Chapter 6

It Wasn't The First Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

    Jeonghan continued to smile while waiting for your answer. You didn’t trust him.

    “I’m here with your boss’s guest.” you replied as ambiguously as possible.

    The corner of Jeonghan’s mouth twitched in annoyance. He knew you were trying to dodge his question.

    “So you’re here with Jun.” he reasoned. You tried not to let your face express how surprised you were that he knew Jun’s name. He smirked.

    “I’ve only been able to hear a bit about his situation, but it sounds serious. Anything to make Jun abandon his precious city hideout must be pretty bad.” he dragged slightly  trying to get you to divulge any info you might know.

    Unfortunately for both of you, you knew nothing.

    “I don’t know. All I know is that we’re being chased.” you told him both truthfully and diplomtically.

    While this answer seemed to make Jeonghan relax his interrogation, it did nothing to satisfy his curiosity.

    Well aren’t you boring.” he huffed sitting down next to you on the sofa.

    You didn’t grace him with a response.

    “How long have you been Jun’s lackey?” Jeonghan asked conversationally.

    “I’ve been working with him for over a year.”

    “Working for him, you mean. No one works with Jun. You either hire him or he hires you. And he most definitely hired you.”

    You shot him a glare, he only smiled coyly at you.

    “So what makes you so special to have been invited into the lions’ den? Jun’s a drop them after a couple of months kinda guy. Not a let’s save her from certain death and risk my own hide kind of guy.” Jeonghan nonchalantly explained, “He’s had plenty of runners before but never kept them around for very long.”

    “I don’t know.” you admitted. The thought of being thrown away by Jun at this point made you nervous. You hoped for your sake that he wouldn’t ‘drop’ you like the supposed others.

    “I wish he had kept that girl Jaeda around. She was definitely more the mafia type than you. A real spitfire. Great body too. Wonder why he got rid of her.”

    You could tell he was trying to goad a response out of you and you refused to rise to the bait. Why should you even care if Jun worked with more experienced… hotter girls before. You told yourself this but could still feel a nagging inside questioning if she was really better than you. You hated it. Your thoughts were interrupted by the open and close of a fridge door sounding in the room over. You and Jeonghan both looked in the direction of what you guessed to be the kitchen. Shortly after a a guy who you would’ve guessed to be around your age came shuffling through the doorway in pajamas, bowl of cereal  in hand.

    “Oh.” he said in halfhearted surprise, “No one told me, we would have company today.”

    “This is Jun’s lackey, who has so far remained unnamed.”

    “Vernon.” the pajama clad boy introduced himself with a full mouth and closed lipped smile. You liked him you decided.

    “I’m Y/N.” you provided.

    Vernon nodded and leaned against the wall enjoying his cereal while standing up.

    “Oh, so you tell the little punk but not me? What is my life coming to?” Jeonghan asked rhetorically, putting on his own minidrama.

    You rolled your eyes.

    “So how’s the meeting going?” Vernon asked gesturing to the room Jun had gone into earlier with his chin. As if on cue, a loud slam came from behind the metal door, making you jump in your seat.

    “Not well it would seem.” Je

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter