fifteen

hell is where i dreamt of u and woke up alone

Everyone sat on the floor in silence enjoying their chinese food, Sojung figured that it'd be nice to try to the new chinese food chain that had just opened around their dorm area. Sojung found it weird that new stores are always opening around their dorm area.   

  

Sinb offered Yerin some of her noodles and Yerin gladly took some, she knew if she rejected her girlfriend's offer she'd worry the girl more. Sinb was happy that Yerin is eating, the very least.   

  

"So are we just gonna sit in silence and eat or..." Sinb broke the silence but not looking up from her paper cup. Yerin snickered at her girlfriend's comment while the other two girls only sat mum. "Maybe it wasn't the best idea to let them have eat with us, maybe they want privacy, you know?" Yerin whispered into Sinb's ear. Sinb blinked a couple of times and mentally smacked herself for not thinking of that in the first place.    

  

"Wait, Yennie! Do you want McDonalds? I mean, this chinese food is really good but I suddenly want McDonalds. Let's go" Sinb suddenly gets up grabbing Yerin's hand with the paper cup in the other hand, basically dragging Yerin out of the room before she could even say anything.    

  

And they headed to McDonalds.   

  

--   

  

Sinb insisted on ordering me a set of Spicy Chicken McDeluxe and like just now, I could only agree with a smile. I really didn't want to worry her anymore. I'm burdening her, why does she care for me so much?    

  

She finally came back after a few minutes with a huge smile on her face and places the tray in front of me. She stares me down, probably waiting for me to get eating. I only smiled sheepishly back at her.    

  

I really didn't have any appetite but for Sinb, the last thing I'd want to do is worry her so I proceeded to unwrap my burger and took a few fries into my mouth. To be honest, somehow eating the fries was refreshing and I felt my stomach growl in hunger wanting to be filled.   

  

"Yennie..." Sinb called out softly. Instead of a wide smile, now she was smiling a little more softly, a caring smile that she often does that never fails to calm me down. I hum back in response as I get rid of some salad from my burger because they put too much for my liking.   

  

"What's going on up there?" She whispers softly and I look up from my burger to be greeted with her eyes staring right into mine. She's searching again. I wish I could tell her that I'm searching too.   

  

I only stared back at her trying to collect my thoughts. I wet my dry lips and tried my best to figure out a sentence that didn't sound bad to say. How the hell do I ask someone why they care so much about me without sounding like a total , you know?   

  

"It's... kinda stupid" I answered and Sinb reached for my free hand, squeezing it in reassurance. "Nothing is stupid when it comes to you, Yerin"    

  

"I've been having these thoughts lately..." I start but pause to collect more of my thoughts. I know the only way I can get over these feelings is to talk about them, and since I know Sinb is right here to listen, it makes more comfortable to do so. And as expected, Sinb is listening intently to what I have to say. But her eyes are also travelling down to my burger, which is also expected from my Sinb. I hand her my burger but she refused, so I bend over a little more and decided to feed her, she took a bite and I giggled.   

  

"So these thoughts, what are they?" Sinb questioned while munching. "Wow, I sound like a therapist" she joked. "Since I'm like your personal therapist, you can tell me anything and everything"    

  

I chuckled at her statement and took a bite of the burger, chewed it down and thought more of what to say. I will never understand how she's so patient with me. And that became the first question I asked her.   

  

"How are you so patient with me? Don't you get annoyed?" I ask, it came out a little harsh but I tried to control my tone of voice so Sinb doesn't get the wrong idea. She only smiles back at me waiting for me to continue.   

  

"This is going to sound... a bit... I don't know how to describe it but I promise I don't mean it that way. But why do you care about me so much?" I question once more. Her expression changes, her eyes are squinted and her eyebrows furrowed meeting each other. Sinb stares into my eyes intently, her eyes also roam around my face with her tongue sticking out a little, deep in thought as always.    

  

"Well... first of I'm... your girlfriend..." Sinb starts and I chuckle at her answer. That is true, it's funny how I never thought of that. "But you're also not just my girlfriend Yerin... You're my whole world."   

  

"You see, Yerin. You might not realize it but you make me extremely happy. Not once have I'd considered you annoying, well excluding the times where you'd tease me for things but even then- those aren't exactly the annoying you mean. Ever since I met you, you have given me nothing but happiness and peace to myself, something that I've always had a hard time with. But you, you achieved to do that in such simple ways. Like having these simple dates at McDonalds, like how you would snuggle up to me during our cuddles, like how we would wake up facing each other, like how sometimes you're the last thing I see before I go to bed and the first thing I see when I wake up, like how your dumb jokes and cheesy pickup lines never fail to make my heart jump higher each time. I fall in love with you more every single day Jung Yerin, and I've never regretted any time that I've spent with you"    

  

Sinb continued to stare into my eyes even after she finished talking, still searching for something. Always searching for something. I only sat in my seat mum, not sure of how to respond to Sinb's sudden speech, about me. I guess the only thing I can do is munch on my burger and I did, a small smile formed on Sinb's beautiful lips complimented with her soft expression.    

  

"You're the sun, and I'm the moon. Without you, Yerin, I can never shine. You complete me, I'm able to shine because of you Yerin, because you shine too, you shine the brightest"   

  

There was a minute of silence before I spoke up.   

  

   

  

   

  

"...I guess I'm just that hot then..." I said lowly. Sinb bursts into laughter and I chuckled along with her. Sometimes I question why I'm like this.    

  

"I don't... really know what to say" I said after we both calmed down. Sinb squeezed my hand. "You don't have to, but I want you to know that I love you, is that clear?"    

  

"Yes... I love you too"    

  

"Good, now finish your burger before I finish it" Sinb warned accompanied with a chuckle.    

  

--   

  

Silence filled the room as they heard the door click behind them. Yuju didn't know why she thought it'd be a good idea to follow Sinb and suddenly meet the love of her life, unprepared at that. She internally cursed at Sinb for that.   

  

"How's the food?" Sojung asked, breaking the awfully awkward silence between them, and Yuju was glad. "It's great! Is it from that new chinese restaurant that opened near here? New shops are always opening here it's weird" Yuju answered, there she goes again blabbering out her thoughts.   

  

"Right! I thought of that too, like the café literally just opened 2 weeks ago and here we have another restaurant opening" Sojung enthusiastically replied to Yuju's statement.    

  

"Why haven't you gone back there though...?" Yuju suddenly asks. Sojung's head turns to Yuju. "I've gotten a little busy lately, but I do go there every now and then"   

  

"Oh... I was hoping to meet you again there but I never saw you... Fate really doesn't want us to be together I guess" Yuju says lowly with her head down. Sojung averts her vision back to her cup of chinese noodles. "I actually saw you a couple of times... but..." Sojung paused, gathering her thoughts.   

  

There was no particular reason why she didn't go up to Yuju and at least said hi. Sojung being the shy and socially awkward person she is, it was difficult. Every time she saw Yuju in the café she couldn't help but get tense and her anxious levels go off the roof.    

  

"I was scared... I guess. I'm sorry" Sojung apologised as that was the only thing that made sense in her head at the moment. Yuju finally looked up and her head snaps towards Sojung. She leaned in a little closer to Sojung. "Scared of what...?" Yuju whispered.   

  

Startled, Sojung too looks up from her cup of noodles and now their eyes meet. Shivers goes down both of their spines as they examine each other's faces. Suddenly Sojung felt her breath get stuck and her heart rate rising faster than usual, while Yuna's cheeks were getting flushed.   

  

"I'm... not sure" Sojung replied with the same hushed tone Yuju used. "Well, you don't have to be scared anymore"    

  

"Cus' I'm here" Yuju smiled widely, voice still low. Sojung's heart was so pumping hard that she felt like it was going to burst right out her chest. She didn't know what else to do other than stare into Yuju's eyes, Yuna's eyes.    

  

"Yuna?" Sojung called out earning a hum in response. "Is your name still pretty when I say it?"    

  

"Very, pretty"    

  

Now both of them are smiling wide, hearts thumping like mad hatter, eyes never leaving each other and cheeks equally flushed like after a few shots of Soju.    

  

--

hi everyone! i hope you're having a good day/night so far, sorry for the weird spacing something went wrong with my document TT

i know this chapter is kinda lame but i hope it's not that bad. im actually not sure on how to continue this story like how it's going to end and stuff so until then, i hope you all can bear with me :))

thank you for reading :)