six

hell is where i dreamt of u and woke up alone

If I'm going to be honest, I'm still exhausted. But my mind is much clearer now so I guess that's a good thing. My personal hell seemed to disappear and I hope it doesn’t come back anytime soon.  

I see Sinb wash her face by the sink inside my dorm room bathroom, the door was open so I could see inside. Meanwhile I changed into another pair of clothes.  

"Do you want to change?"  

"I think I'm good like this, or do I stink and that's your way of asking me to shower?" 

I chuckle at her remark. Sinb always her ways of making things funny and fun. That's one of my favorite things about her, despite her cold and hard to understand behavior at times.  

She comes of out the bathroom and heads straight to my t-shirt drawer. Flipping through the few folded shirts available but she didn't seem too pleased and instead turns around facing me.  

Her eyes wandered around the room, the floor to be specific. What is she looking for?  

Then she smiled sheepishly, my eyes followed what she was looking at and it was the shirt I was wearing for the whole night before. It was a few inches away from where I was standing.  

I picked it up and looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "You want to wear this?" I asked and she nods with that smile still plastered on her face. How can she be so cute in the morning?  

She immediately slid out of her the shirt she was currently wearing, exposing her torso all for my eyes to see. I gulped at sight, it's been awhile since I've seen her body like this. My eyes met hers and she stretched out her hand indicating for me to toss it to her and I snap out of my thoughts doing so.  

She slid it through her head with a chuckle and I blush from a little embarrassment. She never fails to make me feels everything all at once.  

"Ready?"  

I nod in response, getting my purse and phone from my study table before we head out.  

-- 

Fortunately, and sometimes unfortunately, McDonalds is really near my dorm. Around a few blocks or so. We go here all the time, and it amazes me how Sinb can order the same thing every time we do.  

The only difference in her orders are the size, often it's large but this time she opted for the medium. She's probably going to steal my fries anyways.  

We're seated facing each other and Sinb immediately dives into her filet-o-fish, even the way she chews is admirable. I ordered a double cheese burger with a large set of fries and drink. Sinb usually eats the pickles when I order this and this time it was no exception.  

I didn't realize how hungry I was until I noticed that I already devoured half of my double cheese burger without looking up. When I finally do, my eyes met hers that were filled with relief and warmth. I formed a small smile as I off the excess sauce off my lips. 

"Yerin"  

She puts down her filet-o-fish and takes a sip of her drink before continuing. I continued to chew my own burger waiting.  

"I.. Want to apologise" she says and pursed her lips after. Something she does when she's deep in thought, thinking of something to say. I again only wait for her to continue not wanting to interrupt.  

"I know that what I did was wrong and I am totally at fault. Both about the cheating and running away. I know I broke our trust, I broke your trust. I'll do my best to regain it... that's if you want me to. I- I really love you a lot, Yerin. I'm sorry again"  

Her eyes were glued to the burger in front of her the whole time she spoke, but I could see her glossy eyes wandering everywhere but to my own. One of her free hands was on the table and I reach out to hold them. I give it a little squeeze of encouragement and her eyes finally met mine.  

I'm far from mad. It hurts but I forgive her of course, it's a mistake. She's only human and every human will do things that they'll regret. Just by the mere fact that she came back and is right here in front me all safe and sound, I'm grateful and for the first time in a while I feel happy. 

"I forgive you, let's put all of this behind of us yeah?" I say as I softly run my thumb across the back of her hand.  

"And I want you to stay, no matter what happens. No matter what you do or done, promise me you won't run away like last time, please?"  

"I promise"