eight

hell is where i dreamt of u and woke up alone

"I haven't gone to school for a week" Yerin stated as she continued to take another bite of her burger. Sinb on the other hand already finished her filet-o-fish, she's always been a faster eater between the both of them.  

"You'll do fine on your exams anyways, like you always do"  

Sometimes Sinb couldn't wrap her head around on how smart Yerin can be. Sure, she wasn't the smartest person in the school but the older girl was definitely gifted in some aspects academic wise. 

"I guess, you want some of this?"  

Yerin offered Sinb some of her burger because that's what always happens. Sinb would be the first one to finish and then she'll get hungry while watching Yerin eat. To her defense, it's because "Yerin makes everything look good".  

Sinb had never been the one to turn down the offer. Although today, she knew Yerin hasn’t been eating normally so she decided to shake her head as a no, knowing Yerin needs should eat the whole thing.  

The older girl placed her leftover fries in front of her girlfriend and a smile grew on the latter's face, clapping her hands like a child as if her mother bought her a set of Happy Meals. Well, they are in McDonalds after all. 

After the meal, Yerin couldn't decide whether she wanted to go back to her dorm or spend the day with Sinb. She missed her girlfriend a lot of course but she is also still very drained, both mentally and physically. 

"Should we go to the park?" Sinb strikes up an offer intertwining their fingers together while looking up to her girlfriend with another cheeky yet warm smile. Yerin stood there thinking why she never thought of that. 

And so, they went to the park and sat on the grass near a sidewalk where people often jog or just walk. Today was a nice day. The sky was as blue as it can be, with a few clouds painted on the blank blue canvas. The sunny weather wasn’t boiling their skin and instead the chilly breeze often kept them at a comfortable temperature. They would go here all the time whenever they have free time just to sit and admire the nature and most of the time admire each other too.  

"Was that your first sleep paralysis since last time?" Sinb asked breaking the agreeable silence between them.  

"The second"  

Sinb felt her heart sank to the floor even though she was sitting on grass and that could never actually happen. But just that feeling alone made her feel like .  

"I'm sor-" 

"Sinb, it's okay. Honestly speaking I should be used to it by now"  

"But I wasn't there for you when it happened and I let you suffer alone, the least I can do is apologize" 

"If you apologize again I'm going to have to attack you with a make out session, although I'd say that that's not a bad idea at all"  

"Too bad we're in public"  

"True"  

So instead of a make out session, Yerin looked around her making sure nobody was paying attention to them. And when she was sure, she finally connects her lips with Sinb's soft ones. The kiss only lasted for a few seconds due to them being in public and not wanting unnecessary attention from any homophobic people.  

It , but they have to be cautious after watching another couple of the same gender a few meters from where they were sitting one day. They were doing their own thing, and like Yerin suggested, it somehow got to the point where they were eating each other's faces out like nobody was watching. To their dismay, some people who were jogging through the sidewalk yelled disgusting words to them and even asking them to leave the country. 

Both of them only wished that this world will finally accept their kind. They hated using the word, Sinb especially. Gay people aren't a species to be labeled as that sort. 

"Was it worst when I wasn't there?"  

"Nobody was there to wake me up, so in a way yes because they- it kept on coming at me" 

Sinb was always up front on asking questions about everything and anything, so these conversations and questions weren't foreign to Yerin. She actually feels glad that Sinb is curious and wants to learn more, at least that's what she assumes. She knows Sinb always tries her best at everything and wants better for the both of them.  

"Do you think it'll ever go away?" 

"I think I'm getting better nowadays if you ask me"  

"How so?" 

"Because I think I'm slowly getting cured"  

"Eh? Are you taking those pills again?" 

"No, I'm getting cured by you, Sinb" 

Yerin averted her gaze from the sky and was greeted by a furrow eyebrowed Sinb. Her lips pursed in a thin line while looking at Yerin with squinted eyes. As cheesy as it sounds, Yerin means what she says.  

"I mean, ever since you came into my life- I think everything sort of just works itself out, I don't stress out as much as I used to. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders and I feel more relaxed compared to when I was in high school. I remember feeling worse than how I feel right now. And plus, I'm getting more sleep thanks to you too" 

Sinb only sat there mum, at a loss for words. She wasn't sure what to respond to Yerin's statement. Was she really curing Yerin?  

"What I'm trying to say is, thank you. For being here, for coming back, for existing here with me in this cruel world yet not so bad but definitely cruel world. God, I sound like I'm writing a novel" 

A smal smile finally formed on Sinb's lips, chuckling a little at Yerin's words.  

"I love you" 

"I love you too" 


i might not be able to update daily due to school as i'm getting busier nowadays so i apologise in advance. fun fact: this is the longest chapter i've ever written for this story HAHA! please do leave your thoughts in the comments :)))