of Lisa’s relatives that Jennie couldn’t count anymore with her fingers, even if she added up her toes still it’s not enough. However, Jennie accepts their welcome whole-heartedly, talking to them one by one though struggling with the language barrier. But with Lisa’s help who never left her side, Jennie is adjusting pretty well, easier than she has expected.

 

“Oh my God! It’s Lisa!”

 

The couple is busily attending to the other relatives’ concerns while they wait for the lunch to be properly served yet they heard a girl squealing so loud it almost destroyed Jennie’s eardrums because of that dolphin-like pitch. She turned around to have a look, only to find

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter