Chapter 13 : One More Try

Rich Society
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Let me do the note first. Well, I'm so sorry if I couldn't reply to any messages for the past days. I'm currently in the hospital under observation coz of high fever. But I'm getting a lot better now so don't worry. Thanks for everyone's concern, to you guys who constantly check on me. I really appreciate your care.

Next, this update this way too long. If you have something more important to do, then do it first. This chapter has like around 19k words. Also, I didn't mark this as rated-M since I believe I didn't mention anything ually explicit or anything that might offend someone. Maybe it's y but nah, it's not rated.

So, here's the update. Enjoy.

====================================

Chapter 13 One More Try 

 

‘Try and try until you succeed’, there goes the old typical saying that people often say but oftentimes not actually done. Some really gives up halfway during the process. Some let go because of a single failure they committed. Some just lost interest and refuses to see the results if given attention. People are afraid to try again, scared to feel the same agony. They fear the pain of trying again may cause, as a result, they abandon what’s supposed to be ahead of them, how bright it could have been.

 

One more try, again… again… and again… They may lose time, waste effort and money but achieving ultimate and genuine happiness is impossible without going through flames in the first place. It will burn, it will hurt but if the desire and yearning is true then let it bound to burst in fires. Burn once, get up twice, shake the ashes off then try again until the flames are diffused and see the final result of the scars and wounds shaped by resolve.  

 

Lisa nuzzles the petite body closer to her and smiles so genuine, "Good morning."

 

This isn't a dream and definitely not one of Lisa's nightmares she often have in the past few days. This is real, having this woman she's been missing the most wrapped around her arms. It's true, Jennie really is with her, in this spacious bed yet settling together in one pillow under the thick blanket. The scent of Jennie's hair, her hot breaths brushing against the other's neck as they cuddle so tight, and absolutely her presence, there's nothing more real than this moment Lisa has been dreaming of to happen. It's here, Jennie is here and they are together.

 

Jennie, instead of tugging away from the cradle, she scooch in closer to Lisa like a baby chinchilla and let the latter's arms be wrapped tighter around her waist to be pulled. Likewise, she greets in a smile, "Good morning..."

 

Lisa lets Jennie rests comfortably by her chest and lovingly watches her morning face with that morning hair all over. With a quick peck on her forehead she asks in a hiss, "Did you have a good sleep?"

 

Jennie in return, she lazily buries her face onto Lisa's neck, shifting a bit of her position to hide her morning smile as she answers thrilled, "Yeah... it's one of the best nights I've ever had."

 

"Really?" Lisa grinned and Jennie nodded. "Me too..." She then said giving another peck on Jennie's head that's just below her.

 

Lisa may have slept with a lot of women she never knew and never had an interest with but never had she found herself cuddling them this way. She may have woke up in the mornings with unknown women on hotels she did but never she experienced this bright sweet morning, only now she has the woman she loves in her arms, in her room that only the two of them have the right to be in it. Indeed, this cold morning is momentous not only for Lisa but to Jennie who is as happy as her.

 

"Can we sleep some more? It's too early. We don't have anything to do this morning. Let's just stay here a little longer..." Jennie selfishly asked as she whined with her eyes closed and have her arm s onto Lisa's waist under the blanket with her leg hooking up to Lisa's thighs.

 

Lisa laughs softly, "I didn't know you're this clingy."

 

"Shut up..." Jennie again whined.

 

Jennie, similarly, never had she experienced this morning before. She has always been alone in her expansive room in their mansion with no one to cuddle with but her pillows. She may have been sleeping with Lisa on the same bed before but only now that there's no gap between them, needs not of the cuddly bear that used to divide them apart as they sleep. Jennie feels so warm and protected and only now she's feeling this affectionate morning, thus, doesn't want this to end just yet.

 

Lisa clears the view of Jennie's face from these hair strands covering her bloated morning face as she unfortunately says, "I want to stay longer or all day here with you if possible but there's somewhere I have to go later on."

 

Hearing this, Jennie finally shrugged away and sat down groggily, glaring at Lisa with her half-opened eyes but a very-well working brain and questions, "Huh? Why? Where are you going?"

 

Lisa pulls her back down but on top of her, looking tenderly into her eyes she rustles, "Just somewhere. I'm sorry I can't tell you yet but I'll definitely tell you when I come back home for dinner."

 

Jennie frowns as she sulks, "You're so unfair. Why can't you tell me now?"

 

Lisa answers with a morning kiss as she reached up for Jennie's head and pulled her down for her lips to meet hers. She wants to clear whatever the doubts Jennie is having in her head, clean any suspicions she might be having and assures of her loyalty through this kiss that's so gentle and soft which soon danced in sync.

 

"I'll be back, okay? You'll be going to the university to have your schedules fixed later this afternoon right? I'll come and fetch you, how's that?" Lisa asked caressing Jennie's face just above her.

 

Jennie still pouts, "Okay..."

 

"Oh, my baby is so cute. Don't be sad." Lisa smiled to cheer her up.

 

Jennie however is hard to please, sulking but doesn't move out of Lisa's top. Jennie openly shows this childish side of hers, a total opposite of how she often manifests as an intelligent heir of a prestigious family. Lisa enjoys the sight of her clingy fiancé but feels bad at the same time for hiding her whereabouts for this day. And how to ease her mind, Lisa sure knows how to handle her fiancé’s simplicity.

 

Lisa cups Jennie's face and said, "Let's stay here a little longer then if that's what you want. I can adjust my time for you."

 

Lisa forcibly pulled the moping Jennie back down for yet again, another set of morning kisses, not just for a quick one but going for long lasting moment which Jennie doesn't mind at all. Hence, Lisa goes on with her soft kisses that start with teasing bites by Jennie's upper lip, playful nibbles and light touches of her tongue until she finally got the annoyed Jennie totally awakened in arousal.

 

Jennie smiles as she retreats, "You're really unfair."

 

Lisa smiles back triumphant as she hit her weakness, "You like it though. See? Now you're smiling..."

 

Jennie gazed down at Lisa, from those dreamy eyes down to her alluring lips that are so close to hers she can reach for it in a split second as their nose brush. Lisa's morning face is just so inviting, that Jennie found her thumb pressing onto her lower lip while Lisa herself is kept in silence, letting Jennie play with her lips, slowly making the air tensed and hot.

 

"It's all yours." Lisa heaved a long sigh to let Jennie feel her hot breath and let it brush in her face.

 

Jennie playfully smirked before Lisa saw her tilting her head to the right and closed their eyes as their lips crushed with each other, going back to their morning game. As Jennie leaned in, she felt her heart skipped and suddenly started to race its beats. She easily feels her breathlessness, catching air every sway of their battling tongue for dominance. She tried to calm her heart but it's pointless, she's too fired up dancing along with Lisa's lips.

 

Lisa kept her arms locked around Jennie's waist, not so tight afraid to make Jennie feel so forced and uncomfortable. All she wants is to share this heated morning with her, and so giving her these careful yet deep kisses and gentle touch she deserves and not to mention, Jennie craves for.

 

"Sorry..."

 

For not long, Jennie had to pull out and breaks the kiss before she would even find herself in severe pain again. She attempted to go farther than the last time but she failed yet again. She wears the same embarrassed face as of the first time, blushing and looking away not to meet Lisa's stares darting up at her.

 

Lisa quietly snickers, "It's alright. You don't have to force yourself. I understand. I can wait until you're ready."

 

"Aren't you turned off though? This is the second time I tried already..." Jennie reservedly asked as she sat up on top of her.

 

Lisa only laughs louder and grabs Jennie's hand for a peck, "You're really cute, you know that?"

 

Jennie madly blushed so timid over her indirect response and finally went off on top of the regretful Lisa. She hopped out of the bed and have herself fixed in haste and asked now from the door ready to step out, "Should I cook your favorite breakfast before you go out? And oh, don't ask if I'll be fine. My doctor said I can do light house chores."

 

And still from the bed, Lisa replies in a chortling tease, "If you say my favorite breakfast then shouldn't you be cooking yourself then?"

 

"I can't believe you..." Jennie rolled her eyes in disbelief over Lisa's silliness yet found herself chuckling thrilled as she reached the kitchen.

 

Lisa laid straight in her bed, grinning all to herself collecting on how she just welcomed her morning with the most gorgeous woman in her eyes, to her world. She can imagine having the same morning from this day on and for the rest of her life. She would be seeing Jennie the first second of her every morning and the last she would see at night before she closes her eyes. Lisa doesn't want this but she definitely needs it. She needs Jennie and to keep her eternally, Lisa has come to a lifetime plan.

 

"Just a bit more Jennie and everything are going to be fine. I swear I'll make you happy." Lisa said to herself so determined and later joins her fiancé at the kitchen, sticking to her like a mushroom to a tree.

 

Jennie and Lisa are steadily going strong and competently living in the rich society, so does the people involved around them as they have come to realized their own worth in this society. Chaeyoung, being one of the persons who have witnessed Lisa's continuous fight for love is now moving on in her own way, slowly yet surely drifting her died romantic feelings for her ex-lover, setting herself free from the rich society's chains and now she faces a new world that's up ahead of her.

 

Chaeyoung is relaxing in an office until her manager seated beside her suddenly breaks her peace, “Hey, I just received a message from the higher-ups. Someone wants to schedule a personal appointment with you.”

 

“If it’s about my parents, kindly cancel it.” Chaeyoung lazily said while twisting her seat round and round to entertain her bored self.

 

But her manager shows the message and revealed, “It’s Jennie Kim. According to their family’s messenger, Jennie wants to meet you before you plan on going back to Australia. It’s also stated that you can set the date anytime you’re free.”

 

Chaeyoung immediately stopped her playful acts as she snatched the phone away from her manager, having to read the message by herself with her two huge eyes. Certainly, it’s coming directly from Jennie and later after she recollects her mind from her initial shock, she just chortles and immediately confirms, “Okay. I’ll be the one who’ll schedule that although it might not be one of these days because I’m way busier than her.”

 

“Be careful when you meet Jennie Kim. You’re almost got caught up with her issue because of Lalisa Manoban disguising as your personal assistant back then and some nosy media might still be tailing her.” The manager warned.

 

“You don’t have to remind me. I know Jennie-unnie.” Chaeyoung assertively said.

 

And interjecting their conversation is a staff knocking cautious, “Miss Rose, the magazine crew is already here for the interview. Are you ready?”

 

“Ah yeah. Please let them in. I’m all set and ready.” Chaeyoung humbly said and went up from her seat to welcome the crew.

 

Her manager hisses in quick, “This is your first interview since your break up with your ex-fiancé. Make it good, okay? Just keep in mind the answers we practiced.”

 

Chaeyoung turns back at him and winks, “And not to mention, my last interview before I go back to Australia. Of course I’ll make it good.”

 

As always, Chaeyoung was showered with praises and compliments from her beauty down to her humble personality upon the entrance of the mesmerized crew. She has always been this attractive, but only today she’s shining extraordinarily captivating after all these days she’s all drained and wrecked, refused all media calls as she remained locked up and she had picked up the pieces of broken heart at long last.

 

Later the same day, Lisa carrying her firm resolves but with a nervous heart, bringing along her determination and with nothing but her love for Jennie in mind, she makes way to her first schedule for this day that’s surely going to be a long tiresome yet worthy one. She has all the reasons to be tensed and fidgety. She can run away with her loud thumping heart but not now she has to prove herself of Jennie’s love. She has to be here. She needs to be brave.

 

“This is it. You can do this Lalisa!” Lisa praised herself up with her fists clenching hard at her sides.

 

Lisa advanced after one last breath to release some tension for the reason that she’s entering this one huge mansion where she’s about to face one of the biggest challenges in life she set herself. The servants welcomed her, the maids greeted her warm and all she gets is smile from everyone but Lisa as she marches in is slowly feeling the heaviness in her steps, so wobbly she could faint with this apprehension engulfing her.

 

“Oh my, Lisa! Welcome! We’ve been waiting for you!” Lisa almost jumped alarmed in her stand as she heard that jolly voice from behind coming from Jennie’s mother.      

 

She hastily turned around to meet today’s intentions with a reserved smile, “G-good morning ma’am…” then surprisingly just beside the beautiful mother of Jennie is of course, the protective father. And so Lisa awkwardly extended, “And good morning too… sir…”

 

Standing right before Lisa are Jennie’s powerful parents, taking those glares from the father and relieving smile from the mother as she invades their territory at such a good day. Facing them, Lisa knew right in this moment, there’s no turning back and definitely, she has to go on with her intentions of meeting them.

 

Jennie’s mother then politely offers the couches by the living room, “Please have a seat Lisa. It seems like you didn’t come all the way here just for a short talk.”

 

“Well… yeah. Thanks.” Lisa nodded as she sat rigid.

 

Sitting across her are both parents but the father straightforwardly questions, “Does Jennie know you’re coming here?”

 

“No. I didn’t tell her anything.” Lisa replied short.

 

“Keeping it a secret from her, this must be quite important.” The father acknowledged. “And before anything else, I also want to tell you that we’ve taken care most of the issues and false news going around about you and my daughter. We’ve also cleared some exaggerations about your past and personal life. Truthfully, I wouldn’t dare to do it for you if Jennie didn’t ask me to help you. And just to remind you as well, I’m did it for my daughter’s sake.” He then said upfront without breaks, not considering Lisa’s possible feelings over his frank words.

 

However, Lisa didn’t waver from him, instead she formally bowed, “Thank you very much for helping us.”

 

“So, what brings you here then that you had to hide it from Jennie? Is it something urgent? Did something happen?” The concerned mother asked as they went on with the discussion.

 

Lisa rubbed her palms against her lap, gazing alternatively at the parents expectant stares.  Once calmed with another deep exhalation, she carefully starts, “A lot has happened between me and Jennie for the past few months we’ve been living together and it’s going to be almost a year already. Jennie has taught me a lot of things and I’m so grateful towards her. She might have not noticed but because of her, I am who I am now. She might not be aware of herself but I learned a lot from her and I’m hoping that will go on, us helping each other through good and bad times. Because I’ve been under Jennie’s care the whole time, I finally know what to do now. You might think I’m being hasty or rushing to my decisions but it’s not. I’ve been actually thinking a lot ever since Jennie started to grow in me.”

 

The parents took a glimpse of each other, surprised of Lisa’s sincerity, before the father apprehensively demands more, “What are you trying to say?”

 

“When Jennie and I first talked face-to-face in the convenience store, she once told me that our fate as heirs is inevitable. After everything that has happened to us, I finally understood what she said that time. Escaping from rich society is impossible because we’re already born and raised in this society. Yes, I’ve come to accept that already and that I’ll be living under this society for the rest of my life. But, there’s one thing I have to disagree on. It’s when she told me that no one’s going to love her anymore because she’s defective and that whoever her partner is, they might end up getting divorced. I don’t know if she still thinks the same but I want her to know that it’s not going to be the case. I won’t leave her no matter what, not because we’re forced to be together, but because I genuinely love her. I won’t let her feel that I only want to be with her because I have no choice.” Lisa said further with her fists gritting tighter and tighter at every confession she makes.

 

The worried mother lengthens her hands from across the table to grasp onto Lisa’s trembling hands and softly utters, “You’ve already proven that Lisa. You’ve already shown my daughter what love is and I thank you for that. The two of you wouldn’t have fought the war if your love isn’t real, right?”

 

“It’s not enough!” Lisa strongly competed which took the mother aback. “Living together is not enough for me to prove it. If it was enough then she wouldn’t have left me before and I wouldn’t have let her but still it happened. That’s why by just living together with her is not enough for me. I want to do more for her. I know I can do more for her.” She then insisted so resolute with those penetrating stares she gives to the parents.

 

The father leaned back in relax as he tests, “What are you planning to do then?”

 

“Because of Jennie, I learned how to start from the bottom before reaching the top just like how we managed to achieve the dance competition. Therefore, in order to start helping Jennie in this rich society, I have to start from the bottom too.” Lisa said.

 

“And your point is?” The father again asked.

 

Lisa sits straight and steadily she declares, “I’m going to college and study business. I’m going to get a degree and graduate. That’s how I’m going to start my life with her.”

 

The mother gasps, “Oh my… are you sure of that Lisa?”

 

Lisa nods strong, “Yes. Actually, before I came here, I checked some information about entering college and entrance exams will take place next month. I’m going to register in one of the universities and take it. While Jennie is having her rest at home, I’d want to use my time studying too while I stay beside her. I want to use my time wisely, like how Jennie had taught me to.”

 

Amused of her declarations, the father grills more and more to ensure her credibility, “Honestly, you’re quite surprising me but Jennie doesn’t know of your plans yet. Do you think she’ll approve of your decisions? Although you came all the way here to tell us about your future plans, it’s still going to be my daughter who will approve of this since she’s our top priority after all.”

 

“About that, I’m going to tell her later on too. I have the feeling she might say I don’t have to force myself then she might even stop me then I might hear her saying she understands me again and again but I’m not only doing this for her. I’m also doing this for myself. Even if it’s not what I want, it’s what we need and I’m prepared for that. I’m tired of being stepped on by the rich society. I’m tired of being labelled by the public who doesn’t even know anything about us. It’s true that I don’t really care what others say but as Jennie’s lover, I want to do something to prove myself to everyone that I’m not just an heir out there who spends parents’ money.” Lisa heroically explained but the more she goes on, the more sweat beads forming in her forehead due to the increasing pressure inflating her heart.

 

The amazed father claps, “What a resolve you have. You really are the Manoban’s daughter. You almost talk like your father whenever we meet and talk about our business plans.”

 

“There’s no problem with us if you want to study college but talk to Jennie about this too. She may be intelligent and sharp but when it comes to this, you know, love and sorts, she’s inexperienced. Explain this to her carefully as well. She might really say those words you said but please just understand her too if she might initially disagree.” The mother said as she whole-heartedly permitted.

 

“Actually, there’s one more thing I want to ask permission from you and your kind approval.” Lisa went on, not stopping from delivering her today’s goals.

 

“What is it?” The father asked.

 

Lisa, from her pocket, she brought out Jennie’s engagement ring which was once declared lost. It’s now placed in a black velvet box and perfectly shines still in their eyes. She showed Jennie’s parents her ring, how she’s been taking care of it and how she kept it hidden in her hands. As the ring is presented on top of the table, Lisa makes a stand then formally lowers down her head asking for consent, “And if I pass the entrance exams and get into college, I’d like to ask Jennie again, on my own and by myself without anyone dictating us. I’d like to ask her to marry me. I’ll propose using my own will. So please, not just as Jennie’s future business partner but also as her lover, I humbly ask for your daughter’s hand.”

 

Jennie’s mother inhaled big under her quivering hands, getting emotional as her tears start to fall at Lisa’s pronouncement whereas the father is in the midst of tears but strong enough to hold it in yet and keeps the tough look in his expression. Overwhelmed over the matter, the parents couldn’t give her an immediate response, first time to be so speechless in their entire lives so far despite of how professional they can be and they just sit there watching Lisa is her bow, steady and doesn’t falter from her stand.

 

The father clears his throat to question once again in a hoarse, “What if you fail? What will you do?”

 

Lisa kept her head low with an immediate comeback, “I’ll try again! I’ll take the exam again and again until I pass! I won’t stop until I can see myself graduating and helping Jennie out with the businesses. I don’t know how college works yet but looking at how Jennie works on it, I know it will be hard. Being a stupid girl, I might really fail a lot of times during the process but even so, I won’t stop trying.”

 

“Can you really handle rich society that way? Can you protect my daughter more than how I’ve been risking my own life defending her?” The father asked as he finally broke out in tears.

 

And that’s when Lisa looked up only to realize both parents are in tears already, looking at her, looking at their daughter’s future in her. Soon, Lisa also dropped tears but still resilient enough to speak out of her shaky mouth while sharing teary eyes with them, “As long as I am with Jennie, then I believe we can handle this together. I promise I won’t leave her side.”

 

Lisa’s dedication, her courage, her boldness, her perseverance and most importantly her resolve to fight and prove her love for Jennie, all these are equipped in her like an armor of a knight ready to protect her princess. This she shows to Jennie’s parents and not a single second she took her determined stares off them, yet emotional as tears kept falling.

 

Jennie’s father jolted up from his seat, facing his back to Lisa as he hides from wiping his tears away. He recomposed himself and turns back to Lisa’s eyes and at long last, he grants, “Do it your own way. My daughter is in your hands now. But if you make her cry and if you hurt her ever again, I won’t be giving any chances anymore. Do it right this time, for one last time.”

 

Jennie’s mother then also hugs Lisa and approved crying, “As long as Jennie is happy, then we’re happy too. Please take care of our daughter. Our doors are always open for the both of you.”

 

Lisa returns the embrace crying in joy, “Thank you very much! I promise I won’t let her go anymore. I’ll take good care of her.”

 

Lisa adds one of the best days in her life again, this moment she finally grasped and won one of the biggest challenges she needed to face. The parents’ approval, she already marked it check in her list and this alone is a huge success for her, for someone who was almost cursed to death and someone who was almost in the verge of sinking into hopelessness and hatred from the whole world.

 

The day goes on and Jennie is gradually working on her today’s tasks and responsibilities. Like any other, she’s keeping herself busy, only that she has her best friend’s help to differentiate her from the others. From the first hour, she already started working, from scheduling her make-up classes proposed to her by the university, receiving home works she has to finish while completing her necessary bedrest to finishing all her excuse papers needed to be officially qualified for the self-study.

 

And for the final touch, Nayeon met her tired best friend at the cafeteria where she rests to deliver her final documents saying as she joins her, “There, everything’s done here. You don’t have to come in the university anymore until the semester ends but you’re required to come for the final exams though. There’s only a month left so the administrator agreed that you should just stay home and study by yourself but you can also come back if ever you need something from your professors. You’re lucky that your family is too influential to have the administrator agree on everything you ask for.”

 

“Thank you.” Jennie panted as she smiled.

 

Nayeon noticed that breathlessness Jennie inevitably showed and so she questions in concern, “Hey, are you alright?”

 

“Yeah. I’m just a little tired. I think I’m lack of sleep. Lisa will come to fetch me and I’m just waiting for her message.” Jennie said with a gulp of her bottled water.

 

Nayeon then raises an eyebrow in suspicions, “Lack of sleep, you say? And why is that?”

 

“Ah… w-well…” Jennie hardly voiced as she instantly blushed.

 

Nayeon pulled her chair closer to her best friend and interrogates thoroughly, “Did something happen between you and Lisa already that you might have accidentally forgotten to tell me the very first minute we met today?”

 

Nayeon’s tending so close that it’s too hard for Jennie to be looking away and all that her defeated self can do is to nod reddening harder as she confesses, “It’s n-n-not that we did s-something… I m-mean… you know… we just… uhh… how do I say this?”

 

“Oh my God she touched you?!” Nayeon squealed her predictions that the students around twisted their heads to their table.

 

Jennie roughly pulled her best friend down the table and rustles in embarrassment, “Yah! You’re too loud!”

 

Nayeon however goes on hissing her questionings, “So she did touch you and you let her? Did you just… don’t tell me you had… s-s-s…”

 

“No! I know what you’re thinking and I’m telling you now we didn’t do it… yet. I don’t know how you call it to be exact. That was my first time, how am I supposed to know about it? It only happened one time and it didn’t even last long. I don’t know if I’m going to tell you or not since you once said you don’t want Lisa to touch me.” Jennie awkwardly admitted, unsure of how to describe the happening in the bathroom.

 

Nayeon fanned her upset self with her hands to calm down before she proceeds on questioning, “How far did you go? Where did you do it? How did it start? My goodness, how come I missed one of my best friend’s important nights of her love life.”

 

“D-do I really have to answer those? It’s embarrassing…” Jennie sinks in her seat but Nayeon persistently nodded and even gets her face so close waiting for that explanation she wants. Having no choice, Jennie further owns up and recalls the night’s event one by one, “I slipped in the bathroom then Lisa came in because I think I screamed so loud. Then she saw my stitch marks. She was feeling so guilty over it so I had to comfort her… and it just happened… I don’t even remember how it started.”

 

“What happened then?” Nayeon asked with her eyes widening in anticipation.

 

“We just kissed, that’s all but we’re so close from going beyond but then again, I had to stop her. You know, the pressure is too high my heart couldn’t take more of it. Thank my adjusting heart for aching that night.” Jennie said it all that she almost felt shrinking in embarrassment with her hands covering her blushing face.

 

Nayeon claps mocking, “Wow, congratulations Jennie. You almost lost your ity in the bathroom and with that I’m really going to kill Lisa. Just when I’m starting to trust her, she just ticked me off again. She should have at least carried you to bed since it’s the first time instead of going all out in the bathroom!”

 

Jennie had to pull Nayeon down to her seat again to stop her playful banters, “Yah! Stop that! It’s not her entire fault okay?”

 

“Oh now that you mention it, you wouldn’t let that happen unless you enjoyed it in the first place. So, how was your first time? How was Lisa? Is she good? I heard dancers are really good in making out especially in bed. So, is it true base from your experience?” Nayeon grinned teasing her best friend while she tickles her by the waist that comes with winks.

 

“You just won’t let me live, don’t you?” Jennie rolled her eyes yet she still answers giggling, “I would have called the police for if I didn’t like it.”

 

The best friends suddenly squeal and started shrieking over their imaginations and their conversation that keeps on going higher as they go on talking more of that night. Jennie couldn’t tell this to anyone but her best friend who should know it all. Because of last night’s recollection, Jennie’s fatigue instantly vanished and has her mood so high it’s impossible to revert it to the opposite.

 

“Uhm… can I join you?”

 

The best friends ceased from their thrilled giggles and playful spanks upon hearing and seeing Jisoo standing just beside them. She looks so restrained and so reserved from the way she stands, the way she fidgets her fingers and how she couldn’t look straight into Jennie’s eyes as she asked. Jisoo is too ashamed to meet her friends’ glares and Jennie’s expression she can picture darkening the longer she stands there waiting for an answer.

 

Jennie, certainly, her face gloomed together with her lips that frowned in an instant the moment she appeared. However, she’s isn’t as cold-hearted as an ice to be shooing her away without hearing words from her, thus she sighs as she decided, “Sure, you can take a seat.”

 

“I think I should take my leave here.” Nayeon clumsily announced as she sensed the heavy atmosphere around Jisoo. “I’ll just call you later tonight Jennie. Keep me updated, okay?” She then teased before she hopped away leaving the two who must have this much required talk.

 

“H-how have you been?” Jisoo asked uncomfortable with her eyes still fixated somewhere not to Jennie’s stares that are steady onto her.

 

Jennie coldly replies, “I’m fine.”

 

“Really… that’s good to hear then.”

 

“If there’s something you want to tell me then you better make it fast. Lisa will be here anytime soon to fetch me. I don’t want to keep her waiting in the parking lot.” Jennie said in a hurry as she leaned back.

 

Jisoo assembled herself up and finally looks into Jennie’s eyes with her apologetic ones, she lowly expresses, “It’s about what I did actually. I haven’t talked to you properly about it. You know, I was the one who caused the war because of my selfish desires. I only considered myself and my own emotions. I was selfish, not only towards you but also to Lisa as well. I didn’t know anything and I was only looking at myself. I was reckless. I was childish and I dared to fuse a war. I don’t know if apologizing is enough but still… I’m so sorry for the trouble I’ve caused you and everyone.”

 

Jisoo wanted to lower down her head but considering the students still occupying the area, Jennie stopped her by quickly yet gently pushing her on the shoulders to have her back straightened. Jisoo may have done wrong but Jennie being a kind-hearted lady she is, she counts the rights and the goods Jisoo brought to her. To see such a good friend deeply reflecting by a single mistake, Jennie would surely dislike witnessing this.

 

“That’s enough Jisoo. What’s done is done. We cannot turn back the time to make it right and avoid it. It’s true you disappointed me so much I resented you. I couldn’t help it. You hurt Lisa. Of course I’ll get mad. But, even though that’s the case, you were true and real. You started a war perhaps you already knew you wouldn’t win thinking and believing for me. I’m thankful to know that you fought for me, but only that you did it the wrong way for everyone else. I’m thankful that even you knew I was with Lisa and that I’m crazy in love with her, you never left me and you stood beside me. Maybe if you weren’t there when I had nothing, I’m probably dead by now. So, thank you Jisoo. Let’s not make it any bigger anymore. I don’t want any wars and hatred anymore. I’m too tired to be handling more so let’s end it.” Jennie said smiling to ease the burden in Jisoo as she settled in peace.

 

Jisoo has to fake a smile for her image’s sake, not letting her emotions burst out and let her incoming tears cover her sweet face that everyone always see in her. And in this bitter sweet smile she flashes, she hisses, “You’re really a nice person Jennie. No wonder even the defiant and unruly Lalisa Manoban falls head over heels for you and even changed her. You’re amazing, really…”

 

“Thank you.” Jennie giggled.

 

“Is there anything I can do to redeem my mistakes? I’ll insist because I’d feel bad if I won’t do anything.” Jisoo said as she regained a bit of her usual self, a bright and jolly person.

 

Jennie acts thinking deep but she only came up with a playful answer, “Then, how about you deliver all my classes’ notes and lectures at home since I’ll won’t be coming here until finals anymore. But oh, on the second thought, maybe just hand over it to Nayeon since Lisa might end up killing you if you show up at home.”

 

Jisoo laughs soft, “You’re right. Lisa might really stab me to death if ever. Even now, if she sees us together like this she might come attacking me and end my life right on the spot. But sure, I’d do what you want. I’ll be more than glad to help you for your fast recovery.”

 

Later, Jennie’s phone started ringing, a message coming from Lisa stating, “I’m at the parking lot. I’ll wait for you here.”

 

And so Jennie has to conclude their short yet sincerest talk, “I have to go. Lisa just arrived.”

 

“I see. You should go then. Lisa might get worried if you’re a second late.” Jisoo nodded and only watched Jennie standing from her seat, preparing to leave.

      

But before Jennie could even step far from her, she remembers one thing that suddenly struck her, making her stop for a minute to tell, “By the way, when you said before that Lisa can’t give me the good environment and everything I need like wealth, money and treasures, I’ve been actually thinking about that. It’s true that as a part of rich society, we need those to live along with some important matters we need to jive along with the rich people. Of course you need those things. I understand that at the back of my mind but my heart just can’t agree with it.”

 

“What?” Jisoo looked up at her. “You can be honest with me.” She then assured for Jennie to go on whatever will spill.

 

“I want to be with Lisa so bad. She almost lost everything, her family, her passion and even me but… after she almost lost everything, even if she’s already on the verge of falling apart, she still had love in her heart and she hangs on to that. I might sound so silly and stupid but I’d rather live my life in a world with nothing left but love. Even if Lisa can’t provide me anything in material, I’d still choose to be with her.” Jennie said from the bottom of her heart.

 

Jennie left right after, leaving Jisoo snickering at her own self, “Damn, I can’t believe those two lovebirds. I guess it’s really a complete lost, huh?”

 

Jennie happily jogs her way to the parking lot, eager to meet the person she hasn’t seen for hours yet she misses the most. And there leaning against her sports car’s bumper is Lisa, her every day’s happy pill. Happiness is in the moment as if a beam of light come into Jennie’s soul. Jennie couldn’t just stand watching her from afar; wanting to have Lisa around her arms again like every morning they wake up together in each other’s arms.

 

“Sorry to keep you waiting!” Jennie jumped into her fiancé, surprising her with a tight embrace and her ecstatic chuckles.

 

Lisa tugged back a little to take a glimpse of this woman she vowed to be with forever and scolds yet lovingly as she does, “Yah, don’t run like that. You’re still recovering and what if something happened to you? Geez, be careful next time, okay?” 

 

Jennie nodded overjoyed staring at Lisa’s face up close, “Yeah. I will. I was just excited to see you again.”

 

“Did you miss me that much?” Lisa grinned and she got a rapid nod from her childish girl. “Well, guess who missed you more?” She then said pointing at herself.

 

“Hey you two! Get a room!” Students passing by the parking lot and some merely hanging in the area chanted at the couple in their own world.

 

They have been so obsessed of each other’s presence and this moment of intimacy that they have forgotten of their place, an open area where people with the same caliber as of them are witnessing their unbreakable love. Embarrassed, of course they are that they extremely blushed as they were caught, but neither cared of love close they can be in front of everyone.

