Chapter 8

It Wasn't The First Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

   You and Jun had lain waste to all the food he had brought as an offering. The doritos bag was crumpled on the floor, the barbeque chips bag had fallen off the bed during a tussel for the last handful. Said scrapping lead to the handful becoming tiny crumbs littering your temporary bed spread, which in turn lead to an accusatory glare at your employer which in turn lead to an excuse.

   “Why are you looking at me? You’re the one who crushed the chips.” extended silence before,“You’re the monster here.”

   “You tackled me for them you moron, what were you thinking?” you demanded rather upset not only that you had gotten your bed full of chip remains but also that you didn’t even get to finish the messy snack.

   “If I can’t have them, no one can.” Jun said darkly, looking you directly in the eye before bursting out with an eye crinkling laugh.

   “You really are a mess.” you sighed.

   “Hey!”

   With him preoccupied in his own melodrama about how his own beloved employee had no respect for him, you stole the unopened bag of simple Lays chips, not surprised, but slightly disappointed when the bag contained more air than potato chips.

  Currently however the Lays bag was completely devoid of chips and laying next to your head, taking up space on the pillow next to you. You laid on your back staring at the plain ceiling.

   “Seungcheol said tomorrow’s meeting was an all call.” you said into the room, grabbing the attention of the lazing informant at the foot of the bed.

   “S. Coups.” Jun interjected somehow both apathetic and adamant.

   You cleared your throat, dismissing his correction.

   “How many does that mean?” you continued your question.

   “Why do you think I keep tabs on all the members of this gang?”

   “You’re an informant,” you barely restrained yourself from hitting the lazy tease, “it’s your job, weasel.”

   “Not a weasel.” Jun sat up looking at you boredly, “And that is no way to try to get what you want, Y/N.” he taunted.

   You glared at him. You were glad he was back to being as irritating as he usually was; but the typical characteristic of his was driving you up a wall.

   “Let’s see,” Jun began musing while looking at the ceiling, “S. coups is here, Seungkwan, Vernon, Jeonghan, Woozi, Min-” he shook his head before correcting himself, “The8” he overemphasized, “should also at least be close by… so that leaves… Joshua, Hoshi, Wonwoo,” Jun counted on his fingers, pausing to think, “DK, Mingyu, annnnd Dino.” he concluded the list with an over dramatic sigh of exhaustion.

   “Holy… that’s a lot. No wonder it’s gonna be a full house. Thirteen people…”

   “Twelve.” Jun corrected

   “Wow, how could someone so egocentric forget to count themselves?” you responded with fake pleasantness in your tone.

   “It’s twelve, I’m not part of the gang.”

   “Bull.” you called him out, “These guys are willing to stick their neck out for you and harbour not just you but some random thief as well… based on your recommendation, they trust you at least that much, and that’s not a small show of faith, and I mean, come on! You even have your own designated room! You may act like a contractor but you’re totally allied with them. They even know your name.”

   You thought he was being stupid trying to alienate himself from the group that obviously were willing to watch his back. You can only share so much trust with a gang before you become part of it, intentionally or not.

   “Twelve.”

   You tossed yourself face first into a pillow yelling in frustration. You swear his main objective in life is to make you want to tear your hair out. You felt the bed lightly shaking before lifting your head to look at the informant who was currently muffling quiet but uncontainable chuckles behind his hand. The cover from the appendage drew your eyes to the only visible feature on his face: his eyes. They were nearly shut from his expression of outright mischievous delight, small but prominent wrinkles formed at the corners. While you were taking note of his expression you forgot how long you were staring; not noticing the laughter dying down until Jun opened his eyes to meet yours; both of you looking surprised for a moment before you averted your vision, turning your head in the opposite direction.

   You stubbornly looked at the door to your room instead of at the man you were sure had a smirk on his face by now. There was only a beat of silence when you felt weight on the bed shift, drawing your attention back in Jun’s direction as you ce again towards him. Laying on your stomach was not the ideal position for surveying your surroundings. He had in fact not moved to lay back down as you had thought he might, no, instead he had moved himself to lean over and come face to face with you, his chin nearly resting on the pillow you had thrown yourself against. You were right about the smirking though, that was definitely present. Wow, he was handsome this close. You froze, eyes raking over his facial features, often getting hung up on his lips. Stupid good looks. Stupid Jun. Stupid curiosity.

   Jun’s smirk widened into a smile as you forced yourself to glare back at him.

   “Personal space much, weasel?”

   At that his smile changed into his own annoyed expression as he moved back on his knees before flopping across your back heavily.

   You felt all the air e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter