three

hell is where i dreamt of u and woke up alone

Yerin had always been the oblivious type. She just has too much love to give, always showering her girlfriend with kisses and affection.  Never stopped reminding Sinb how much she loved her. Never stopped reminding Sinb how beautiful she is in every way despite being only human who made mistakes every now and then.  

But that's what made Sinb felt guilty, all Yerin had ever given is love and only love. The latter has never done anything wrong to her and yet-  

Sinb had to do her wrong.  

She knew she didn't deserve Yerin. Yerin deserves much more better than a cheating jerk of herself. She wanted Yerin to be with someone else, she wanted Yerin to be happy without her. So she left, as difficult as that was. She left with no explanation, leaving Yerin worried sick for the first few days. Later realizing that Sinb actually left for good, and there were no signs of her coming back. She had no intention of coming back. 

And yet here she was. Holding a sleep deprived, broken, terrified Yerin who had her head tucked in the crook of Sinb's neck. Sobbing uncontrollably as she tries to speak but words only came out incoherent. Sinb softly shushed her and tried her best to calm her down, letting her know that she can talk after she does so.  

After a few minutes Yerin finally composed herself and was finally able to breath with minimal sobs. They stayed in their hugging position, they were close, the hug was tight. But Yerin tighten her grip more towards the other girl, mumbling against the crook of Sinb's neck.  

"Why did you leave me"  

Sinb pulled apart from their tight hug and looked into Yerin's brown orbs that were noticeably puffy and red, even in the dark room they were in. She can't bring herself to tell Yerin why but she had to. She took a deep breath before doing so, breaking the eye contact. 

"Because I did something wrong, and I don't deserve you"  

Yerin only sat there focused, indicating Sinb to continue.  

"I'm sorry, Yerin. I don't think I can even let myself be with you anymore. You deserve so much better than me, I don't want to keep hurting you. I hate myself for coming here but I couldn't stop myself. I missed you so much and I just needed to see you, I'm sorry."  

"What are you sorry for? What did you do? You know I'll forgive you no matter wh-"  

"I cheated on you, Yerin"  

A sudden pang hits Yerin's chest when she heard those words come out of Sinb's mouth. She didn't know how to respond, she wasn't sure how to feel. She didn't understand. 

"Why?" 

"I.. Was just.."  

It was difficult to explain the situation when there wasn't much of a reason behind it.  

"It was a one time thing, it meant nothing. I know that's not going to fix what I've done but I want you to know that before I go"  

"With who?" 

Yerin only kept a straight face while asking, it was hard to determine what emotion she held. Sinb couldn't bring herself to connect their eyes together, scared that it might trigger something in Yerin.  

"I don't think I got her name, I was drunk, we both were" 

"And you're leaving again?"  

Yerin's voice cracked at the end of the sentence, a lump formed in and her eyes started getting teary again. She didn't know what to feel, she loves Sinb too much to even get angry.  

"You don't love me anymore, is that what you're saying?"  

A tear left her eye, this time her crying was calmer, collected. She felt like a broken piece of glass.  

"No no no no n- I love you so much Yerin. I love you too much to even realize that it's so pathetic for me to be here. I'm stupid Yerin, I can't forgive myself from what I did to you. It was wrong and it's better if I go" 

"Can I ask you to stay?"  

Nothing hurt more than hearing Yerin saying those words, it coming out shaky, eyes pleading like nothing else mattered in the world with her lips trembling. Even when she's in the wrong, Yerin is still the one asking for her to stay. The tears Sinb has been holding in finally lets it self go. It hurt so much to see Yerin like this, so vulnerable, so broken.  She hated herself more. She was the cause of this.

"I- I don't know, I don’t trust myself" 

"But I trust you. I trust you with all my heart, please stay" 

"Please don't ever leave me again"