 

 “Ah yeah! We’re going to get a room! Can you recommend us a perfect one? Somewhere that’s near since my clingy girl wants to cuddle with me!” Lisa answered back with a tease she matched with an arrogant smirk to the people chanting at them in envy of their love.

 

As a result, Lisa received a strong heavy spank by her shoulders from the ashamed blooming Jennie and grumbles as she enters the car herself, “Shut up you stupid! Let’s just go back home!”

 

Their spirits are high while silently enjoying the ride with an open window. This is one of the times when Lisa would really love to keep her drive so slow, if only she can stop her car and just hold Jennie’s hand then she would, and leisurely spend time and relish this moment. As bright as the car’s headlights, perhaps brighter than it, is Jennie’s current level of happiness, so positive that all her day’s work stress faded away.

 

“Oh, by the way, will you tell me now where you went and what you’re doing all day?” Jennie suddenly remembered as the car stopped by the red traffic light.

 

“I’ll tell you when we get home.” Lisa smiled.

 

But Jennie childishly whines, “I want it now. I don’t want to be kept thinking for more minutes.”

 

As the light turned green, Lisa drives and sighs in defeat, “Okay I’ll tell you since I don’t want to hide it any longer too. We promised not to hide anything after all.”

 

“So, what is it?” Jennie asked and shifted her position facing Lisa on the driver’s seat.

 

Lisa hits her lowest speed in the freeway and tightens her hold onto Jennie’s hand and she finally speaks out, “I went to inquire about college entrance exams then I went to your mansion to talk with your parents about my, I mean our future plans together.”

 

“Wait, college entrance exams? Why is that?” Jennie questioned confused.

 

Lisa looks to her side, staring firmly onto Jennie’s puzzled eyes and admits, “I’m planning to go to college and study business. I already told mom and dad about it and also with your parents and they all agreed. Well, I wanted to get their approval first before I tell you…”

 

Jennie gets off her hand automatically from Lisa’s hold, surprising the latter from her reaction that’s exasperated rumbling in problems, “Lisa, what are you talking about? You? Going to college? Wait, that’s not what you want, right? What are you talking about? What’s this all about?”

 

“Well, honestly it’s not what I want but—“

 

Jennie though cuts her off with more of her sudden madness, “You don’t really have to go to college if you’re only pressured. I’m not even forcing you nor asking you to go. How about dancing? How about your group? It’s your passion, how can you just abandon that? Don’t force yourself if that’s not what you really want to do Lisa! If you’re doing this just because of me then please don’t. Please…”

 

“Jennie, you don’t understand!” Lisa argued and couldn’t control her voice she accidentally raised higher.

 

“What is it that I don’t understand? I already told you before that I can handle the business myself!” Jennie thundered.

 

Lisa is in a total shock of Jennie’s feedback, her sudden great disapproval and heavy criticisms as she only expected something lighter than this. She never saw Jennie this mad before that she’s almost turning red in anger which results her to lose all the words and explanations she has in her mind. Jennie’s mood suddenly turned upside down as if she wasn’t happy just a few moments ago. Now, they argue over matters they disagree with each other.

 

Lisa forced the sulking Jennie’s hand to resume her detached hold, planting a gentle kiss to calm her and hisses, “Let’s not talk about this now. Maybe some other time will do.”

 

“I hate you…” Jennie moped and looked out through the windows, refusing to have at least a glimpse of Lisa’s figure with her eyes occasionally glancing onto her while she drives.

 

The couple never exchanged any more words up until they reached their nest, with Jennie still sulking and have herself locked in their room, leaving Lisa unattended and all alone outside, not letting her in and let her stay at the living room. In a cold night, the couple goes along, spending the night with each other’s cold shoulders, one being an understanding she settled in the living room for sleep and the other being stubborn she ended up awake until late night.

 

Then the next day came and as troubled as Lisa are her parents restlessly fixing Lisa’s mess that she caused overtime. Not only that they covered her by facing the media and answered some interview questions in her behalf, but they also restoring the freedom she used to have, that freedom of having no eyes following her everywhere as they banned media to get near her place, not even to follow her everywhere unless otherwise, at a public area.

 

Lisa’s father, at long last, after a whole morning of doing nothing but answering calls and satisfying the demands of the people, he rests his tired back in his seat exhaling big and loud, “When will we ever stop doing this for Lisa? I can’t believe she didn’t come to tell us personally about her plans on going to college instead she went to Jennie’s parents first. What, are Jennie’s parents her parents now? Who’s going to pay for her tuition fees if she manages to get in? Really, that brat just won’t give me a peace of mind!”

 

“Oh, stop that. Lisa also had to ask Jennie’s parents for something more than just that and you know about it. Stop sulking like a kid and let’s just support her. At least, Lisa finally opened her eyes and we should be proud of her.” His wife said and she offered a glass of water to her stressed husband.

 

Her husband heaves a sigh, “I really ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter